Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 366.
#4001 4 years ago

Can't believe we haven't heard from mr. x yet

2015-03-22-12-09-40-2080120257.jpeg
#4002 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait a sec... Mr x was contacting IP holders well before any internet purging. they were contacting fox well before any real reason to question anything. If any of you support this then you should also support similar actions for each and every pinball maker.

I guess I support not lying and trying to sneak one under the radar, it's not anyone's fault but his if he didn't understand his license (if he had any at all). And I'm sure if you call out other manufacturers on their license, I'm pretty sure they had one before they even started down the path of even building a proto design.

#4003 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE?

Dude, it is WAY too early to be drinking whatever it is you're drinking.

#4004 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait a sec... Mr x was contacting IP holders well before any internet purging.

And well after SkitB sold you something they didn't own.

#4005 4 years ago

If this was a "choose your own ending" book, I'd have whysnow get his game a day after he lost the bet, and then arrested for possession of stolen property.

Oh, and everyone else gets full refunds, of course

#4006 4 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

If this was a "choose your own ending" book, I'd have whysnow get his game a day after he lost the bet, and then arrested for possession of stolen property.
Oh, and everyone else gets full refunds, of course

Thats the first time I've laughed at this whole shit storm.

#4007 4 years ago

It is interesting to see the people who attack those who are bringing the truth out into the open as "the bad guys." Strange psychological reaction.

#4008 4 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Thats the first time I've laughed at this whole shit storm.

That's about all you can do, this is absolutely awful.

#4009 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Dude, it is WAY too early to be drinking whatever it is you're drinking.

Im on vacation. There are no rules

#4010 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It is interesting to see the people who attack those who are bringing the truth out into the open as "the bad guys." Strange psychological reaction.

The Five Stages of Grief:

1. Denial
2. Anger <---
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

-- Swiss Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, 1969

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

#4011 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

WhysNow, Stern actually delivers when they take your money. JJP had proven themselves too. We've seen that neither Skit-B and Dutch pinball have proven themselves. I would ask that Aliens owners request proof.
And in the future, don't preorder from unproven people without proof.

^^^^This

If the rest of you take a second before attacking Whysnow, like playboywillis, theres good advice burried there. Wasn't there a debacle on TBL as well, partially related to license issues where Roger Sharpe was called in? Now whysnow is stretching on Stern and JJP to be dramatic, but good advice to confirm Dutch and Heighway have their ducks in order and anyone after them.

#4012 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?
If so, he's really going to be in deep shit.

Spot on Rob, for his sake I hope that's not the case. Deep shit is right

#4013 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im on vacation. There are no rules

First sensible thing you've said all thread.

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait a sec... Mr x was contacting IP holders well before any internet purging. they were contacting fox well before any real reason to question anything. If any of you support this then you should also support similar actions for each and every pinball maker.

#4017 4 years ago

isn't it sexist of us to say this person or group of people are "mr" X ?
can anyone say it isn't Ms XXX ?

ms-x-1.jpg

#4018 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Im on vacation.

from your senses?

Enjoy.

#4019 4 years ago

I was at CAX and could't believe there was no talk of Predator only EOD. Is the Mythbuster guys still on board and how much did they know before getting involved with Skit-B.?images.jpeg

#4020 4 years ago

Has anyone considered mr.x is Kevin's partner that left? What's his name?

#4021 4 years ago

I'd prefer a funny/punny code name like IP Freely

#4022 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I was at CAX and could't believe there was no talk of Predator only EOD. Is the Mythbuster guys still on board and how much did they know before getting involved with Skit-B.?images.jpeg

OH MY GOD, THAT'S IT!!!

The Mythbusters are going to come in and solve the predator mystery as the promotion for their game, then they both ship the next day

#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Haha, I'm starting to quesiton if they were ever on board.

#4024 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

The Five Stages of Grief:
1. Denial
2. Anger <---
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance
-- Swiss Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, 1969
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

This is a funny video of what you described above.

#4025 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Has Mr. x contacted the hobbit IP holders also?

Knock yourself out.

I guess you could take that multiple ways.

#4026 4 years ago

I'm sure a lot of whatever is happening behind the scenes right now is to SAVE EoD. Somehow pull something off where the company can still exist and proceed with their next game, which they've apparently spent a lot of time (and money) working on.

#4027 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is like the tv show Cheaters, where the dude who was caught being a dirty dog tries to turn the tables "You had me followed?!!?!?!" queue the outrage.

Why does it have to be a dude D: ???? Sexist!

#4028 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was posing a genuine question. For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

You're officially the dumbest person on Pinside. Congrats.

Stern makes officially licensed product, has been since the 90's - cultivated relationships with studios and has never been in trouble for breaking the rules of the licensor. There's no precedent to think they're doing what Shit-Mask did.

