Topic Stats

• 18,295 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by greenhornet
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,543 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18295 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 366.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Love the shirt.

+1

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Love the shirt.

Looks like the same stylish line that was worn by Matt Taylor when he landed on the comet.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

germany_comet_landing_shirt.jpg
#304 4 years ago
#305 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...let's get back to Tediosity!

IMG_3418 B.jpg 55 KB

Now that's what I'm Tedding about!

#306 4 years ago

Hey Paul,

This doesn't help much but I have a friend that sent an email requesting a refund from Kevin and their customer support three weeks ago and she has heard nothing. I sent an email earlier to Kevin and customer support hoping to hear the status on her refund and nothing at this point.
Last week, I sent an email trying to find out the status of the web "link" that was to be provided to owners of the pin on the SkitB website, but no response. Last contact I had with support was on October 31st and unfortunately the responses they gave did not answer questions, only dodged the questions asked.

I contacted paypal for my friend today and filed a dispute claim for her refund so they are aware as to what is going on and would be investigating

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...let's get back to Tediosity!

IMG_3418 B.jpg 55 KB

That's very Teddylicious......

#308 4 years ago

How can they hide from refund requests? That's just bad business.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Welcome to "Guy in a Garage" boutique pinball!

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Welcome to "Guy in a Garage" boutique pinball!

But what's their logic? The person will forget if we stall?

#311 4 years ago

I think there is a possibility for the "self fulfilling prophecy" in this situation. People start fearing that the game will not be made, so they demand a refund. Enough people do this and the company folds.

Also, all the bad press keeps people on the sidelines instead of in line.

Doubt communication would make much of a difference at this point. "Words are Wind" as they say on the Game of Thrones. The best way to allay fears is to get some games out.

If the game is decent, I expect people will be lining up again.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Logic!? In pinball manufacturing!?!?!?

Quoted from Jvspin:

Doubt communication would make much of a difference at this point.

Have to disagree with you there. Writing a quick post takes a few seconds out of the day and would go VERY FAR. You can't just take tons of money from people and vanish without expecting repercussions.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I don't know if it's hiding as much as their standard operating procedures. It's been this way for as long as I've been following the project. A while back I sent a request asking if the incentives were still available if I paid in full. It took months and repeated requests before I got a response.

Still, it's hard to believe they have enough resources to take care of everyone if enough people made a run on the bank.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I would guess most of their money is tied up and they have to hustle from someone on the waitlist to pay the people that want refunds. That is probably why it takes so long. Of course they tried to sell this as some sort of proprietary refund process lol :

Quoted from Dalbok:

because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have to disagree with you there. Writing a quick post takes a few seconds out of the day and would go VERY FAR. You can't just take tons of money from people and vanish without expecting repercussions.

Kevin has made the brief appearance to let us know the games are being built and everything is okay with the license. Either you believe him or you don't. It's easy to get sucked into Pinside. I'd rather he spend his time and energy getting the games built.

It might be easy for some people to just pop-in, say a few words and then leave. It wouldn't be for me, it's just too distracting. Speaking of which.....must....leave...Pinside....and get some real work done.

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I would guess most of their money is tied up and they have to hustle from someone on the waitlist to pay the people that want refunds. That is probably why it takes so long. Of course they tried to sell this as some sort of proprietary refund process lol :

This seems likely. And, how much time and energy does that take? How about dealing with Paypal?

#317 4 years ago

I think in the spirit of full disclosure (or should I say "reality"), any boutique manufacturer asking for pre-orders should state up front that the game will be finished when it's finished, refunds will be given if there is someone else to take your spot and you risk losing all your money.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This seems likely. And, how much time and energy does that take? How about dealing with Paypal?

Sure, but that's the BS they signed up for when they started a business and took people's money. It is their responsibility to have plans in place to insulate the customer from this. It should be refunds first, hustle from the waitlist 2nd.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Sure, but that's the BS they signed up for when they started a business and took people's money. It is their responsibility to have plans in place to insulate the customer from this. It should be refunds first, hustle from the waitlist 2nd.

There are plenty of ventures people invest in that go nowhere. Money is gone. You can sue but good luck collecting.

