Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 9 years ago

Wasn't there a pod cast interview with Kevin talking about how he got the license from fox? Does anyone remember what Kevin said regarding how he got the license in the first place during a pinball convention? I thought this was stated a while back?

#102 9 years ago

Ok, so then Kevin called the phone number on the back of the Predator dvd box and got the license. As long as it was documented, everything should be cool.

3 weeks later
3 months later
#1154 9 years ago

So now the person from the phone number on the back of the Predator CD case, who granted Kevin the license permission to make 250 pinball machines is stalling the process?

#1271 9 years ago

Got the letter and have been following podcasts, posts, interviews and other speculation from others in the past regarding Skit-B.
'I will continue to do everything I can to make sure that faith was not misplaced.'

Hoping this will all get sorted out for me and others.This quote from one of my favorite writers sort of sums it up on what I think about how things are going with Predator:

'I guess we always find excuses to keep on with our bad habits, don't we?' -Stephen King

#1571 9 years ago

Hope Ted can hammer this one out. Thanks for your efforts.

#1809 9 years ago

If there was never a license, then why did the cabinet production guy post pics of the Predator cabinets and state he wouldn't do business w/out a Predator license contract that he already saw himself? Can't find the cabinet manufacters past posts, but I know its in this whirlwind Predator thread somewhere.

#1819 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Could you identify yourself for the masses kind sir...

Then this is not for real?

Quoted from NoahFentz:Paul Maletich
President - VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc.
http://virtuapin.net

So then this is BS?

#1820 9 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

...or this

#2063 9 years ago

Kev/Skit-B,
Just throw all the parts in one of these cabinets, Sharpie off a letter in Predator and ship it out. It'll be like a "kit game". pred.jpgpred.jpgI'll finish the rest. "Too Easy"

#2083 9 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

It's beginning to sound like a feature film could be made of this whole story. Maybe a solid Predator license (if that's the problem) could be traded for the movie rights.
Either way, I think we're all very curious who these "certain parties" Kevin refers to really are.

SPFXTED inc. should do a documentary, if this whole thing goes South in a "Big Way" or North. Pinside members could start a kickstart and finance it. I'd watch it and I'm sure it would bring more public attention to pinball and get all sides explored. (the whole script/progress development is right here on Pinside)

If we don't hear from Kevin or Skit-B w/in the time allocated I will help role the ball for this project.

Question: How much would it cost to finance a low budget documentary?

#2182 9 years ago

tumblr_mfcsfxdyPw1qij1mgo5_250.giftumblr_mfcsfxdyPw1qij1mgo5_250.gifSCREAM w/Ghost Face and Rose wouldn't be a bad Pin to put together.

Rose-McGowan-scream-26115960-500-213.gifRose-McGowan-scream-26115960-500-213.gif

#2424 9 years ago

Has anyone talked to Skit-B's affiliates regarding Predator?
On the website it states;
Virtuapin cabinets ( http://virtuapin.net/ )
Cointaker Lighting ( http://cointaker.com/ )
Back Alley Creation (http://www.backalleycreations.com/ )

Maybe they would have some insight?
...Almost forgot my female red head pic
10c1bc50cf84401d9b5b284d7961dbbe.jpg10c1bc50cf84401d9b5b284d7961dbbe.jpg

#2471 9 years ago

B8pSm7IIUAAnojn.jpgB8pSm7IIUAAnojn.jpg

#2498 9 years ago

Big fan of Crusher.

#2640 9 years ago

Who is this "family friend" and what does Martin at pinball news have anything to do w/this? Why is it every Kevin letter is more of a headache then a relief. There is NO WAY he constructed these letters by himself due to all the twisted grammatically correct sentence structures. He is getting some sort of coaching.

#2722 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I support Kevin as a friend, as an entrepreneur and as someone who wants to create something cool. I give that support because others have given it to me in the past and because you pay that shit forward.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Don't ever be angry at your friend, be angry at yourself for being with that friend.

#2731 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

There is a lot of contextual information here that can't really be conveyed very well in this fashion, so we've been in talks with Martin from PinballNews.com, along with the most notable of podcasts to make sure this story gets told in the most complete and understandable way possible.

What does Martin or the Podcast guy have to say about these "talks" and did it ever happen?

#2863 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did I miss this somehow? What are the anonymous emails?

Could someone please post these anonymous e-mails?

#2954 9 years ago

Could this be the DVD cover that Kevin read to secure the license? Does anyone have a copy of an old DVD of Predator with a phone number on it?predator_dvd_cover_by_wario64i-d8gn94l.pngpredator_dvd_cover_by_wario64i-d8gn94l.png

#2955 9 years ago

Or maybe this one?pred.pngpred.png

#2958 9 years ago

last one...Predator-1987-Front-Cover-58616.jpgPredator-1987-Front-Cover-58616.jpg

#3145 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Kidding aside, I feel bad for the guy. He clearly started this with good intentions, got in WAY over his head and just didn't know how to get out.

True, but "The road to hell is paved with good intensions"

#3974 9 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Skit b newsletter #01

Quoted from Toads:

with PayPal, not only do you get the inherent internet benefit of buying pinball in your underwear (raise your hand if you've bought pinball in your underwear before the internet...anyone?), but it comes with monumental security benefits that guarantee that, no matter what happens, your investment is never at any kind of risk. They're taking a big risk on us that they never had to take, and for that they deserve some sincere appreciation."

This is so COCKEYED. I hope Kevin is "sincere" and starts making some changes with actions and stop all the fluffery.

#4019 9 years ago

I was at CAX and could't believe there was no talk of Predator only EOD. Is the Mythbuster guys still on board and how much did they know before getting involved with Skit-B.?images.jpegimages.jpeg

#4031 9 years ago

I hope Adam can bust this one out and explain all the myths.260633-i.png260633-i.png

#4549 9 years ago

Damit! I can't read all this tonight or at work on Monday. From a few post already all I can say...

#6145 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have no idea how their system works. She was pretty quick with the info.

I told here there were 250 people originally in the on the project and now the project was dead and they would likely all be asking for refunds if they had not already.
She told me they are working with the seller and the account has all the funds to refund all buyers.

And what about the people that paid with a check? Any chance? My hopes are shot.
dutch-4.jpgdutch-4.jpg

5 months later
#9534 8 years ago

338-1203172213-police-233920-clockworkorange4super.jpg338-1203172213-police-233920-clockworkorange4super.jpg
Oh the irony...

5 months later
#10341 8 years ago

The Skit B treed58db175818e7d1054ef94db2910319d19ed3b1f_(resized).jpgd58db175818e7d1054ef94db2910319d19ed3b1f_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#10461 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't think we ever heard the scoop on what led to the parting of the ways.

I recall during some pinball interview, both Kevin and Aaron were playing Tetris one night and came to the agreement that they would both go separate ways because Kevin believed he was doing more work on the project then Aaron. Kevin would continue on with the Predator project.
Now, what was truly said during that Tetris game between the both would probably shed light on this whole fiasco.

2 months later
#11043 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What people want to know is: What did he spend the rest on?

This guy:

images_(13)_(resized).jpgimages_(13)_(resized).jpg

images_(13)_(resized).jpgimages_(13)_(resized).jpg

#11305 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How about his old partner Aaron? Does he have a job?

I think he works at an auto shop? What happened to the Duck Hunt Pin?

1 week later
#11503 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Joking about causing physical harm, leaving him and his kids homeless, sending him to PMITA prison, making "the pain last longer," etc., hasn't been, isn't and never will be funny, or even justified. Makes me feel dirty just reading that crap.
Purveyors of "parking lot justice" would deserve prison more than the person to whom the "justice" was applied. And they would be more likely to get it! Again, civilized society.
Even hoping he lies to the bankruptcy court and does time for perjury is misplaced.
He messed up, panicked like a cornered rat, lied, owes you money. Get your money back if you can, fine. That ought to be the extent of it.
Don't dishonor yourselves over his dishonorable deed.

Glad your back CenterFlank!

5 months later
#12604 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Not sure. He's on Kevin's FaceBook friend's list and claims he's a self-employed mechanic building 4x4 trucks. Kevin and Kathy Kulek both commented on a post at the top of his feed.
https://www.facebook.com/dave.truckle

Isn't that the guy that was walking with Kevin at the Auction a year ago?
d517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpgd517d532bf28f71cd47de25b98b05273fd0646e9 (resized).jpg227235_105805079507244_2228175_n (resized).jpg227235_105805079507244_2228175_n (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#13106 7 years ago

Just change the photo and dates.
IMG_0398 (resized).PNGIMG_0398 (resized).PNG

#13169 7 years ago

Does Kulek have the bank records from the money he gave the myth buster guys? Would be interesting to see how much those guys got.

1 week later
#13668 7 years ago

Once the Judge started to talk about his own dad and the work he did in the old factories, I realized this Judge did not come from a well off family and is a hard working individual. Good for the Judge to be where he is today and taking the time to clean up our country with a gavel.

3 months later
#15399 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

But these two complete morons have opened themselves up to criminal charges in the process. I would have to assume on both State and Federal levels.

I believe it all would be constituted as "hearsay" and wouldn't be able to be used? Correct me if I'm wrong?

#15405 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Legal answer: Admissions against interest in a collateral legal matter, where there is an "identity of interest" or other privity among the parties in the two actions, is generally admissible in a subsequent action as an exception to the hearsay rule. This is particularly true of an "in-court statement" or deposition testimony, where the party is represented.
Here, the doctrine of collateral estoppel may operate to prevent the debtors from taking a contrary position in a later legal proceeding. Of course, criminal actions require proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which is a higher standard of proof than that required in civil actions (preponderance of the evidence or clear & convincing evidence for civil fraud), as I previously posted.
In layperson's language, the Kulek feathers have been plucked and they are knee-deep in the floodplain.

Can a civil proceeding and a potential subsequent criminal proceeding be considered collateral legal matters? I agree that some of what has been said may be admissible under a hearsay exception, but not everything raised will be admissible under an exception such as a statement against interest.

#15412 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When the person admits to the behavior while under oath... thats a confession, not hearsay

The discussion is about whether testimony from the current bankruptcy proceeding can be brought in to a potential future criminal proceeding. What the Kuleks actually admit to in the criminal proceeding is an entirely different matter. The issue being discussed is the admissibility of the bankruptcy proceeding testimony in a potential criminal suit.

#15413 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The tax returns consist of statements made by the declarant, and therefore aren't hearsay. To the extent the tax returns contain statements by non-parties (hearsay within hearsay) you could potentially have a problem but it's highly unlikely this type of thing would rear its head in a case like this. In my experience, nobody objects to the entry of their own tax returns because it severely undercuts their credibility.

Hearsay is an out of court statement by a non-testifying witness being offered for the truth of the matter asserted. If the Kuleks decide not testify in the criminal trial than admission of the tax returns would be hearsay if offered for the truth of the matter being asserted. Unless tax returns can be considered to have independent legal significance or qualify as an exception as a business or public record, the documents are hearsay without the Kuleks testimony.

#15415 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I don't practice criminal law but my thinking is that it comes in because the statements are all party admissions, and therefore not hearsay. Isn't this why parties in civil cases often plead the "fiznif"?

I agree that some of the what has been said will be considered a direct admission as a hearsay exception based on fairness but I don't know that ALL of the testimony thus far in the bankruptcy case will be deemed admissible as a party admission.

#15459 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Keith is discussing admissions. If by "it's" you mean the Kulek tax returns, the tax returns are indeed hearsay to begin with.

I think by "it's" Jam_Burglar was referring to party admissions - not Kulek's tax returns.

1 month later
#15893 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Don't do this on a Friday. When I saw a new post I got all excited and thought I was going to get the next episode.

I believe today the mother should be submitting a document to the court?

1 week later
#16069 6 years ago

Had to make two pickups today before listening any further. Took the last six pack. IMG_1632 (resized).JPGIMG_1632 (resized).JPGIMG_1633 (resized).JPGIMG_1633 (resized).JPG

#16115 6 years ago

I say ... PINBALL REMATCH!
Sharpe vs. Kulek.
I'd totally would watch this.
I bet no one could make this happen.

#16294 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Here , I don't want to hijack the thread, but here is a prime example of how society no longer takes responsibility for their actions. I belong to a local Facebook group for my community. One of the members posted a picture(below) and captioned it with "What a jerk, I had to move my car up so I could load my stuff in the back!" She is the driver of the white Scion XB. She backed into the parking spot and left enough room so she could load. When she got back, she saw that the owner of the Expedition had parked 2 feet over the line and her efforts to make it easy to load and leave were now fruitless.
You would not believe the people who blamed her and called it her own fault because she backed into the spot. Really? About half said it was illegal to park that way, some said it was rude to park that way, some just said it's stupid to park that way and she caused her own problems. The other half said yeah, Expedition driver was careless and rude. I still shake my head in disbelief! What I don't understand is how people think they are smart to defend and point fingers the other way when something is so blatantly and factually wrong? I really believe it's the art of distraction and this what society has become. It's everyone else's fault, don't blame ME or facts for what I did!
Kathy Kulek believes she can take the heat off of herself by creating alternate facts about everyone else involved. See, they are the real bad people, not me, not my grandson. What we did is nothing compared to THESE people who a ruining our lives because they are trying to hold us responsible!

Please don't show that parking photo to Centerflank.

#16452 6 years ago

Someone please safe that clip for posterity.

8 months later
#17945 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Try the Don Julio Real. Also Clase Azul. And one that always comes up in the top three...Riazul ! (competes with $600 bottles) It cost $54!!

Ted,
It's 2018. Try to get your hands on some Sotol, while its still in the discovery phase.

Sotol (resized).jpgSotol (resized).jpg26155354_371342583331245_4667433396849344512_n (resized).jpg26155354_371342583331245_4667433396849344512_n (resized).jpg

2 months later
#17962 5 years ago

Any chance for Keith to get some sort of TWIPY Pinball award in 2018?

7 months later
#18206 5 years ago

are there any more recordings of the final decision with the case?

2 years later
#18444 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

This game always looked terrible. Sorry for those who lost their money.
I'm currently propping the new Predator movie shooting in Calgary.....maybe Stern will get on board one day for this title.

Jigs
What…new Predator movie? Is Arnold in it? PM me if you can.
B523D63C-D59E-4EDF-996B-26DE6434C7FE.gifB523D63C-D59E-4EDF-996B-26DE6434C7FE.gif

2 months later
#18462 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Does anyone know if I can contact kevin? I have a good reason. I know you guys wouldn't understand. But I just want to ask him a question.

I heard from a reliable source he plays pinball with Josh and Zach Sharpe and beats them. You should try to contact one of the Sharpe brothers if you want to get ahold of Kevin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PaulCoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=PaulCoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.