Topic Stats

• 18,413 posts
  • 823 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200619_181740 (resized).jpg
20181223_161836 (resized).jpg
E16C0850-4F24-4E9B-AC12-7791B43AF112 (resized).jpeg
Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18413 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 369.
#3051 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nice. Partagas and Fuente are my favorites.
As far as waiting...hard to tell...BUT, we have no choice. When he gets everything sorted out, we'll get the news....good or bad....why waste time guessing...

Yep, partagas 1845 black gigante, 6x60. My favorite smoke. Haven't puffed anything else in a year.

As for time, at some point, Kevin has to run out of it. Imo, for everyone's sake, the sooner the better.

#3052 5 years ago

On my way out...later guys!

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know that IF this all implodes I would prefer he does not refund some in full now and less to others later. IF this is all imploding like some beleive then the best course of action would be to refund an equal percent to all (again assuming that some amount of money is already spent and he is not able to do 100%).

If one single unpaid supplier forces liquidation, then all preorders stand in line as an unsecured creditor. If the enterprise is already insolvent, then any payments made to anybody while insolvent will be chased down by the liquidators as a preferential payment made while insolvent and be deemed illegal and reversed. Any enterprise on the verge of insolvency will be advised to not pay anyone anything, lest it be deemed such a payment. Hopefully there is enough money to strike a deal with everyone, but I don't think refunds will be possible right now.

#3054 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...as much as you can be an ass sometimes, that WAS pretty funny...

(referring to post #3034 by lowepg)

Gotta agree on this one. Well played lowepg, well played!

#3055 5 years ago

Last night's purchases in anticipation of the BiG Smoke at KimballsPinballs and TPF next weekend.
Might have to light one tonight.....just cuz

IMAG2839.jpg
#3056 5 years ago

Hard to keep up with all that's being said, but I can confirm that Jack [JJP] nor spooky has been contacted to assemble "the game". Can we still even say Predator?

We all know there's no way in Hell Stern would do it. So who's left? More smoke and mirrors?

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so everyone else is allowed to guess at random shit , but I am not?
Do you think he has somehow blown a bunch of cash?
If he has even spent 50k on parts that is a stretch in my mind.
He is reasonably active in the community in MI. Has anyone seen him driving a new car? Partying with hookers and blow? Anything to even hint that he has been using money for anything besides parts for the 10 games we have seen at this point?

Its naive to think in 3 years time he's only spent money on the ten games. He had to pay matt at back alley for the parts not just 10, paid the artist for the playfields, paid spooky to do up the playfields however many that is, paid the virtual pin guy for cabs, however many that is, he's gone to countless shows paid for flights, room and board, food for the trips. The guy also made a statement in one of the old threads about purchasing some type of tools for manufacturing, now im not sure if he ever did but he mentioned it.

Im on board with Nate, pull the plug and salvage face the best you can and return money back to us the preorder folks. The longer this goes on the more likely it is that more money goes out the window. From my observations this project is dead and im not willing to pony up more money to maybe get a game to production. That's wishful thinking and not something I believe Kevin has an ability to accomplish. My 2 cents

Btw Kevin if you're reading this, refund my money.

#3058 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Hard to keep up with all that's being said, but I can confirm that Jack [JJP] nor spooky has been contacted to assemble "the game". Can we still even say Predator?
We all know there's no way in Hell Stern would do it. So who's left? More smoke and mirrors?

It's obvious: Dutch Pinball to the rescue!

#3059 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Please pm me a piratebay link to the code once available

KickAss.to

Demonoid

#3060 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Its naive to think in 3 years time he's only spent money on the ten games. blockquote>

I am not sure when you gave him money but I did so AFTER the vast majority of what you bring up was long over.

I gave him my 3k last June (28th I thin it was for the deadline).

At that point onward he has not spent very much on games and shows have been very limited.

#3061 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not sure when you gave him money but I did so AFTER the vast majority of what you bring up was long over.
I gave him my 3k last June (28th I thin it was for the deadline).
At that point onward he has not spent very much on games and shows have been very limited.

I don't think he kept YOUR money in a separate envelope only to be opened when he started making your machine

It's POSSIBLE (just guessing here), that all the money was deposited into an account.

#3062 5 years ago

Skit Goggles.png

#3063 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

At that point onward he has not spent very much on games and shows have been very limited

Do you know this like you knew the license was fine? Seriously, is this a WAG or actual knowledge behind it?

#3064 5 years ago

LOL!!

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

He had to pay matt at back alley for the parts not just 10, paid the artist for the playfields, paid spooky to do up the playfields however many that is, paid the virtual pin guy for cabs, however many that is, he's gone to countless shows paid for flights, room and board, food for the trips. The guy also made a statement in one of the old threads about purchasing some type of tools for manufacturing, now im not sure if he ever did but he mentioned it.

And what about the custom manufactured boards? I'll bet development and mfg of that shit ain't cheap. I know some of it was PRoc but he was showing off a custom board in one of his videos. There are so many ways that could have gone wrong and unanticipated costs could have piled up.

#3066 5 years ago

I don't care who you are, that's some funny shite right there.
(Arnold sporting SkitB goggles)

#3067 5 years ago

Here is a post from SkitB from the locked thread. Sorry for formatting issues, I couldn't quote it here. This is SkitB (Kevin) responding to some posts (3 months ago).
Stuff in quotation marks is from SkitB

BoozeMarlin said:

He didn't make any mention or use of the word Predator

"Predator."

YKpinballer said:

if he included a sentence that said "The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about." that he would be in breach of his contract?

"I wasn't aware that the rumors had reached that point. A re-theme? Really? Sure, YKpinballer, I think you've said it best already, so I'll just make your words my own:
The game will look great and meet everybody's expectations with no surprises like a re-theme or whatever people have been talking about."

Whridlsoncestood said:

40 balls. So 10 games.

"Somebody did their homework "

SadSack said:

Nothing has changed and that pile of parts proves nothing. A bunch of gunnas, a half apology and a few bulk bags of PF parts is less than required to quell thinking people.
Apparently the thought of actually sharing the specific difficulties encountered is "unhealthy".
The first rule of the Predator: "Never mention the Predator." The only thing missing was the pitch for mythbusters deposits. Apparently the run on the bank finally got his attention.

"This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here. I can understand if you personally don't feel satiated by what was posted above, but "that pile of parts" certainly does prove more than "nothing," and there has obviously never been any mention of deposits for anything related to the mythbusters or their upcoming game. An open forum is no place for any person of any level of public scrutiny, as I can assure you that all of these types of jabs, however unfounded they are, are certainly felt and taken on a very personal level. At the very least, this post did bring up an issue that I feel needs to be addressed directly.
We have been working very closely with PayPal for a long time to make sure that every penny that goes through us is well-protected and secure. They have been extremely helpful and have developed a strong personal rapport with us that affords us the luxury of open and direct communication in any and all situations. With the security of all funds being absolutely paramount in ANY foreseeable case, there are processes that must be followed and while they can take a bit of time to work with, the end result is that even if we were to literally die or encounter a license issue or disappear to Venezuela or whatever other rumors there may be, we do so without risking a cent of your money."

#3068 5 years ago

Wow. Just caught up on all this. I'm not even in the game and I need a cigar and a glass of cognac when I get home. Crikey!!!

#3069 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

if we were to literally die or encounter a license issue or disappear to Venezuela or whatever other rumors there may be, we do so without risking a cent of your money."

However, knowing that Kevin is a liar, this is not overly believable and especially begs the question, with what money is he buying the materials and running the company then? The claims don't really add up to me...

#3070 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Although he knows some programming, firewalls are clearly not his strong point.

If you are implying that you have hacked into his file servers and downloaded his Predator code... that would be uncool. If you start sharing that code, that could just make matters worse for his relationship with Fox.

#3071 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you are implying that you have hacked into his file servers and downloaded his Predator code... that would be uncool. If you start sharing that code, that could just make matters worse for his relationship with Fox.

I'm pretty sure he's just joking, but who knows if he gave somebody else the idea...

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While I'm watching Texas lose to Butler

Condolences on the Butler loss. They're a good team, but Notre Dame is next. Let's see what they do against the Irish.

Hopefully, the beer was good, at least.

#3073 5 years ago

I filed a dispute with my CC company that I used when going through PayPal; hopefully they find in my favor.

#3074 5 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I filed a dispute with my CC company that I used when going through PayPal; hopefully they find in my favor.

Sorry you had to go that route. I hope it works out for you. Best of luck!

#3075 5 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Condolences on the Butler loss. They're a good team, but Notre Dame is next. Let's see what they do against the Irish.
Hopefully, the beer was good, at least.

Beer is still flowing, you just saw talented basketball dummies versus less talented guys that know how to get it done with Teamwork.

Sound familiar?

#3076 5 years ago

As much as I want this game and I want to support SkitB, a start up, I am out. You can only take so much.

Now let's see how much of his special deal with Paypal that our monies are 100% safe is true.

#3077 5 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

What happened to all the gingerheads and boobies? This thread's not worth reading anymore

You rang?

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's obvious: Dutch Pinball to the rescue!

Ugh I hope not honestly, they just dug out of drama.. However it would somewhat make sense:
- they are already doing CM, so they could use their relationship there to subcontract that out after TBL machines.
- they are already talking to Roger and getting smarter about licenses; required here.
- predator is using proc right? So is DP so they will have experience (the only experience?) Using them in a production run.

If the people (DP or whoever) that was in negotiations with were also in the dark about license problems (Kevin trying to compartmentalize his problems) I imagine if they've seen the email they are rethinking anyways. And if that falls through, maybe that'll force his hand to make the right call and refund everyone what he can.

#3079 5 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do you know this like you knew the license was fine? Seriously, is this a WAG or actual knowledge behind it?

I assume the vast majority of people paid nothing in over the original $250 until the deadline last June.

Since last June we know that SkitB has traveled to Chicago Expo in October. As far as I remember shows before that were MGC and TPF, but not completely sure. Those were both prior to June deadline.

After June deadline we have seen travel to 1 show which was in driving proximity, 10 cabs, 10 pfs, the majority of enough parts to build only 10 games, plus stuff made by back alley for 250 games. We have also seen 1 prototype #2 game.

Prior to June we saw a 100%? completed Predator wit no major cost based changes since then.
I would presume in a worst case scenario 100k has been spent at this point. That assumes 50k in games for the 10 in production phase and 50k in fluff for travel to 1 show and poor use of money to live life and work on game #2?

I can not see any way that more than that has been spent and even that is a stretch.

Kevin should be refunding anyone that requests a refund their money and he should do so within a week or 2 of request. At minimum he should be communicating with every person that has requested a refund to let them know status, even if it is to say that it will take X days for refund to process. We saw from the previous poll that a few months ago there were lots of people that had successfully gotten refunds.

I think it would go a long way to restore faith for those on the fence if those that requesting refunds got them in short order.

#3080 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm not implying anything of the sort, that sounds illegal.

I'm am just saying that if you apparently don't have your firewall set up, all your stuff is right out in the open with just the simplest of scripts.

Even megabucks Sony, could not stop 2 of it's ex-employees from stealing it's movies, emails, games and blaming it on North Korea.

-

Nothing can stop buyers of Kevin's Jungle Assault game from writing their own Predator code and doing a conversion. They might make it very similar to Kevin's code, he had a lot of great ideas.

#3081 5 years ago

Guys as you are aware Kevin does not frequent Pinside as much as he once did. I can organize a Q&A with Kevin for all the buyers of Predator here on Pinside if that would make you feel better.

Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there..............

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Guys as you are aware Kevin does not frequent Pinside as much as he once did. I can organize a Q&A with Kevin for all the buyers of Predator here on Pinside if that would make you feel better.

Jetzxi,

As an Predator Buyer, I appreciate the offer. I want to say thank you for offering to help.

But ...

Unless Kevin is willing to give no bullshit answers, I personally think a Q&A is a waste of time.

Marcus

#3083 5 years ago

"I think it would go a long way to restore faith for those on the fence if those that requesting refunds got them in short order."

It would if they could. At this point it's either all in or refund pro rata.

That's why there aren't any refunds going out the door

Good news is that this debacle is gonna get resolved shortly.

I think Kevin should shut it down and move on. I don't think the greedy outsiders will make it possible for him to survive this. Just my opinion

#3084 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Uh no. He should get his ass on here and tell the truth himself

The idea that he doesn't frequent Pinside is beyond comical.

And pathetic. Excuse after excuse

#3085 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not implying anything of the sort, that sounds illegal.
I'm am just saying that if you apparently don't have your firewall set up, all your stuff is right out in the open with just the simplest of scripts.
Even megabucks Sony, could not stop 2 of it's ex-employees from stealing it's movies, emails, games and blaming it on North Korea.
-
Nothing can stop buyers of Kevin's Jungle Assault game from writing their own Predator code and doing a conversion. They might make it very similar to Kevin's code, he had a lot of great ideas.

you sound like an 'ol LOD guy from the 80's

#3086 5 years ago

How is that an excuse, he doesn't come here. I pointed out things that are being said on here about him / SkitB today and he wanted to know if a Q&A might help, so here I am asking.

Do you guys want Kevin to come on Pinside and do a Q&A?

#3087 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

How is that an excuse, he doesn't come here. I pointed out things that are being said on here about him / SkitB today and he wanted to know if a Q&A might help, so here I am asking.

yes. communication is needed (and has been needed)

I would like Kevin to come to Pinside for a q&a.

I think it would be a good idea to get a moderator involved as there are obviously some people that will ask beyond mean questions at this stage and it may be a good idea to have a mod enlisted to be ready if things spiral at any point.

It may also be a good idea to field some questions in advance.

#3088 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Ugh I hope not honestly, they just dug out of drama.. However it would somewhat make sense:
- they are already doing CM, so they could use their relationship there to subcontract that out after TBL machines.
- they are already talking to Roger and getting smarter about licenses; required here.
- Predator is using proc right? So is DP so they will have experience (the only experience?) Using them in a production run.
If the people (DP or whoever) that was in negotiations with were also in the dark about license problems (Kevin trying to compartmentalize his problems) I imagine if they've seen the email they are rethinking anyways. And if that falls through, maybe that'll force his hand to make the right call and refund everyone what he can.

Uh. You do realize I was being sarcastic, right?

It would not make much sense to make Predator overseas and ship them to the states. Never mind the fact that DP is not an "experienced pinball manufacturer" (or words to that effect) that was referenced in Kevin's email.

#3089 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I would think he would already know the majority of his customers are trying to reach him for reassurance that games are being built....or refunds are underway (even if he doesn't read Pinside anymore). I think a Q/A would be helpful, but seriously doubt anyone will trust what he says.

#3090 5 years ago

delete/duplicate post

#3091 5 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

you sound like an 'ol LOD guy from the 80's

Those guys were great.

LOD.jpg
#3092 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

No need to ask. He needs to come answer. And I'm throwing Jpop in the same conversation on his end.

Pull your head out of your ass Kevin, John and deliver some F ing answers.

How about that?

#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Your a straight shooter. The deal I had with tommy and demo man was great. So I know your a good dude. He needs to come back here and print some checks is what he needs to do. no questions asked REFUNDS.

#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think it would be a good idea to get a moderator involved as there are obviously some people that will ask beyond mean questions at this stage and it may be a good idea to have a mod enlisted to be ready if things spiral at any point.

The only thing that really matters is this. If I ask for a refund why do I not have it 24 hours later WHY WHY WHY WHYSNOW!

#3095 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

No need for that, WhySnow. I have faith that you can control yourself during a Q&A session.

#3096 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Guys as you are aware Kevin does not frequent Pinside as much as he once did

Better stated he AVOIDS PINSIDE

#3097 5 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Why is this even a question?

Communication on Pinside is what made Skit-B-Skit-B. This place built them. And this place could save them too... if he just communicates. That's all he has ever needed to do. From the start: clear, quick, honest communication has been the major lacking occurrence.

Whats done is done...

There is a fire raging right now... and Kevin's words are THE ONLY way to possibly put out the fire. However if he is not 100% forthcoming and honest, his words will become gasoline...

If Kevin is holding any cards... has any news... has any facts that are not known... there has never been a better time to come to Pinside and share them with the very people who want to hear it. For his own sake... he should. Yes. Do not delay... not two weeks.

Quoted from Whysnow:

It may also be a good idea to field some questions in advance.

Agreed.

Aurich + Xerico might be a good choices for what you propose.

#3098 5 years ago

This explains Skit B to a tee

#3099 5 years ago

I'd like succinct answers on where my (almost) $5 grand went towards and if I'm getting my pred. Haven't liked the last few emails, but willing to let Kevin explain. Just be honest Kev. You're still a decent guy, one of us. Just share. Yeah, I'm confused and upset. That's life. I'll get over it.

#3100 5 years ago

I would support the idea of a Q&A!
Here are my questions:

1. I asked for a full refund. When do I get it?
2. I asked for a full refund. When do I get it?
3. I asked for a full refund. When do I get it?

I need a very concrete answer this time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 19.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 18413 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 369.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside