Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 370.
#4251 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Well... lets hope Kevin gets our money back to us immediately. Or at least an equal portion of all remaining funds to pre-owners.
As this plays out over the next 24 to 48 hours, I will be contacting an attorney to discuss the best options for everyone to recover our money, including filling criminal charges. Once I have more information I will reach out to other pre-owners in an attempt to get as many of us together as possible to go after him criminally.
I can't see how this is not a federal issue as it crosses state lines, not to mention that it also crosses international boarders.
Its fraud, pure and simple.

You're my fucking hero

#4252 9 years ago

By the way remember Aurich came here right away first posting what he was sent. Kudos for thinking of the buyers first . Respect

#4253 9 years ago

Motion to remove Skit B from the Game Manufacturers forum list

#4254 9 years ago

Well, I just checked his paypal account and it's still showing as "paypal verified" so I'm assuming it's still active.

I'm assuming everyone involved has reached out to paypal and their funding source. Even if it's past the deadline, probably important to alert them to the problem.... Who knows they may have SOME funded there they can freeze.

#4255 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm assuming everyone involved has reached out to paypal and their funding source. Even if it's past the deadline, probably important to alert them to the problem.... Who knows they may have SOME funded there they can freeze.

Is there a direct link, or a phone number to open a dispute? I tried my bank, but they were not able to help. Can you open a group dispute through PayPal?

#4256 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Wow, I replaced you from the wait list. Always wondered who #112 originally was...

Yeah I picked that number because it was the start of the Fibonacci sequence, not really for any reason, really. I gave him a group of numbers, and that one was free.

#4257 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Back in February 2014, the Pinheadz Pinball Podcast did an interview with Kevin. Give it a listen. Interview starts at about 1 hour and 3 minutes into the podcast. Starts with talk about the Predator license.
It is podcast episode 3.
http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp003-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep3-the-greatest-v-the-newest/

After reading the whole story, the part where kevin is talking about licensing in this interview is just mind blowing. I can't believe he fabricated so much... unbelievable.

#4258 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

If I were Fox I wouldn't comment on the business arrangements I had with individuals who were not a party the agreement. That is just bad business. If someone contacted FAST to ask how much hardware a company ordered from us, even if it was an attempt to "clear up rumors" or some other noble effort, I would politely decline to comment.
That aside, the license topic was put to bed in the other horrible Skit-B thread. I am friends with Kevin. I have had the terms of the agreement explained to me. They are in order. So let's drop it.
These threads are not going to weed out any big conspiracy. They are only drama.
I do think Kevin should post a "hey guys, things are fine. Busy building pinball!" message. But really, that would probably calm people down for a couple days before someone sits up the pot again.
If you don't like the way things are going, bail out. If you don't like the waiting game of a pre-order, then don't do it again. If you are stoked to support and indie pinball company in their first game, then rock on.
There are lessons learned all over the place here and I hope things improve on the communication front. This is easier for me to not stress communication because a) I don't have $ in on a Predator and b) I talk to Kevin regularly. But I do know the guy is working hard doing the best he can right now.
I am done reading these posts. They are stuck in a loop and generating nothing but ill will.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

You SIR, get the whole damn sash for this BS !
Hell, I have to create a whole new category of badges for you.

douchebag-merit-badges.jpgdouchebag-merit-badges.jpg

#4259 9 years ago

What an unbelievable shitty ending. Kevin's going to pay one way or the other. Financially or criminally. Wow. I would not want to be him .

uUQOO7a.pnguUQOO7a.png

#4260 9 years ago

I just read all the anonymous stuff. Holy shit man. Sociopathic dude. I can't blame them for tipping off Fox. This is bullshit

#4261 9 years ago

I didn't do it, so I don't know where the button is on PayPal but during Phil meltdown people said they were able to submit fraud reports there. It might lock the account down (slow refunds) but maybe locked is better than open access for Kevin.

#4262 9 years ago

^^^^wow...just wow

When was that post made by Aaron?

#4263 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Will this be the first thread to make it to 10,000????

Whatever it gets to, this thread will live in Pinside infamy.

#4264 9 years ago

What are the odds someone here on pinside works for paypal?

#4265 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hard to believe he Vonnie Dd everyone.

It's not really, at least he had a working game to collect money compared to a Future pinball blueprint & a kickstarter page.

He's on another level to the Gremlins.

#4266 9 years ago

Well I for one will not just take the loss, legal action will follow non-refund of payment made. Your messing with the wrong guy.

untitled.pnguntitled.png
#4267 9 years ago

Has some one checked on whysnow? Head explode or anything?

#4268 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I for one will not just take the loss, legal action will follow non-refund of payment made.

Agreed

#4269 9 years ago
Quoted from LapsedGamer:

Motion to remove Skit B from the Game Manufacturers forum list

Second!

#4270 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Aaron Dude you are a xxxx ! You chose to chime in cheerleading knowing what you know. You are not going to win that back amigo. Christ we even said that and kept on.

I do know that Aaron didn't know anything about the financials and how much is left. In my conversations over a week ago in talking about Jpop he asked me if I would help with getting money back from the cabinet guy for Kevin and that Kevin was in the process of putting together the "financials" so he/me or anybody else could figure out how to help get the project to completion and supposedly help bring in "other investors" that were actually interested in doing a multiple pin deal.

Aaron's a really nice guy and passionate about pinball. He just got caught up in trying to help out a scumbag, which was all coming to light over the last couple of weeks.

The guy that needs to be BBQ'ed is Kevin, and him alone.

Think about what he was just telling Ted, and using him as a shill. It's what he does.

#4271 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here. We have talked regularly about all of this over the last couple weeks. You need to know that the steps being taken are not a result of today's surge of threats. Everyone needs to calm down while these remaining details are getting worked out. Resolution is coming, one way or another. While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were, I am still willing to advise him through these steps and decisions. Kevin has all the data, all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.
In the meantime, let's all take a breather. Get off this thread for a few days. Go spend time with friends and family. Hell, even play some pinball.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

this was TWO days ago!.... Hardly sounds like you were distraught with the fraud that Kevin had committed. It reads a helluva lot more like a plea for more damn time....

If you've known for WEEKS what he did- why wait for today to severe your business ties? So you were OK with it - right up till it became public?!

Shameful.

#4272 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

C'mon man, not now.

Seriously though, does anyone have a connection to a person that works for PayPal?

#4273 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I just commented on the financials as I know them. This all just sucks.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Aaron you're one of the few who talks to Kevin, after your posts supporting him, restore YOUR reputation somewhat and damned well find out the financial situation and let us know

#4274 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Well... lets hope Kevin gets our money back to us immediately. Or at least an equal portion of all remaining funds to pre-owners.
As this plays out over the next 24 to 48 hours, I will be contacting an attorney to discuss the best options for everyone to recover our money, including filling criminal charges. Once I have more information I will reach out to other pre-owners in an attempt to get as many of us together as possible to go after him criminally.
I can't see how this is not a federal issue as it crosses state lines, not to mention that it also crosses international boarders.

This whole thing just makes me sick - mostly for 200+ preorders still active, but for our hobby in its entirety. Hopefully Kevin hasn't screwed his suppliers too! After having read this entire thread and all of the recent publications - I don't hold out a lot of hope that the preorders will just be "given" their money back (even if partial). I don't see any other way to recover their investment without getting the courts involved.

I feel sad for anyone in Kevin's family who had no knowledge, or played any part, of this scam; their lives are about to change drastically. I met his little girl briefly at MPE - sweet little girl.

Monumental day for pinball - unfortunately not a good one. Honestly - good luck to anyone still impacted by this debacle.

Scott

#4275 9 years ago

Ice, it's all on Kevin but Aaron has been leading this on for a while way more than just supportive.

Quote:
If I were Fox I wouldn't comment on the business arrangements I had with individuals who were not a party the agreement. That is just bad business. If someone contacted FAST to ask how much hardware a company ordered from us, even if it was an attempt to "clear up rumors" or some other noble effort, I would politely decline to comment.
That aside, the license topic was put to bed in the other horrible Skit-B thread. I am friends with Kevin. I have had the terms of the agreement explained to me. They are in order. So let's drop it.
These threads are not going to weed out any big conspiracy. They are only drama. I do think Kevin should post a "hey guys, things are fine. Busy building pinball!" message. But really, that would probably calm people down for a couple days before someone sits up the pot again.
If you don't like the way things are going, bail out. If you don't like the waiting game of a pre-order, then don't do it again. If you are stoked to support and indie pinball company in their first game, then rock on.
There are lessons learned all over the place here and I hope things improve on the communication front. This is easier for me to not stress communication because a) I don't have $ in on a Predator and b) I talk to Kevin regularly. But I do know the guy is working hard doing the best he can right now.
I am done reading these posts. They are stuck in a loop and generating nothing but ill will.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4276 9 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

It's really, really shitty that we all could've had a much easier out with PayPal if this super secret information was shared with us months ago.

Read my post a few pages back. Ethics question for the entire community.

#4277 9 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

I feel sad for Kevin's family who had no knowledge

You think his wife didn't know when she bought a house, by herself, in Nov of last year?

#4278 9 years ago

im sick...even boob pics wont help... to all my friends in this community who have been financially invested in this project I hope you can band together with a legal tactic that will nail this scumbag and hopefully get back as much of your money as possible... those of us on the outside looking in have nothing but sympathy for you and wish you all luck.
I wish there was something the rest of us could do to help...

#4279 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

You SIR, get the whole damn sash for this BS !
douchebag-merit-badges.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Agreed. FastPinball will never get a dime of my money after posting this knowing what the real story was.

I hope everyone gets there money back on this, and I hope Kevin is punished for his fraud.

If the mods who were telling everyone to wait today were some of the mods who received this information ahead of time, they should be replaced immediately. If they knew that the victims of this were rightly demanding answers and misled them under the guise of moderator authority, they should be gone.

#4280 9 years ago

What about the toys that are not fox's IP? Whos the guy that made the skulls and spines? Could he make more? Could we all buy a skull and have the profits go toward the pre-owner group?

I'd buy a piece or two if it could help these guys recoup some of their funds? It would be a great piece of pinball history for the game room. Definitely something to talk about.

I'm just brainstorming ideas that might help...

#4281 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

this was TWO days ago!.... Hardly sounds like you were distraught with the fraud that Kevin had committed. It reads a helluva lot more like a plea for more damn time....

Knowing Aaron, that's not how it reads to me at all. He's a very level headed guy.

He's made the mistake of trying to help and its got me rethinking my decision to even try and help John, being a good guy can easily end up getting you F ed.

#4282 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

After reading the wordpress site, at least now I have a pretty good idea of who Mr. X is. Disappointing he sat on this info at the request of Fox's attorney (to whom he was not beholden) while there was still a chance for some buyers to exercise paypal disputes.

I don't blame him for handling it the way he did. He would have been blamed for the project failing if he went loud with this in Q4 of 14. I think the whole seeding of the story was a bit on the dramatic side but jeez...this entire thing is exceedingly dramatic on its own.

#4283 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If you've known for WEEKS what he did- why wait for today to severe your business ties? So you were OK with it - right up till it became public?!
Shameful.

ABSOLUTE 100% TRUTH !!!!!

#4284 9 years ago

I have two of the hanging Skulls/spines from BackAlley that were supposed to go on my Predator.... my now wife absolutely hates them and since they won't go on a Predator machine, if anyone is interested in them, send me a pm.

#4285 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

After reading the whole story, the part where kevin is talking about licensing in this interview is just mind blowing. I can't believe he fabricated so much... unbelievable.

george.jpggeorge.jpg

#4286 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Thank you

#4287 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I’ve spoken with Kevin, and told him that as much as I wish I could help him, there’s nothing I can do, he’s created this situation and he’s the only one who can resolve it. I’ve shared everything I can already with people and the Pinball News article we have been waiting for shares the details of what I couldn't share before. I don’t have any way of getting your money back. At this point I’m severing all my business relationships with Skit-B and hoping that in the end there’s a resolution that at least salvages what’s left of the money. Good luck everyone.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Really Aaron, I'm sorry to say, but other than Whysnow, you had a bigger impact on convincing people that there was no issue with the license than anyone on Pinside. And actually, speaking for me personally, you had a much bigger impact on me than Whysnow.

It was based on your posts here that I had largely recanted some of my well documented criticism/doubt about any license existing, when you clearly implied that you had seen the actual Predator license agreement from Fox.

I had even indicated, in response to moderator Xerico, that it would have been nice if you specifically came out and stated whether you saw the actual license, but that it was clearly implied from your post(s). You let that sit, without further explanation, leading me to believe that you had actually seen the license agreement based on your friendship with Kevin...who is a great guy.

I swear to God, if I had a dime for every time I saw someone on Pinside post about what a nice guy Kevin is, I'd be a damn millionaire.

#4288 9 years ago

Hey I played this game last year at MGC and it went into a ball search after the first ball. Seems pretty fitting now. Hopefully all of you guys get your money back!!!

#4289 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You think his wife didn't know when she bought a house, by herself, in Nov of last year?

You are taking my comment out of context. I'm only sorry for those who had no knowledge, which is why I singled out his little girl. I have absolutely zero knowledge what his wife did or did not know. I agree that the whole house thing is shady if true. If she knew the depths of this scam - shame on her too.

Scott

#4290 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well I for one will not just take the loss, legal action will follow non-refund of payment made. Your messing with the wrong guy.

As Thomas Jefferson once said - "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

"We few, we UNHAPPY few, we are a band of PINSIDE brothers."

#4291 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The house thing may actually be a positive in the end. I suppose it depends how the court would view ownership of a home purchased with these funds. I'm not at all educated in the law so I couldn't say. At least it's a tangible asset as opposed to bowls of weed consumed in the eponymous basement.

#4292 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ice, it's all on Kevin but Aaron has been leading this on for a while way more than just supportive.
Quote:
These threads are not going to weed out any big conspiracy. They are only drama. I do think Kevin should post a "hey guys, things are fine. Busy building pinball!" message. But really, that would probably calm people down for a couple days before someone sits up the pot again.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I agree, he ended up mistakenly in the Kevin camp and in hindsight, wrongly supported him. I'm sure he was as frustrated as everybody else.

All I'm saying is Aaron is a really good dude, I don't believe there was any intentional malice or cover up on his part, maybe over zealous support at times? I don't really know because I didn't follow this thread much up until now.

What about the damage Hilton has caused? He was duped and WAY over the top with his "support" and I don't blame him either.

It's a terrible F ing situation. Better jump all over Kevin right now and get whatever's left before more of it disappears.

#4293 9 years ago

^Scott, no ill will towards you man - I am just questioning how in the dark his wife actually was/is (obviously, the kids I wish no harm towards). Your post was just used as a point based on you bringing up immediate family around Kevin.

#4294 9 years ago

Why would kevin refund money, doesnt he need it for his legal defense?

#4295 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I swear to God, if I had a dime for every time I saw someone on Pinside post about what a nice guy Kevin is, I'd be a damn Millionaire.

This shit happens often on Pinside !

#4296 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

He's looking for the real killers. Or golfing.

#4297 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Aaron's a really nice guy and passionate about pinball.

Virtually everyone who met Kevin Kulek said the exact same thing.

#4298 9 years ago

Just read the pinballnews article. I don't have a dog in this fight, but this just sucks. My heart goes out to you guys that supported and believed in Skit-B. Sad day in pinball.

#4299 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^Scott, no ill will towards you man - I am just questioning how in the dark his wife actually was/is (obviously, the kids I wish no harm towards). Your post was just used as a point based on you bringing up immediate family around Kevin.

Shit B's wife will have to get a job now that he wil be going to prison.

#4300 9 years ago

Guys, if you are still in on this, I would recommend that you find a way to set up a board off this forum to maintain contact, and get counsel in the area of consumer protection and fraud involved. It will be a federal case and lots of lawyers are going to run from it, but someone will listen. There is a lot of money here, and you are going to be praying for just some of it back. You only hope there is cash in an account somewhere. If not, you are going to need additional help.....

....which brings me to the next and more sure point. The authorities need to be contacted. My guess is that this is FBI jurisdiction, but you might start in their own backyard and contact the local PD or Sheriff's office in his county. The time is now. Let them flush the rest of it out. The story makes allegations of theft and fraud, on a knowing and continual basis. There is a substantial amount of money involved. These are allegation that, if found true, result in federal prison sentences and seizures and asset forfeiture.

I would at least demand that that futon his mom was bragging on them buying be sold to refund you. That's your futon. His mom told anyone that would listen as much last year at TPF.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.