When are you finally going to start directing your anger at the right person. KEVIN. He's the one who fucked you and 249 others.

#4029 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure a lot of whatever is happening behind the scenes right now is to SAVE EoD. Somehow pull something off where the company can still exist and proceed with their next game, which they've apparently spent a lot of time (and money) working on.

I think EOD has ED and is DOA.

#4030 4 years ago

How much predator $ are invested in EOD?

#4031 4 years ago

I hope Adam can bust this one out and explain all the myths.260633-i.png

#4032 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure a lot of whatever is happening behind the scenes right now is to SAVE EoD

For who?

#4033 4 years ago

Yup. Exactly. Just another in the long line of questionable business decisions that even if this license thing didn't blow up there were a million other ways things could have imploded.

#4034 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The problem is the $$$ spent on EOD was likely siphoned off the predator pre-order account.

So if that title never sees the light of day (seems nearly IMPOSSIBLE at this point), THAT cash doesn't get recouped either and it just reduces further the funds to repay Predator folks.

I cant even imagine a scenario where they could find 249 people to join Whysnow and send them more money for another title.

#4036 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yup. Exactly....there were a million other ways things could have imploded.

Building pinball machines is hard to do and so is breaking up.

#4037 4 years ago
thomas-paine-arguing-600x305.jpg
#4038 4 years ago

Was there an invoice sent out when the PayPal payments were sent? I know Cliff sends out invoices when you pay him for his protectors. I'm just curious how these payments were processed. I don't buy a lot of things using PayPal.

#4039 4 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Was there an invoice sent out when the PayPal payments were sent? I know Cliff sends out invoices when you pay him for his protectors. I'm just curious how these payments were processed. I don't buy a lot of things using PayPal.

You can get your transaction ID and the details of the payment on PayPal, just search prior activity and the date you sent payment.

#4040 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You can get your transaction ID and the details of the payment on PayPal, just search prior activity and the date you sent payment.

I'm not in on this Nibbles, I'm just curious on how the payments were processed by Skit-B. I would hope they sent out invoices.

#4041 4 years ago

I wonder if it would accomplish anything to hit 'reply all' on the manufacturing schedule email that Kevin sent out with every persons email address listed, even though many may have dropped off, get a single email to which everyone can reply to try and get him to talk.

#4042 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I wonder if it would accomplish anything to hit 'reply all' on the manufacturing schedule email that Kevin sent out with every persons email address listed, even though many may have dropped off, get a single email to which everyone can reply to try and get him to talk.

Those usually end up being a big confusing mess. I don't think you would get your desired result anyway.

#4043 4 years ago

He knows pinside's address

#4044 4 years ago

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this but wondering:

1) Is Whysnow affiliated with this project somehow? I don't understand the logic/reasoning behind any of his/her posts.

2) Is there a "list"? Like, do the 250 know who the rest of the 250 are? Is it possible there are more/less people?

3) When Kevin said he doesn't care about/like money didn't that set of the warning bells? That's some scammer talk right there, even though everyone purports he's a good guy. Anyone who establishes a capitalistic venture better damn well care about the $$. Also this nonprofit talk, that's scammer speak for tax evasion.

4) Do any of the buyers actually believe they didn't pay for his house?

#4045 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this

Glad you're having a fucking giggle m8

#4046 4 years ago

Myth busters is a neat show, but it's run it's course. This statement of disbelief, "I can't believe they'd sign on with Skit-B" is rather silly because what do they have to lose? Do you really think some other company would give them any money for a pin license? We're talking a D-list show/title. Those guys aren't billionaires, so if someone pays to fly them to a show and gives them a percentage of the action...why not? It's no different than all the actors that do autograph sessions at conventions. A better title would've been Pawn Stars because those guys are at least more interesting and more current. Regardless, the choice of title, artwork, and follow-through does show a continuation of poor business decisions. However, my $3k is still with Predator and I'm drinking the Kool-Aid that it will still come to fruition. Fortunately, I'm in the position where that $3k isn't going to make or break me and I knew the risks going in.

#4047 4 years ago

Also, when he said he doesn't care for money… that was your guys money he's talking about

#4048 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this ....

there would have been better choices of words to use than "enjoying"....

#4049 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

Also, when he said he doesn't care for money… that was your guys money he's talking about

Edit/ delete not worth it.....

#4050 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I'm just a spectator enjoying all of this

Dude please tell me your not enjoying this? a lot of good people could get burned here. The thought of this project imploding makes my stomach turn!

Disclaimer: my name is Sean and I am a pre order-aholic, it has been 7 months since my last preorder.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 117.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 64.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside