Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 366.
#3351 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He said refund, not refunded. I did a double take at first on that too, with the way it's phrased.

Quoted from Xerico:

I think this is a command, not a statement.
I could be wrong, but I read it as a command to Kevin, not a statement that Kevin has refunded his money.
Marcus

Quoted from JeffF:

Yep, it got me.

Yep my mistake. Apologies.

#3352 4 years ago

I think calling the cops to report this fraud is justified, he has had plenty of time to explain himself and refused. Who knows he could be packing his bags for Canada right now. *if he is innocent he can answer the charges.

#3353 4 years ago

Irony.

I see stronger condemnation and name calling for the guy who called the police than for the guy whose holding all the money....

?

You can steal people's money but for God sakes don't be discourteous- THAT will be strongly Condemned....

#3354 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Yep my mistake. Apologies.

I edited it, sorry for the wording.

#3355 4 years ago

I don't know how come no one got in the car and drive to his house yet and ask a few questions yet?(politely, non violent). Is he really that far away from everybody?

I think this should have been done before going all nuts with police and fbi... wtf

#3356 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Irony.
I see stronger condemnation and name calling for the guy who called the police than for the guy whose holding all the money....
?

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a case has already been opened. Hard to believe so many people with $5K into this and getting requests for refunds ignored are just gonna sit on their hands. It only takes 1 call.

#3357 4 years ago

Plus if you're into conspiracy theories... how's this for a scam: raise $750k cash for a company, hire a family member as a lawyer, get in all kinds of legal trouble deliberately, drag on legal proceedings for a few years while said lawyer sucks money from the company (they can bill whatever they want, I have seen 10-20k per month and that's probably cheap in the USA), company goes bankrupt. Whoops, sorry guys, skit-b has no money left because of legal trouble. All the money is gone. To my mom.

#3358 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Are you certain that's her name? I wonder if anything interesting might come up if you google her full name?

I found this....but it's just standard boring stuff that wives do.

(snip)

#3359 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

It doesn't cost Kevin anything, only us poor schlubs that bought into this scam. Does anyone really think Kevin would risk a cent of his own money on this train wreck? This isnt a question or attack to you epthegeek, just using your post to quote.
Btw, Kevin I know you're reading this, refund my money!

At the very least, Kevin has lost three years of his life and his reputation in the pinball community if this project fails.

Ask yourself, how many start-up companies actually succeed? Are all companies that fail scams?

I suspect that if he gives everyone refunds that are asking for them it will mark the end of the project (if it isn't already beyond saving).

If that's the case, it's better to call it now and distribute whatever money remains in a fair manner instead of just giving it to the people who make the most noise.

#3360 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I don't know how come no one got in the car and drive to his house yet and ask a few questions yet?(politely, non violent). Is he really that far away from everybody?
I think this should have been done before going all nuts with police and fbi... wtf

I believe jetxi (sp?) visited Kevin's house. Better yet Kevin could have chimed in here but decided to stay quiet, sending only bs emails spinning the situation out of control.

#3361 4 years ago

Wow. Calling the police? Well, 5 weeks, no response from anyone, owed $4750? I can understand why, but couldn't Aaron let Kevin know people are beyond upset now? Would seem a slightly less drastic course of action.

This can work either way. Fear of serious charges gives SkitB motivation to get things done, or,

Skitb says F off and folks fight for refunds. ( bad idea making things worse Skittles, don't let emotions dictate!).

#3362 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

All the money is gone. To my mom.

Add: go to prison for white collar crime for 6 months plus house arrest as punishment.

#3363 4 years ago

Since DevilsTuner isn't even in on this (from what I can tell), he's not likely to get too far as he's not an actual victim (and kind of an ass for doing it)

However, a cop showing up to the Door asking a couple questions / leaving may be a jolt for kevin to wake the f up. Especially If his wife is home and sees this. She may have the most influence of all

#3364 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

It says that she "can't stand people who lie".

#3365 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

was just going to say the same thing tee hee

#3366 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

<removed by Mod>

um....WUT?

#3367 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Since DevilsTuner isn't even in on this (from what I can tell), he's not likely to get too far as he's not an actual victim. However, a cop showing up to the Door asking a couple questions / leaving may be a jolt for kevin to wake the f up. Especially If his wife is home and sees this. She may have the most influence of all

Actually, if you are aware of a crime that has been committed you don't have to be the victim to make a complaint that starts an investigation. In fact, that would make it really hard for murders to ever be investigated.

#3368 4 years ago

Also..."Who are you to judge?"

#3369 4 years ago

Guys, we need to calm things down a bit.

Stop the lynch mob for now, we are trying to get things worked out.

I don't want anyone's safety jeopardized, so do not post personal info, or dig up stuff on their wives, or whatever. Nobody truly "deserves" that....and we will have to issue thread ejects if it continues.

The process will work out...

Pete

#3370 4 years ago

He isn't responding individually to emails. At this time NO ONE yet has posted that they have received a personalized response or better yet a real refund yet.

This thing is really starting to stink guys.
I hope you guys get your money back.

#3371 4 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

<link deleted by Mod>

Uhhh...Ok. Not mine and I'll suspect not most.....

#3372 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I am now on the phone with his local police department telling them all about this thread. SHIT IS ON NOW! One of the first things the officer is asking about is dollar value. I told him 750,000.00 Thumbs down that all you want <deleted by mod>. I will get refunds out to people.

This post was moderated for Personal attack 59 minutes ago. A thread eject was issued.

Please do not make personal attacks against Pinsiders who disagree with you

Quoted from spfxted:

Why this type of <deleted by mod> would EVER be allowed back on Pinside is beyond me...

This post was moderated for Personal attack 38 minutes ago.

Please do not make personal attacks against another pinsider

Why is one of these a thread eject and the other is a warning?

#3373 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

This post was moderated for Personal attack 59 minutes ago. A thread eject was issued.

Neither was a thread eject. Both were warnings.

The site is showing a false thread eject.

Marcus

#3374 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

why is one of these a thread eject and the other is a warning?

Good question.

I'm guessing past history, mostly. I didn't run across Ted's post...but if I had, that probably would have been eject-worthy (to me, at least). I'm in an "eject-y mood" tonight, though.

Otherwise, I'm not stepping on another mods toes. They handled it how they saw fit, maybe they had additional info that I didn't.

In general, try to aim these questions toward the "Moderator Feedback" section, though. It's easier for us to discuss there.

Pete

#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Neither was a thread eject. Both were warnings.
The site is showing a false thread eject.
Marcus

Ah....this.

See...I have no idea what I'm talking about. =)

Pete

#3376 4 years ago

I don't see any reason to bring his wife into this at all honestly. It may be she was complicit in what is going on but there is no evidence to suggest her involvement and no need to be harassing her IMO (at this point anyway). Although I'll admit it is strange she/they bought a new house somewhat recently and it's 100% in her name.

But Kevin is the one who needs to answer questions. From everything I've seen there is clear evidence that a lot of money was being spent. How much did he pay his mom (or others) for playfield artwork? Who knows. Did he pay her for "accounting" or other legal work? Has he been paying himself? I know he hired at least one person to help him out with everything (Jimmy I believe?) So how much was he getting paid as an employee? How much was spent building the prototype? How much was spent on travel and shipping the game around? How much was paid to Matt at Back Alley? How much was spent securing the license (lol.) Etc. etc. etc. They even had Skit-B shirts made and other marketing stuff. This did not all come out of Kevin's pocket.

I'm just crossing my fingers for you folks that at some point Kevin realized this was never going to work and this went from good intentions to bad. I hope he quickly determines the amount he can refund to everyone and just come clean and kill the project.

#3377 4 years ago
#3378 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Good question.
I'm guessing past history, mostly. I didn't run across Ted's post...but if I had, that probably would have been eject-worthy (to me, at least). I'm in an "eject-y mood" tonight, though.
Otherwise, I'm not stepping on another mods toes. They handled it how they saw fit, maybe they had additional info that I didn't.
In general, try to aim these questions toward the "Moderator Feedback" section, though. It's easier for us to discuss there.
Pete

understandable...not trying to cause problems, just making sure I understand the rules...thanks

#3379 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Because Ted flies chefs in from Ireland to make him a taco salad and the other guy gets his taco salads from Taco Bell

#3381 4 years ago

Devilsturner, put the crack pipe down, what do you think the police can do about this? Lol this is America man, not Cuba! What do you think the cops are going to do, arrest him on your word? Give a me a freaking break.

Well I hope you jack-offs are happy (you know who you are..) you wanted to start a panic, and it looks like the feeble minded took your bait.

#3382 4 years ago

Here is what I am gonna say than I am out of this thread. Please dont bait me I hate that crap.

I indeed have prepared a lengthily email to the local police in his town. I did call and get a name of the detective to talk to if I so chose. What I am going to say is that if refunds dont happen in a timely manner I will fire off the email to the local police. Nope I dont have a stake in this but many of my internet friends do. Why do I care because lots of them wont take the initiative to help themselves. Maybe I am shit stain like ted said. I can live with that. Maybe I crash the whole game. But in the end People who have been asking for their money back will hopeful get it. I can live at night knowing I helped 50 people get refunds.

I will admit this. I AM LOUD. I am big I am brute and I am direct to the point person. I dont pull punches. I tell it like I see it. I have no filter. Its a issue of mine personally. But to those who know me in person can attest that I am legit nice guy who just does not like to be F*cked with or see his friends done in the same manner. Yup I am the guy who will knock a fool out for grabbing his girls butt and start a whole bar fight. Thats me. But its who I am and all I want to do is help people get money back that they want. I would like if everyone in this thread who truly wants a refund to please me just saying I want a refund. That way I can compile a list of names to give to them if this goes south. Whats more important here people get a game or people who want money back get money back. Are you going to be the person who says my game is more important that joe blows refund?

Again I am really not gonna say another peep about this. In fact after talking to the mods I encourage them to thread eject me for real this time to avoid temptation. I really want the best for my friends who want refunds.

#3383 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Devilsturner, put the crack pipe down, what do you think the police can do about this? Lol this is America man, not Cuba! What do you think the cops are going to do, arrest him on your word? Give a me a freaking break.
Well I hope you jack-offs are happy (you know who you are..) you wanted to start a panic, and it looks like the feeble minded took your bait.

They will hopefully investigate and push him to give refunds to those who want it. That is all. Later fellas and good luck and God bless to all.

#3384 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

They will hopefully investigate and push him to give refunds to those who want it. That is all. Later fellas and good luck and God bless to all.

Ahhh phulease...stop watching FOX news man, it's rotting your brain, you're paranoid.

#3385 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm more confused why you think the police wouldn't investigate this as possible fraud? At this point, I can't even find a record of him establishing a corporation (of any kind) here in Michigan. If 250 people do not get what they paid for and they can't even get a refund ... I'm pretty sure the police would investigate.

#3386 4 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

Again I am really not gonna say another peep about this. In fact after talking to the mods I encourage them to thread eject me for real this time to avoid temptation.

Your wish is granted.

You've got two left.

#3387 4 years ago

Did you see the movie Tucker? All you have to do is show that you tried to make the product. If he tried then there is no fraud..just a failed business and investors.

#3388 4 years ago

99.999% of the time when you call the cops about a money transaction dispute, the cops say that it is a civil matter, and that you have to take the person to court.

#3389 4 years ago

Holy crap, people...you guys are acting like the refunds should all be issued TONIGHT.

How many people do you think have requested a refund from Kevin over the past few days? He's probably got, like, eighty billion emails.

That's not going to be immediate...and posting his personal info, stuff about his wife, where they go on vacation, what they ate last night, and then working on getting the cops to his door is NOT going to help out!

Things are in motion, and the process will not be immediate. I'm not giving any time-tables (because I'm just not that smart)...but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.

Pete

#3390 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Holy crap, people...you guys are acting like the refunds should all be issued TONIGHT.

Maybe he could start with just one of the people asking in this thread?

#3391 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

...and posting his personal info, stuff about his wife, where they go on vacation, what they ate last night, and then working on getting the cops to his door is NOT going to help out!

I'm digging through the garbage cans on the side of their garage right now.

digger.jpg
#3392 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

So there is portion of the people here that are jack-offs and another portion that are feeble minded? Wow. Be careful not to slip off the lofty perch you placed yourself on.

#3393 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

So there is portion of the people here that are jack-offs and another portion that are feeble minded? Wow. Be careful not to slip off the lofty perch you placed yourself on.

If the shoe fits bud....

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Did you see the movie Tucker? All you have to do is show that you tried to make the product. If he tried then there is no fraud..just a failed business and investors.

Actually, all you have to do is show that he SAID he had a license to build Predator pinball machines when he didn't and he used that lie to take your money.

#3395 4 years ago

Still, you have to prove he meant to defraud.

#3396 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

99.999% of the time when you call the cops about a money transaction dispute, the cops say that it is a civil matter, and that you have to take the person to court.

This is SO different. You guys are crazy. We're not talking small claims here .. we're talking somewhere between 700K and 1.1 million! We're talking money transactions that not only crossed state lines but international lines (wire fraud). We're talking about clear and documented communication from him that can easily be proven as lies (and thus, fraud). Unless Fox comes out and says yep, we gave him a license to use and there was never a problem and we never asked him to take down the Predator content, then he was LYING. He intended to deceive. Fraud! And unless he can realistically account for how all of the money was spent ... more fraud. Has anyone ever watched American Greed??

#3397 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If the shoe fits bud....

Ain't your bud, bud.

I'm just wondering how a warning wasn't issued for a personal attack to, you know, 1/2 the posters here, bud.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Things are in motion,

Please elaborate, because after three weeks I still have not received any acknowledgement from Kevin that he has even seen my refund request (some other people are going on three months)...

#3399 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Still, you have to prove he meant to defraud.

No, he has to prove that he has the license he claimed he had when selling the machines for preorder dollars.

#3400 4 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

but I'd seriously appreciate it if people would take a few deep breaths and play some pinball for a bit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside