Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dalbok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Same. lol.. just like magic! Got the full refund too. I hope one day to find a Pred in the wild

For what it's worth, I was paid in full at the end of last year (initial $250, plus remaining $4500 in one lump sum, all through PayPal). I decided to back out (for personal reasons) back in late Spring. I got an email back (from Kevin) the next day stating that I'd see a refund in a matter of days. There were some additional communications over the course of the next month and a half. Everything remained cordial and I ended up getting my refund (through PayPal), but 42 days later.

I mention all of this, because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

Just thought I'd pass along that info to possibly relieve some angst from other seeking to get their refund. It may be taking a little extra time to process the refunds due to the "special" process they have to follow, but the good news is you should get back the full amount regardless of the PayPal 60 day return policy.

I guess that's just an extra step he's taken to look out for his customers (even the ones that back out).

4 months later
#5295 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good question. Normally yes, you can't do a refund after I think 60 days. But I have no experience with defrauding people, so I can't say if there's flexibility there.
PayPal fees are going to be 3%, so I guess worst case you gotta take that 3% hit too.
I don't want anyone to lose a dime. But if you have to pay a 10% "pre-order lesson fee" and get the rest of your money back that seems like as good a happy ending as we'll see.

Take it for what it's worth, but I paid the original $250 (via PayPal) on 12/7/2012. I paid the remaining $4500 (via PayPal) on 12/27/2013.

On May 19th, 2014 I requested a refund from Kevin via email. It took until 7/2/2014 to get my refunds (over 180 days for both transactions). He told me at the time that it was taking longer to process because of the prepay arrangement that he had with PayPal and that he had to prove cause to refund. But that the benefit was that I would get back the full amount and not lose the 3% PayPal fee.

I was fully expecting to have to eat the 3% PayPal fee so I was pleasantly surprised that on 7/2/2014 I had two return Transactions from PayPal (1 for $250 and the other for $4500).

Below is specifically what he wrote describing the PayPal arrangement:

"Since we are operating somewhat outside of PayPal's policies about deposits and pre-ordering, we have some special rules that we follow for them to allow us to use their services. From working so closely with them, we actually do get a few benefits, as well, such as the ability to use the refund feature far further back than 60 days, which is really nice in this case since you will receive the fees back on the hefty $4750 that you've sent in. The unfortunate rule we have to follow is that we need to show cause to get any money released to us, then it has to go through their system to actually GET released, which takes a few days, sometimes a little more."

As I said, take it for what it's worth, but trying to add a spec of hope if there is any truth to him submitting full refunds to everyone. Perhaps they won't have to eat the PayPal fees.

I feel bad for everyone caught up in this fiasco.

#6160 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's not that nobody believes you. I think it's more a question of whether she understood your question. Perhaps she was only suggesting there is enough to cover all of YOUR transactions. Because, do you think she could really calculate how much was ever deposited (especially considering there have been numerous refunds already and new people in line making deposits).

I would actually imagine that the calculation was extremely simple. I imagine there would be an Account Summary screen that shows the amount of Credits to the Seller and an Amount that remains in the Account. Her only calculation would be to see if those two numbers are equal.

I agree that it's surprising for them to divulge information on another account but giving the circumstances and the activity that has likely occurred on the account perhaps it provides some leeway.

Regardless though, I hope for sake of those that preordered that she knows what she is taking about.

1 week later
#6938 9 years ago

Ruh Roh Shaggy!

#7107 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The theory is more people would have been able to collect charge backs from their credit card companies or possibly even hit Pay Pal's 180 day window to get their money back.

There is another view to be taken on the timing of their announcement though. Based on everything that's been said to date this machine was never going to make it to production. If that is a true statement and the AG never said anything at all then the folks that were able to successfully able to issue chargebacks may have run out of time as well, so they may have in fact saved that group of people. No matter when the facts were discovered/announced there would still be a pool of people that would be past their 180 day limits. I'm happy for those that have been able to recoup their money and I hope something gets worked out for everyone else that's caught up in this.

3 weeks later
#8366 8 years ago

See this post (from 2011) by JPOP looking for help with coding on P-ROC and the answer by Kevin (Post by Seven11) to assist him. Coincidence?

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=trdr8a9kk0mu9dsbv41t8pst25&topic=330.msg2645#msg2645

You can confirm it's Kevin based on his stated Yahoo Messenger Handle.

1 month later
#9066 8 years ago

Oh Snap!

1 year later
#11552 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

мы не говорят по-английски здесь

или России

9 months later
#15764 6 years ago

Dunning-Kruger Effect (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect)

I just heard/about this term this week. As soon as I read it, it made me think about the Kulek's and this situation.

2 months later
#17017 6 years ago

Does it matter if the RV was trashed? If it was paid for illicitly (or transferred illicitly) then wouldn't they be on the hook for whatever the value/cost was?

Quoted from frolic:

The RV is trashed, I'm going to guess with evidence that it is now "gone", there is nothing left to claw back, so then all we're talking about with Kathy is $1000 which I'm guessing he'd let slide pretty easily.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dalbok.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=Dalbok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.