In my opinion, the best hope for SkitB is that they get some games built and that the games are well received. The rest will take care of itself.

#320 4 years ago

Games are being built.

We have seen photos.

Why so much doom and gloom from so many?
Seems like lots of people getting caught up in pinside and letting themselves get riled up by a handful of naysayers with no skin in the game.

Yeah the communication sucks, but we have seen enough to know things are progressing.
Settle down, enjoy the turkey holiday, and take a deep breath while you think about all the things you are thankful for in life (including the ability to even afford taking a risk and buy into a startup pinball manufacturers dream).

By all accounts a few games should be delivered soon and then you will likely get lots of info about those games. I will say it again, as soon as I get my personal game any and all predator owners further back in the line are welcome to come see and evaluate. Fly in and we will make a weekend out of pinballin and drinking!

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from Whysnow:

the communication sucks

Answered your own question.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Answered your own question.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Games are being built.
We have seen photos.
Seems like lots of people getting caught up in pinside and letting themselves get riled up by a handful of naysayers with no skin in the game.
Yeah the communication sucks, but we have seen enough to know things are progressing.
Settle down, enjoy the turkey holiday, and take a deep breath while you think about all the things you are thankful for in life (including the ability to even afford taking a risk and buy into a startup pinball manufacturers dream).
By all accounts a few games should be delivered soon and then you will likely get lots of info about those games. I will say it again, as soon as I get my personal game any and all Predator owners further back in the line are welcome to come see and evaluate. Fly in and we will make a weekend out of pinballin and drinking!

I know you're serious, but you CAN'T be serious!
There's been zero evidence that Skit-B has the licence to make this pin from what I've seen.

I would be happy for those who have pre-ordered if anyone out there can prove me wrong.

Let's see it.

Now Hilton: put up, or...

#324 4 years ago

the peoples waiting for this game, i don't know how you do it.

4k + , no communication.
not much done (cabs, that's all).
no website.
no pics (forget the cabs)

i was going to jump in early, waited a bit, glad i did.
sorry but not gonna jump on the next game, if there is any,
if that's the way they treat their customers.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope my posts don't come across as doom and gloom. I'm optimistic about SkitB getting Predator out and that it will be worth the cost and wait.

It does seem that others are getting more antsy though. I hope SkitB can take care of them and still get the job done.

Those who take the risk get the reward!

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

4k + , no communication.
not much done (cabs, that's all).
no website.
no pics (forget the cabs)
i was going to jump in early, waited a bit, glad i did.
sorry but not gonna jump on the next game, if there is any,
if that's the way they treat their customers.

Not entirely true. We've seen a complete game with polished code and sound. That's more than can be said for all of the other boutique manufacturers except AMH.

We've also seen Kevin working with Pinball Refinery to add an enhanced lighting option to the game. If they are looking into these smaller details, it suggests any major issues have been taken care of.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

We've also seen Kevin working with Pinball Refinery to add an enhanced lighting option to the game.

Because the main black light function doesn't work to reveal Predator so dazzle with light changers instead. I'm sorry that reads so negative.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Not entirely true. We've seen a complete game with polished code and sound. That's more than can be said for all of the other boutique manufacturers except AMH.
We've also seen Kevin working with Pinball Refinery to add an enhanced lighting option to the game. If they are looking into these smaller details, it suggests any major issues have been taken care of.

true, one can built a game for personal use without any problems.
that's why there is only one built, it the same since the beginning.

show me a few more, complete games. other than cabs.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Games are being built.
We have seen photos.
By all accounts a few games should be delivered soon and then you will likely get lots of info about those games. I will say it again, as soon as I get my personal game any and all Predator owners further back in the line are welcome to come see and evaluate. Fly in and we will make a weekend out of pinballin and drinking!

That's something a confidence man would say.

They keep you on the line "just enough" so you think everything is ok. Saying there are more important things in life, etc.

There is no excuse for the poor communication.
There is no excuse for other games to be "made" and at the shows (new stuff being announced even) while Predator pre-order owners have no idea what is going on.

Now granted not everyone has paid the full money down, the question is who/what/when on the deposit list is everyone? If everyone has been kicked off they need to refund the $250 to people that did not pay based on the deadline or actually give news when each person's game is being build so the remaining $4500 or so can be sent.

Either way you guys sure do have a lot of trust in something that is taking way longer than it should be with poor communication. I thought this was being addressed?

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Because a lot of us have been on board for more than 3 years and not just showed up in the past few months. A lot of us still have faith in the project and realize that people aren't perfect. A lot of us remember when this was just a one-off machine, and interest inspired the manufacturers to take an enormous gamble and try to become a pinball company when there was only one left. A lot of us remember when SkitB wasn't good with communication before they had ever gotten a dime from anybody. A lot of us genuinely want to see this company succeed, and can understand why they would choose not to bend to every whim of people who repeat the same shit over and over like they had a new thought every time. A lot of us can empathize with the fact that not everything is as easy as Monday-morning quarterbacks think they are. A lot of us are ready to just play some goddamn pinball.

#334 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Either way you guys sure do have a lot of trust in something that is taking way longer than it should be with poor communication.

Do you remember WoZ?

Lastly, it's my money. Why should anyone be concerned about what I do with my money? I made the decision to back this fledgling company. I've not changed my mind. If this goes south, then I've lost that money; a hard life lesson. At that point and only that point could anyone say that I was a dumbass for jumping on that bandwagon to end up losing money. Until that comes to pass I will continue to support SkitB, period.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

A lot of us remember when SkitB wasn't good with communication before they had ever gotten a dime from anybody.

This is the sad truth. I emailed them and waited several weeks to get on the pre-order list. This was before the 250 spots were all taken. At the time I was blown away that a company looking for $5k from me couldn't even respond to me in a timely fashion.

That was also why I eventually cancelled, even with money from me their MO never changed. The company never transitioned to being remotely professional.

So, yes, you are correct, this is how its been since the beginning.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's brought most of this upon himself. Take a peek at the last 4 years of JJP threads, recent Jpop's, etc., etc.
When you take people's money and then either misrepresent things and/or don't communicate at all it usually doesn't sit very well with people. Especially when you use this forum to generate 250 sales.
Pinheads are certainly a forgiving lot, look at Stern and now JJP. They have delivered great products despite a raft of BS along the way, and yet we still line up to buy.

Exactly - many of you are just as guilty for yet again signing up to another pre-order. I see people here that are also in the same situation with Jpop, and were in the same boat complaining about WOZ.

All of you should have had enough reality about the possibilities by now. This is an assumed risk you have taken - knowingly.

I of course hope it all works out, but I have a feeling many of you will be right there front and center for the next big announcement with pre-orders complaining about where they are as well.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Do you remember WoZ?
Lastly, it's my money. Why should anyone be concerned about what I do with my money? I made the decision to back this fledgling company. I've not changed my mind. If this goes south, then I've lost that money; a hard life lesson. At that point and only that point could anyone say that I was a dumbass for jumping on that bandwagon to end up losing money. Until that comes to pass I will continue to support SkitB, period.

That stems from a desire for this project to fail, if you bailed and then we all get the game and its awesome, see what I mean. Not everyone of course but there are always a few, I don't care about TBL, RAZA, WOOLY hope they get their games but I'm not invested. I will say this SkitB is trying my patience, I want this pin but if nothing is updated by Xmas I will have to reconsider my pre-order.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Do you remember WoZ?

Well, it's "my" money too. So let's get that 100% straight. I am not complaining for the sake of complaining here.

I do remember Wizard of Oz. I 100% firmly believe everyone got hosed on the greatest pinball painting in history. If I hear one more stupid comment about the "code" being so good on a very subpar game that had a nightmare preorder and plethora of issues I am going to scream.

The whole point here is their communication is subpar. If they have issues tell us. If things re delayed, keep us updated with progress bar. If there are issues personally, say something. It's not hard. People tend to disappear and yes, a lot of Pinsiders tend to attack attack attack but for the wrong reasons. I see nothing wrong with everyone trying to get some form of communication from a BUSINESS. (Who the heck came up with "boutique" as the go to word for newer pinball companies anyway)

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

The whole point here is their communication is subpar. If they have issues tell us. If things re delayed, keep us updated with progress bar. If there are issues personally, say something. It's not hard. People tend to disappear and yes, a lot of Pinsiders tend to attack attack attack but for the wrong reasons. I see nothing wrong with everyone trying to get some form of communication from a BUSINESS.

I agree with you completely on this. Like others who have pre-ordered Predator, I wish the communication is a whole lot better than recent history. I think we all agree that this precedence will definitely hurt future sales for SkitB. That, in and of itself is sad for such a promising company. They are the only ones that can fix this; I hope for sooner than later.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Hm, whose house are we talking about here? Just because it says "official" in the thread title?
Color me impressed!

The rules on personal attacks and decorum apply to all threads on the site. You don't get to be an ass and just tell people to 'just get a thicker skin'

#341 4 years ago

I have faith in Skit-B that they will come through in the end.
I wanted so bad to be on the main list, but couldn`t afford it.
I have contacted them, and is now on the wait list.
I don`t have the number i am on the wait list, but looking at all the people opting out from their
original 1 of 250, I am getting closer.

Axl

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

They keep you on the line "just enough" so you think everything is ok. Saying there are more important things in life, etc.
There is no excuse for the poor communication.
There is no excuse for other games to be "made" and at the shows (new stuff being announced even) while Predator pre-order owners have no idea what is going on.
Now granted not everyone has paid the full money down, the question is who/what/when on the deposit list is everyone? If everyone has been kicked off they need to refund the $250 to people that did not pay based on the deadline or actually give news when each person's game is being build so the remaining $4500 or so can be sent.
Either way you guys sure do have a lot of trust in something that is taking way longer than it should be with poor communication. I thought this was being addressed?

So , your position is that Hilton is a confidence man conning everyone on this forum? Wow. You must be a genius. I mean with that kind of flawless reasoning you should be in charge of something, right?

#343 4 years ago

Well, I'm sticking it out with Skitb. If I get my PRED, awesome. Risk and reward, but also cause and effect could go either way.

Will Skitb produce and sell, or be the victim of a mass bank run?

Regardless of Their feelings on Pinside, they should show progress emails soon enough or they may have problems. Unfortunately, folks with years invested seem much calmer about this storm than folks with months invested ( or less).

I understand the mob mentality focused on the poor communication, and I agree to an extent, but if the guys invested for years aren't running, take that bit of info into account before deciding to bail out.

VD pinball was a mess/scam from hour one. SkitB is not. Not close. Not yet.

#344 4 years ago

I am sticking with Skit-B as well. I am hopeful the game will be produced and those on the list will be happy with their game.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

So , your position is that Hilton is a confidence man conning everyone on this forum? Wow. You must be a genius. I mean with that kind of flawless reasoning you should be in charge of something, right?

Talk about lack of reading comprehension and twisting words. People always trying to start something on here for no reason with me. I never said anything about "him", it was a comparison/contrast to what someone like that would say. He isn't a part of Skit-B so whatever you are trying to do to get an attack on me is against forum rules.

Besides, the fact of the matter is there is no communication from SKit-B or proper updates about this. You have to be living in a fantasy business world to think that is ok so everything I posted is a valid complaint.

#346 4 years ago

I sent an email to Kevin just stating my faith is wavering and I need some info soon, lets see what happens.

#347 4 years ago

I wonder if the Pin Ref guys or Matt from Back Alley have any info, if you do please post.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I sent an email to Kevin just stating my faith is wavering and I need some info soon, lets see what happens.

Hazoff not you too lol. Hope you hear back soon.

#349 4 years ago

Just so we are clear...

Quoted from Whysnow:

Games are being built.
We have seen photos.

He said that...and then you said

Quoted from DreamTR:

So your position is...? It sounds like you are saying Hilton is a con man working for skit b. please clarify if I have it wrong.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Hazoff not you too lol. Hope you hear back soon.

I just want the smallest thing, an indication that games are being built. Not much, but there's no way I could give up my spot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 189.00
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 9.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 18295 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside