Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 366.
#3501 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just saying, Heighway has a relationship with Fox now. If Alien sells well maybe they can step in and get the Predator license and we can still see a game.

Heighway should probably ship something first before people get too far ahead of themselves.

#3502 4 years ago

The $4000 number he threw out at some show a year ago was naive and I'm sure built on perfection and doesn't include fixed overhead and other money wasted to this point.

You need a real license and a fee for the person to obtain one and then paying Jack to produce them. Is all that free?

$4750 is fantasy land now, that's part of the huge problem he has to be facing.

#3503 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've spent a whole lot of time talking to Aaron about Jpop mostly and he is a GREAT dude and if he is willing to help Kevin and Kevin is smart enough to listen, Aaron will be nothing but a HUGE asset to everybody trying to get something resolved with Predator.
That's a fact, a straight shooter, passionate guy and I don't think he would even know how to BS someone.

Truth. He really is trying to help. I just advised against it because nothing short of Kevin appearing is going to soothe anyone right now, no matter how well meaning he is. But he's trying to help everyone, so don't think he's Kevin's stalling tactic goon or anything.

This thread needs more gifs. Ted, now we really need you to come back!

c9quPl6.gif

#3504 4 years ago

Challenge accepted, Aaron.

Quoted from fastpinball:

When things were growing increasingly tense on the Predator front, I became concerned about their effects on other projects

I was worried Kevin was lying about his license and funding wasn't going to come in for my pet project
if that was true

Quoted from fastpinball:

what came to light were what I considered guidelines for acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.

I found out he had no license quite some time ago

Quoted from fastpinball:

since then, he has been engaging with parties regarding licensing and manufacturing.

Kevin had to try to score a license after I called him on it

Quoted from fastpinball:

I have offered support and advice based on hard numbers and the project details I have been provided.

Given the licensing and other issues I gave him my opinion on whether it was still possible to complete the project

Quoted from fastpinball:

All of this, including the dramatic dark turn things have taken here, are what will be used in the final decisions on where things go from here.

Kevin knows he lost all of his support which may cause him to pull the plug.

Quoted from fastpinball:

That was just my assessment. That it sounded more like guidance on fair use.

Kevin had correspondence describing what normal people can do with the predator IP without a license. He did not secure a license.

Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin has already stated things needed to get worked out more formally, so I don't need to get involved here.

There is no formal agreement with FOX

Quoted from fastpinball:

PS: I hope nobody thinks I am condoning the way Kevin has handled any of this.

While I am his de facto spokesperson, please don't associate me with his failures, (even though I held back the same information as he did.)

Quoted from fastpinball:

There were so many mistakes and missteps, not uncommon to many first time entrepreneurs, just very public and with a whole lot of other people's money at stake.

Hey, this kind of business is all very normal. Kevin is just like all other entrepreneurs that fail. Try not to focus on the "lying" part, just feel bad for him, his business failed!

Quoted from fastpinball:

I just always try to use any engagement I have in situations like this towards something productive.

I will not relay negative information or anything that compromises SkitB.

Quoted from fastpinball:

I have been brought all up to speed on the state of the Predator project

I know everything that is going on with the business now

Quoted from fastpinball:

I regret not engaging Kevin on the way Predator was going sooner, when more could have been done.

It is beyond saving

Quoted from fastpinball:

But at least I got semi-biweekly emails going.

#3505 4 years ago

Heighway should probably ship something first before people get too far ahead of themselves.

Give them three more weeks

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This thread needs more gifs. Ted, now we really need you to come back!

I'm bak!

#3507 4 years ago

Kevin said that he had deals in place with suppliers. Pinball controllers, Marco, backalley creations and cointaker. Wonder if skit ever had any legal contacts in place with any of these suppliers or was he also throwing those guys under the bus in his original 'announcement' below...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm bak!

bump nose.gif

I find that quite disturbing...

#3509 4 years ago

He had something in place. We saw all the skulls and bodies . The guy planned on making these games . It's no con but a case of reality.

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Challenge accepted, Aaron.

I was worried Kevin was lying about his license and funding wasn't going to come in for my pet project
if that was true

- no doubt a Predator crash and burn would effect any future pinball project Kevin was involved in.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

I found out he had no license quite some time ago

- I found out in the last 2 weeks.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Kevin had to try to score a license after I called him on it

- it was clear that to release Predator, it needed to be locked down formally.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Given the licensing and other issues I gave him my opinion on whether it was still possible to complete the project

- we ran through what each scenario would required and how it would likely play out.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Kevin knows he lost all of his support which may cause him to pull the plug.

- certainly one of the scenarios.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Kevin had correspondence describing what normal people can do with the predator IP without a license. He did not secure a license.

- Naive. Plain and simple.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

There is no formal agreement with FOX

- we all got that email, right?

Quoted from YKpinballer:

While I am his de facto spokesperson, please don't associate me with his failures, (even though I held back the same information as he did.)

- I spoke out in the past on the licensing stuff based on what I was told way back. I never had any reason to doubt it, so I took it at face value. The error in my ways has already been commented on in this thread. I have only been up in the Predator business over the last couple weeks. It is not my job to come running to pinside and divulge every detail out of context. It's Kevin's project and what he ultimately does is his decision. But you can be assured that since I have become aware of these details I have held him accountable towards taking steps to resolution. As a friend. I am not his boss. I am not the pinball police.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Hey, this kind of business is all very normal. Kevin is just like all other entrepreneurs that fail. Try not to focus on the "lying" part, just feel bad for him, his business failed!

- as a small business owner for 15 years there are thing you learn. Communication, budgeting, scheduling, customer relations, goal setting, etc. I meant only to say that starting a business in order to make pinball games is a tough way to go about it. Just cause you want to make a pinball game doesn't mean you should run a pinball company. He has had all sorts of challenges with things that someone who has run a business for a while sees as a standard part of running a business.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

I will not relay negative information or anything that compromises SkitB.

- if there is a problem to be addressed I would rather try to work out a solution. Some are content to just talk about problems and how bad they are, that's not me.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

I know everything that is going on with the business now

- probably. But I have been wrong in the past.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

It is beyond saving - it's time for for some big boy decisions, I can say that much.

All right, well played! Responses above.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

...in a tantalizing sort of way...

#3512 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

All right, well played! Responses above.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

There, i think the situation is out in the open now. Thanks for your help.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Give them three more weeks

Agree...however the business models ( looking from the outside) are like night and day. Andrew communicates well, has built hundreds of games already ( granted, weird ones) but seems very in tune to the business side of business...period. I believe things will be slightly behind, but am expecting some amazing updates VERY soon regarding production. He's almost too relaxed about it..was able to incorporate standard size glass AND optional backbox display without dramatically altering timeline. Predator is cool, but Alien will come..and Andrew seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't shy away from the challenge ( although I think he already has a third game in mind)....mark

#3514 4 years ago

So, he knowingly took the money to build games with no license, but we are now in a situation where he is to decide how much money each person is getting back? Am I reading this right?

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I find it cleansing...........Joey

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

So, he knowingly took the money to build games with no license, but we are now in a situation where he is to decide how much money each person is getting back? Am I reading this right?

Yes. And in multiple posts he has stated point blank there is no issue with "the license" even though one never existed.

#3517 4 years ago

And pinside owes a pretty big pinside apology to the people who went to FOX trying to verify it.

#3518 4 years ago

Damn, I can't keep up with this shit.

#3519 4 years ago

So, he lied the entire time, but there is somehow a question of whether or not we will get our full payment back, and that Kevin will need an unspecified amount of time to mull over to make "the right" decision?

Lol, if that's true this mf'er better get a second job to fully repay everyone he knowingly f$^ked.

#3520 4 years ago
#3521 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Now that the cat's out of the bag, can someone post the contents of "the e-mail"?

i think it's in the skitb updates thread

#3522 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

in multiple posts he has stated point blank there is no issue with "the license" even though one never existed.

Well there can't be an issue with something that never existed.

#3523 4 years ago

I'm not advocating this but I'm shocked no one has physically confronted Kevin about all this. There's some pretty pissed off pinsiders. I've pretty much written off my $ at this point as it seems the only viable option is to go after him legally in which case everybody gets screwed except the lawyers. And as for the joker calling the police, stay the ---- out of it!! You have no dog in this fight. We don't need your help and you only jeopardize any chance of the game being built OR getting our money back.

#3524 4 years ago

This is a 'game over' scenario. At this point I just want to see others and myself see Kevin update us on how he will paying everyone back. I don't even want to read a lengthy apology. He has our emails, just start PP the money back. I want this to be over and done with.

#3525 4 years ago

8 hours of sleep.
In the meantime: Tons of new posts, a new thread (do we really need another one?) and no news

#3526 4 years ago

Looks like indentured servitude is about to make a comeback

I hope for Kevin's sake, a corporation was formed

#3527 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OK...HERE WE GO!
I JUST got finished speaking with Kevin. I asked ALL the hard questions. Here is a quick summery:
YES, he is busy.
YES, the license is fine. He is working on getting into a better situation so EVERYTHING can be shown and talked about.
YES, machines are being built as we speak.
YES, jackwads are calling FOX.
YES, there will be a MAJOR announcement within the next 2 weeks with everything you want to know.
Everything is moving forward.

Quoted from spfxted:

When everything is explained, it will be crystal clear why the lack if information and pix.

Quoted from spfxted:

...and so do I...and, YES, there are times when you can't say certain things. It will be explained soon...

Quoted from spfxted:

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

Quoted from spfxted:

Hold on...hold on....I don't know what it is, but, big news and good news announcement is coming soon!

Quoted from spfxted:

Just soon....very soon. That to me means days...

Since he takes your calls, might be worth a follow-up call?

#3528 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Intent is not really that relevant from a legal standpoint. Whether actual or constructive, either is actionable. The latter is harder to prove, but not particularly difficult.

Incorrect. Intent is absolutely relevant when analyzing an intentional tort.

#3529 4 years ago

Is any money left and in what manner will it be returned?

#3530 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Same here. PRED next to Aliens? Hello??!?! How cool is that??

Well now it will just be called Two Governors and the Militant Gang Vs. The Snatch Faced Blur Monster sitting next to Aliens. Oh maybe Kevin can hire the voice actor from the walking dead pin to do the voice of Arnold "Git to da aircraft!" He can just skirt the dialog from the film.

#3531 4 years ago

I stumbled across this on the skitb website re: duck hunt and it's unfortunately relevant.

"We're not ones to ever leave something at a simple answer, though, so we thought it would be interesting to show how it was made in the most step-by-step way possible without seeming like a tutorial. That being said, if you have any questions about it, go ahead and use our contact form and ask. I do wish we would have documented everything in a more complete fashion, but, you know, hindsight and all that. I'll do my best to keep a tally of money and time spent on the project as we go along, as well, just for information's sake."

#3532 4 years ago

Jesus. So glad I bailed on this a long time ago. My sympathies go out to all the Predator faithful who have been defrauded (assuming Kevin never had the license). Hopefully Kevin realizes that not all pinball buyers are pencil neck pushovers. If the refund money is spent, or if the pins aren't sent, things might get ugly.

#3533 4 years ago

As a business owner it couldn't be clearer to me.....

#1 Stop f^&king around

#2 Immediately refund everyone (If you can't...get a f^&*king jobbie and make sure every dime is paid back since S*it-B's business premise was based on fabricated lies.)

#3 Call each and every individual who put coin down on this project & throw yourself at the mercy of the court. In other words... Lose the pride and say you screwed up and verbally apologize via a phone call or better yet in person. A form letter apology in this instance is a start but unacceptable.

If this isn't addressed promptly then a shit storm of civil and criminal lawsuits are headed Kevin's way from both pinsiders and Fox the Intellectual Property owners. I hope and pray for the best outcome to all those who have been taken advantage of on this project.

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

This is a 'game over' scenario. At this point I just want to see others and myself see Kevin update us on how he will paying everyone back. I don't even want to read a lengthy apology. He has our emails, just start PP the money back. I want this to be over and done with.

I agree with this.

#3535 4 years ago

So what's with his wife buying a house?

If true will they sell that to refund Predator orders?

#3536 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So she can play warden while he's under house arrest

#3537 4 years ago

Did they buy the house around the same time funds were collected for the game? Maybe part of the plan was to use the house and garage as storage and some of the game building. A lot of the decisions made have logic issues so why not this possibility?

If he's in the hole 750K+ "Get a job and pay people back" doesn't come into the equation. Even working off 50K debt is a major hurdle for most people. If he had the majority of funds still he likely would have continued refunding. His behavior doesn't jive with having all the funds "safely stored".

I think he's looking into his options regards self preservation at this point. How to keep house and probably declare bankruptcy without getting into legal trouble that would = time in jail. Also, I think someone would prefer a stint in jail versus "Get a job and pay back 750K" which actually could be more punitive to someones life than a 6 month jail stint.

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Tharizdun:

I think he's looking into his options regards self preservation at this point.

1. Liquidate
2. Expatriate

#3539 4 years ago

My bet on the mystery manufacturer is on Heighway. Seems odd, but let me explain why:

$4750 does not seem much, but with a near 1 exchange rate, this translates into 4700 euros, VAT excluded... 5700 euros with sales tax. Not that distant from the 6300 euros price tag for Full Throttle, which is a widebody with LCD, etc...

Heighway will start shipping FT very soon so they will gain credibility.

The fact that no artwork is released yet for Aliens tells they have to solve some licensing issues as well. They may feel confident that the Predator licensing issues can be addressed.

Heighway has already demonstrated they can produce and ships 250 copies of an entirely different game (Bacardi). Predator is on the same scale.

My feeling is that if Heighway think their production line may be underused between games #1 and #2 or #2 and #3, they will look for creative ways to keep their workforce occupied.

... and that would save some shipping cost for me

#3540 4 years ago

but it's not $1=1Euro it's $1.50 = £1.
Much as I would like manufacturing to be done in the UK shipping and import duty back to the states would kill this stone dead as an idea

#3541 4 years ago

Everybody, I would like to make a plea to please calm down.

I know you're all upset and so am I. Fully paid in on Predator since April '13 so I'm just as worried as all of you who have sent money to Skit-B. I'm also among the people who have requested a refund and have not heard back from Kevin. The whole situation sucks.

Am I mad at Kevin for the lack of communication over the past months and for -what seems like- a huge screw up that is this project? Yes of course!

But I don't believe that Kevin is a thief and I certainly don't think physical threats to him, let alone to his family, are warranted. I’m not going to allow that to happen here on Pinside so please don’t make those kinds of posts.

Please keep it civil while discussing the situation. Thanks.

#3542 4 years ago

This is intended for the locked thread:

ww102.jpg

And I think robin just moved to the front of the refund list. That he hasn't been refunded is a slap in the face to all of us

Most importantly: HOLY SHIT, YOU CAN DONATE BITCOINS TO PINSIDE NOW?!?!? This is about to become the ferrari of forums (not that it's not maserati right now)

#3543 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Actually, all you have to do is show that he SAID he had a license to build Predator pinball machines when he didn't and he used that lie to take your money.

Quoted from kvan99:

Still, you have to prove he meant to defraud.

Quoted from mcluvin:

Your honor, I'd like to introduce the movie Tucker as evidence to show my client is clearly innocent...

judge: "Will the defendant please stand."

(SkitB stands up)

judge: "What does the defendant plead?"

SkitB: "I plead pure naive good old fashion stupidity, your honor."

judge: "Okay, but you don't sound mentally handicapped, which is the only way that would work within the law."

SkitB: "Oh. . . uhm. . . Me dindu nuffin, uhm ya, me dum dum."

judge: " . . . "

#3544 4 years ago

All, Robin has warned to keep it civil. Please read your posts and ask yourself if it really adds to the topic or are you just trying to keep stirring the pot. With all the extra posts being made it is difficult to even follow the real facts most of the time. The weekend is here so we should not expect any information from SkitB until Monday. Step back and play some pinball and reflect with your family, try to inject a little joy in your life and lets give SkitB a reasonable time to respond to the outburst.

Again, I am not backing what happened or how it went down, just asking that we remember it is the weekend.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

All, Robin has warned to keep it civil. Please read your posts and ask yourself if it really adds to the topic or are you just trying to keep stirring the pot. With all the extra posts being made it is difficult to even follow the real facts most of the time. The weekend is here so we should not expect any information from SkitB until Monday. Step back and play some pinball and reflect with your family, try to inject a little joy in your life and lets give SkitB a reasonable time to respond to the outburst.
Again, I am not backing what happened or how it went down, just asking that we remember it is the weekend.

follow real facts? what facts. we have been presented with NONE, well none from the source we
need to hear from...

#3546 4 years ago

Well, sadly my limit has been reached. Perhaps I am/was naive; perhaps I believed so hard in this project that it clouded my judgement; shoulda, coulda, woulda. Maybe I had my head in the sand like one of RobT's picture or perhaps my head was up my rear end.

Nonetheless, I am weary of this journey. I'm willing to give it until Monday morning. If we hear nothing from Kevin by then, I'm asking for a refund. I tried to be patient, I tried to be understanding as I personally know hard it is to start a small business and I had hoped he would never let it get to this boiling point. I'm willing to give him a very small amount of time to step forward. I don't expect anything but I still carry some hope for a positive outcome, but even that is waning rapidly.

Kevin if you read any of this thread, do the right thing. As my Dad used to say, "Shit or get off the pot".

#3547 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I put my last house in my wife's name, so if I got sued for malpractice the plaintiffs would have a harder time taking the house. I am not suggesting that's why Kevin did this, it's just one reasons a person would.

#3548 4 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

lets give SkitB a reasonable time to respond to the outburst

How does 5 months sound? I believe that's about where we're at

#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

I put my last house in my wife's name, so if I got sued for malpractice the plaintiffs would have a harder time taking the house. I am not suggesting that's why Kevin did this, it's just one reasons a person would.

Is your practice a corporation or sole proprietorship? Asking for a friend...

#3550 4 years ago

Just wanted to share this from another thread that was locked.

post.PNG

here is the summary link in the photo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/70#post-2324905

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 269.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 8,500.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 179.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 38.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside