Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 370.
#3651 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If FOX takes him to court, there will be NO money left to distribute at all.
Not one bit.

Cannot understand why Fox would be entitled to other peoples money at that point, unless they wouldn't of been told about it and started proceedings to collect funds.

I want me PRED pin, but man, after this shitstorm, not sure I'm gonna ever get it? I'll wait to see what Kevin has to say for his situation before I decide finally.

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You can divide up the remaining money for pre-order folks but you obviously can't divide up a couple dozen skeleton toys (assuming he didn't make all 250) to give folks as part of their money lost.

I'm pretty sure all 250 were made. I think we've seen pics of them all. Anywhoo, if I'm not getting a machine and I'm not getting all my money, I'll certainly take one set of spine bones, skulls, claw, and hanging guy in lieu of nothing at all. Then I'll put them in a little case in my arcade, with this sign:

Predator had one.jpgPredator had one.jpg
#3653 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm pretty sure all 250 were made. I think we've seen pics of them all. Anywhoo, if I'm not getting a machine and I'm not getting all my money, I'll certainly take one set of spine bones, skulls, claw, and hanging guy in lieu of nothing at all. Then I'll put them in a little case in my arcade, with this sign:

Predator had one.jpg

Damn right Kevin should send out a set of the toys for all the paid owners... However, who gets to keep those 10-20 PFs and cabs? Whysnow sure wants to get his hands on them.

#3654 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Damn right Kevin should send out a set of the toys for all the paid owners... However, who gets to keep those 10-20 PFs and cabs? Whysnow sure wants to get his hands on them.

I'm sure if Kevin wants to avoid legal trouble from Fox he better agree to destroy all cabs and all playfields. Those contain IP of Fox. As for the skulls Back Alley made ... those are just generic skulls and I don't think would fall under the IP of Fox.

I'm still curious if Back Alley was paid in full for the skulls/spine made for the game itself (not the toppers.) I would think he'll be eating the cost of the toppers at a minimum, right?

And technically speaking, couldn't Spooky be liable as well for printing artwork that was never approved and was IP of Fox?

#3655 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Cannot understand why Fox would be entitled to other peoples money at that point, unless they wouldn't of been told about it and started proceedings to collect funds.

I speak from experience, that any time lawyers are involved on a federal level, the cost of the legal defense will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

That will eat up every bit of money Kevin has, long before FOX sees judgement, and way before any funds are distributed to the investors.

-

Whoever tipped off Fox's legal team about the game, drove a stake into any chance of a refund for the investors.

#3656 9 years ago

Mission completed?

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm pretty sure all 250 were made.

I wouldn't be surprised if all 250 plastic sets were purchased too. Seems like one of the easier things to source and likely to be purchased in a large quantity.

#3658 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I'm sure if Kevin wants to avoid legal trouble from Fox he better agree to destroy all cabs and all playfields.

He can just peel the decals off the cabs, and spray over the faces on the playfields.

Anyone who wants any of that stuff should contact Kevin RIGHT NOW before it's taken.

#3659 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Well in any case, he better refund all that money before FOX can get their hands on it.

Kev may be naive, but I'm sure he is not dumb enough to hand off the money he is going to need for his defense in federal court.

#3660 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I will say this, you're statements sometimes came off like you had inside information, as if you had an "in" with Skit-B and knew what was going on. It gave an air of credibility to your optimistic statements.

This. Remember how much of a sure thing he made his bet seem? He made it seem like it was 100% a done deal I honestly thought there was a good chance he might get his hands on a pre-production proto or something just to win it...

#3661 9 years ago

I'm still trying to figure out what license the cabinet guy saw. I mean, he did say he would have never been involved if the game wasn't licensed. He has been absent here. Perhaps he can expound on his previous statements.

#3662 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Whoever tipped off Fox's legal team about the game, drove a stake into any chance of a refund for the investors.

Nah. He would have just gotten a C&D. It's only if he ignored it and pressed on anyways (which is the story going around) that it would come to that.

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kev may be naive, but I'm sure he is not dumb enough to hand off the money he is going to need for his defense in federal court.

Well then people better get lawyers to send demand letters for their refunds before he spends it in federal court.

#3664 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think that's a very plausible reason why he's not issuing refunds.

#3665 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm still trying to figure out what license the cabinet guy saw. I mean, he did say he would have never been involved if the game wasn't licensed. He has been absent here. Perhaps he can expound on his previous statements.

Very good point, but he seems to have mysteriously disappeared as well.

#3666 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's only if he ignored it and pressed on anyways

That's the "Insiders" email that I got.

Federal court is supposedly next.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Well then people better get lawyers to send demand letters for their refunds before he spends it in federal court.

As any (good) layer will tell you, people ignore demand letters most of the time.

#3667 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

As any (good) layer will tell you, people ignore demand letters most of the time.

Yeah but it sets a precedent on who has claims on his cash assets.

#3668 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's the "Insiders" email that I got.

Yeah, they tried to get me to forward it to you, but I got tired of the passing notes game.

Psst vid, tell Sally that Bob said she's cute!

#3669 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Very good point, but he seems to have mysteriously disappeared as well.

With what has come to light recently, he probably realizes he could be found complicit. He vouched there was a license when there wasn't and made Predator product. Hopefully he made the product before the cease and desist. Ugly situation that just keeps getting worse.

#3670 9 years ago

Man what a nightmare... I feel so frustrated by this, all I keep thinking about is all the hours I had to put in to pay for Kevin's livelihood.

#3671 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Won't matter, there will not be a penny left after federal court.

#3672 9 years ago

FFS! Can we just wait to hear it from Kevin. I'm fully paid up $4750, I knew the risks, Everyone did. Sure Kevin said he had the licence (partial or otherwise) And that may or may not be true. Kevin's emails say he is working on a solution. Is he likley to be running off to Mexico with our $$$!? Give him a chance to put things right. We have nothing concrete.

Maybe Kevin IS actually in talks with a manufacturer, maybe kevin does have a guy like , if not Rodger Sharpe himself on the case

Everyone likes to speculate, and come up with accusations with NO proof. We are all in it together. The preorders screaming for their money back- claim down! Because all this shouting and treating is getting you nowhere! Those that don't have any money tied up in it should just leave it alone.

I'm all for an owners only discussion thread.

We saw this sort of thing with TBL, jpop things will get sorted one way or another.

#3673 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Psst vid, tell Sally that Bob said she's cute!

She says she's involved with Sharron.

#3674 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I think that's a very plausible reason why he's not issuing refunds.

If the money truly was being held be PayPal as promised then there is a very good chance PayPal has caught wind of this and has frozen the funds themselves (whether Fox requested it or not). Kevin may very well not have access to the money right now and simply cannot issue refunds even if he wanted to.

#3675 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Man what a nightmare... I feel so frustrated by this, all I keep thinking about is all the hours I had to put in to pay for Kevin's livelihood.

I'm with you man. Should have went with Stern. This has kind of ruined pinball for me. And my favorite movie has been sullied forever.

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

If the money truly was being held be PayPal as promised then there is a very good chance PayPal has caught wind of this and has frozen the funds themselves (whether Fox requested it or not). Kevin may very well not have access to the money right now and simply cannot issue refunds even if he wanted to.

No one would be dumb enough to leave the money in a Paypal account.

They are not a bank, they are not FDIC insured.

#3677 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Unsecured claims are treated equally within their class. The date on a demand letter is irrelevant.

#3678 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No one would be dumb enough to leave the money in a Paypal account.
They are not a bank, they are not FDIC insured.

Were'nt those Kevin's exact words? He stated he had a close relationship and agreement with someone at PayPal and everyone's money was safe?

#3679 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Kevin needs to tell people where their money is and why they are not getting it back. Aaron should be screaming at him to get on pinside and say something.

#3680 9 years ago

my CC company opened a dispute through Paypal for me, so now Paypal is requesting action from Kevin

#3681 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Were'nt those Kevin's exact words? He stated he had a close relationship and agreement with someone at PayPal and everyone's money was safe?

So....Kevin has a close relationship with someone at Paypal who will bend the rules for him, he has a license from Fox, his uncle is Roger Sharpe, he donated a kidney and skin to a child who was in a fire.....

#3682 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

"I didn't have the agreement with paypal that I thought I did..."

#3683 9 years ago

Also, what makes Kevin's deal "special" .. Maybe he was just peacocking about PayPal for some reason when its normal PayPal practices. Using PayPal as a honor system "escrow" account is pretty much the same as DP was doing (who knows now).. Their account got frozen during Phil meltdown and had to get unlocked before refunds could be issued.. If that hasn't happened yet with Kevin I'd be surprised (he may not of been treating it as honor system escrow)

#3684 9 years ago

skit b shitfest.gifskit b shitfest.gif

#3685 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Yeah will repeat: look at the DP Phil side show: when people started requesting refunds and fraud reports on the account during the meltdown, PayPal locked that shit down. The last thing they want is some news story painting PayPal as untrustworthy. So DP had to convince them that nothing was fucked before they could issue refunds. Now, they were actually using PayPal as the "escrow" of sorts for all deposits. If he's already moved the money, not going to help too much. Also, what makes Kevin's deal "special" .. Maybe he was just peacocking about PayPal for some reason when its normal PayPal practices.

He claimed something that can't possibly be true, which is that all of the money he's received are safe and accounted for because of his deal with Paypal. That none of the buyers have even risked a dime.

#3686 9 years ago

Yeah I rephrased my post above after I came to the conclusion as well (shit is happening too fast). You are right.. DP was using it as a "honor system escrow" where they just were choosing to leave it there / nobody was forcing it to stay there. If he was claiming PayPal wasn't allowing him to spend it, that's likely false.

#3687 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe he was just peacocking about PayPal for some reason

Just another lie. People were getting nervous so he said it as a way to guarantee their money was safe no matter what happened to the project. This is in the same update he said the license was fine if memory serves. Blatant, willfull deceit.

#3688 9 years ago

what are the boob rules here, is it ok so long as no nipplage, or are nips ok?

#3689 9 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

my CC company opened a dispute through Paypal for me, so now Paypal is requesting action from Kevin

A CC dispute is about all the power you guys have over this situation right now barring getting the authorities involved. I would not delay filing it. It doesn't mean you won't work something out and get your pin, but to delay filing one at this stage of the game is foolish IMO. If there is any money left, you might actually get yours back. Do you think the credit card company won't look at the evidence and say there were red flags months ago, why did you wait?

#3691 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

FFS! Can we just wait to hear it from Kevin. I'm fully paid up $4750, I knew the risks, Everyone did. Sure Kevin said he had the licence (partial or otherwise) And that may or may not be true. Kevin's emails say he is working on a solution. Is he likley to be running off to Mexico with our $$$!? Give him a chance to put things right. We have nothing concrete.
Maybe Kevin IS actually in talks with a manufacturer, maybe kevin does have a guy like , if not Rodger Sharpe himself on the case
Everyone likes to speculate, and come up with accusations with NO proof. We are all in it together. The preorders screaming for their money back- claim down! Because all this shouting and treating is getting you nowhere! Those that don't have any money tied up in it should just leave it alone.
I'm all for an owners only discussion thread.
We saw this sort of thing with TBL, jpop things will get sorted one way or another.

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Ted when he was calling for patience:

Quoted from Skins:

I'm curious, Ted, what is a sufficient duration to wait? You are clearly of the mindset to wait. For how long? One week? One month? One year.? How long is it acceptable for Kevin to get his sh*t into one ball? One could counter that every day he's allowed to spin the wheels is another day more money and dwindling resources are diverted from what it takes to get the ship to port. There has to be a tipping point. I understand that time isn't now for you and others. It **was** two weeks ago. What is it now? I ask not out of malice but genuine curiosity.

#3692 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'll ask you the same thing I asked Ted when he was calling for patience:

Ted bailed a long time ago, sure he got all the patience in the world with absolutely zero risk to ask people to wait.

#3693 9 years ago

Jiggling boobs are over rated

#3694 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Ted bailed a long time ago, sure he got all the patience in the world with absolutely zero risk to ask people to wait.

Yeah, I just didn't want to type it again to the wait some more contingent. Pretty much rhetorical in nature any way.

#3695 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Cabinet guy has been lying too and probably is sitting on a lot of the $$$.

Setting up Skitb Inc. as a "non profit" entity is one of the dumbest things you could possibly do.

Like I said, its easy to simply file as a non profit under state law. I seriously doubt he received any IRS approval for tax exempt status. If he did, he lied on that application as well.

He's had some terrible advisors.

#3696 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Jiggling boobs are over rated

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hide200w.gif 1

lets put it to a vote

contestant 1

contestant 2

#3697 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's had some terrible advisors.

Or none at all.

As a non profit isn't there a requirement for an external audit? (which is the case here in oz)

#3698 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Huh?

So you are suggesting he withhold peoples money for his personal defense so he can pay his lawyers?

I'm thinking he would be in a better position if he refunds all the money vs keeping it. This should be obvious.

#3699 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cabinet guy has been lying too and probably is sitting on a lot of the $$$.

A cabinet is just a cabinet until you put a decal on it.

If the cabinet maker is just delivering black, blank cabs.....no harm there.

#3700 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

lets put it to a vote

contestant 1
This image got 3 "unsafe" tags and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidevote1.gif 3

contestant 2
This image got 3 "unsafe" tags and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidevote2.gif 3

Intrigued.. But given the variations involved, this seems more bracket type competition.. March madness indeed

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.