Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Dude_Abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the pic so us not a part of FB can see!

1 month later
#625 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It was?
When?
I must have missed it. Please provide the link. Or perhaps one of the 4 people who gave you a thumbs up for this can provide the link on your behalf since they agree that "the license doesn't allow certain forms of advertising".

Quoted from fastpinball:

I thought Kevin would hit that one more directly in the email, since the licensing topic is a hot one with all the DP stuff going on. Pretty simple. Licensing says you cannot promote the IP online, social media, in marketing, etc. You get what you pay for. Since it was a limited run that was sold out, paying for the opportunity to promote as such would have been a waste of money.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

This is it in a nut shell. They can't promote it in the way some want/demand it to be but it is such a small run so they were not worried about promoting it in that manner. It has been stated by the maker to customers there is absolutely no issue with them delivering 250 Predator machines to those waiting.

1 month later
#963 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Did I miss something? When did Stern do anything regarding pre-ordering?

They said they do not take or condone preorders. In a nut shell if a distributor takes your preorder $ and you don't get the machine you have to take it up with the distributor Stern will not be liable.

#970 9 years ago

As far as I'm concerned, the concept was pioneered by JJP (and executed slowly but ultimately successfully I suppose?), and is being killed by SkitB, DP, and JPop for most folks.

In all fairness here JJP helped kill it as well with the near 4 year wait for some.

#972 9 years ago

and ultimately pre-orders persisted well after that debacle...

May of continued after but they have contributed as much as any other party to my current stance (and I imagine others) of not preordering. I get what your saying though.

#1008 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When your grail pin becomes available, you will pre-order....

TBL was not pre-ordered so that's not true Ted.

#1010 9 years ago

I hear you it was pretty hard for me to fight the temptation of TBL but I'm sticking to my guns. Having my money out of investments and in on a pin that doesn't exist for years on in just grates at me.

1 week later
#1092 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Define "soon"...

There is no definition of 'soon' that will satisfy me. The only thing that will keep this project alive (for me at least) is solid playing pins shipping within a months time. I've been positive on this project from day one and have done my best to help where I can. That said, the time to deliver pins is now not at this or that date in the future. I'm number 6 in production & when/if I get the pin you will all know about it.

#1585 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, as I mentioned in a Predator Thread...I went in on a big 50's film poster collection. I sold most of my machines.

Bad call Ted!

1 week later
#2150 9 years ago

This is a pretty sad situation....Hopefully in a few more days things will be much clearer.

#2209 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That "official" (locked) thread needs to be updated to include the last two updates from Kevin. Otherwise, THIS is the thread that contains the REAL information, even if it is just paraphrasing Kevin's "official" emails or the other unofficial (anonymous) emails at the heart of this recent uproar. The chick and boob pics are simply a coping mechanism as people wait for further information (whether "official" or unofficial).

Well there was no real updated information provided on those 'updates' so they will not be added. If there is any real update you can either sift through this mess or go to linked thread. Simple as that.

#2216 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I mean, I guess I can't really argue with you that the emails were pretty empty (I've read them both) but they were official updates from Kevin, is there a reason they're being treated differently from the past ones? You've always posted his mass emails before, and there wasn't anything in them that was marked secret or owner's eyes only or anything.
Not being argumentative, just wondering if there's some kind of change in the thinking.

Just a decision I made sorry you don't care for it. I've done the best I can to keep people up to date on this project. When an update actually provides content regarding the projects progress happens I will update it as soon as I get a chance. Kind of tough to keep motivated to do this type of thing in the future when the main feedback are complaints about stuff like this. I understand it's the nature of the online community but it gets to be a bit much at times. Can't we let little things like this go and just understand someone is doing the best they can to help the community out (instead of nit picking every detail)?

EDIT>>The most recent 'update' emails have been added to the update thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates/page/2#post-2314047

#2656 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why is anyone even excited for this pin? The theme is AMAZING but the game is just so BLAH. When Kevin first revealed, nobody had anything more down than $250, right? After seeing this pin, why did anyone say, "Yeah, I have to have it!"
Everyone's chasing the next Tron LE, Big Bang Bar with these limited run games. Not gonna happen again guys. That ship has sailed.
Are we witnessing the first boutique collapse? Who knows. I do know this. If you invested this money in the stock market this year, let's just say in EA sports. You'd almost have doubled your money. Great pre-order guys.

Only thing worse about the situation is having you getting involved in this thread again. Half way joking here. Please don't try to make this thread all about you again or an eject will be implemented.

#4393 9 years ago

To all that used a Credit Card via Pay Pal it would be wise to file a claim with the credit card company and ask for a charge back. ***I recommend using 12/31/14 as the estimated delivery date when asked by credit card company. There is now sufficient evidence that even if it is disputed by Skit-B the Credit Card company will side with its client.

#4639 9 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Calling my credit card company tomorrow. Anyone know if paid by PayPal, which source is best to contact (PayPal, CC company or both)? I made my final payment in full back in June 2014. Not sure if I'm going to be shit out of luck, but definitely worth a try... Seems like there's enough proof where this went wrong with this 90 page thread.
I'm so frustrated for being had, I'm beside myself!

I'd call your credit card company first and quickly. They'll ask you the estimated delivery date on the machine I'd tell them 12/31/14. Most Credit Card companies will do a chargeback within 48 hours and investigate even if Skit-B tries to disput it there is enough info out there to prove he can't deliver the promised product. The Credit Card company will logically side with its customers.

#4992 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I spoke to my CC company today and they can't do anything after 6 months. Not sure if anyone got the same or different response but Kevin will have to move quickly or I will be looking into legal action and before someone steals from me, I will spend a shit load more to make sure they suffer, only way I could sleep at night.

Some CC companies will allow it if the delivery date is within a certain window. Did you explain the delivery date to them?

#5040 9 years ago

I started a thread regarding our experiences with Credit Card companies trying to get a chargeback/refund. Feel free to share your experience so we will know which cards will actually protect their customers when things go bad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/credit-card-companies-that-protect-their-customers

1 month later
#8359 8 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Hell, with the right lighting, music, and a nice bottle of wine, that may pass for a date for me, after 20 years of marriage!

fletch.jpg

1 month later
#9182 8 years ago

It is a real shame Kevin did not do the right thing and just refund everyone the most he could. After so many believed/funded his dream he turned around and spit in our face when it came to him making things right. Now the route he is going will likely have all the remaining money going to lawyers and bankruptcy proceedings.

If you maintain that you did not want to con pinheads out of money then stop what you are doing and refund the customers that you owe. Simple as that.

3 weeks later
#9358 8 years ago

Okay guys please keep this discussion on topic from this point on. A seperate thread can be started to debate copyright rules.

8 months later
#10397 8 years ago

Any further political or religious banter after this point will result in thread bans. Please let it go.

3 months later
#11376 7 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

This isn't about pinball at all. It's a drawn out legal discussion at best. Unfortunately some of the mod(S) actually put money behind this saga so they allow it to continue. Maybe this needs to go into a "recommendation of how to make Pinside better" section. I would recommend buying pins from an actual established company. What were you guys thinking?

Why we let it continue is to serve as a channel of communication between those scammed & to serve as a reminder of how badly things can go wrong. I am still embarrassed that I was duped and helped chronicle the doomed project. I'm sorry to all of you I made a mistake. I agree it's better to buy from an established company. However, it's tempting given the nature of the hobby many of us want the small guy to succeed & make cool pins. Companies like Spooky & Heighway may not be 'established' but I still want the pins they're making & want them to succeed. Perhaps it's foolish of me but it's how I feel about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Dude_Abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=The_Dude_Abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.