New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 108377)

The Official Pinside Kevin Kulek Skit-B Predator Discussion

By Xerico

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18,418 posts
  • 824 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 days ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200619_181740 (resized).jpg
20181223_161836 (resized).jpg
E16C0850-4F24-4E9B-AC12-7791B43AF112 (resized).jpeg
Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18418 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 369.
#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So there's probably 225 people still in.... assume 1/3 asked for a refund, thats 75 emails... even at a snails pace of 5 minutes per email - the whole list is done is a few hours.
Sooooooooo, once again calling bullshit on this last message.

Let's not even talk about how long it takes to get through the entire list of emails, as there is probably multiples from people, so the list could be many multiples longer.

So lets just assume he has a Mountain of emails from the last few days to get through. Lets just see the first one. Unless we are to believe that the mountain of emails from the last few days began with an avalanche of emails from people who aren't in this thread, then someone here has a non-form letter personal response, hopefully with clear answers to their questions.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Next time I go to court I am taking a tablet and using wiki. No need for an attorney eh?

That's not all that different from what I see many attorneys doing anyway . . .

#3254 5 years ago

Something to read while we are all sitting around waiting for our email responses:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/03/get-to-the-choppa-the-predator-is-joining-the-cast-of-mortal-kombat-x/

#3255 5 years ago

I hope we get some real news soon...

wonka the suspense is terrible.gif
#3256 5 years ago

If I had sent Kevin money and was involved in this fiasco directly, this would be one of the websites I'd want to visit:

http://co.midland.mi.us/Courts/75thDistrictCourt/CivilDepartment/GeneralCivil.aspx

Followed probably by this one...

http://co.midland.mi.us/ProsecutingAttorney.aspx

Waiting for some screwball to email me...??? That strategy doesn't work for me...

#3257 5 years ago

The latest email contradicts his earlier email .....

"Being a firm believer in the fact that every cloud has a silver lining, I am happy to report that we now have added staff to our support department that is waiting to happily answer any questions or concerns you may have."

I don't think he paid his "staff in the support department" either.

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Let's not even talk about how long it takes to get through the entire list of emails, as there is probably multiples from people, so the list could be many multiples longer.
So lets just assume he has a Mountain of emails from the last few days to get through. Lets just see the first one. Unless we are to believe that the mountain of emails from the last few days began with an avalanche of emails from people who aren't in this thread, then someone here has a non-form letter personal response, hopefully with clear answers to their questions.

My best guess is he will issue a few refunds to keep up the ruse. If I was a deceitful person in Kevin's shoes, I would select a few of the most vocals members here looking for a refund and issue them refunds. Those members report here they got their refund, thus creating the illusion the spigot is turned on; thus buying even more time.

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

The latest email contradicts his earlier email .....
"Being a firm believer in the fact that every cloud has a silver lining, I am happy to report that we now have added staff to our support department that is waiting to happily answer any questions or concerns you may have."
I don't think he paid his "staff in the support department" either.

Wait, this is the most recent email? Lmao. Well that's proof positive he's lurking here. After pinside reacts to one of his stellar emails, he crafts another email to dodge the critism again. Here's an idea Kevin, log into PayPal and refund the damn money. No more bullshit emails. Just do it. Quit stalling.

#3260 5 years ago

Guys, he really does live in fantasyland. All you have to do to figure it out is Google a couple names.

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Guys, he really does live in fantasyland. All you have to do to figure it out is Google a couple names.

do tell

#3262 5 years ago

Not that it really matters, but this situation reeks of a high achiever with a substance abuse problem.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Wait, this is the most recent email? Lmao. Well that's proof positive he's lurking here. After pinside reacts to one of his stellar emails, he crafts another email to dodge the critism again. Here's an idea Kevin, log into PayPal and refund the damn money. No more bullshit emails. Just do it. Quit stalling.

No this is his earlier email

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Oh, I misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

And the support e-mail no longer works. I tried to send a refund request to support before sending it to Kevin directly..... multiple times.

#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

This is where they live?! Which one is the factory? I want to go!

fantasyland.jpg
#3267 5 years ago

I've sent multiple refund emails, and have got nothing from him back (email response or money). I also am not getting some of these recent emails he has sent out.

KEVIN RESPOND TO US, AND REFUND MY MONEY!

#3268 5 years ago

I really have to re-make the point that refunds are unlikely. I'm not making a call on whether it's all over or not, how would I know? But, if it IS all over, then everyone ranks pari passu and he cannot start at one end of a list and give out refunds until the money runs out and then stop. Anyone who has any claim against the business whatsoever (preorder, supplier, lender) can state that anyone paid before them was preferentially treated. The only way it can be handled is to freeze everything and then distribute equally at x cents in the dollar to everyone at once. That's how insolvency works. And if you get a refund tomorrow I wouldn't spend it as you could get a knock at the door from future liquidators with full court backing wanting it back.

#3269 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I really have to re-make the point that refunds are unlikely. I'm not making a call on whether it's all over or not, how would I know? But, if it IS all over, then everyone ranks pari passu and he cannot start at one end of a list and give out refunds until the money runs out and then stop. Anyone who has any claim against the business whatsoever (preorder, supplier, lender) can state that anyone paid before them was preferentially treated. The only way it can be handled is to freeze everything and then distribute equally at x cents in the dollar to everyone at once. That's how insolvency works. And if you get a refund tomorrow I wouldn't spend it as you could get a knock at the door from the liquidators with full court backing wanting it back.

I don't know how they do it down in Oz, but if I had some asshole knocking at my door wanting to take my refund back, he would be greeted with the end of my shotgun barrel.

#3270 5 years ago

Very curious, I cannot find any corporation registered in Michigan even remotely close to "Skit-B". The only company's with the word Pinball in their name at all are below. From what I've read you must register the corporation first before applying for nonprofit status (so it should be on file). Also interesting is that the law states "In Michigan, your nonprofit corporation must have at least three directors at a minimum". So if this truly is set up as a nonprofit who are the other 2 Directors on the hook here? Aaron Klumpp left a while ago, no? Now I'm really curious if they ever actually got around to registering this business officially?

Comp.jpg

#3271 5 years ago

I think we just want him to say something...anything of substance. And he for whatever reason is shutting us all out. I harbour no ill will towards the guy at all, and hope he can make something of all this, but the spin doctor fluff is simply frustrating. Just give us the straight truth.

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I don't know how they do it down in Oz, but if I had some asshole knocking at my door wanting to take my refund back, he would be greeted with the end of my shotgun barrel.

They took our shotguns away in 1996.

#3273 5 years ago

His wife's website also has a phone number and an email address. Maybe we should try those as well?

#3274 5 years ago

I know a lot of people are throwing their hands up and just admitting defeat saying the money is gone. But you should at the very least contact your credit card company (if you paid that way through paypal - and you should have).

For anyone thinking of doing a chargeback the rules are generally listed as six months, however there are exceptions and extensions that can be tacked on. One extension being for pre-order products that are being hand assembled. And this most certainly falls into that category. For guys that have the money to blow, great, wait it out and see if you get that last minute hail mary. But for others who are on a tighter budget, do not wait any longer, at least make that call and see what recourse you have.

Paypal is a dead end as they will do absolutely nothing after 180 days unless they hear from your credit card company.

#3275 5 years ago

Didn't realize there were chargeback extensions...something to look into then.
Thanks for the info.

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

His wife's website also has a phone number and an email address. Maybe we should try those as well?

I would only do that...... if we had heard he fled the country with a suitcase full of money. Which I don't think that has happened yet.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Very curious, I cannot find any corporation registered in Michigan even remotely close to "Skit-B"

Does anyone still believe that SkitB is a business with an actual business license.

#3278 5 years ago

Has anyone tried sending a certified letter from a Michigan based attorney?

#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Didn't realize there were chargeback extensions...something to look into then.
Thanks for the info.

This is info I was given by one of the big banks. I'm sure each bank has their own set of rules. But everyone concerned should at least make that call for their own peace of mind. And be persistent, ask for a higher up if need be.

#3280 5 years ago

Man, this ain't looking pretty. I got out way back in June. No pics of mfr facility at deposit time was a deal-breaker for me.

So who else got out and got refunded?

peace.jpg

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

boob olivia.gif1

Thank you Ted

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When I had CCC at expo in the booth right next to Kevin & Predator two expos back, I heard him say "It costs me 4 grand every time I build one of these things". That's without paying someone else to build them.

It doesn't cost Kevin anything, only us poor schlubs that bought into this scam. Does anyone really think Kevin would risk a cent of his own money on this train wreck? This isnt a question or attack to you epthegeek, just using your post to quote.

Btw, Kevin I know you're reading this, refund my money!

#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I know a lot of people are throwing their hands up and just admitting defeat saying the money is gone. But you should at the very least contact your credit card company (if you paid that way through paypal - and you should have).

I used my Discover card through Paypal and they had no problem in opening a dispute from my February 2014 transaction when I called them.

#3284 5 years ago

So.... no one has received an email from his hours of responding to everyone?

#3285 5 years ago

Not me, just resent refund request (yaknow, in case he missed it...)

#3286 5 years ago

If he wasn't lying and scamming, he would have definitely posted in this thread by now. Something useful, not a long winded dance around the issues.

#3287 5 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Does anyone still believe that SkitB is a business with an actual business license.

nope!

#3288 5 years ago

From the DP sideshow, we learned that a bunch of refund/fraud requests are submitted, the PayPal gets locked down until the owner can convince PayPal to open it back up. May have already happened here as well (or could happen) . PayPal is pretty serious about these kinds of things. DP took especially long to resolve given the conflict between business partners (at least you don't have that here as well)

#3289 5 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

God help him if he doesn't. If this goes south he's on the hook for everything personally. How would he be reporting $750,000 of **income**? PayPal 1099's. That just can't be true.

#3290 5 years ago

My Paypal is set up through my debit card through Bank of America with a visa logo, would I be able to contact them about a chargeback or is that just on a full blown credit card?

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Chances are very good that Skit-B doesn't have the money--it is gone, or most all gone. An endeavor that probably started out with good intentions has seriously gone off the rails and likely turned into fraud, I'm afraid.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

God help him if he doesn't. If this goes south he's on the hook for everything personally. How would he be reporting $750,000 of **income**? PayPal 1099's. That just can't be true.

Maybe the money is being used in someone else's name? Hmm???

#3293 5 years ago

I wonder if you sent him an email now saying that you would buy two games and pay upfront, whether your email will get responded in order?

Going to try a credit card charge back, nothing to lose!

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Chances are very good that Skit-B doesn't have the money--it is gone, or most all gone. An endeavor that probably started out with good intentions has seriously gone off the rails and turned into fraud, I'm afraid.

Where could all that money have gone? Im pretty sure hes not buying a new house or driving a Mercedes. I think some is gone but I seriously dont see where the rest could have gone?

#3295 5 years ago

His wife apparently bought a house last year...

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Where could all that money have gone? Im pretty sure hes not buying a new house or driving a Mercedes. I think some is gone but I seriously dont see where the rest could have gone?

Experts of dangerous R and D

#3297 5 years ago

He might have invested it all in Jpop machines.

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

His wife apparently bought a house last year...

Well if that is true I hope she is enjoying her house as her husband is in prison on fraud charges.

#3299 5 years ago

My Paypal is set up through my debit card through Bank of America with a visa logo, would I be able to contact them about a chargeback or is that just on a full blown credit card?

My advice is to contact Band Of America and ask them how your credit charges are handled.

My bank treats my credit charges as a normal Mastercard.

Marcus

#3300 5 years ago

Go to the link I posted for midland public records, login as guest, search Kulek, and her name comes up as sole purchaser late last year. All public info, but apparently I can't directly link it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 3.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.00
$ 700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 18418 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 369.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside