Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 366.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy crap, people...you guys are acting like the refunds should all be issued TONIGHT.

Read the whole thread. There are people who have been asking for a refund (repeatedly apparently) since January! I think he's had plenty of time.

Can ANYONE state they have heard of anyone getting a refund since January?

#3402 4 years ago

So....I'm rooting for KU in March madness.....

#3403 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy crap, people...you guys are acting like the refunds should all be issued TONIGHT.
How many people do you think have requested a refund from Kevin over the past few days? He's probably got, like, eighty billion emails.

With all due respect, I've been asking Kevin for a refund repeatedly for 2 months now (since January), and I haven't received a refund, let alone any kind of personal communication in response. And it's been 2 months. Just stating the facts from my own personal experience.

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Did you see the movie Tucker? All you have to do is show that you tried to make the product. If he tried then there is no fraud..just a failed business and investors.

Your honor, I'd like to introduce the movie Tucker as evidence to show my client is clearly innocent...

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Things are in motion, and the process will not be immediate. I'm not giving any time-tables (because I'm just not that smart)...but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.

I'm guessing there's not much chance of this until Kevin comes and tells people WHAT wheels are in motion. Hearing random people with god knows what connection to the project saying "don't worry, something's being done, it's being handled, great news is coming, blah blah blah" is about... oh... the past year or so of this project. It doesn't help.

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm digging through the garbage cans on the side of their garage right now.

LOL that's F'n' priceless!

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I am now on the phone with his local police department telling them all about this thread. SHIT IS ON NOW! One of the first things the officer is asking about is dollar value. I told him 750,000.00 Thumbs down that all you want <deleted by mod>. I will get refunds out to people.

i hope people get their money back or by a miracle the game but this, if true... it's pretty damn low!

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm digging through the garbage cans on the side of their garage right now.

digger.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

lmao.. anything "epic"?

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

So....I'm rooting for KU in March madness.....

miss-ku-16.jpg

I own one of those toasters, but that's not my wife.....

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Yup I am the guy who will knock a fool out for grabbing his girls butt and start a whole bar fight.

God I hate guys like you. Sometimes, my wife likes me to grab her ass in a bar. No kidding, this has happened to me - then I had to deal with some meat head who thought it was his business. ...

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

but that's not my wife.....

That's no ones wife apparently

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Not mine either, but appreciate loyal fans.....

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Toaster?

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I'm guessing there's not much chance of this until Kevin comes and tells people WHAT wheels are in motion. Hearing random people with god knows what connection to the project saying "don't worry, something's being done, it's being handled, great news is coming, blah blah blah" is about... oh... the past year or so of this project. It doesn't help.

Closer to two years. I know because I pulled out about a year ago and I recall several months of near non-existent communication prior. And then bang, out of nowhere, "We're ready to start production and we need money."

Of course, the arguments back then were, "Do you want them to build the game or post here on pinside?!"

#3415 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

"Do you want them to build the game or post here on pinside?!"

It seems the answer was: yes

#3416 4 years ago

Yikes just got the current Pinside weather forecast.... It's not looking good!
image.jpg

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm in an "eject-y mood" tonight, though.

Seems like a bit of abuse of power to me...

No offense but there are a bunch of us that have money in on this and have been quietly staying out of the current conversations. We come here to see what the latest is and its not been good. I also have been very quietly trying to get a refund for over a month with nothing but bullshit generalized email responses from Kevin. With all do respect... you should be more concerned about us fellow pinsiders who have been taken advantage of than worried about what people post regarding Kevin and what is free public information on the world wide web.

Quoted from pmWolf:

You should be ejected from this thread just for making this careless comment... people have been requesting refunds for months.

You ask to be a moderator and Robin decided you were worthy of this position. I will not second guess that decision... however with your position comes responsibility and that responsibility is to be objective to both sides of a situation/issue - your comments heavily favor Kevin. You fail to acknowledge the lack of detailed communication from Kevin to those of us who have invested substantial monies based on his promises/guarantees.

#3418 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

ith all due respect, I've been asking Kevin for a refund repeatedly for 2 months now (since January), and I haven't received a refund, let alone any kind of personal communication in response. And it's been 2 months. Just stating the facts from my own personal experience.

Quoted from YKpinballer:

Hearing random people with god knows what connection to the project saying "don't worry, something's being done, it's being handled, great news is coming, blah blah blah" is about... oh... the past year or so of this project. It doesn't help.

Okay, I think what I'm trying to say isn't coming across effectively...my apologies.

I'm not saying that everything is rosy, don't worry, great news is coming, etc etc etc. If you want to worry, then go for it. If you want to be super-upset about how everything is going...I understand, and support you in your endeavors. There's a lot of frustration going around, and I'm not trying to ride in here on a white horse and tell you it's all going to be awesome. Obviously, it's a dumpster fire right now. Stop pouring gasoline on it, because it isn't helping.

Bottom line is that SOME of the posts are really crossing the line...and we can't have that. Personal info being posted, people are dragging wives and family members into the mess, and there are thinly veiled threats being lobbed around. We just can't allow it...because to be honest, it's getting downright *dangerous*.

So, yeah...I'm asking for some to relax, and I'm trying to be clear about what is allowed on site. It's a very difficult situation right now, and the mods are all doing the best they can.

We do appreciate your support...
Pete

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

people have been requesting refunds for months.

Quoted from Asylum:

requesting refunds for months.

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Okay, I think what I'm trying to say isn't coming across effectively...my apologies.
I'm not saying that everything is rosy, don't worry, great news is coming, etc etc etc. If you want to worry, then go for it. If you want to be super-upset about how everything is going...I understand, and support you in your endeavors. There's a lot of frustration going around, and I'm not trying to ride in here on a white horse and tell you it's all going to be awesome. Obviously, it's a dumpster fire right now. Stop pouring gasoline on it, because it isn't helping.
Bottom line is that SOME of the posts are really crossing the line...and we can't have that. Personal info being posted, people are dragging wives and family members into the mess, and there are thinly veiled threats being lobbed around. We just can't allow it...because to be honest, it's getting downright *dangerous*.
So, yeah...I'm asking for some to relax, and I'm trying to be clear about what is allowed on site. It's a very difficult situation right now, and the mods are all doing the best they can.
Pete

I hear what you're saying and respect the job the mods have to do. The problem is, pinside is the defacto storefront for skitb. This is Kevin's shit storm and he's leaving you guys, the pinside mod team to tend to the store while he sits back in his cone of silence. He needs to get in here and tend to his own shop. The whole thing reeks.

#3421 4 years ago

The personal attacks and inclusion of wives and families are not going to yield anything but drama, pain and greater misery. If your intent is to try and hurt Kevin and his family, well, nobody can stop you. But it is not going to speed anything up at this point.

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here. We have talked regularly about all of this over the last couple weeks. You need to know that the steps being taken are not a result of today's surge of threats. Everyone needs to calm down while these remaining details are getting worked out. Resolution is coming, one way or another. While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were, I am still willing to advise him through these steps and decisions. Kevin has all the data, all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.

In the meantime, let's all take a breather. Get off this thread for a few days. Go spend time with friends and family. Hell, even play some pinball.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

How many people do you think have requested a refund from Kevin over the past few days? He's probably got, like, eighty billion emails.
That's not going to be immediate...and posting his personal info, stuff about his wife, where they go on vacation, what they ate last night, and then working on getting the cops to his door is NOT going to help out!
Things are in motion, and the process will not be immediate. I'm not giving any time-tables (because I'm just not that smart)...but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.
Pete

Yes- what's the rush!

I mean, those people that have been asking for refunds since JANUARY certainly should just chill and take some deep breaths....

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

The personal attacks and inclusion of wives and families are not going to yield anything but drama, pain and greater misery. If your intent is to try and hurt Kevin and his family, well, nobody can stop you. But it is not going to speed anything up at this point.
Kevin called me and we talked about toxic things have become and where things will go from here. We have talked regularly about all this over the last couple weeks. You need to know the steps being taken as not a result of today's surge of threats. Everyone needs to calm down while these remaining details are getting worked out. Resolution is coming, one way or another. While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were, I am still willing to advise him through these steps and decisions. Kevin has all the data, all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.
In the meantime, let's all take a breather. Get off this thread for a few days. Go spend time with friends and family. Hell, even play some pinball.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Got It.
Everything is going to be fine.

#3424 4 years ago

WOW! I have never been so proud to call myself a pinball enthusiast! What an excellent idea to harass Kevin's wife. Maybe when we're done with that we can traumatize his children, maybe burn a cross on the front lawn, seeing as his address was so helpfully posted. Oh, or better yet we can go rough up his grandma, we might get lucky and break her hip! If only the rest of the world came up with such brilliant ways to solve problems, what a wonderful world it would be!
While I understand the anger and frustration, seriously this is how you handle it?! The level of disgust I have, for anyone who thinks it is OK to harass Kevin's family, is immeasurable. I suggest you take a long look in the mirror, and see if you like what you see.

#3425 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were

So now he's telling you the truth? Why is he starting now?

Let's not forget, the license doubters were shouted down largely because of your backing of Kevin. This could have been brought to a head months ago. Yet here pinside is, being asked again for patience.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here. We have talked regularly about all of this over the last couple weeks. You need to know that the steps being taken are not a result of today's surge of threats. Everyone needs to calm down while these remaining details are getting worked out. Resolution is coming, one way or another. While I was mislead on aspects of licensing, just as you were, I am still willing to advise him through these steps and decisions. Kevin has all the data, all the options and all the outcome possibilities clearly laid out and he will be making a rational decision based on that.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I hear ya, and it's nice that you seem to suggest that things really aren't that bad but I also feel for folks with thousands of dollars out there who A) Don't know when that "resolution" will be decide upon by Kevin B) What exactly are the options or best case outcomes people can expect and do they not have any say? and C) Being that so many others have been deceived for so long (including yourself you admit), how is it you're so confident you are not being deceived further?

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from FreakyBarb:

While I understand the anger and frustration, seriously this is how you handle it?!

Great first post, welcome. So are you suggesting everyone stand by idly and just wait longer? What're we talking here, a week, three months, a year? I'll ask Kevin....

#3428 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

In the meantime, let's all take a breather. Get off this thread for a few days.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Well, at least Kevin is consistent. Again, through a conduit (first Ted, now you) he wants to push the message that folks just need to chill and "things are getting worked out" without actually having to talk with anyone he owes money to.....

I'd hope that folks "advising him" would ask him to return the emails he's been dodging for MONTH before they will pass on more of these vague messages to pinside on his behalf....

#3429 4 years ago

If I'm willing to give Kevin some more time to sort things out, so should the rest of you. Please guys, just take things down a notch. What's a few more days now?

For those of you waiting for a refund for awhile, let's see how things play out in the near future. You've waited this long, a bit longer is needed.

Aaron, thanks for trying. But without answers I'm guessing anxiety has a hold. Kevin has an uphill battle, no doubt.

#3430 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Read the whole thread. There are people who have been asking for a refund (repeatedly apparently) since January! I think he's had plenty of time.
Can ANYONE state they have heard of anyone getting a refund since January?

Try Nov. 2014!!

KEVIN, STOP SENDING VAGUE GENERAL EMAILS AND START PROCESSING REFUNDS!!!!

#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Kevin called me and we talked about how toxic things have become and where things will go from here.

OK - so - he's aware of what's happening here and had the time to talk to you on the phone about it.

It's toxic due to his SILENCE.

If he can spend the time on the phone with you, he can make an appearance here and SAY SOMETHING.

#3432 4 years ago

Aaron, I know you want to help man, but you should just stay out of it. No one is going to calm anything down but Kevin. The "wait a few more days" thing has been played too many times, people don't have any patience left.

With all respect to you, or Ted, or anyone else, people don't want to hear about how you've been having talks with him, not when he refuses to communicate with his customers.

Internet sleuthing, talking about people's wives, all that? It's a horrible idea. No one should engage in that, it's not going to help anything. What's done is done, the truth just needs to come to light.

I've been told the Pinball News story may appear early next week, maybe that will help. But regardless of what it says, if you want your money back, and who can blame you, then you should focus on positive steps. It's sure as hell not calling the cops.

Start a list, see if you can figure out who all has money in on this. It sure isn't 250 people. You're going to have to decide if you can be happy with taking a fair % off everyone's deposits. Because if one person gets a full refund, and someone is left at the end getting nothing (even Whysnow, I kid I kid) that's not fair.

#3433 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the pro-rated refund plan that includes costs deducted for them to attend shows and everything else that doesn't include the parts and license for my game.

Like I said before, he blew it - I don't believe a word coming out of his mouth until I get my refund...

#3434 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

Dragging family members into the thread has proven to be valid. The family members were involved with Skit-B doing art and managing the finances. Those are from Kevin's statements.

#3435 4 years ago

^It's just legal gymnastics for pinside

#3436 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If he can spend the time on the phone with you, he can make an appearance here and SAY SOMETHING.

Or he could start emailing people to process refunds as he just recently promised. Based on Aaron's post, that sounds like it was just another stall tactic.

#3437 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So now he's telling you the truth? Why is he starting now?

Predator was never anything I was concerned with. When things were growing increasingly tense on the Predator front, I became concerned about their effects on other projects. As I began to press for details, at the time for my own peace of mind, what came to light were what I considered guidelines for acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.

So since then, he has been engaging with parties regarding licensing and manufacturing. All of this to find the best resolution he thinks he is able to offer. I have offered support and advice based on hard numbers and the project details I have been provided. All of this, including the dramatic dark turn things have taken here, are what will be used in the final decisions on where things go from here.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3438 4 years ago

We all hope he is able to work something out. What do you think the chances are?

#3439 4 years ago

He's not a victim in the dark turn, just to be clear. Self inflicted. If he plays the victim card in the final decision (like what was tried a few weeks ago with nefarious people accusations in an email).. Well, that will be his opinion man

#3440 4 years ago

I don't post a lot. I prefer to read. I have 3 machines in the basement. Love them all. I'm small time. I'm hoping Pred will be my 4th. I've been in since the start. I come to Pinside on a daily basis to see what mods people have done. What new pin some dude got... Perhaps even an unboxing.

The last few days have quite horrible here. Most of us "regular" aka non-hardcore guys just want to play pinball and see if anyone had a good idea for an alternate translite for a game. But guys... really...come on, this is getting nuts. We low key guys come here and get blown away by everyone's collection,new additions and crazy mods...not police reports, better business bureau complaints or horrible tactics to destroy a guy's new business. The way I see it... If the dude wanted all our money, he'd be gone by now. Plain and simple. Now... Can we please go back to complaining on the poor UV on the playfield or something like that ??..... Peace !! Pred #5

#3441 4 years ago

Sorry man. Everyone on Pinside is not like this. Stick around.

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aaron, I know you want to help man, but you should just stay out of it. No one is going to calm anything down but Kevin. The "wait a few more days" thing has been played too many times, people don't have any patience left.

Fair enough. I'll stay out of it.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#3443 4 years ago

That's ONE persons opinion. I would like to hear what you have to say....

#3444 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Predator was never anything I was concerned with. When things were growing increasingly tense on the Predator front, I became concerned about their effects on other projects. As I began to press for details, at the time for my own peace of mind, what came to light were what I considered guidelines for acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.
So since then, he has been engaging with parties regarding licensing and manufacturing. All of this to find the best resolution he thinks he is able to offer. I have offered support and advice based on hard numbers and the project details I have been provided. All of this, including the dramatic dark turn things have taken here, are what will be used in the final decisions on where things go from here.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I respect your reply and respect your willingness to stand in here and own what you have. Not easy for sure. Thank you for a level headed response. What you are doing for pinball is exciting. It's a shame a friend put your reputation in harms way.

Having said that, what you said about fair use is telling and alarming. Fair use implies Kevin knew portions of what he was doing wasn't covered in his license and deemed them in the fair use domain. Startling and the closest we have got to the true crux of the issue.

#3445 4 years ago

Cooler heads will prevail.

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

With all respect to you, or Ted, or anyone else, people don't want to hear about how you've been having talks with him, not when he refuses to communicate with his customers.
Internet sleuthing, talking about people's wives, all that? It's a horrible idea. No one should engage in that, it's not going to help anything. What's done is done, the truth just needs to come to light.
I've been told the Pinball News story may appear early next week, maybe that will help. But regardless of what it says, if you want your money back, and who can blame you, then you should focus on positive steps. It's sure as hell not calling the cops.
Start a list, see if you can figure out who all has money in on this. It sure isn't 250 people. You're going to have to decide if you can be happy with taking a fair % off everyone's deposits. Because if one person gets a full refund, and someone is left at the end getting nothing (even Whysnow, I kid I kid) that's not fair.

I have patience. So should you Aurich. Practice what you know Aurich: Awesomeness.
Everyones input is appreciated, remember that.

#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have patience. So should you Aurich. Practice what you know Aurich: Awesomeness.
Everyones input is appreciated, remember that.

Haha, you're the one guy who keeps popping up going "eh, I can wait".

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Seems like a bit of abuse of power to me...

Understood. I'll never claim I'm 100% right all the time. We're just doing what we can to keep things from continuing to escalate.

Quoted from Asylum:

No offense but there are a bunch of us that have money in on this and have been quietly staying out of the current conversations.

I'm right there with you. I'm in on the project too, and have a lot of money invested that I don't know if I'll ever see again. It's not a good situation, and I'm quite frustrated and unhappy.

Quoted from Asylum:

you should be more concerned about us fellow pinsiders who have been taken advantage of

Again, I'm in the same boat. If I came off as an unfeeling jerk that is just watching casually from the sidelines, I apologize...that's not my intent.

Quoted from Asylum:

You should be ejected from this thread just for making this careless comment... people have been requesting refunds for months.

Like I said, I'm not going to even try to pretend that I'm right all the time. You are certainly welcome to disagree, and give me suggestions for improvement. I'm not a god, or anything...and I do make mistakes, or word things in ways I shouldn't.

Sometimes it is tough posting in these volatile threads, because what is said is looked at under a microscope, and it seems like my true intentions get lost as someone picks apart a ill-thought comment instead of what was really intended.

However, those types of conversations need to be had in the moderator feedback section. The public forum is not the proper venue. (At that point, being wrong or right doesn't even matter...it's just going to lead to an eject).

Quoted from Asylum:

however with your position comes responsibility and that responsibility is to be objective to both sides of a situation/issue - your comments heavily favor Kevin.

Well, I'm certainly not a Skit-B cheerleader. I'm frustrated, and very upset with how this has all been handled. Blondetall pretty much nailed it dozens of pages ago. The lack of communication has been awful, and a lot of this mess could have been solved if he had just communicated better.

As far as being objective...I think my main point keeps getting lost. All I'm trying to say, over and over again, is that there are certain posts that are crossing the line. We've got to keep this a safe place.

Quoted from Asylum:

You fail to acknowledge the lack of detailed communication from Kevin to those of us who have invested substantial monies based on his promises/guarantees.

I'm sorry if it came across that way. As I've said, I've also invested substantial money...and I'm horrified by the lack of communication.

ONE LAST NOTE:
This is the only time I will be able to respond to this type of post on the public forum. From here on, please start a moderator feedback thread, or PM me, and I will do my best to calmly discuss any issues with you.

(Although, I am done for tonight. At some point, I'd like to play some pins and hang out with my family).

Thanks for understanding,
Pete

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, you're the one guy who keeps popping up going "eh, I can wait".

Welcome back from the dark side.

I invested in SkitB as a startup pin maker. Boutique. Risky? Yep. Not over yet boys. Let's see what comes of all this.

#3450 4 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

acceptable fair use, not what I would consider adequate for a commercial project.

I really hope this was after he required everyone to pay up to supposedly start building the games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 8,500.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
€ 18.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside