Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 366.
#4401 4 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

I'd wager the failure to get any games out the door as well as the initial attempt to only build ten was partially due to not being able to get access to the frozen Paypal funds.

Interesting... that would be nice if true. Could explain why he always stated it takes time to get a refund???

Oh shit... there I go again... making excuses for Kevin. Time to go slap myself...

#4402 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Does all this mean Experts of Dangerous will be delayed?

I feel bad for the hundreds who must have preordered it.

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

I regretfully filed my claim with Paypal for my $3000...for whatever good it will do. If we don't have a resolution within a week, I'll go to my credit card. I should have protection there. Why anyone paid with their bank accounts, I'll never understand.

Just fyi
PayPal won't help you near as well as your CC

#4404 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

Why anyone paid with their bank accounts, I'll never understand.

Everything involved in my response will get me banned for being vulgar and personal attacks, so I guess I'll just ask if that closing jab was necessary?

#4405 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

I regretfully filed my claim with Paypal for my $3000...for whatever good it will do. If we don't have a resolution within a week, I'll go to my credit card. I should have protection there. Why anyone paid with their bank accounts, I'll never understand.

Believed him I guess.

#4406 4 years ago

Thanks Pen,
As a child of the mosh pit it's insulting to associate Punk rock with fraud !!

#4407 4 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

I'll confirm from both my own personal experience as well as that of a number of close friends that your experience with Paypal is not uncommon.
They'll freeze funds when there's a large influx of cash that's not the norm, even on fairly active accounts.
I believe that a lot of Kevin's B.S. about his "special" Paypal arrangements were simply the account being frozen until he could prove the money was legit and, as happened with your translite's, prove he was shipping the product he collected money for.
I'd wager the failure to get any games out the door as well as the initial attempt to only build ten was partially due to not being able to get access to the frozen Paypal funds.
So, there might be some hope for a partial refund.

Only thing I can tell you is when we sent the $250, it was a"gift" as not to incur paypal charges, which 250 gifts will freeze an account because paypals not getting their cut. However, when we sent the big payments, it was a legitimate payment and not a gift.

But why are we talking about this statement? We know everything he said was swindler confidence bullshit

#4408 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just fyi

Absolutely! Hopefully many of you used Amex. They have been very good for me when I've had a problem with a purchase.

#4409 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Only thing I can tell you is when we sent the $250, it was a"gift" as not to incur paypal charges, which 250 gifts will freeze an account because paypals not getting their cut. However, when we sent the big payments, it was a legitimate payment and not a gift.
But why are we talking about this statement? We know everything he said was swindler confidence bullshit

My $250 deposit was not sent as a "gift". It was for "goods/services".

#4410 4 years ago

Ok, now I will listen to suggestions on the best way to send pressurized containers of dog shit through international mail?...... Anyone?

(j/k)

#4411 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'll retheme to Experts of Disastrous. Hope SkitB doesn't mind me using their IP on it...

#4412 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Ok, now I will listen to suggestions on the best way to send pressurized containers of dog shit through international mail?...... Anyone?
(j/k)

With a hazmat label, via FedEx, and having to fill out a shit ton of paperwork...

#4413 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

(j/k)

All I can offer is not to fax it. Too much cleanup...

#4414 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Interesting... that would be nice if true. Could explain why he always stated it takes time to get a refund???

As Aurich alluded to, there's hoops to jump through to get access to your money when they lock down your account. And the situations I've got experience with are along the lines of activity jumping from say a few hundred dollars in monthly transactions to 5-10k. Someone going from what I'd assume was essentially a non-active account to taking in the kind of cash we're looking at here would presumably have a much higher hurdle to clear before getting the money.

As someone who's in on this project, but has remained quiet in the shadow's I sure hope I'm right.

#4415 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

And so will FH 2.0

Betcha Kevin has this song by Tool stuck in head now...

#4416 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He's been pushed as the guy to save jpop as well. People talking big before they've produced anything is what got us to where we are today.

Before Rick at PPS named him in Rick's new scheme in how they plan on usurping the hardware already on the market.. who had heard of Aaron or his Fast Pinball? For someone still trying to get their own product out and established in the product he sure has been running around playing 'business and industry adviser' quite publicly... well now his eagerness has gotten him quite a black eye.

#4418 4 years ago

LOL... MS Paint...

#4420 4 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

As someone who's in on this project, but has remained quiet in The Shadow's I sure hope I'm right.

I hope so too brother... for all of us.

#4421 4 years ago

Damn, I don't know what's worse:

...the money I'm losing on Predator.
OR
...the ruining of all future viewings of Predator.

#4422 4 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

"Kevin told us, “As a colleague of mine has always said, we've always had something of a ‘punk rock’ approach to pinball which has inadvertently defined us from the beginning. We never meant to be the ‘punk rockers’ of pinball
Stop playing the victim, and do not use “punk rock” in this context. There is nothing “punk Rock” about it.

I agree rob.. He needs to own up to this cluster *F*.. He's not punk rock he is a "punk ass" at this point

#4423 4 years ago

Apparently 10pingrn doesn't want Kevin to go to prison... That's where he f*cking belongs dude...

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just fyi

Once the scam is pretty public, PP is not that bad. They have their image as well and their relations with the CC companies. Maybe they have insurance for this kind of stuff if the account can't be drained to fund the requests.

I've seen it with ebay scammers... once they take down the profile, refunds flow freely

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So my suspicion, based on some facts, some guesses, and some experience, is that any money he took from PayPal is still sitting there, untouched.

I hope you are right, but I think there was a lot of money spent. No f'n way that stay at home mom financed that house or used her own cash. Well I guess there are a couple ways, but I know the most likely way. Wonder if they bought a new car recently? How the hell have they been supporting themselves the last couple years? It ain't cheap supporting a family of 5.

#4427 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

And not saying it's ok but truth be told had this group not meddled games may have ended up in folks hands.

Just so I can understand you, like Kevin feel that stealing IP is no big deal. Better if Kevin had gotten away with theft so long as the first few buyers got their pins.

#4428 4 years ago

Keefer ,
Pretty sure spell check is the last gdm thing important right now!

#4429 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Apparently 10pingrn doesn't want Kevin to go to prison... That's where he f*cking belongs dude...

And Pinballwife4life... who just so happened to join pinside today...

Edit, nevermind. She changed her vote...

#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Damn, I don't know what's worse:
...the money I'm losing on Predator.
OR
...the ruining of all my future viewings of Predator.

That's what I was saying last night man. Sullied my favorite movie forever. I'll never be able to watch it without remembering I got burned for 5 grand.

#4431 4 years ago

Irony: number 7

100 Greatest Punk Rock Artists
1. The Clash
2. MC5
3. The Ramones
4. The Sex Pistols
5. The Stooges
6. Dead Kennedys
7. Fugazi
8. Black Flag
9. The Misfits
10. Bad Brains

#4432 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Better if Kevin had gotten away with theft so long as the first few buyers got their pins.

I think some people are going to see this as Kevin not trying to screw pinball people, he was really trying to screw Fox. And that would be ok by them.

Problem is, it was a bed of lies, constantly, to pinball people. That, and his actions screwed the pinball people.

#4433 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Keefer ,
Pretty sure spell check is the last gdm thing important right now!

Just to be clear it was Kevin's wife's supposed quote, not mine.

#4434 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You're a day late with that one. You're going to have to own up to your part of this, trying to temper people while you knew exactly what was going on.

I'm wondering about JPop's situation also with Fast.

#4435 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I hope you are right, but I think there was a lot of money spent. No f'n way that stay at home mom financed that house or used her own cash. Well I guess there are a couple ways, but I know the most likely way. Wonder if they bought a new car recently? How the hell have they been supporting themselves the last couple years? It ain't cheap supporting a family of 5.

Yeap plus more

#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just so I can understand you, like Kevin feel that stealing IP is no big deal. Better if Kevin had gotten away with theft so long as the first few buyers got their pins.

Admittedly, I think this works better for him. Imagine he had gotten this all out the door and Fox eventually found out. He gets hit on 250 clear counts of copyright infringement.

This way, he might be able to wriggle his way out of it, not produce anything for us, and not pay us back.

#4437 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just to be clear it was Kevin's wife's supposed quote, not mine.

That was a direct quote from a text from his wife.

#4438 4 years ago

Rai,
Just saying two wrongs don't make a right . Ideallt it was legit . Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this. Clearly mr x group was more malicious than helpful by their choice to support fox busting Kevin over telling buyers .
Please don't turn out be part of this group...

#4439 4 years ago

I'm very sorry for everyone with money involved. But FYI, Kevin's wife has recently been bragging on Facebook and elsewhere about all of her new photography equipment and "studio" for her side business. As previously noted, they also have a brand new house in Midland MI purchased only months ago that is apparently 100% in her name alone. Could be completely innocent and unrelated. However, it does not look good at all.

Bottom line, I don't care how nice Kevin comes across in person. He deserves what is coming. And I don't think anyone should forget about Aaron Klumpp. My understanding is the 2 really did have a personal falling out. However, he was just as complicit and guilty before and after their departure.

#4440 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

That's what I was saying last night man. Sullied my favorite movie forever. I'll never be able to watch it without remembering I got burned for 5 grand.

I hit the wrong thing... We don't have money invested by any means but I'm pissed they sat there and lied to our face... Kevin fucking up has brought on.. Well your friends with them do you have any info.. No and I don't want any involvement with it... Seeing things take place over the last couple of months has had us going hmmm how the f can they afford that

#4441 4 years ago

*nevermind

#4442 4 years ago

Holy cow.

nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg

#4443 4 years ago

The law won't forget

#4444 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Good point. I forgot about them. There's another example of someone who is going to take a shot in the credibility department.
Should we not talk about them either?

Yeah- i brought that a few minutes ago (probably 3 pages back by now the way this thread is going).

He certainly represented himself as having approved the licensing....

Then again, as I said before, their main business is built on "squinting" a bit when it comes to IP....So I never really considered them super credible on the subject.

Plenty of folks got sucked into not just believing Kevin, but ultimately shilling for him here:
Paul @ VirtuaPIn
Aaron @ Fast Pinball
SPfxted (Ted)
Whysnow
etc.

Clearly the main blame lies with Kevin, but they certainly didn't help shine the light of truth on the whole thing.

The reality is, folks knowing a few weeks sooner probably wouldn't have made any difference... but a few MONTHS earlier? Maybe.

However, its not like these allegations are fresh, many have been railing on SkitB for MONTHS here and were roundly shouted down by the fans....

#4445 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

I hit the wrong thing... We don't have money invested by any means but I'm pissed they sat there and lied to our face... Kevin fucking up has brought on.. Well your friends with them do you have any info.. No and I don't want any involvement with it... Seeing things take place over the last couple of months has had us going hmmm how the f can they afford that

Who exactly are you? And what other things have they been buying with our money?

#4446 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Rai,
Just saying two wrongs don't make a right . Ideallt it was legit . Secondly I would rather hear about 250 rogue games made than this. Clearly mr x group was more malicious than helpful by their choice to support fox busting Kevin over telling buyers .
Please don't turn out be part of this group...

Ok but there is a reason for copyrights and I don't think it's ok to steal just because it's a small run no big deal.

This can blowback on all future legitimate pinball projects. Cost more or refuse any requests for licences, it hurts more if this was not stopped before any pins ship.

#4447 4 years ago

A well known pinball person in michigan... Who are you?

#4448 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think some people are going to see this as Kevin not trying to screw pinball people, he was really trying to screw Fox. And that would be ok by them.
Problem is, it was a bed of lies, constantly, to pinball people. That, and his actions screwed the pinball people.

I think at the end of the day....it was all greed. I don't think it started out that way, but the dollars signs started flashing. This really sickens me and just feel for everyone that got screwed over. Kevin will get his and hopefully there will be some (if not all) financial recovery for backers.

#4449 4 years ago

A sucker from Wyoming, apparently.

#4450 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

A well known pinball person in michigan... Who are you?

Do you live on Pine River Rd?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 9.10
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 8,000.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 1,200.00
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside