Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 370.
#4451 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So ... where's Whysnow?

I'm all for "I told you so" BUT some of our brothers have lost money in this. I would be very careful in making fun of people even if it's the ever passionate Whysnow. TBL could have came to this conclusion as well and I wouldn't want to wish ill on those guys. We non buyers should move on and wish the buyers best of luck in getting their money back.

Sorry gents.

#4452 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think at the end of the day....it was all greed. I don't think it started out that way, but the dollars signs started flashing. This really sickens me and just feel for everyone that got screwed over. Kevin will get his and hopefully there will be some (if not all) financial recovery for backers.

It seems like he initially thought he was doing a handful of one off machines and wouldn't need a licence maybe but have no idea how he continued for so long and through out c and d orders without realising he was in big trouble.

I just hope people get their money back.

#4453 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai,
Just saying two wrongs don't make a right . Ideallt it was legit . Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this. Clearly mr x group was more malicious than helpful by their choice to support fox busting Kevin over telling buyers .
Please don't turn out be part of this group...

No, this site was filled with people who even when faced with factual evidence just deny it and call the people bringing it forward troublemakers and haters. Having Fox come at Kevin officially would make the situation undeniable, and the anonymous group wouldn't have to be the ones "busting" him. Turns out Fox dragged their feet so long that the community just outed the whole story anyway. And no, I'm not involved with the anonymous group.

#4454 9 years ago

Dayhuff?

#4455 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this.

Copyright infringement can stay on pirates bay. We have no place for it in pinball imo.

#4456 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Who exactly are you? And what other things have they been buying with our money?

No idea Ive just seen all the new crap coming in.. Funny how someone can go from having nothing to having everything they want

#4457 9 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I think at the end of the day....it was all greed. I don't think it started out that way, but the dollars signs started flashing. This really sickens me and just feel for everyone that got screwed over. Kevin will get his and hopefully there will be some (if not all) financial recovery for backers.

Definitely. That and the fame. Read that early quote in the pinballnews article. Something like they became a big deal, and people donated money to get them to shows because they're so awesome. And they never asked for money, we just threw it at him for a piece!

Probably still doesn't think he's doing wrong.

#4458 9 years ago

Kevin,

Please
Return
Emails
Delivering
Apology
Then
Offer
Refunds

Wow, I've officially lost it. I'm so pissed right now.

#4459 9 years ago

Lmao I was going to say they are in Chicago

#4460 9 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

It seems like he initially thought he was doing a handful of one off machines and wouldn't need a licence maybe but have no idea how he continued for so long and through out c and d orders without realising he was in big trouble.
I just hope people get their money back.

I agree....... I really hope they fry his ass for this.

#4461 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

No idea Ive just seen all the new crap coming in.. Funny how someone can go from having nothing to having everything they want

Disgusting, not funny. But it's easy to buy whatever you want after stealing $1,000,000....

#4462 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

Lmao I was going to say they are in Chicago

Check the edit, even though your trolling is to forced

#4463 9 years ago

In 10 years, what do you think the 3 Predator prototypes will be worth?

#4464 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

To me? About the same as the steam off my piss.

#4465 9 years ago

Kevin lied and made it out on several recent emails as if all is well and that makes this an issue with principal, no one is going to steal 3K from me, not happening. I already filed a claim with paypal and will be contacting both my CC company and lawyer tomorow.

#4466 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing. Well, to me anyway.

#4467 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai,
Just saying two wrongs don't make a right . Ideallt it was legit . Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this. Clearly mr x group was more malicious than helpful by their choice to support fox busting Kevin over telling buyers .

Totally disagree.... (btw- whats the "2nd wrong"? exposing the truth)?

Ethics aside:
Consider THIS scenario. We know it was going to take a LONG time for him to make these machines.... probably a year or more. So lets say 100 of the machines get made. Now Fox gets wind of it, shuts down Skitb and the other 150 pre-payers get zilch because Kevin burned through the bank account and was already spending money of EOD.

At least now, there's a CHANCE that ALL the prepayers can get an equal share back.... not just a few lucky folks at the front of the line.

Also, consider this:
Had that happened and FOX was left powerless to stop it, you think they would EVER agree to license more IP to pinball? Id say it'd be likely they decide we're all a bunch of f(*&kers and would NEVER license to another pinball manufacturer.

#4468 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

After the trial, they will probably be destroyed don't ya think?

#4469 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Do they work better than they did at the expos?

#4470 9 years ago

Oh man you ? Damn. You should have spilled the beans

#4471 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

To bad there isn't a way to auction that stuff off....proceeds go to those impacted (if they don't get all their money back)

#4472 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

After the trial, they will probably be destroyed don't ya think?

They are fun games.

I hope they escape before the feds kick down doors

#4473 9 years ago

I'll be honest, I never thought it was a great game. I didn't care for how it flipped (those center targets were just annoying) and I didn't like the art. I'm not really sad for the loss of the game, just the money and years of hopes and dreams. That's what sucks.

I'm pulling for Heighway to ship Alien, for it to be awesome and the company legit, and then to give everyone the companion Predator game with art and design worthy of the theme.

#4474 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Totally disagree.... (btw- whats the "2nd wrong"? exposing the truth)?
Ethics aside:
Consider THIS scenario. We know it was going to take a LONG time for him to make these machines.... probably a year or more. So lets say 100 of the machines get made. Now Fox gets wind of it, shuts down Skitb and the other 150 pre-payers get zilch because Kevin burned through the bank account and was already spending money of EOD.
At least now, there's a CHANCE that ALL the prepayers can get an equal share back.... not just a few lucky folks at the front of the line.
Also, consider this:
Had that happened and FOX was left powerless to stop it, you think they would EVER agree to license more IP to pinball? Id say it'd be likely they decide we're all a bunch of f(*&kers and would NEVER license to another pinball manufacturer.

Low, face it, I know you're not invested, but we're not getting shit back.

#4475 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

$10K by Christmas.... unless Kevin activates the self destruct mode!

self destruct in 3,2,1.jpgself destruct in 3,2,1.jpg

#4476 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Do you live on Pine River Rd?

Nope

#4477 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be honest, I never though it was a great game. I didn't care for how it flipped (those center targets were just annoying) and I didn't like the art. I'm not really sad for the loss of the game, just the money and years of hopes and dreams. That's what sucks.
I'm pulling for Heighway to ship Alien, for it to be awesome and the company legit, and then to give everyone the companion Predator game with art and design worthy of the theme.

Haha I never even got to play it. Now I can admit its 6 shots compared to an Xmen, and the fact that it seemed like a ball only went up the left ramp 1 out of 10 times, but Unload looked pretty damn cool.

#4478 9 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Low, face it, I know you're not invested, but we're not getting shit back.

Well, I hope you're wrong.

Even if its $0.50 on the dollar, that'd be better than nothing.

I cant believe he burned through ALL the funds. Not one machine made it into the wild, so FOX really isnt harmed, so hopefully some of the money will flow back to the people and not get swallowed by FOX and a bunch of lawyers.

#4479 9 years ago

Y U edit out the trolling part tho?

#4480 9 years ago

EOD = Expert of Deceipt??

#4481 9 years ago

what a freaking train wreck.

#4482 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rai,

No.gifNo.gif
#4483 9 years ago

That's the same response my bank gave me

#4484 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So, care to share now the "certain things" you knew 2-3 weeks ago when you were sharing that "good news report" from Kevin?

Yes, I will.
...it just took me a while to read through things here, and part of the Pinball News article. Incredible and sad.
...as to what Kevin told me to "keep under wraps" for a while, while he was negotiating, was that Roger Sharpe was working on the license and JJP would probably be making the machine.

#4485 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I will.
...it just took me a while to read through things here, and part of the Pinball News article. Incredible and sad.
...as to what Kevin told me to "keep under wraps" for a while, while he was negotiating, was that Roger Sharpe was working on the license and JJP would probably be making the machine.

How much more is this gonna cost me?

#4486 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I didn't?

#4487 9 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Kevin,
Please
Return
Emails
Delivering
Apology
Then
Offer
Refunds
Wow, I've officially lost it. I'm so pissed right now.

Would you believe him if he did? Not trying to pour salt in the wound(s)...but I'm asking seriously.

#4488 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm aaronjames wife

#4489 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i just wanted to snap-shot that write-up in case it changes over time.

You may want to snap it somewhere else as well. Websites crash and lose data all the time.

#4490 9 years ago

How much more is this gonna cost me?

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

#4491 9 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

The weekend is here so we should not expect any information from SkitB until Monday.

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be shocked Monday morning when he gets in the office to see all this waiting for him...

#4492 9 years ago

Who dis now?

#4493 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was I reading the Pinball News article right? At the end they made it seem like someone may still pick up this project.

I read that too. I doubt they'll do it now after this shitstorm.

#4494 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be shocked Monday morning when he gets in the office to see all this waiting for him...

What office... They packed up shop and moved it to midland

#4495 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Ohhhhh man is Kevin going to be amused Monday morning when he lands in the Cayman Islands and sees all this waiting for him...

fixed for accuracy

#4496 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Holy hell, did anything Kevin Kulek tell you turn out to be true? How busy you think he is responding to all the individual emails right about now?

#4497 9 years ago

Guess not well known enough...

#4498 9 years ago

Haha I never even got to play it. Now I can admit its 6 shots compared to an Xmen, and the fact that it seemed like a ball only went up the left ramp 1 out of 10 times, but Unload looked pretty damn cool.

I played the most recent prototype at Expo 2014. I didn't hate it, or think it was ugly.

I also didn't like the game or the art much. The translite was bad. Deserved so much more.

I hope everyone gets their money back, and maybe gets to spend it on a Heighway Predator some day that will be more bad ass. Think how much cooler it could look.

predator2.jpgpredator2.jpgpredator_fan_art_by_admirawijaya-d5kwcd0.jpgpredator_fan_art_by_admirawijaya-d5kwcd0.jpg

Or what it could look like next to a matching cabinet Alien ...

alien_vs_predator_art_wallpaper-800x600.jpgalien_vs_predator_art_wallpaper-800x600.jpg

#4499 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, I will.

So, whats his phone number, Ted? I'm sure public posting of it will be fine.

#4500 9 years ago

Marsellus.jpgMarsellus.jpg

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.