Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 370.
#3551 9 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Is your practice a corporation or sole proprietorship? Asking for a friend...

I am in a partnership, an LLP.

#3552 9 years ago
fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpgfc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg
#3553 9 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Please read your posts and ask yourself if it really adds to the topic or are you just trying to keep stirring the pot. With all the extra posts being made it is difficult to even follow the real facts most of the time.

Quoted from ledge:

follow real facts? what facts. we have been presented with NONE, well none from the source we
need to hear from...

Not only that, if it wasn't for some of these posts by members asking uncomfortable questions, how long would have this charade continued. I understand physical threats are despicable and counterproductive but the general "spitballing" of ideas is what got this sham exposed. What may be a non-productive post in the eyes of some may spark an idea or thought to a post that is relevant in another. The free flowing discussion got us here.

I didn't post this as a challenge or questioning of a mod. I did it so we keep in prospective that aside from the threat posts and boob posts (ok maybe the boob posts can create inspiration. lol), each post can be important no matter how inane it appears.

#3554 9 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

I am in a partnership, an LLP.

Good man. What did that cost you to register, a couple hundred dollars? Asking for a friend...

#3555 9 years ago

Good man. What did that cost you to register, a couple hundred dollars? Asking for a friend...

I have no clue, I wasn't involved in forming it. I got a job there and eventually became a partner.

#3556 9 years ago

LLC's cost around $300-800 depending on the state.

I'm pretty sure the cost of a LLP is greater than a LLC. It depends on the partnership and the state.

#3557 9 years ago

Oh, well I can assure you they're affordable. Certainly more so than personal liability

#3558 9 years ago

I think I paid closer to 200 for my llc and about 500 for my s corp. Llc in ny and corp in delaware

#3559 9 years ago

I'm not really familiar with partnerships, but the limited liability is key. Is skit-b a legal entity?

#3560 9 years ago

I'm not really familiar with partnerships, but the limited liability is key. Is skit-b a legal entity?

That is one of the questions that has been raised. I'm not sure. SkitB/Kevin stated that he had a non profit corp status. I have no idea how that is possible but I'm not a tax lawyer.

#3561 9 years ago

I fail to see how a pinball mfg can achieve nonprofit status for tax purposes

#3562 9 years ago

I'm all for giving Kevin more time to work this out, and build the pins eventually, I see that being another year before they start shipping (just a wild guess but as good as any).

However, some people would like a refund, and since Kevin does not have a game to sell, since he lied his ass off repeatedly about his ability to deliver a game, it's clear legally and morally Kevin should refund anyone who asks. If he doesn't have enough money to refund people who ask he should go bankrupt and proceed from square one.

Basically, to me this project is at the same place as it was when it was first announced 3 years ago. It's a concept to build a pin based on Predator. They have a prototype game but not much else. Kevin should proceed from there. He should not be sitting on $750,000 while people who were lied to want their money back. I know how difficult it is to work and save $3000 it's not Kevin's money, it's not up to him to decide if he wants to keep it or refund it.

Bottom line, especially Ted or Aaron if you talk to Kevin explain that he is breach of contract and his top priority should be cutting checks. Not in two weeks, today.

#3563 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

if it wasn't for some of these posts by members asking uncomfortable questions, how long would have this charade continued.

The light being shown on everything is not because of Kevin. It is because of this thread. Most recently, it was because Kevin sent out a mass email saying he was sitting at his computer responding to everyone. Because of the activity in this thread, that was exposed as another lie.

If everyone took the weekend off, and gave Kevin more time to do whatever it is that he's doing, none of the true story would be bubbling to the surface as it has.

The vigilante justice isn't the right path, but asking tough questions and analyzing the information that is available is exactly what should be going on here.

#3564 9 years ago

Y'know whats really sad here is that this whole thing has totally killed my desire to play pinball. I can't even bring myself to play my machines as all I can think about is this mess when I do.

#3565 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Y'know whats really sad here is that this whole thing has totally killed my desire to play pinball. I can't even bring myself to play my machines as all I can think about is this mess when I do.

C'mon Russo. It's ok. Yes, it sucks that we have been treated this way. Don't let this one incident diminish your enjoyment of pinball. You have some cool games in your collection. You bought them to enjoy them. I'm just as disgusted about this situation as you but I still love playing pinball.

Take a break from this crap and enjoy some pinball with friends and family. That's what it's all about.

#3566 9 years ago

No. its certainly NOT ok. Not even close.

Thanks for the kind words however. It is appreciated.

#3567 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I'm just as worried as all of you who have sent money to Skit-B. I'm also among the people who have requested a refund and have not heard back from Kevin. The whole situation sucks.

Quoted from frolic:

The vigilante justice isn't the right path, but asking tough questions and analyzing the information that is available is exactly what should be going on here.

These points/information are exactly why I love the community of Pinside. All other speculation, opinions and thoughts for course of action are meaningless right now. However, knowing how many of us there are that have requested refunds and have still heard nothing - to me that speaks volumes on what is really happening behind the scenes with Kevin and SkitB.

I have been asking for over a month, I have been very polite and even sharing details with Kevin of why I needed out. Up until his last two emails I still supported Kevin and believed in what he was saying - even though everything he typed was generalized. Then the last email came...

Kevin created this mess and his recent email threw fuel on an ever increasing fire.

I'll leave it at this - we all need to keep calm, stay banded together and keep each other informed with what we directly hear from Kevin.

Now I am off to more important things like installing a few mods from my dear friend Hemi (Steve) into my Xmen Magneto. Then maybe lunch and a movie out with the wife.

Peace and Love Pinside!
Kevin

#3568 9 years ago

Again, I am not backing what happened or how it went down, just asking that we remember it is the weekend.

Come on man, this is way beyond him taking the weekend off. Kevin needs to man up, it's as simple as that.

Let's start with baby steps. There is absolutely no reason he can't take 1 hour of his time and refund 2 people. If you can make a rational argument against that, other than it being "the weekend", then I'll gladly shut up.

#3569 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There is absolutely no reason he can't take 1 hour of his time and refund 2 people.

Unfortunately time probably isn't his problem

#3570 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Come on man, this is way beyond him taking the weekend off. Kevin needs to man up, it's as simple as that.
Let's start with baby steps. There is absolutely no reason he can't take 1 hour of his time and refund 2 people. If you can make a rational argument against that, other than it being "the weekend", then I'll gladly shut up.

i think that any of us who run a business literally lol'd at the thought of "taking the weekend off" in the middle of a train wreck like this... i think that any of us who run a business have spent plenty of weekends at work for FAR FAR lesser issues...

#3571 9 years ago

I've got a money question for you tax guys out there.. How does it work when you take in $750k and sit on it for an extended period of time without having expenses (that equal revenue)? How does the tax man see it? Does that not count as $750k of profit when you haven't spent the money on mfg? Seems like a real sticky or at least pain in the ass accounting situation. Am I wrong here? I'm genuinely curious how this could work over a number of years. And take it one further - how could you be a non-profit with no real re-investment of what's left?

#3572 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i think that any of us who run a business literally lol'd at the thought of "taking the weekend off" in the middle of a train wreck like this... i think that any of us who run a business have spent plenty of weekends at work for FAR FAR lesser issues...

^^^^ What he said.

Getting ready to go to my own shop and continue working on the move to my new shop.... On a weekend.... And I am still easy to get a hold of. And still working on customer motorcycles at the same time.... And I have no employees...

If a Dumb***K like myself can do it, I'm sure others can.

#3573 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

how could you be a non-profit with no real re-investment of what's left?

I haven't been able to locate any info about Skit-B being a non-profit, but the name of the registered company could literally be anything. That makes it nearly impossible to discover blindly.

While I can't comment on Skit-B being a non-profit or not, I can tell you that being a non-profit doesn't mean you have to spend all of the money you take in during a fiscal year. You can store your cash in accounts just like any other company, even through multiple years.

But on the flip side of that, there are a lot of tax implications of taking money as a non-profit, including receipting. If he took in money from other countries, like the UK, that even gets more complicated.

#3574 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Totally. I might as well be a peon at the company I work for right now and I've already done a couple of hours of work today.

#3575 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You can store your cash in accounts just like any other company, even through multiple years.

Oh yeah, duh, that makes sense

#3576 9 years ago

Does anyone know what state they are licensed in? I tried to look them up in Michigan but could not find them.

Thanks in advance!

#3577 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I have no doubts you know licensing. Skitb not knowing what they have is inexcusable and is beyond an acceptable excuse. Spin it whichever way, it was Kevin's responsibility to know. Period. Kevin was fully aware he needed a license. How he handled what he had is the crux of it. If he really didn't have what he thought he had, as he has proffered, is something only kevin knows. That piece of information (which we most certianly will never find out) would determine if his actions were willfull or not.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Intent is not really that relevant from a legal standpoint. Whether actual or constructive, either is actionable. The latter is harder to prove, but not particularly difficult.

Quoted from wheels:

Incorrect. Intent is absolutely relevant when analyzing an intentional tort.

Intent is only relevant for determining the TYPE of fraud that is actionable. (Intent IS NOT a prerequisite for proving constructive fraud. It is only a requirement for proving actual fraud.)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_fraud

A bankruptcy trustee or receiver will go after either type (i.e., actual fraud or constructive fraud) if it yields a net recovery for creditors.

#3578 9 years ago

I will be watching American Greed for this episode

#3579 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Totally. I might as well be a peon at the company I work for right now and I've already done a couple of hours of work today.

yup... even during my days in the rat race, there were plenty of weekends worked... i would have really liked to seen the reaction of any number of the people i worked for if i said "ah, y'know, i know work has to be done, but i'm just gonna blow it off because i need a weekend off"...

the whole "too busy to respond to emails, etc" stuff that has gone on for months is laughable enough, again, would any of you get away with that as a business owner/employee? i know i would no longer be in business if i did that... suggesting to "wait til monday for a response because its the weekend" kinda goes beyond laughable to just plain silly...

#3580 9 years ago

I am totally speculating here.....but I just wonder if he has spoke with legal council? I wonder if they are telling him not say anything? Until......they can sift through everything and give a blanket answer....

#3581 9 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

I will be watching American Greed for this episode

american-greed-hip-hop-hustle-rapper-chicago-blaxican-scams-investors-out-millions-trailer.jpgamerican-greed-hip-hop-hustle-rapper-chicago-blaxican-scams-investors-out-millions-trailer.jpg
#3582 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

agreed.....I work far too many weekends prepping / catching up for my customers. Multimillion dollar business, and can attest the stress can be absolutely paralyzing at times ( I take meds from time to time). Not a free pass for him by any means, but hopefully he can get through this. There are resources available to help him, if he just reaches out......he might not even have a perception of clarity when things spin out of control like this, but bringing family, etc. in will only make matters worse. One or 2 angel investors, or liquidation through the courts..pretty much standard business protocol.

I don't even know him, but like to believe there is good inside, and hopefully, there will be a team assembled around him to navigate the waters ahead. Mob mentality will push him further away, and no one gets anything. Don't bring his family in this...highly doubt they had much of an idea or input as to what was going on.

Lost $65k on a "handshake" deal 6 months ago from a prominent businessman that has way more money than I have...I'll get it, but calculated steps....I only wish the best for those of you suffering because of this right now....unacceptable, but will pass.....mark

The money? Of course most of it is gone, or none of this would be happening. I'm not vested, except feeling your hurt and frustration right now......

#3583 9 years ago

A predator buyers group needs to be formed for those that have money on the line. People speculating and adding vicious posts will screw us buyers over rather than help.

#3584 9 years ago

I think one question that should be answered is does Steven Woods exist, if he does then this wasn't pre planned, if he doesn't then the money is long gone. I wish I still believed but I sadly don't.

Kevin needs to stop typing bullshit emails and just let us know what's actually happening, enough of the cloak and daggers shit, man up.

#3585 9 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I wonder if you sent him an email now saying that you would buy two games and pay upfront, whether your email will get responded in order?
Going to try a credit card charge back, nothing to lose!

Any luck on your charge back?

#3586 9 years ago
i was there copy.jpgi was there copy.jpg
#3587 9 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

I think one question that should be answered is does Steven Woods exist, if he does then this wasn't pre planned, if he doesn't then the money is long gone.

It appears that Steven Woods does exist & is a real person:
https://www.facebook.com/woodsbouncer?fref=ts
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/steven-woods/59/743/572

#3588 9 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

It appears that Steven Woods does exist, and is a real person:

Ah, it's this guy who appeared in their Predator promo video.

205486_4812724954074_1400146356_n.jpg205486_4812724954074_1400146356_n.jpg

#3589 9 years ago

Nice to see an Experts of Dangerous cab on his FB... Not.

#3590 9 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

People speculating and adding vicious posts will screw us buyers over rather than help.

So very true, but unfortunately there are some that love nothing more than to see something burn so they can say they knew better. Some thrive on the screwing of others and for a long time have been rooting for failure.

It would be nice to have a preowners only discussion but unfortunately there is no way to even know who that is anymore.

Regardless of how bad this situation currently is, it is pretty disgusting some of the posting of personal info and threats of vigilantly justice. Honestly sickens me more than a potential loss of game or money.

#3591 9 years ago

And some thrive on dragging others down with them. Just sayin...

#3592 9 years ago

The weekend is here so we should not expect any information from SkitB until Monday

Why? It's not like he's a normal 8x5 business. He can update people anytime - I doubt they mind if it's on a weekend.

#3593 9 years ago

He is listing Skit-B as his job in the linkedin account, build manager? That would lead one to expect he draws a salary.

#3594 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That would lead one to expect he draws a salary.

That is a possibility but not necessarily a fact.

#3595 9 years ago

so I take it he's not going to be at the Michigan Pinball Expo.

#3596 9 years ago
#3597 9 years ago

The situation is this. Wheither or not he is attempting a Hail Mary with Heighway Pinball to make this pin happen. His reputation is completely tarnished at this point. Step one is to refund all those that have requested it in the past month, weeks and days. If something can be salvaged with Heighway Pinball than a new preorder can be made with them should the project have a chance in hell to come together.

Also has anyone received a personalized email response yet?

Finally on the issue of refunds, I think none have been sent recently as it is clear that some if not all of the funds are gone. And he is trying to figure out how to evenly distribute what is left if any.

#3598 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Allow me to translate:

Kevin chats with Aaron about how toxic pinside is.

Kevin gives zero 'fudges' about what is happening on pinside, and hasn't changed what he's doing despite the shitstorm

Don't try to contact Kevin, he isn't going to talk to you anyway

Since Kevin's my friend, I'm going to overlook his fraudulent activity and back him up

Kevin hasn't decided whether to tell all you guys the truth or not. He also hasn't decided whether he will give anybody refunds.

Kevin sent me to pinside to tell you he isn't coming whether you like it or not and give you a big middle finger. Hopefully all you customers will go quiet for a few more weeks now.
Thanks Aaron, thought i'd help you out as I am educated in bullshitting 101.

Pretty spot on translation in my opinion

#3599 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope and wish that ANYONE that wants out is able to do so and get a full refund.
I have said many times that when i sent money last June I was prepared for any and all risk I was taking at that time. i expect very few have that same mentality and that is fine.
I WANT the game. I don't want money back.
If you want out, I hope you get your money back. Since I want the game, i hope the sentiment is returned.

Differences aside, I absolutely hope you get your game and everyone else gets a game or their money back, whichever way they are inclined.

I have little regard for SkitB as a business, but as a fellow pinhead, I hope we all agree on the former.

#3600 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So very true, but unfortunately there are some that love nothing more than to see something burn so they can say they knew better. Some thrive on the screwing of others and for a long time have been rooting for failure.
It would be nice to have a preowners only discussion but unfortunately there is no way to even know who that is anymore.
Regardless of how bad this situation currently is, it is pretty disgusting some of the posting of personal info and threats of vigilantly justice. Honestly sickens me more than a potential loss of game or money.

And you just might have been responsible for causing people to stay in this much longer than they should (or would) have.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.