Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 370.
#4101 9 years ago

I don't have any money in this game. I'm here to find out what the hell is going on, like many of you all.

It would be great if kevin would tell us, but it looks like martin or aurich will have to clear the air. Why it hasn't been done yet is beyond me

#4102 9 years ago

At this point even Rudy wants his money back from the FH 2.0 preorder!

Quoted from PPS:

no date yet, but will not be a couple of years out ... lol

Quoted from fastpinball:

It will take some time to do it right, do it justice. No dates just yet. We will start a development thread when the time is right.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4103 9 years ago

Nibbles, I would try contacting Paypal. They may look into it since they are looking into mine (my request went through my CC company though. Always use a CC going through Paypal for extra protection.

#4104 9 years ago

what.jpegwhat.jpeg

#4105 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Nibbles, I would try contacting Paypal. They may look into it since they are looking into mine (my request went through my CC company though. Always use a CC going through Paypal for extra protection.

THANKS FOR THE TIP TODAY!

#4106 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I made a point to put exactly what the payment was for, but doubtful it will help since he dragged out the timeframe past the 180 days you have to dispute with PayPal. So unless someone has guidance on how to handle it with the bank, I am completely handcuffed to Kevin...
Untitled-2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

What really sucks was your payment was funded by your bank account and not a credit card. Even harder for a charge back. I looked mine up, I paid with a partial paypal balance and about $4200 was put on a credit card. Calling my credit card company tomorrow.

#4107 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I don't have any money in this game. I'm here to find out what the hell is going on, like many of you all.
It would be great if kevin would tell us, but it looks like martin or aurich will have to clear the air. Why it hasn't been done yet is beyond me

But your also not being very aggressive towards those who play a wait and see approach.

#4108 9 years ago

so ....... is it boobs time yet?

#4109 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yk, I'm not on trial here, and neither are you. So since you are skirting the question, I'll join the fray and assume none. No money. So in that respect, I would like to know why you are taking such a vendetta in this thread?
If you again choose to ignore the question, It will go a long way to turning your accusations around, and no one here wants that to happen.
The question is asked of you, by many as you say, because it is a valid indication of involvement in this project. I'm involved by sending Skitb my support in the form of $4750 in exchange for goods. Are you in the same boat? Are you one of us?

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

#4110 9 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

I only wish Kevin's Magic paint worked half as well...

Edit she deserves two..

#4111 9 years ago

#4112 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Your right about that Rob. Look deeper.

#4113 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I have no idea who Mr. X is, but Kevin's partner or colleague at Skit-B Pinball was Aaron Klumpp. I'm not sure what the actual business arrangement was between the two?
I did run across a lengthy video of both Kevin and Aaron holding a seminar at the NWPAS 2013. The video is dated Jun 12, 2013...
» YouTube video
At that point, Aaron seemed fully engaged. When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

So many potential lies in this video........These guys were on a one way track right off the cliff, there was no fall back plan. This dude Kevin is smart in all the wrong ways......

#4114 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Always use a CC going through Paypal for extra protection.

Amazing how a bank just throws their hands up and says "welp...", whereas if I used the same banks CC they would stop just short of resurrecting a dead relative to find someone and get the money back.

#4115 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I only wish Kevin's Magic paint worked half as well...
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice. Body paint is a favorite... one of the best things to come out of SI in a while...

#4116 9 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

All, Robin has warned to keep it civil.
Again, I am not backing what happened or how it went down, just asking that we remember it is the weekend.

do it.jpgdo it.jpg

#4117 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ayuh, that's gonna be a really sticky wicket...
given the apparent timing of events, the pile of fecal matter will be high... i say apparent, since i don't know exact dates... but my understanding of the sequence of events would seem to indicate that he at least solicited funds post c&d...
i freely admit i could be wrong on my understanding of the sequence of events...

Well you have to remember that there were plenty of people that opted out and in the process someone from the waitlist took their place and sent in their deposit. So if it is true there was a C&D money was absolutely taken after.

#4118 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It is really sickening to see people enjoying watching 250 fellow pinsiders lose $5k.
Do you laugh at people when their houses burn down, too?
Do you laugh at funerals?
Some people have mental illness.

I've noticed this also and not just in this thread. A certain individual has openly celebrated the theft of Nucore. It's like saying to someone, "Hey I saw the guy who stole your car the other day. He's really enjoying it!! hahahaha."

So yes. It does happen and yes I agree the individuals who do it need to seek help.

#4120 9 years ago

^^^ Well played!

#4121 9 years ago

Has anyone actually talked with Kevin in the past week?

#4122 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I've noticed this also and not just in this thread. A certain individual has openly celebrated the theft of Nucore. It's like saying to someone, "Hey I saw the guy who stole your car the other day. He's really enjoying it!! hahahaha."
So yes. It does happen and yes I agree the individuals who do it need to seek help.

Nucor might be a bit of an ironic example here.

The Nucor situation reminds me a bit of the scene from Pirate of Silicon Valley when Jobs starts whining that Gates stole from Apple only to be schooled by Gates when he calls out Apple for stealing from Xerox....

#4123 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It is really sickening to see people enjoying watching 250 fellow pinsiders lose $5k.
Do you laugh at people when their houses burn down, too?
Do you laugh at funerals?
Some people have mental illness.

I understand what you are saying, but I think a lot of what you are seeing is backlash for what is happening to our Hobby. Preorders and upfront funding for games is a bad sign. Many pinsiders were warned by other pinsiders and many where told to shut up. Trusting people is one thing, but trusting people with thousands of dollars to build a machine with 10's of thousand moving parts is another.......especially when they have never done it before. Many would call that delusional. The funny thing is, there are many people here that I believe have the brains to pull this off, but they are so successful in their profession that they would never consider it........It's funny that they are so trusting of individuals with half their business sense.

#4124 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But your also not being very aggressive towards those who play a wait and see approach.

I've just been correcting people who clearly misunderstand the situation.

#4125 9 years ago

I've been pretty aggressive towards Kevin. He's the damn ringleader of "wait and see." DAMMIT KEVIN!!!

#4126 9 years ago

Of all the emails Kevin is personally responding to "in the order they were received", it's amazing that there is not one Pinsider here who has gotten a response yet?

#4127 9 years ago
#4128 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Of all the emails Kevin is personally responding to "in the order they were received", it's amazing that there is not one Pinsider here who has gotten a response yet?

possibly he is still on dial-up?

#4129 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Nucor might be a bit of an ironic example here.
The Nucor situation reminds me a bit of the scene from Pirate of Silicon Valley when Jobs starts whining that Gates stole from Apple only to be schooled by Gates when he calls out Apple for stealing from Xerox....
» YouTube video

Only we stole nothing. That will be proven.

#4130 9 years ago

I wonder if the SKITB paypal account is still up and running? If there were any sense of financial shenanigans by paypal as reported to them from other paypal customers, I would think they would shut down the service on that account?

#4131 9 years ago
takenforaride.jpgtakenforaride.jpg
#4132 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Only we stole nothing. That will be proven.

Neither did Apple- according to them.

Fair point though, I guess we wait for the result of the lawsuit for the details....

#4133 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I've just been correcting people who clearly misunderstand the situation.

And now I'm reporting you to the moderators. Told you to stop screwing with quotes.

#4134 9 years ago

I don't see any reason for Kevin to be contacting anyone on the list individually unless it is to do a paypal refund. Any other correspondence should be applicable to anyone in on the pre-order. Only the amount of money involved can be different (and maybe if you want it back or not). But any correspondence should go to all of us at once so we know what he is doing. I don't think he is really emailing anyone, just using this as another stall tactic. But if anyone does get an email I would love to hear about it and be proved wrong about him stalling. But I don't have much hope for that now as so much time as passed since he made that statement.

#4135 9 years ago

I have been reading this thread with interest as most are. I don't have any "skin" in the game nor know anybody involved. From all accounts with everyone that knows Kevin he doesn't seem like a bad guy - just someone that got in over his head. He apparently made bad decision after bad decision but it seems like he always thought he could pull it off. Listening to the podcast he thought he had a liscense and when he found out he didn't he probably thought he could obtain the right one. Reading what Aaron from fast pinball said he is trying to work out the best possible solution. Stop reminding the pre-order people about the most dire scenario. They already know. If it were my friends and family that were involved I would discuss the situation with them if they wanted to and let it go. I would not keep reminding them constantly of their decision and pointing out the most negative outcome.

#4136 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And now I'm reporting you to the moderators. Told you to stop screwing with quotes.

... I haven't changed any quotes wtf are you on about?

#4137 9 years ago
Quoted from Shorty:

I have been reading this thread with interest as most are. I don't have any "skin" in the game nor know anybody involved. From all accounts with everyone that knows Kevin he doesn't seem like a bad guy - just someone that got in over his head. He apparently made bad decision after bad decision but it seems like he always thought he could pull it off. Listening to the podcast he thought he had a liscense and when he found out he didn't he probably thought he could obtain the right one. Reading what Aaron from fast pinball said he is trying to work out the best possible solution. Stop reminding the pre-order people about the most dire scenario. They already know. If it were my friends and family that were involved I would discuss the situation with them if they wanted to and let it go. I would not keep reminding them constantly of their decision and pointing out the most negative outcome.

Well put. Thank you.
Seems to be quite a plethora of different views of what's going on. Myself included, we will see soon one way or another.

#4138 9 years ago
Quoted from Shorty:

Reading what Aaron from fast pinball said he is trying to work out the best possible solution.

He also said a lot of other shit that was shown to be untrue, most recently the fact that he would reply to the people emailing him or people asking for refunds. His word means nothing until he starts refunding people that want out, until then, he's a complete liar.

#4139 9 years ago
Quoted from cooldan:

It is time

#4140 9 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

I wonder if the SKITB paypal account is still up and running? If there were any sense of financial shenanigans by paypal as reported to them from other paypal customers, I would think they would shut down the service on that account?

Probably part of the reason why refunds took so long is because the money was moved out of paypal and into a personal/business account. Moving around large sums of money probably throws flags at paypal, he probably moved it out of paypal as fast as he could. Would allow him more freedom and less accountability/traceability.

#4141 9 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

As awful as sending him more money sounds, might be worth sending a buck to see what happens...

#4142 9 years ago

There's probably no response as whatever strategy he had in his head when he sent the email out evaporated immediately when it was not received well and got tons / majority of people sending in refund requests. Hopefully he's working on the new strategy where everyone gets refunded % on the dollar (he may honestly not know how to do that fairly yet). Presuming PayPal hasnt locked the account down which would be some other wrinkle he has to deal with.. But he should be up front about that

#4143 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

As awful as sending him more money sounds, might be worth sending a buck to see what happens...

You can send money to any email address through paypal. It doesn't have to be signed up for an account.

#4144 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

... I haven't changed any quotes wtf are you on about?

Reread my previous post, seemed you misquoted, but your just being, well, a something or other.

#4145 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You can send money to any email address through paypal. It doesn't have to be signed up for an account.

If the associated paypal account was suspended or locked, wouldn't it get kicked back?

#4146 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder when people are going to start contacting IP owners for every other pin manufacturer. Has anyone reached out to WWE to make sure Stern has the license? game of Thrones is rumored to be next, anyone know they have the correct IP rights acquired?
Are people actively reaching out to make sure Alien is licensed.
Has Mr. x contacted the hobbit IP holders also?

Congratulations, you're an <edited>.

edit:
RareHero beat me to it on the congrats, and said it better than me:

Quoted from Rarehero:

You're officially the dumbest person on Pinside. Congrats.

#4147 9 years ago

So is this a reasonable timeline everyone can agree on, giving Kevin the benefit of the doubt that he had good intentions to begin with? Feel free to fill in any blanks I am missing, or correct anything I have wrong (sources: Emails, PBN, Internet archive):

June 2011: Announced intention to build predator after getting license approval, which apparently was fair use guidelines and not a commercial license.

March 2012: first whitewoods shown, pre-order list is established under the "No money required until production" promise. I got my number 112 5-10-2012.

November 2012: $250 deposites were requested from everyone He also announced many deals with contractors guaranteeing the low price, guaranteeing the final price wouldn't rise. Benefit of the doubt states that he just had no idea what an actual build would cost beyond the parts.

Feb 2013: I was told by Steven Woods, their "Build Manager", told me the code was 100% finished and tested. They later bailed on TPF because, as Kevin told me, "the game is just going through too many changes right now to get it back together in time".

April 2013: Game shows at MPE, art is revealed, Virtual pin announced as cab mfg. Also that month, incentives are announced to try to get people to pre-pay up to the full cost of the machine.

August 2013: I had moved from build spot 99 to 83, so 16 drop outs over the last year or so in the first 100, probably due to the $250 deposit.

October 2013: Disastrous showing at Expo. Duck hunt and sonic side projects were shown. Website was scrubbed of any mention of Predator. This disclaimer was added to their website:

"Absolutely none of the items featured on this site or any of its affiliates are for commercial sale or use unless explicitly stated otherwise.
All images and likenesses used on this site are and remain copyrights of their respective owners."

OBVIOUSLY this is the time the C&D was issued.

Nov. 2013: I asked for my refund, it took multiple emails, excuses about junk folders, and about a month to get my deposit back.

Dec. 2013: Aaron (klumpp) has been removed from the website.

Feb. 2014: Mission complete video, deadline set for first $3k payment.

June 2014: Deadline for full payment. Funhouse 2.0 announced.

July 2014: Game 2, EOD announced.

Dec. 2014: Announcement of bi-weekly emails, Also claimed License was fine.

March 2015: Email 1: Certain parties threaten my very existence, major issues need handling immediately.

Email 2: Project not imploding, Everything moving along despite certain nefarious parties.

Email 3: Apology for silence, I can't build them myself, unnamed experience manufacturer is being contacted, the License wasn't what I thought it was. contact me right away for refunds.

Email 4: sorry, overwhelmed with emails, responding in order we received, will get to your's soon.

Aaron (fast) also revealed that Kevin read to him what he presented as the terms of a license, which Aaron said sounded more like the terms of fair use, in the last 2 weeks.

To me it seems impossible that Kevin's license realization only came in the last 2 weeks.

#4148 9 years ago

Well....the Shockers beat KU.....

wichita-state-cheeleaders1.jpgwichita-state-cheeleaders1.jpg wichita-state-cheerleaders.jpgwichita-state-cheerleaders.jpg 101614madness_fs21.JPG101614madness_fs21.JPG
#4149 9 years ago
Still waiting Kevin.jpgStill waiting Kevin.jpg
#4150 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If the associated paypal account was suspended or locked, wouldn't it get kicked back?

Save your money dude. Kevin shouldn't get a single cent more from anybody. Ever.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.