Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#882 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Another thing anyone in on this needs to really think about with the lack of communication.
Lets look at the bigger picture here.
Lets fast forward to when you do receive your game and the I/O board has an issue or there is damage upon delivery.
I guess you can just cross your fingers and hope you'll get support from them down the road as a buyer.
I've read enough so far or lack there of to make me a an avid pinball collector and BUYER to stay clear.
Sorry guys ya blew it.

It's p-roc. As long as they are around(pinballcontrollers), and PC's have USB ports, you should be able to keep the game up.

3 weeks later
#2171 9 years ago

Gotta give a nod to big red.
61498c0da98dd5bd8ed0c13aa10fb77d.jpg61498c0da98dd5bd8ed0c13aa10fb77d.jpg

#2341 9 years ago

huge-tracts-of-land-o.gifhuge-tracts-of-land-o.gif

#2520 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

"(They) did have the license, but it wasn't what they thought" means he's been bullshitting everyone for the past several months about the license being fine. It's not fine, it's fubar, and anything going forward is probably going to be different in significant ways than it was on the "final" game design, and I'd expect quite lengthy delays moving forward.
That's about the best you can spin it.

If all that's said is "(They) did have the license, but it wasn't what they thought" I think you summed it up.

#2534 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

I now 'hope' for my money back so that my wife doesn't take my balls as I sleep.

LOLZ!
0e1774207ecaca1a3abce15944412b5e8bdf91676388ddbca796557becb45848.jpg0e1774207ecaca1a3abce15944412b5e8bdf91676388ddbca796557becb45848.jpg

#2554 9 years ago

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on predator over jpop at this moment in time.

#2560 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Really? This was supposed to be a MAJOR announcement. Turns out the major announcement is games still aren't being built yet. Where's the jerkoff smiley?

ops!

#2564 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I might agree with you if Predator is gunna be re themed but as Predator (the game that was originally shown) I think JPOP will win the race, as he doesn't have to win a license battle with big name studio and actors (Arnold)
Good luck to all of us because if any of us get burned... In the end we all get burned.

It's a total train wreck. With (alarmingly) decent odds both projects crash and burn. I disagree that much will change if these projects die. I think everyone is employing more caution on pin projects because of the state things have already reached.. I don't see a positive or negative outcome from jpop or skitb changing that.

#2802 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please stay the FUCK out of it. You are not a pre-owner and you have absolutely no business trying to stick yourself into a matter at this level that does not pertain to you and has none of your skin in the game.

Chill dude. "I'd rather have someone with skin in the game" conveys the same thing without being deliberately offensive.

#2894 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If the first batch gets built, then I assume all 250 get built.

With the new plan he laid out I think this is a reasonable conclusion. There's demand for the game, if jjp or someone proven builds the games and he starts shipping, I can see a bunch of people getting back on board with the risk back to 'reasonable' levels.

#5266 9 years ago

I'm still blown away. It would make sense the license expired or some other legalese; getting approval and they were trying to get an extension or whatever ironed out.. but... never was a license.. unbelievable. I guess I had rose colored glasses on the whole thing, blinded by the sweet theme.

#5755 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

And the mods' silly zealotry over naughty words that are just synonyms for sex or feces is also like Demolition Man.

That was a well earned fine for violating the verbal morality statute.
RHlGWye.pngRHlGWye.png

#5959 9 years ago

jackie-chiles-meme-generator-it-s-outrageous-egregious-preposterous-00974b.jpgjackie-chiles-meme-generator-it-s-outrageous-egregious-preposterous-00974b.jpg

#5972 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I always pay 100% of my credit card bill before the end of the month. They give me cash back for using the credit card, and protection when buying stuff. A lot of credit cards don't have annual fees either. I use my credit card for everything.

And if a hobo begs for money, you can honestly say "Sorry, I don't carry cash."

#5979 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

How long before hobos get Square card readers?

3u3o24.jpg3u3o24.jpg

#6296 9 years ago

Hunchback goes down swinging.
wings2_18d.jpgwings2_18d.jpg

#6299 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Although, I agree it is best to not resort to name calling before you have proof.

Agreed.
I don't have concrete proof as in physical documentation, but i've seen and heard enough to nod my head in agreement after reading his "name calling" claim.

#6335 9 years ago

pinball grab ass

#6437 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

The "Wuss"-ification of society is truly depressing that people should be made to feel like neanderthals for wanting to personally engage someone who knowingly mislead, ignored and stole their money.
One short generation ago- this behavior would have been met with a strong words (not emailed) and a punch in the nose.

My grandpa ran a small grocery store. When someone bounced a check at the store he'd go to their house and take something till they made it right. My dad still has a ladder from someone that wrote a back check at the store. Different times.

#6463 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Anyone posting on a public message board an insinuation of bodily harm or theft of Kevin's own items - and if something does actually happen - you will be in a heap of trouble even if you had nothing to do with it. Prosecutors will have written evidence that you publicly supported physical harm to Kevin or theft of goods, and could be an accomplice to a crime. This isn't wuss-ification this is fact and just plain stupid.

If my commentary and anecdote on the world today gets me into legal trouble, we are totally f%^ked. The only theft that's going on is skitb if funds aren't returned.

1 week later
#6907 9 years ago

well this thread just got the last bright bit kicked in the schwanz

2 weeks later
#8055 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It would be a tough game to play with all that blood on your hands

If it helped make the buyers whole it wouldn't be hard to wipe off.

11 months later
#10455 8 years ago

I thought that Aaron guy bailed on the project?? Looks like he's a defendant in the few I opened.

1 month later
3 weeks later
#11121 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The theme is forever tainted. I personally think its wrong to even own one of the prototypes, given how many people were hurt over it.

I never got to play one. It was down the one time I saw it. If CFH is right about the game actually being fun I could see the taint on it fading over time. I think it would be cool if the VFW had one in the lineup. There would at least be one well maintained predator available to the public. Much better scenario than nothing IMO.

#11220 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

On the subject of the game itself, I totally get that it should not be in anyones personal collection, but does everyone really want it destroyed?
I know feelings are hot right now but as an outsider to this chain of events, I think this machine has actually become an interesting part of pinball history. As one who feels history consists of the good bad and ugly (lest we not learn from past mistakes), it would be sad to see it destroyed. Personally I think it should be in a musem along with the full story. Would that be objectionable?

I'd like to play it someday. It seemed like it might have actually been fun to play.. everyone who lost obviously felt/thought something similar at some point.

#11229 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

It seems to me the games should have been sold at a public auction (including internet bidding) with the proceeds being divided up proportionally to everyone who is still owed money. The games would have likely sold for quite a bit of money, and at least to me the games would no longer be tainted because everything would have been on the up-and-up with the money going toward restitution for the victims rather than going to pay Kevin's legal fees and what-not.

At this point I just want a working predator to end up someplace where I could play it.. Added bonus would be a place where it's well maintained.
Kevin can reap what he sewed, I just hope a game survives.

#11242 7 years ago

A publicly available game is the optimal outcome IMO. I suspect it's never coming back out of the shadows unless Clay or someone else builds one or a museum snags one.

#11244 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

toss it off a roof & set it on fire.

4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553b2846c980ce05f55eb4762eb_(resized).jpg4675064e74be608035200a63349b1fa6f78b7553b2846c980ce05f55eb4762eb_(resized).jpg

#11294 7 years ago

I can agree with wysnow that Clay is one of the best people to end up with a predator.

#11401 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Serious question--why do you think that he *doesn't* have one?

For me it's simply because I'm taking the word of Clay over whysnow.

1 month later
#11683 7 years ago

Sucks to be his kids, and if kevin did start out with good intentions that Aaron guy... maybe that's a big If. From what I can remember Aaron bailed around the time he started asking for cash.

#11732 7 years ago

Kevin had a game people could play. Seeing is believing. good bad or otherwise there was more game to see than anything jpop ever put together. I think his campaign of going to pinball shows is what sold it.

#11736 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it played like shit and was broken most of the time...so I guess that tricked people

That's 100% more play than people got from jpop showing off yeti's zombie adventure art. Arnold's rippling muscles were a bit of a hard sell on the playfield... Realistically nostalgia for predator did most of the heavy lifting.

#11744 7 years ago

I thought the rules sounded cool.

4 months later
#12168 7 years ago

The Pinconning predator

2 months later
#14592 7 years ago

How did it shoot?

2 weeks later
#14828 7 years ago

I'm not even sure if that's Alanis Morrisette ironic.

2 months later
#15801 6 years ago

I thought I saw canon gear in a list somewhere. Nikon in the cl ad.

3 months later
#17344 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How about some truthful answers from the active MI crew... "Have you seen or played any Predator pinball games or parts in Clay's possession?" Where else have you seen them?
Any of you active shit givers care to answer that truthfully?

My 2 cents: You're getting off course here dude. The hounding of Clay is a ridiculous side show full of nothing but hearsay and conjecture. Sleuth on Kevin, not some dude who's a legit asset to the hobby.

#17448 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Christ, this dumpster is like one of those gag birthday candles that just keeps relighting itself.

That's just the liquor calling the shots.

#17467 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha...predator playfields 15k by October!

Seriously, Did I miss anything in Clay's summary of parts? Rumor is only two ramps were made, which would make the playfield the only real unique part of the game. A ridiculous amount of labor, research and tinkering to pull off a predator build, decent $$ in parts, and on top of that you must pay 15k.
I seriously doubt anyone has built a game since the rails came off.

1 year later
#18150 5 years ago

I'd take a swing by that arcade for a spin on it if I was in the area. Better than it sitting in some Michigan basement.

#18156 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For those unaffected, sure. For those who got screwed in all this, that machine in an arcade may feel like a dick punch.

Well, I was affected.. And I'd rather have the chance to play it if I choose than it sit in some unknown private collection.

#18210 5 years ago

I wired a whitewater.. Doing it without the manual or colored wire sounds like 10x the work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kneissl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=Kneissl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.