Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 366.
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Shi*! This has the makings of a pinball documentary mini-series or a Jack Black comedy.

I've chatted with coworkers whom have no interest in pinball, about this thread, and their compelled by the story. This is years in the making and has enough drama to fill a documentary and enough pathos to make Jack black cry.

Edit:
Where's the guy eating popcorn gif?

#3952 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Shi*! This has the makings of a pinball documentary mini-series or a Jack Black comedy.

there are several masters theses just waiting to be written about any number of events in the last 4-5 years about "start up" companies in the midst of a booming niche market... both from a business standpoint, and from the "crowd psychology" standpoint...

#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well if he doesn't post something early next week you can mark something in the "full of shit" column for the anonymous email people, because that's what they're claiming.
Here, this is the last message they sent me when I said just post everything public yourself (if you don't want me to share your emails without permission then have the balls to send then to me not anonymously, and I'll respect that, but I don't know who you are, and I didn't ask for them):
"No. Only about 9 people total have the information. You being one of them.
We cannot just throw it public, as we have worked on this with Martin at Pinball News for 3 months now. He's got everything researched, vetted, and even Kevin's defense/statement on the truth. He's got the recordings of the phone calls with the Fox lead attorney, if he's ever challenged. He's got it all. We ended up falling into the story, but it's Martin's scoop. It's also his decision when to publish. Since Kevin is involved in providing counterpoint to the editorial, Kevin keeps buying time by presenting "hope" and by doing so, keeps getting reprieve for another 2-4 weeks. Martin backs off publishing... and this has been going on and on for months now.
We're currently trying to nudge Martin to publish and just get it over with, so the whole hobby can know what Kevin did and the trouble he has been in the last 3 months. We'll see where that goes. As the group that presented Martin the story in the first place, we do hold the ability to publish ourselves using another service. It's Martin's call. We've asked him to make a final decision and set a publishing date.
PS: Cannot believe what we sent, you don't think it's legit. Every single word, and Kevin's unthinkable gamble and getting caught by Fox, are absolutely true. We only selected you as one of the initial recipients to be seeded with the truth, because you are adult and rational. It's a freaking shame the owners don't know yet. Yes, they certainly deserve to know. We're working on that.
Sorry to have bothered you."

WOW. Just wow. Based on the tone of this email it is very clear now that this isn't just smoke ... but a raging fire. I feel terrible for everyone with money in this (and like many others, I was "this close" to buying in myself.) People don't need an article from Pinball News to confirm they're screwed. THEY NEED KEVIN TO MAN UP AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS AND EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY (PERCENTAGE) THEY CAN REASONABLY EXPECT TO GET BACK.

MAN UP Kevin and don't let Pinball News be the one to break the story to your customers.

#3954 4 years ago
image.jpg image-512.jpg image-563.jpg
#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Pretty sure going forward its going to take way more than that to get money out folks again.

I totally agree, but any of these questions with real answers provided should have stopped this project dead in the tracks. These problems addressed early enough might have resulted in a successful project. I just think very unlikely at this point.

#3956 4 years ago

Wow. I am really sorry to hear all of this for you all with money on this. I hope something works out for you.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I totally agree, but any of these questions with real answers provided should have stopped this project dead in the tracks.

Timing! Like some of the hedge fund rip offs. It was the height of the fever and he was out here at shows and on pinside. It was real enough because people knew him in a sort of personal way and therefore blind trust. Plus I truly believe he was genuine in intent. Just needed what we have learned from Jpop as well. An organization making it happen and crossing the Ts.
Again it will be very hard to re create the moment.

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

THEY NEED KEVIN TO MAN UP AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS AND EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY (PERCENTAGE) THEY CAN REASONABLY EXPECT TO GET BACK.
MAN UP Kevin and don't let Pinball News be the one to break the story to your customers.

See my post a few pages ago and 20 pages before that, I asked him to man up ages ago. Kevin is too busy considering "options", talking to people and trying to cover his ass to post the truth, to tell us that we will or will not get any money back.

He's facing reality that the machine won't be produced and that he may go to jail and yet he still can't be honest, 250 people vouching FOR you in court is way better than 1000 people baying for your blood.

#3959 4 years ago

I wonder when people are going to start contacting IP owners for every other pin manufacturer. Has anyone reached out to WWE to make sure Stern has the license? game of Thrones is rumored to be next, anyone know they have the correct IP rights acquired?

Are people actively reaching out to make sure Alien is licensed.

Has Mr. x contacted the hobbit IP holders also?

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

THEY NEED KEVIN TO MAN UP AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT THE SITUATION IS AND EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY (PERCENTAGE) THEY CAN REASONABLY EXPECT TO GET BACK.

Unfortunately if what I have read is true and there are threats of criminal charges, federal lawsuits, etc. - I would be very surprised to hear any formal statement from Kevin other than the business has failed and is bankrupt. For if he started to try and estimate how much money is left, able to be dispersed, etc - he would more than likely add to his quickly rising legal issues.

At this point, I would assume the money is lost and chalk it up to another hard lesson of pre-orders.

#3961 4 years ago

The phone number they used to call Kevin on the OZ podcast is the same as what he has listed on his whois for skitbpinball.com, so that info is correct

#3962 4 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Unfortunately if what I have read is true and there are threats of criminal charges, federal lawsuits, etc. - I would be very surprised to hear any formal statement from Kevin other than the business has failed and is bankrupt. For if he started to try and estimate how much money is left, able to be dispersed, etc - he would more than likely add to his quickly rising legal issues.
At this point, I would assume the money is lost and chalk it up to another hard lesson of pre-orders.

^^ another helpful remark from a non buyer?

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

^^ another helpful remark from a non buyer.

That's what I'm going to say when kevin replies

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I wonder when people are going to start contacting IP owners for every other pin manufacturer. Has anyone reached out to WWE to make sure Stern has the license? game of Thrones is rumored to be next, anyone know they have the correct IP rights acquired?

Why are you so bitter that this has come to light? I don't get it. Even if the licensing issue didn't bring this to light right now, you still seem to be under the illusion that Kevin was ever capable of building 250 of these games. I'm sure you're as upset as everyone else about the situation but you shouldn't be blaming anyone but Kevin at this point. Lies, lies, and more lies.

#3965 4 years ago

I'm just curious how many more posts in this thread until Martin releases his info.

Including my .02, I'm saying, about, uhm, 491 more.

#3966 4 years ago

What's the over/under? One way to bet my money back!

#3967 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dude... you are REALLY reaching now...

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Why are you so bitter that this has come to light? I don't get it. Even if the licensing issue didn't bring this to light right now, you still seem to be under the illusion that Kevin was ever capable of building 250 of these games. I'm sure you're as upset as everyone else about the situation but you shouldn't be blaming anyone but Kevin at this point. Lies, lies, and more lies.

I was posing a genuine question. For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

There was suspicion of Predator. They called. It's been apparently proven. No other manufacturer is under that suspicion. But if it makes you feel better, have at it.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was posing a genuine question. For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers? Has anyone seen proof that Stern actually has the full IP rights for WWE? If the lesson learned here is supposed to be trust noone, then why would you not support people actively reaching out to all IP holders?

Fuck me man, why can't you understand people were trying to protect US, the cat was already out of the bag, that's why they started digging.

Guess what? THEY FOUND DIRT

Accept that Kevin is at best economical with the truth here and at worst, well we all know what he is at worst sadly.

Get a grip with regards to Stern, JJP and Heighway, they all are professional companies who dot i's and cross t's when it comes to their licensing agreements.

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have officially slumped to a new low.
Are you serious? Serious?
Because Stern, JJP, and every other manufacturer out there displays their titles online, for one. They don't hide their games. They also have a track record.

You have officially "lost it" WhySnow. Time to take a break until rational thought returns.

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For those that are all for mr x contacting Fox concerning the license for pred, why are you against the same actions for all other games from other manufacturers?

I don't think anyone is against it - They just know it would be a fruitless venture. Until Stern or JJP scrub their websites of a license, there's no evidence to suggest an issue.

But, feel free to take up the Mr. X sword against the other manufacturers. I would be willing to bet you'll come up empty handed, but who knows?

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mr x contacting Fox

Even without this, that doesn't change the simple fact that Kevin Kulek was knowingly and repeatedly lying to people to con them out of their money.

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Skit b newsletter #01

Quoted from Toads:

with PayPal, not only do you get the inherent internet benefit of buying pinball in your underwear (raise your hand if you've bought pinball in your underwear before the internet...anyone?), but it comes with monumental security benefits that guarantee that, no matter what happens, your investment is never at any kind of risk. They're taking a big risk on us that they never had to take, and for that they deserve some sincere appreciation."

This is so COCKEYED. I hope Kevin is "sincere" and starts making some changes with actions and stop all the fluffery.

#3975 4 years ago

This is like the tv show Cheaters, where the dude who was caught being a dirty dog tries to turn the tables "You had me followed?!!?!?!" queue the outrage.

#3976 4 years ago

I'll consider all things lost only when people start asking the best way to send pressurized containers of dog sh*t through the mail.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Even without this, that doesn't change the simple fact that Kevin Kulek was knowingly and repeatedly lying to people to con them out of their money.

I don't think that was his intent. I think it's more a story of someone in over their head.

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please, for the love of God, stop acting stupid.

Because I know you're not.

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Dude, you've lost it.

But I'll play along:
If JJP suddenly:
stopped communicating with buyers and
purged all reference to TH from its website, FB , Youtube, etc and
suggested they got the license "really easy from the back of a dvd case",

Then, yes, I suspect someone might LOGICALLY question the license as being intact.

When any of that happens, stop back in to discuss, until then, please review:

stockholm-syndrome-1-728.jpg

Ps- stop referring to SkitB as a "pin manufactuter"

#3980 4 years ago

Come on Kevin....

Waiting.gif
#3981 4 years ago

There is one hell of a lot of this going on.....

self-denial.jpg
#3982 4 years ago

Wait a sec... Mr x was contacting IP holders well before any internet purging. they were contacting fox well before any real reason to question anything. If any of you support this then you should also support similar actions for each and every pinball maker.

#3983 4 years ago

You know it's over when Whysnow isn't even sticking with the denial arguments anymore, it's finger pointing and lashing out.

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't think that was his intent. I think it's more a story of someone in over their head.

Website was scrubbed in 2013, payments were requested in April 2014. He then drug it out long enough for no one to reclaim their money because of PayPal's 180 limit for chargebacks.

#3985 4 years ago

Its clear someone got the hump in order to contact Fox. Perhaps the same person/s fell foul of a licensing issue that cost them money in the past and felt it their righteous act to seek out if proper permissions were acquired.

I am sure glad they did because their actions exposed inconsistency and lies.

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If any of you support this then you should also support similar actions for each and every pinball maker.

I do. Like any investigation, if someone feels it will yield results, I'm all for it.

In this case it will likely yield no results, but please, grab a magnifying glass and call Fox to see if Heighway has Aliens rights, or call Vince McMahon to see if Stern has WWE rights.

I bet they do.

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Website was scrubbed in 2013, payments were requested in April 2014. He then drug it out long enough for no one to reclaim their money because of PayPal's 180 limit for chargebacks.

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?

If so, he's really going to be in deep shit.

#3988 4 years ago

Denile.... Kevin in quicksand!

#3989 4 years ago

"You have officially slumped to a new low.
Are you serious? Serious?
Because Stern, JJP, and every other manufacturer out there displays their titles online, for one. They don't hide their games. They also have a track record.
You have officially "lost it" WhySnow. Time to take a break until rational thought returns."

I'm having trouble understanding WHYSNOW's philosophical approach to this situation. But regardless, the SKITB site was scrubbed of Predator info back in the fall of 2013.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You know it's over when Whysnow isn't even sticking with the denial arguments anymore, it's finger pointing and lashing out.

Stick to speaking for yourself.

#3991 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One of the most important questions to be answered in this whole fiasco in terms of potential fraud/criminal charges is whether Kevin received a C&D letter from Fox before he asked for the additional payments?

The site was scrubbed of Predator reference sometime before Oct 2013. His email requesting full payments was sent April 18th, 2014. I have saved every single email and PM from Kevin.

#3992 4 years ago

I used to check this thread to see if Kevin actually posted anything.

Now I check just to see what Whysnow will post next and how everyone else reacts. It never disappoints.

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wait a sec... Mr x was contacting IP holders well before any internet purging. they were contacting fox well before any real reason to question anything. If any of you support this then you should also support similar actions for each and every pinball maker.

I think when someone (i.e. Kevin) started making statements like "sure, whatever was in the movie we can use" it's time to be concerned (which was long ago.) The blood, the gore, the likeness of mega-star celebrities, etc should have ALL been red flags that something was wrong with the license and Kevin's naïve understanding of what he could do with it.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The site was scrubbed of Predator reference sometime before Oct 2013. His email requesting full payments was sent April 18th, 2014. I have saved every single email and PM from Kevin.

The best I could do last night was a post on Sep 9 from skit-b announcing a change to the website, and then a post from 9-21 mentioning the fact that there was no predator on the new website.

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ayuh, that's gonna be a really sticky wicket...

given the apparent timing of events, the pile of fecal matter will be high... i say apparent, since i don't know exact dates... but my understanding of the sequence of events would seem to indicate that he at least solicited funds post c&d...

i freely admit i could be wrong on my understanding of the sequence of events...

#3996 4 years ago

At this point, I am just waiting to see if the books are now being cooked and money being relocated so when the hammer comes down, he will magically not have a single penny in his name.

Hopefully not, but as I said before I no longer believe a single word that comes out of his mouth until I get the refund I requested.

#3997 4 years ago

WhysNow, Stern actually delivers when they take your money. JJP had proven themselves too. We've seen that neither Skit-B and Dutch pinball have proven themselves. I would ask that Aliens owners request proof.

And in the future, don't preorder from unproven people without proof.

#3998 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

ayuh, that's gonna be a really sticky wicket...
given the apparent timing of events, the pile of fecal matter will be high... i say apparent, since i don't know exact dates... but my understanding of the sequence of events would seem to indicate that he at least solicited funds post c&d...
i freely admit i could be wrong on my understanding of the sequence of events...

Especially with the house of cards corporation he set up

#3999 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You sure know a lot about when Mr. X was doing things.

Does ... does, he talk to you sometimes?

Does he look like this?

Mr. X

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Most of the time, the next title is leaked because someone stumbles on the license (see star trek and KISS). Unlike Skit-b (a startup), Gary Stern has been in this business almost 30 years. I think he knows how to run a business, and wouldn't risk losing it by skimping on making sure his license is approved. I think a lot of people aren't thinking clearly in this thread because of what's going on. I feel sorry for every person that has money vested in this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 14.00
$ 199.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 109.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 9,500.00
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside