Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (2 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (2 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (2 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (2 years ago)

Post #12872 Enaud's account of contacting fox regarding skit-b Posted by Enaud (2 years ago)

Post #13034 Description of an adversary proceeding (or AP) Posted by jasonp (2 years ago)

Post #13477 Discharge of debt denied by order Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13483 Stipulations for waiving chapter 7 discharge Posted by Compy (2 years ago)

Post #13528 Audio recording from Jan 27 court hearing regarding bankruptcy filing Posted by Wolfmarsh (2 years ago)

Post #13729 Summary of legal bankruptcy terminology Posted by Razorbak86 (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 4 years ago

Talk about one and done! Well....maybe I should wait to see if there is even "one" before saying that.

#438 4 years ago

Even if they eventually ship all 250 Predator's and even if they turn out to be good games; how could anyone possibly pre-order from them again?

#472 4 years ago

Where do I send money to get in on "Experts of Dangerous"? That way I will be allowed to complain publicly when I don't receive any information on the progress of my game.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

man...
this would be great entertainment to set up a bunch of chairs (at like the Tex Pin Fest) in one of the halls, and put like 8-10 people up there, a moderator/facilitator to ask provocative questions about "THE MACHINE" and let the show begin. ...and of course, tell the people up there to be extreme, controversial, paranoid, fearful, supportive, argumentative, passionate, etc...
i'd pay to watch that show

Fixed it for you.

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The amount of hate that comes from some is astounding to me.

No one is "hating" Skit-B. We just think they could have handheld things about 80% better than they have.

2 months later
#814 4 years ago

I just can't even imagine EOD being a success. I'll come back and say "IM A BIG BOOB" if it is.

1 & done......if it gets done. Just my prediction....not trying to be nasty or anything.

#829 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did but at least it's in my house.

And fun to play.....finished or not.

1 week later
#949 4 years ago

They made your Batman game

#968 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This whole idea sounds good on paper until the part where a buyer has to convince his wife to get a game featuring giant boobs AND Nazi symbolism

I don't know.....still sounds pretty damn good to us!

You have to draw a whole bunch of $$$ signs when you show her the concept

#1002 4 years ago

Right theme, art, layout & price and pre-ordering will do just fine.....look at Alien.

1 week later
#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I seriously think some people love to see folks lose their money and also see Skit-B crash and burn.

I don't know....I guess there are always a few twisted F'ks out there. I'm not involved (except that I'm active in this hobby) and I HATE that this is happening....and appears to be happening a lot! I wanted ALL of these "boutique" manufacturer's to be successful......that's good for the hobby.

What's happening here is VERY BAD for the hobby! That's why I and others keep checking in on these threads. People are getting F'd over.....many of them are in denial about it......it's not good.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What's crazy is if there is a positive outcome with Fox, he still has to build 250 machines. And we know how smooth that has gone so far.

I think it will literally take at least 1.5 years for them to ship all 250.....if they get cranking.

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is by and large a more negative place and all doom and gloom

Where are you hanging out (just this thread)? I think this place is great and come here to converse with whole lot of upbeat, happy-go-lucky people. It usually puts a smile on my face or even makes me laugh. I love this hobby and even more the people in it. I've made a lot of new friends because of this site.

It's a happy place for me (BTW...I just ignore the douchebags).

#1778 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If the licence was not fully obtained them why did he even go ahead with this

Quoted from spfxted:

What I don't totally understand is....when you make up a playfield, backglass, toys, etc...you show a license. I went to Staples to get one of my scripts copied. They wouldn't do it until I proved I had the rights!
Did EVERYONE just make up this stuff on his word??

Did you guys listen to the podcast? Not saying he's 100% right (neither does he) but he makes some really convincing arguments. His take on the licensing is that they probably had it.....and it probably expired. You have to pay to maintain it.....probably a lot.

#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

this may well get back to Kevin not understanding what he could and could not do. Possible he believed he could not longer use the assets and market, but that he was still clear to sell the number of machines he was licensed for. Again, not saying that is the case, but the first thing that comes to mind.

That would make some sense. Licence ran out....so cannot advertise in any way. But what does not make any sense is that the license should allow them to "show off" what they have done. Just like Stern can tell you about and show pictures or even video of every game they have ever made....even though those licenses are long dead.

#1980 4 years ago

We should just go back to Jennifer Connelly pics:

jennifer-connelly-1.png

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

2nd best part of that is the dinosaurs dropping out of the UFO in the background

I had not noticed that!

#2114 4 years ago

Let's stay on topic people:

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're the skinniest mofo I know! EAT A SAMMICH and get sexy for us, Aurich!!!!

It's not about him.

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

the only actress under 30 who appears to have ever even SEEN a sandwich is Jennifer Lawrence.

Ummm....Scarlett Johansson....well technically not under 30 (she's 30).

Kate Upton!

#2253 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

red heads are evil.

Quoted from nephasth:

bat shit crazy...

AKA - FUN

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Better than nothing

But that "is" nothing.

#2662 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rob, part of the reason I'd ask for a refund is that Kevin was obviously lying even to his close friends and business partners. Aaron was reporting in good faith what he was told, and he got thrown under the bus by passing along lies without knowing it.
How are you going to trust that guy going forward?
Pinheads are pretty forgiving if you're just straight up with them. But if you lie and hide the truth it's hard to ever go back.

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”

#3175 4 years ago

What I really want to know is............was that dress white and gold or blue and black?

#3249 4 years ago

I say we change the title of this thread to:

"The Official Pinside Skit-B Predator Disaster Discussion"

Edit...I just noticed that when you hover over the word "Predator" above it says "Skit-B Pinball, 2013".

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

in multiple posts he has stated point blank there is no issue with "the license" even though one never existed.

Well there can't be an issue with something that never existed.

#3600 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So very true, but unfortunately there are some that love nothing more than to see something burn so they can say they knew better. Some thrive on the screwing of others and for a long time have been rooting for failure.
It would be nice to have a preowners only discussion but unfortunately there is no way to even know who that is anymore.
Regardless of how bad this situation currently is, it is pretty disgusting some of the posting of personal info and threats of vigilantly justice. Honestly sickens me more than a potential loss of game or money.

And you just might have been responsible for causing people to stay in this much longer than they should (or would) have.

#3603 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Did I cause you to stay in longer? Did I cause anyone to stay in longer?
Serious question. I keep hearing this but nobody has actually contacted me or said I am the reason they now are in this...

Come on man, you were far and away the biggest cheerleader here. Constantly telling everyone who was in on it to stick with it and that Kevin was a good guy who would find a way to get it done if you just gave him more time. You were afraid that if people started to bail early the whole thing would crumble. (Total paraphrasing).

#5073 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So if he does refund all the money and there is no scam then thats super lame of the folks who tattled to fox, right? This was a small 250 run with a prototype that went to shows. Perhaps insanely slow to develop etc. Not the issue. Now, because some "pinsiders on a crusade", or however they identified their self-rightesous selfs, fox wins and all 250 preorders get money back, but lose. Bummer!

He Never Had A License!

#5378 4 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

do you believe in karma?

Well that was a quick rewrite

#5560 4 years ago
Quoted from gamestencils:

There's just no way to justify stealing from Fox in this case whether you see them as 'the man' or not. This project was going to unravel either way, the writing was on the wall long long ago. Here's how it should have gone in 2012:
SkitB: Hi fox! We're a couple home-brew pinball guys that have made a really cool pinball machine themed after your Predator movies as a fan project, we're super fans! We'd love to offer them to others in a limited production run if we could obtain licensing, is this possible?
Fox: NO.
The end. That's it. Everything beyond that is just bad decision making.

LOL! That's exactly how this would have (and should have) gone down.

#5689 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, I think so. Kevin was easy enough to filter out. Really don't think I'm the naive one here.

Do they have a proven track record? If so, they're good right?

Do you have a history of producing product? Was that hard?

Scam for the Euro guys it would seem. Could that be a warning in the vendor description? Hmm???

Standard disclaimer. This info is not an endorsement. Use at your own discretion.

I'm not sure how you get the impression that's what I think. Wayne with MMR. Kevin with Predator. If it happens again, I guess we as a community just do the same thing we did before huh?

Just don't pre-order........Done!

#5753 4 years ago

SNN2502GX3-532_1459446a.jpg

#6000 4 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I always pay 100% of my credit card bill before the end of the month. They give me cash back for using the credit card, and protection when buying stuff. A lot of credit cards don't have annual fees either. I use my credit card for everything.

Ditto. I have most of my monthly bills on one CC. Dish, Verizon, Consumers Power, Netflix......etc....They give me 2 points for every dollar spent. I now have enough to fly to Europe for free. Never carry a balance.

#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I do the same thing, never have a balance, and I am getting lots of frequent flyer miles. However, this is only a good idea if you are wired a certain way. For some folks it can be a slippery slope to heavy high interest debt.
It's not a judgement on anybody, but you have to take an honest look at yourself and see if it is a dangerous move for you or not. I know it sounds weird, but I have a real sense of accomplishment each month when I pay the cc balance in full. I know that I am living within my plan.

Honestly....my wife handles the day to day finances. Without her to keep me in check I'd probably get into trouble

That being said I am the long term planner and handle all of the retirement plans and major purchases like cars/home etc....

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

While I know Martin cares about the hobby, and I do like him, I think he needs some competition too.

???

Who the hell is going to step into this little hobby and do what Martin does? Know one....that's who. I amazed we have someone as professional doing all that he does in and for this hobby in the first place!

#6162 4 years ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

no i did not think that easy at all.so if you think you have something to manufacture as a start up company you don't stand a chance? i don't know so im asking...

I think if you could show that you have a brain in your head, a solid plan, and have done your due diligence then you could probably make it work. Basically they just want their cut and to make sure you don't make their IP look bad.

#6182 4 years ago

Lawsuits begin today?

#6468 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

So you think people who make 60k a year are poor and downtrodden?

I'm pretty sure the median income there is nowhere near 60k. I my rural northern Michigan county the median household income is $28,000.

1 week later
#6874 4 years ago

What a friggin nightmare.

#7310 4 years ago

mdn.gif

#7544 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Twenty bucks says his "getting the rights" to Long Tall Sally was him buying the song through his mom's iTunes account. Anyone?

Well that would be "Fair Use" wouldn't it?

1 month later
#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

What happened to Aliens?

Nothing.....he was just joking.

I don't think anyone is going to help "fund" someone who can afford all those pre-orders.

3 months later
#9652 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRebel:

Really? Nothing seems threatening to you?

I'm pretty sure he meant "physical threats" not "legal threats". I see nothing wrong with those. I would consider what PinChili did to be potentially illegal.

I would not have touched that pin with a 10ft pole.

1 year later
#11924 2 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Can Kevin's prosecution be used as legal precedence to build a case around JPOP? This is new territory to the courts as far as I am concerned.

No, fraud is fraud.

#11952 2 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

I said it's not economically responsible to spend thousands of dollars to re-earn $250. I then said it IS responsible to spend a couple hundred to reclaim a thousand.

That's just it.....you're not getting it. It's not about the "economics" it's about making sure Kevin pays and pays dearly for his fraudulent acts. I didn't lose on this one but if I had lost $250 I would have happily paid in another $1500 to see Kevin get what he deserves. It's not about the money, it's about doing what's right and sometimes that requires throwing good money after bad.

#11970 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And he said profit too, not revenue.
So, this "Ph.D. in progress" claims that JJP made $4,000 net per machine on 10,000 WoZ machines, or some variant of that math. Now that's funny.

Did he really sell 10,000 WOZ's?

1 month later
#12068 2 years ago

Boom goes the dynamite!

Owners might not get much back in the end but getting a piece of his ass has got to be worth something.

#12118 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Maybe Dog will come out to play...

That would actually be perfect....as far as entertainment value.

1 month later
#13485 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

everyone's money being found and returned.

Well that's not going to happen. Maybe they will get something back and that's the best they can hope for......plus Kevin going to jail.

1 month later
#14561 2 years ago
Quoted from mhkohne:

It's like a tow company that does illegal parking tows as part of their business - you can't take low ratings seriously because there's always some bozo with a grudge who's going to try to use the reviews against them.

So how is the towing business?

#14613 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Funny, any time i complain about pins being sold to horrendous prices, i get to hesr that the market dictate the price and it is worth what someone want to pay

Correct.......apple's & orange's.

#14616 2 years ago
Quoted from songofsixpence:

I'd pay $1 for the license. I would make EoD T-shirts. Figure potential profits in the dozens of dollars!

I think you'd lose money.

2 weeks later
#14827 2 years ago

Yeah.....I don't get it either? It's just an add for a super nice pinball machine.

#14834 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Probably because this legal battle is dragging on forever and Keith needs to get some cash flowing somehow since he's racked up a zillion hours on this case and hasn't hardly gotten anything in return to speak of.
John

I think Keith is doing alright.

#14836 2 years ago

That is exactly what I was thinking of.

#14848 2 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

After everything Keith has done, I'm glad he has things like the lambo. He deserves it.
Outside of taking every Kulek "house" in existence, my only other guilty pleasure in this would being able to drive said 'lambo' for a quick circuit ... honestly though, I would settle for a co-pilot seat just to hear that harmonious engine music.

They have places where you can "rent" a Lamborghini and drive it on a racetrack. I did it a couple years ago.....but I chose to drive a Ferrari 458.....it was amazing.

#14869 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

It's an investment. I swear

I think you meant "Write-Off".

#14963 2 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Inconceivable!

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.99
$ 19.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside