Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #12066 What is PACER and where are you getting the court documents? Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12502 Links to where Kevin gives "his side of the story". Posted by BillySastard (7 years ago)

Post #12515 Updated court filings. Potential cash coming into bankruptcy estate. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12528 Good summation of 2 year look back and possible fraudulent transfers. Posted by flynnibus (7 years ago)

Post #12580 More legal pleadings. Posted by Wolfmarsh (7 years ago)

Post #12593 Facts & allegations document for VirtuaPin Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #12801 Photos of Experts of Dangerous Posted by fastpinball (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2805 9 years ago

I am always amazed how people will fork over thousands of dollars for a pre-order from a company with 0 manufacturing experience. It's one thing to build a prototype, but try manufacturing 100's and this is what you get.

Running a business is difficult - running a manufacturing business is 10x more difficult.

#2807 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Where were you 2-3 years ago? You could of saved 250 people from preordering with your incredible knowledge.

Funny thing is, I was following the discussion back then and even myself considered ordering one, but never did. Pinball machines are huge complex expensive machines with lots of parts, I can't imagine putting a company together from scratch to build and sell these and then try and offer support once they are shipped.

#2809 9 years ago

I do hope they are able to get them produced and out to paid customers. It does look like a very cool machine. Good luck to all involved!

#3561 9 years ago

I fail to see how a pinball mfg can achieve nonprofit status for tax purposes

#3977 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Even without this, that doesn't change the simple fact that Kevin Kulek was knowingly and repeatedly lying to people to con them out of their money.

I don't think that was his intent. I think it's more a story of someone in over their head.

#4094 9 years ago

Just curious, when you guys preorder this game, do you get a receipt or some sort of contract saying what you are paying for?

#4701 9 years ago

From the get-go I always wondered how a small start up could acquire and afford a major IP license like Predator - but in the end I never really questioned it publicly or gave it much thought after I saw prototypes. I just figured they would not have gone that far if they did not have one.

To my fault, I am a honest guy and I always assume others are also.

I feel really bad for all involved.

#4736 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes it would have been ok, because people got the game they wanted and paid for. Other than that, I think most wouldn't give a shit.
No morals? this is the self righteous shit I was talking about. So you don't have a Tron arcade mod, or any aftermarket toppers on your machines? None of those little lamp shades with the name of the game lasercut into it? You don't buy into unlicensed stuff ever? I call bullshit.

That's another thing I always wondered about. The companies making toppers that included licensed images - like Iron Man, etc - I see no way they have the IP rights to make those.

#4762 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

probably not, but if you want to keep seeing cool shit for your game, you really can't give a shit about it. Otherwise you are going to be very limited on bonus goodies, and the ones you do see, with be high priced because you have more hands in the pile trying to get a cut. And some are very unreasonable to deal with.

That's not true, there are lots of mods sold out there that don't infringe on IP

#4764 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Who wants to lay odds on Stern picking up the actual Predator license now that this whole kerfuffle proved interest in the game? heh!

It probably cost a shit load of cash, to not only get the license, but secure actors' rights to use their voices. Probably one of the reasons there is no cast call outs in TWD

But it would be awesome, I would be a buyer

#5501 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Laughing my butt off about this one. If they had kept their mouths shut this wouldn't be a fiasco. Fox had no clue this was a thing.

I still highly doubt he had the capacity to manufacture them

#5568 9 years ago

I find the arguments blaming anyone but Kevin amusing

#6034 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is this thread ever going to close?

I hope not

#6058 9 years ago

With all the legal threats going on right now, if I was Kevin I would of contacted a lawyer who would of instructed him to cease all communication and hold still.

#6317 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

From his text he said that the paypal account has been locked since June of 2013 because paypal does not allow preorders. He also said there is a person that works for paypal that he was strictly doing business with and would only release funds to him for parts and whatnot as long as he provided very detailed paperwork to prove where the funds were going.

BullShit on that!

#6497 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I believe in Kevin's eyes, not disputing the charge back is equivalent to refunding people.

As a business owner, I can tell you parting the red sea is easier then successfully winning a chargeback dispute.

1 week later
#6843 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Paypal DO have a part to play in this. They have the power to freeze the account and give people money back.

If he already transferred the money to his bank account, PayPal can't do anything

1 week later
#7638 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

As far as a comment on license being 50K, as it has been discussed before, it would likely not cost that much.

Source?
I find this statement difficult to believe

#7783 9 years ago

Most likely he claimed nonprofit status because fox was allowing the ip to be used in a non-profit situation at a lower cost or no cost - just my guess
But there is no way, or at least it's extremely difficult for a manufacturing company to be non-profit. Bells went off for me as soon as I heard that.

#7804 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

article-1177646-04D1D625000005DC-112_233x495.jpg

They are not a non-profit - they have a foundation that is.

Newman's Own is a food company founded by actor Paul Newman and author A.E. Hotchner in 1982. The company gives 100% of the after-tax profits from the sale of its products to Newman's Own Foundation (a private non-profit foundation) which, in turn, gives the money to various educational and charitable organizations.

#7832 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

This is excellent!!!!
His 3 little girls will grow up without a father!!!!!!!!!!!11

In what world would that be excellent

#7997 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can anyone answer his question:
After the credit card company gives you a chargeback, do they then in turn go after Kevin?

They automatically deduct it from his account.

#8040 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My guess is that thing would fetch 30k in an auction just here on Pinside. Can't be sold though . . .

you are not serious, are you?

2 months later
#9379 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

For those of us who aren't lawyers, what does that typically mean? Did he just run out of money to stop paying him?

99% sure it means, he didn't/couldn't pay his lawyer.
They tend not to like to work for free.

1 month later
#9489 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Anyone know what the credit card companies are doing to recover their losses? I can't imagine they are happy to simply write off the money they've refunded to buyers?

Credit card companies don't issue refunds from their cash, they get it from back merchants.
So they get it back from Kevin, usually deduct it from daily settlement, not sure what they do in this instant where he does not have charges coming in daily. Law suit?

#9490 8 years ago

dupe

1 year later
#14223 7 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

How do you garnish someone's wages that does not have a job?

You can't but the garnish follows them to whenever they acquire a job anytime in the future

2 months later
#15248 6 years ago

If it's true - I don't get people calling her business to harass her

I also don't understand why people of limited financial means have 5 kids...

#15250 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

I'll go with lack of skill .....

1 week later
#15612 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

People call me heartless when I say that poor people suck at managing money. It's just the cold hard truth.

There are lots of people that no matter how much money they make, they always have none.
Give them $1,000 a week salary and they will spend $1,000 a week

1 month later
#16280 6 years ago

I listened to Kathy's audio - I'm no lawyer but it seems like the judge should not have let her ramble on and on over stuff that is not relevant at all. I just don't understand why he didn't stop her.

#16285 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Some people seem prone to rambling rather than staying on point and constructing logical and reasoned statements. I don't know if it's a defense mechanism because it doesn't feel like an intentional effort to obfuscate the truth. Rather, it seems like a personality trait (MBTI type) that uses emotional arguments over reasoned ones. That's fine, but it doesn't lend itself well to these situations.
It's certainly not a trait I see often in the technical, management, and engineering folks I call colleagues.

I understand what she is doing, I just don't understand why the judge allowed it.

8 months later
#17915 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hopefully nobody would be stupid enough to threaten him or do anything against him while the court case is going on.

... or at anytime

3 years later
#18440 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BMore-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=BMore-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.