New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 108377)

The Official Pinside Kevin Kulek Skit-B Predator Discussion

By Xerico

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18,418 posts
  • 824 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200619_181740 (resized).jpg
20181223_161836 (resized).jpg
E16C0850-4F24-4E9B-AC12-7791B43AF112 (resized).jpeg
Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18418 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 369.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Has anyone considered mr.x is Kevin's partner that left? What's his name?

I have no idea who Mr. X is, but Kevin's partner or colleague at Skit-B Pinball was Aaron Klumpp. I'm not sure what the actual business arrangement was between the two?

I did run across a lengthy video of both Kevin and Aaron holding a seminar at the NWPAS 2013. The video is dated Jun 12, 2013...

At that point, Aaron seemed fully engaged. When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

Myth busters is a neat show, but it's run it's course. This statement of disbelief, "I can't believe they'd sign on with Skit-B" is rather silly because what do they have to lose? Do you really think some other company would give them any money for a pin license? We're talking a D-list show/title. Those guys aren't billionaires, so if someone pays to fly them to a show and gives them a percentage of the action...why not? It's no different than all the actors that do autograph sessions at conventions. A better title would've been Pawn Stars because those guys are at least more interesting and more current. Regardless, the choice of title, artwork, and follow-through does show a continuation of poor business decisions. However, my $3k is still with Predator and I'm drinking the Kool-Aid that it will still come to fruition. Fortunately, I'm in the position where that $3k isn't going to make or break me and I knew the risks going in.

You and me both. I'll wait for Martin's article, then see what happens. Maybe Kevin will send another email in the interim. Lots could happen; or nothing.
I just want my pin and put this mess behind me. I've got no judgements on Kevin, because there are a shit ton, SHIT TON of highly intelligent folks on PS, and I am directly involved with that brain trust, so if Kevin managed to 'scam' anyone over this time, he would've been up against the Apex Predators of this world, accumulated in one website.

I'd like to think Kevin isn't that shady or smart . ( sorry man, but you'd have to be a friggen high IQ evil genius to pull that off here!).

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'll wait for Martin's article, then see what happens.

Same.

#4054 5 years ago

It is really sickening to see people enjoying watching 250 fellow pinsiders lose $5k.
Do you laugh at people when their houses burn down, too?
Do you laugh at funerals?
Some people have mental illness.

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Only one thing is for sure:
This has the makings of an absolutely EPIC "Hitler Reacts" video.

Maybe when I get back to the states, stay tuned.

Edit: If I do make the video it's to poke fun at the situation, not to laugh or put down people that lost money. I don't think its funny what Kevin did and I strongly sympathies with all who are out money. I am a professional, but my family is blue collar construction. One time my dad started a buisness of his own, he paid hit workers and for materials did the job etc.. But didn't get paid fully for the job, there was a bancrupsy of the people he did the job for and he got pennies on the dollar even though he had paid for all his workers and materials etc.. It made my dad end up folding his buisness and going to work for another company. I sympathize with you guys that are out money.

But at the same time, if I make a video, it will be to poke fun of the situation (as if Hitler was pre-paid). This would not mean I'm laughing at you guys that are out of pocket. But more to say this has turned into a tragicomedy.

#4056 5 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this

Well Rob you are correct. They are easy to spot.

#4057 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You and me both. I'll wait for Martin's article, then see what happens. Maybe Kevin will send another email in the interim. Lots could happen; or nothing.
I just want my pin and put this mess behind me. I've got no judgements on Kevin, because there are a shit ton, SHIT TON of highly intelligent folks on PS, and I am directly involved with that brain trust, so if Kevin managed to 'scam' anyone over this time, he would've been up against the Apex Predators of this world, accumulated in one website.
I'd like to think Kevin isn't that shady or smart . ( sorry man, but you'd have to be a friggen high IQ evil genius to pull that off here!).

He didn't pull it off, there have been people telling you what's been going on for years and you chose to ignore it.

#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It is really sickening to see people enjoying watching 250 fellow pinsiders lose $5k.

No one was laughing or having fun here. ( other than the boob pics.)
He just didn't convey his thoughts correctly. It's cool.

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Well said.....I'm optimistic that this truly won't be the case for fellow pinsiders

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was posing a genuine question. For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

whysnow.jpg

#4061 5 years ago

I do have one overall question with regards to some of the posts about bankruptcy and stuff...if he actually has it in an LLC and not a non-profit (which it's a little unclear), wouldn't he essentially be protected from that? Like he could refund the deposits, Fox sues him and bankrupts the LLC, but Kevin would be protected financially?

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You sure know a lot about when Mr. X was doing things.
Does ... does, he talk to you sometimes?
Does he look like this?
Mr. X (Click image to enlarge)

LOL!

#4063 5 years ago

The LLC protects him under most cases. Criminality is not one of them.

Additionally, we're not even sure that any entity exists in any form. In which case, he'll want to disappear quickly

#4064 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

He didn't pull it off, there have been people telling you what's been going on for years and you chose to ignore it.

Stop it. Just stop. You're presenting this thread as facts. I will choose to ignore something else if you keep it up.

Thanks for looking out for my best interests, I'm a big boy now.

I saw everything everyone else saw. My judgement is based on info from those involved. Fox studios, Kevin Kulek. Aaron? Not so much as he's been out since 2013.

And no one has 'pulled off' anything as far as we know until we know. And right now we don't know.

I'm sure there may be a few with inside info that were involved, Charlie Emery with pf's, Matt from back alley, maybe some vendors, but until we can collect statements from these folks and some others, nothing is proven.

#4065 5 years ago

I thought there was a reference to Unicorns somewhere in this thread, it may be time to have a beer with them.

NvU.jpg

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder when people are going to start contacting IP owners for every other pin manufacturer. Has anyone reached out to WWE to make sure Stern has the license? game of Thrones is rumored to be next, anyone know they have the correct IP rights acquired?
Are people actively reaching out to make sure Alien is licensed.
Has Mr. x contacted the hobbit IP holders also?

You need to stop defending Kevin, he's a clown. No two ways about it, to suggest that Jack or Gary Stern are as tissue thin as Kevin is totally uncalled for. Are you blind? WWE, The Hobbit, WoZ, SM, LOTR. POTC, Tron. We're dealing with Disney, WWE, Paramount, WB. These are the heavy hitters. Disney alone make more money in 8 hrs, than Stern pinabll company makes in a year.

Anyway, stop kissing Kevin's ass, he is the only one to blame for this fiasco, not Jack, not Gary, not Mr X. If Kevin had what he needed and what he said he had, there wouuld not be this fiasco.

To insunuate anything against Stern or JJP is pathetic.

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

There was never a publicly stated reason that I know of. $50 says he knew the thing was unlicensed and Kevin was going to try shady shit so he bailed.

*To be clear, I am referring to Aaron Klump - Kevin's former partner. *NOT* Aaron from FAST Pinball*

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

At that point, Aaron seemed fully engaged. When did he actually leave the project, and what was the stated reason?

As I remember it, Aaron left around November/December 2013 and no reason was ever given.

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

There was never a publicly stated reason that I know of. $50 says he knew the thing was unlicensed and Kevin was going to try shady shit so he bailed.

There are hints of that earlier in the thread

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stop it. Just stop. You're presenting this thread as facts. I will choose to ignore something else if you keep it up.
Thanks for looking out for my best interests, I'm a big boy now.
I saw everything everyone else saw. My judgement is based on info from those involved. Fox studios, Kevin Kulek. Aaron? Not so much as he's been out since 2013.
And no one has 'pulled off' anything as far as we know until we know. And right now we don't know.
I'm sure there may be a few with inside info that were involved, Charlie Emery with pf's, Matt from back alley, maybe some vendors, but until we can collect statements from these folks and some others, nothing is proven.

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the Predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

OHHH you are talking about the wrong Aaron, that's why you're confused. Aaron from FAST Pinball is the one who gave us the information. Not former partner Aaron.

#4072 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm curious as to why you don't consider Aaron involved, as he is very much "inside," is a major part of EOD, is Kevin's close friend, and said himself that he has been given up to date information about the Predator project and the licensing issues. He is directly advising as per his own words. Your judgement is based on Aaron being "out since 2013" so... obviously your judgement is based on something that is completely untrue?

Aaron Klump vs Aaron Davis, two different people

*edit: you beat me to it

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

OHHH you are talking about the wrong Aaron, that's why you're confused. Aaron from FAST Pinball is the one who gave us the information. Not former partner Aaron.

I thought they are the same Aaron

#4074 5 years ago

I thought they were one in the same too

#4075 5 years ago

You love throwing around certain words. Obviously, knowingly, ignoring.

Taking a step back, my turn to confront: I asked before, just curious, how much of your money in the PRED project is in potential jeopardy?

I don't know if Aaron was involved in anything other than r&d. Maybe he's the mastermind? Cmon man. How could I? You? Anyone right now? I get you're angry. I'm not as angry as much as disappointed in Kevin's handling of info and communicado.

So please just let us know how much you invested please, would go a long way to keeping your agenda valid in this thread.

Hi. My name's Rick and I was a preorder-aholic.

Edit: forgot there were two Aaron's! My mistake! Apologies!!

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

I thought they were one in the same too

No, the Aaron who told us there is no license is Aaron of FAST pinball, he is Kevin's close confidante and knows exactly what is going on. It is not the former partner who left the project. Keeping that in mind, re-read what he says on page 70 and you will see that there is no room for false hope here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

#4077 5 years ago

Yeah, regardless of who it was with the direct connection to kevin saying that, it was ominous

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I have no idea who Mr. X is, but Kevin's partner or colleague at Skit-B Pinball was Aaron Klumpp. I'm not sure what the actual business arrangement was between the two?
I did run across a lengthy video of both Kevin and Aaron holding a seminar at the NWPAS 2013. The video is dated Jun 12, 2013...
» YouTube video

There is a quick mention of Fox and the deal with Paypal within the first 4 or 5 minutes of this video.

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Well Rob you are correct. They are easy to spot.

Yep!

#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?
If so, he's really going to be in deep shit.

I'm not against Kevin per say, let's call him a bad buisnessman at best. But if he collected/demanded $3000 for deposits after the C&D from Fox, I would expect he does some time in jail because that's not cool. It's one thing to be a duffas, but if he was running a long con IMO that's very serious.

I have not inside knowledge, but let's hope Kevin is just dumb rather than a criminal.

#4081 5 years ago

Hopefully it's all archived so we can submit it as evidence should he choose not to issue refunds for people that asked...

#4082 5 years ago

I'm #10 if any of you want too start a group conversation between owners on what to do in this horrible situation please pm me.

#4083 5 years ago

dog_the_bounty_hunter-1510.jpg

#4084 5 years ago

Time to call in the big dogs

#4085 5 years ago

Marsellus.png

#4086 5 years ago

No reason was acknowledged for Klump leaving. I saw on Facebook that he works for a body shop. Skit-b's pinside bio says they grew up operating arcades. He was listed on the site as the guy who was going to build the cabinets. I always assumed he left because the project got too big and wasn't just for fun anymore. Basically, I think he realized he was in over his head and got out.

And YK. I don't know about years man. I only started hearing the license rumors the past couple months.

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So please just let us know how much you invested please, would go a long way to keeping your agenda valid in this thread.

It's funny how none of the people who look at the evidence and are interested in finding the truth of the situation have asked me that question. But basically everybody who blindly defends skit-b and kevin jumps straight to it.

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

And YK. I don't know about years man. I only started hearing the license rumors the past couple months.

Yeah I'm probably exaggerating. I can't remember when the first reports came that people were calling FOX and checking out the license. Maybe last sept/oct?

#4089 5 years ago

I remember license rumors from right after the website cleanse.

Not about calling fox, but about not having a license. People said it didn't exist or maybe expired

#4090 5 years ago

It's alright, after Skynet goes live, it won't be long until we have the technology to send one of us back in time to... Ah f*ck, wrong movie.

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure a lot of whatever is happening behind the scenes right now is to SAVE EoD. Somehow pull something off where the company can still exist and proceed with their next game, which they've apparently spent a lot of time (and money) working on.

By save their next pin do you mean changing it to a theme that people would be remotely interested in?

Face it. The only reason anyone outside of his immediate family and friends/coworkers ever knew who Kevin is, is because he leached onto Predator.

Here's me, I live with my mom, she also runs my company and cuts the crust off my sandwiches. Now I'm going to build a pin called EOD it's about something (Myth busters or somethig that's on some cable channel, maybe some people have seen it?).

Same sentence as above except substitute Predator or Star Wars or Pulp Fiction and you have a lot of people's attention.

#4092 5 years ago

Regardless of how this turns out, I don't think it's best for kevin to be openly involved with any games/monetary transactions again.

Even if it was all rainbows and butterflies tomorrow, NOONE is going through this shit again

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

NOONE is going through this shit again

Odin? Calling Mr. Odin!! A Pinside post is in need of a response!

#4094 5 years ago

Just curious, when you guys preorder this game, do you get a receipt or some sort of contract saying what you are paying for?

#4095 5 years ago

There's plenty of paperwork on the buyers' side of things. The seller's? That remains to be seen

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

» YouTube video

Once Aaron left, I was 99.9 out the door, it seemed odd, also there was no explanation why even though it was asked at the time. Also Aaron really seemed like the brains of that duo, at one time early on I though Aaron was Kevin and Kevin was some kid tag along who was there for comic relief.

#4097 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here's me, I live with my mom, she also runs my company and cuts the crust off my sandwiches.

Maybe Jpop has the same mom, but instead the crust is an empty pinball cabinet with totally RadCal side art.

image.jpg

#4098 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just curious, when you guys preorder this game, do you get a receipt or some sort of contract saying what you are paying for?

I made a point to put exactly what the payment was for, but doubtful it will help since he dragged out the timeframe past the 180 days you have to dispute with PayPal. So unless someone has guidance on how to handle it with the bank, I am completely handcuffed to Kevin...
Untitled-2.jpg

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It's funny how none of the people who look at the evidence and are interested in finding the truth of the situation have asked me that question. But basically everybody who blindly defends skit-b and kevin jumps straight to it.

Yk, I'm not on trial here, and neither are you. So since you are skirting the question, I'll join the fray and assume none. No money. So in that respect, I would like to know why you are taking such a vendetta in this thread?

If you again choose to ignore the question, It will go a long way to turning your accusations around, and no one here wants that to happen.

The question is asked of you, by many as you say, because it is a valid indication of involvement in this project. I'm involved by sending Skitb my support in the form of $4750 in exchange for goods. Are you in the same boat? Are you one of us?

#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I made a point to put exactly what the payment was for, but doubtful it will help since he dragged out the timeframe past the 180 days you have to dispute with PayPal. So unless someone has guidance on how to handle it with the bank, I am completely handcuffed to Kevin...
Untitled-2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm sorry Nibbles.

You're not alone if that's any comfort at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 9.00
$ 89.99
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 14.95
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 18418 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 369.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside