Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 370.
#4501 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

cmonman.PNG
#4502 6 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

So, whats his phone number, Ted? I'm sure public posting of it will be fine.

https://who.godaddy.com/

You take it from there, it's a website directory, which is all public information.

#4503 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

Nobody is going to "pick up this project" in terms of making a Predator pinball machine that will be credited to those who paid Skit-B.

Someone, probably Heighway, may very well get the Predator license down the road and build the pin. It will have nothing to do with Kevin or Skit-B or the people who have money in that (dead) project.

#4504 6 years ago

Someone in the PayPal disputes department is going to have an interesting Monday ...

#4505 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Someone in the PayPal disputes department is going to have an interesting Monday ...

If you get their direct number, please PM me so I can try a hail mary to get my money back for my little girl

#4506 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be shocked Monday morning when he gets in the office to see all this waiting for him...

hiding.jpeg
#4507 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If you get their direct number, please PM me so I can try a hail mary to get my money back for my little girl

File a claim right now. Even though it's over 180 days, you can still file a claim. Whether they do anything about it is a different story... But it's going to be hard for them to ignore $1,000,000 fraud.

#4508 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I will.
...it just took me a while to read through things here, and part of the Pinball News article. Incredible and sad.
...as to what Kevin told me to "keep under wraps" for a while, while he was negotiating, was that Roger Sharpe was working on the license and JJP would probably be making the machine.

I feel bad for you if you too were fed a bunch of lies, and your name gets associated in a negative way with SkitB.

To the extent that Whysnow knew about the licensing problems, and took issue with people exposing SkitB's deception, that seems greasy. Like he wanted people to just shut up and let SkitB get the first 10 unlicensed games out (likely one of which to him).

#4509 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I hope you are right, but I think there was a lot of money spent. No f'n way that stay at home mom financed that house or used her own cash. Well I guess there are a couple ways, but I know the most likely way. Wonder if they bought a new car recently? How the hell have they been supporting themselves the last couple years? It ain't cheap supporting a family of 5.

Well, curiosity got the best of me and i looked up their house....

It sold for $28,000 in November... $28K.... whats the mortgage on that, like $100/month?

So, point is, I don't think they are "living large", unless that *IS* living large in Midland Michigan . I think the deck on our house cost more than that so I'm having trouble relating.

#4510 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I played the most recent prototyped at Expo 2014. I didn't hate it, or think it was ugly.
I also didn't like the game or the art much. The translite was bad. Deserved so much more.
I hope everyone gets their money back, and maybe gets to spend it on a Heighway Predator some day that will be more bad ass. Think how much cooler it could look.
predator2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)predator_fan_art_by_admirawijaya-d5kwcd0.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Or what it could look like next to a matching cabinet Alien ...
alien_vs_predator_art_wallpaper-800x600.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I was always somewhat partial to the art from Big Game.

image.jpg
#4511 6 years ago

Kevns a piece of shite but folks that killed this at the expense of owners and keeping quiet to help ruin kelvin over telling and helping pinsiders are a close second .
Maybe not today but I bet a some point that falls alert and we learn who mr x is.

#4512 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I feel bad for you if you too were fed a bunch of lies

The over-under on Kevin being a certifiable sociopath, is pretty high. I don't see how anyone can hold others accountable when dealing with such a person... I'm omitting certain instances, but honestly, it still doesn't matter. Kevin Kulek owns all of this shit, and if there is a God he will get everything and more that he has coming to him.

#4513 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nobody is going to "pick up this project" in terms of making a Predator pinball machine that will be credited to those who paid Skit-B.
Someone, probably Heighway, may very well get the Predator license down the road and build the pin. It will have nothing to do with Kevin or Skit-B or the people who have money in that (dead) project.

Predator_r who is ready to preorder?? As for me, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!

#4514 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It sold for $28,000 in November... $28K.... whats the mortgage on that, like $100/month?
So, point is, I don't think they are "living large", unless that *IS* living large in Midland Michigan . I think the deck on our house cost more than that so I'm having trouble relating.

Sold for. Well what's the price of the new one?

#4515 6 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be shocked Monday morning when he gets in the office to see all this waiting for him...

If Kevin has any f'n brains, he's checking this list against Tripadvisor right now

http://www.wsfa.com/story/22665099/countries-with-no-extradition-treaty-with-us

#4516 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

How many married couples do you know that only put one person on a title?

#4517 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I will.
...it just took me a while to read through things here, and part of the Pinball News article. Incredible and sad.
...as to what Kevin told me to "keep under wraps" for a while, while he was negotiating, was that Roger Sharpe was working on the license and JJP would probably be making the machine.

Thanks for sharing. I assumed he told you a dramatically different tale than whats come out here.

I just don't get what he thought a couple weeks would gain him.... unless it was just at a point where he was dreading the truth coming out and was trying anything to put it off- even for a few more days.

#4518 6 years ago

On second thought, I don't give a shit

#4519 6 years ago

Calling my credit card company tomorrow. Anyone know if paid by PayPal, which source is best to contact (PayPal, CC company or both)? I made my final payment in full back in June 2014. Not sure if I'm going to be shit out of luck, but definitely worth a try... Seems like there's enough proof where this went wrong with this 90 page thread.

I'm so frustrated for being had, I'm beside myself!

#4520 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

To the extent that Whysnow knew about the licensing problems, and took issue with people exposing SkitB's deception, that seems greasy. Like he wanted people to just shut up and let SkitB get the first 10 unlicensed games out (likely one of which to him).

Hold on, didn't Whysnow himself say he'd been receiving these emails, the same info that we saw tonight?! And even with that, he still sat here for weeks arguing with everyone? Desperately hoping those first 10 games would get made so he would get his? Disgusting.

#4521 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Wow are houses really that cheap in Michigan? I should move there.

#4522 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Sold for. Well what's the price of the new one?

I think that's the key piece.....the old one sold for that amount. I'm curious myself what the cost of the new one is.

#4523 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Doubtful... Its probably just his head in sand approach. The guy has proven time and time again he puts emotions and his perceived reality above any actual facts. He'll go down shooting all the way to crashing into the ground. Name your topic.. MMR, JPOP, Skit-B, DP, IPFA, Stern games, etc.

The only thing left that might be surprising is if he ever does change.

#4524 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

http://www.businessinsider.com/houses-for-1-dollar-2010-12?op=1

#4525 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thanks for sharing. I assumed he told you a dramatically different tale than whats come out here.
I just don't get what he thought a couple weeks would gain him.... unless it was just at a point where he was dreading the truth coming out and was trying anything to put it off- even for a few more days.

That may be the case. He said he didn't want to say anything until everything was negotiated.

#4526 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hold on, didn't Whysnow himself say he'd been receiving these emails, the same info that we saw tonight?! And even with that, he still sat here for weeks arguing with everyone? Desperately hoping those first 10 games would get made so he would get his? Disgusting.

He, as well as a few others are probably busy deleting old posts and crossing their fingers for shi**y backups.

#4527 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

And find Kevin...

#4528 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

only those planning for financial raids.. like bankruptcy

#4529 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

All the ones who are expecting big trouble on the horizon that they want to insulate themselves from.

Frankly I was hoping the lived in a $50K house so there MIGHT be some assets to recoup from.... but shit, $28K? Even if they liquidated the house that pay back, what, like 5 people

I think its safe to say (looking at where they live) that prepay money was probably 20 times more money then they'd ever seen in their lives. That's a scary combination.

#4530 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think that's the key piece.....the old one sold for that amount. I'm curious myself what the cost of the new one is.

Well I realized after a minute that the price he's talking about, is what it was sold for to them.

#4531 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That may be the case. He said he didn't want to say anything until everything was negotiated.

But, he's telling you JJP and the article mentions Heighway...

#4532 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

only those planning for financial raids.. like bankruptcy

"Strategic Default"

#4533 6 years ago

Look up how many lottery winners are bankrupt

#4534 6 years ago

Yeah...but then you'd have to live there.

Houses are cheap in Beirut too....

Sigh. Obviously lots on Monday morning quarterback here, but damn, pinside sent a million $$$ to a guy that was living in a shanty town.... Those 10 cabinets and PF's he had were worth more than his whole house!

#4535 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Well I realized after a minute that the price he's talking about, is what it was sold for to them.

Okay...I misunderstood. Make sense now

#4536 6 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I am on vacation and just got back from a great day of pinballing with my brother so sorry I have not been here to get beat around earlier.

I think it is important to note that I have known nothing more than any of you concerning the license or any behind the scenes status of what was going on. i take issue with you saying I did and frankly you and the other assholes that decided you are so spiteful you felt it necessary to PM me to rub salt in my wounds can eat shit.

To the people that have been kind enough to reach out and empathize, thank you and it is appreciated. You are genuine people that realize that of anyone this is even harder on someone like me that has been so very vested in this project.

I have been a vocal fan of this project for a long time. I believed what was told to me to a fault and been vocal in my support. If this personally hurt you in some way then I am sorry for this. I have a huge passion for pinball, for new pinball, and for the little guy trying to do something that many of us have dreamed about or do dream about all the time. If you hate me for my vocal passion, I am totally cool with that. I prefer to believe and be passionate to a fault, it is just how I go about life. i am an opinionated prick, but I know my heart is always in the right place.

I think there is still more to come to this story and I hope for the best concerning all of our preorder money to be returned.

If mods deem this post to be a personal attack then please be sure you hand out the expulsions fairly across the board for those that have been sending both public and pms of spiteful attack.

#4537 6 years ago

Having followed this project for 2 over years, it is a very sad ending. Kevin didn't even try to finesse the license question from the very beginning. I remember reading this at the time and was impressed they had secured such well known franchise for a small run games. Just a straight out lie. It's terrible the situation he has now created for his family as well. Sorry for everyone who has losses in this.

SkitB Predator License Comment.jpg

#4538 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Doubtful... Its probably just his head in sand approach. The guy has proven time and time again he puts emotions and his perceived reality above any actual facts. He'll go down shooting all the way to crashing into the ground. Name your topic.. MMR, JPOP, Skit-B, DP, IPFA, Stern games, etc.
The only thing left that might be surprising is if he ever does change.

Arnold had this to say about Mr. X ...

why?snow.jpg

#4539 6 years ago

Zillow says it is worth well more than $28K. I know Zillow is not the be-all end-all of real estate pricing, but better than nothing......

#4540 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yeah...but then you'd have to live there.
Houses are cheap in Beirut too....

Get your point...but Detroit might have been the better comparison city.

http://english.al-akhbar.com/node/18630

(who knew...?)

#4541 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Kevns a piece of shite but folks that killed this at the expense of owners and keeping quiet to help ruin kelvin over telling and helping pinsiders are a close second .
Maybe not today but I bet a some point that falls alert and we learn who mr x is.

This is wrong on many levels. Read the article again. There are very specific reasons given for the delay in releasing the information and article by PBN.

Plus, this:

Quoted from frolic:

So are you going to blame the biggest Skit-B/Predator suporter for withholding those emails from other owners?

I understand the frustration of owners in terms of the info not being released sooner so that people still could have been in their window to file a timely dispute with their credit card company and/or PayPal, but you are acting as though this were a deliberate attempt on their part to screw owners, which is a bit ridiculous.

#4542 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am on vacation and just got back from a great day of pinballing with my brother so sorry I have not been here to get beat around earlier.
I think it is important to note that I have known nothing more than any of you concerning the license or any behind the scenes status of what was going on. i take issue with you saying I did and frankly you and the other assholes that decided you are so spiteful you felt it necessary to PM me to rub salt in my wounds can eat shit.
To the people that have been kind enough to reach out and empathize, thank you and it is appreciated. You are genuine people that realize that of anyone this is even harder on someone like me that has been so very vested in this project.
I have been a vocal fan of this project for a long time. I believed what was told to me to a fault and been vocal in my support. If this personally hurt you in some way then I am sorry for this. I have a huge passion for pinball, for new pinball, and for the little guy trying to do something that many of us have dreamed about or do dream about all the time. If you hate me for my vocal passion, I am totally cool with that. I prefer to believe and be passionate to a fault, it is just how I go about life. i am an opinionated prick, but I know my heart is always in the right place.
I think there is still more to come to this story and I hope for the best concerning all of our preorder money to be returned.
If mods deem this post to be a personal attack then please be sure you hand out the expulsions fairly across the board for those that have been sending both public and pms of spiteful attack.

Agree or disagree.....I hope you (and the rest of you) get your money back.

#4543 6 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Having followed this project for 2 over years, it is a very sad ending. Kevin didn't even try to finesse the license question from the very beginning. I remember reading this at the time and was impressed they had secured such well known franchise for a small run games. Just a straight out lie. It's terrible the situation he has now created for his family as well. Sorry for everyone who is has losses in this.

SkitB Predator License Comment.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I remember reading this post like it was yesterday. I must've watched that mentioned 20 minute video a dozen times. If only I could've spit the hook.

#4544 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Zillow says it is worth well more than $28K. I know Zillow is not the be-all end-all of real estate pricing, but better than nothing......

exhibit a.jpg

#4545 6 years ago

This is very similar to an issue that happened with an arcade company called Ram controls. The guy promised people he would build brand new Star Trek vector cockpit arcade games for 3K or so, and it all seemed legit at first. The guy actually produced some of the parts, for instance the steering control, PERFECTLY and was selling them on his website. Tons of people bought them. He reproduced other controllers and at first, everything seemed fine.

Then he started doing strange things, like saying if you sent him 500 bucks right now, he'd give you 1000 credit on his website to buy things.

Eventually he just disappeared with countless dollars he'd swindled out of people. It was the same kind of scenario where it seemed like he had all the best intentions at first, and then went into straight up scammer territory and was obviously stealing and lying to people. A few people got phone calls from him telling them that he had their Star Wars game finished, he just needed the $600 to ship it, or whatever, or for them to pay the other half of their preorder, etc. After they paid of course they never received anything.

Of course there was never a fully built game, you'd have to reproduce artwork, the wiring harness, build unique 1 off cabinets that were only for that 1 game, make the plastic seat, make all the brackets, the controller, recreate the game boards, create a new vector monitor. The whole thing in hindsight was ridiculous but yet tons of people sent him their money.

Kevin had a working prototype you could play, so it's easier to see why people would believe he could pull it off. Lots of the parts were off the shelf, and the other stuff he actually did make for the prototype.

In both scenarios, I think you likely have one of two things going on, unfortunately. A drug addiction, or a gambling addiction. Both can facilitate a small fortune disappearing with nothing to show for it. Even if Kevin built 10 games, spent money on EOD, flew all over the country, there's a huge, HUGE chunk of this money that is either still sitting in an account somewhere, or was blown on drugs or gambling.

I hope to god it's sitting in an account somewhere!

#4546 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did not believe these emails from labnip or whomever it was. the emails contained all sorts of things that were proven false, incorrect, and also contained all sorts of personal attacks. Only portions of these emails appear to be factual.

I am not sure about you, but I tend to write off anything that is sent to me via an alias as BS. keep in mind that mr X told me I was the only person he sent the original email to, but it was apparent quickly that he had sent the emails to many people. the emails were filled with lies and intended to insite a panic. In mr X was more forthcoming and also not directly attacking then maybe I would have believed.what he said. I fwded these emails onto a handful of pinsiders and mods as many of them were named in the emails. Mr X has only told a small portion of the entire back story in his wordpress sight.

If you are stupid enough to think I have selfish motives of just getting my game built and then walking you obviously have no idea what you are talking about or my concern for the greater community.

#4547 6 years ago

Go figure.

#4548 6 years ago

I never said whysnow is any less guilty if he knows this. In the end 200 people will be screwed by a Kevin and a bunch of self serving folks . Fact

#4549 6 years ago

Damit! I can't read all this tonight or at work on Monday. From a few post already all I can say...

#4550 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

exhibit a.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Taxable value isn't the same as real value, at least not where I live.

There are 18,469 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 370.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside