Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 367.
#3002 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am actually still confident that something will get worked out and that Kevin will take care of everyone

stockholm-syndrome-1-728.jpg

#3003 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Or, the whole thing falls to shit and whatever is left gets divvied up.

I guess the real question is what exactly is left? Was Kevin drawing a salary from the company? Consulting fees?

Hilton feels 93% of the money is left. My guess is if correct many would be happy to hear that. If the number is more around 50% then maybe people wouldn't be happy to hear that but it is what it is. If it is 15% left then those sharpening the pitchforks will go nuts as that would mean some kind of compensation was drawn out of the company and that is where people are going to get very upset fast.

#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I guess the real question is what exactly is left?

Yes, and right now it's a GUESS from everybody. I just want to see the next announcement from Kevin.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah. There are a lot of legal requirements of having the non profit status, and a lot of things that could get him in trouble. For example, if he really is a non profit, he would have had to close the fiscal year on a lot of the payments he has already gotten. There are numerous tax implications here. Much bigger problems than I think he can really imagine.

yea... and "the man" isn't real forgiving when it comes to that... if he truly is what he claims he is, and hasn't done the accounting to the letter (in multiple years, no less), building pinball machines will be the least of his issues...

agree with your "real problem with that" post as well...

#3006 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, and right now it's a GUESS from everybody. I just want to see the next announcement from Kevin.

Ok is that a joke wink or a real wink. Saying that now is taking on some serious ownership Ted.

#3007 4 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

This thread is a sad read. I went through similar fear with BoP 2.0 when all the DP drama erupted. Thankfully it tuned out fine in the end but man it was shitty thinking the project may be imploding. Sending positive vibes to all those still in on Predator. Hopefully you guys get your game or your money.

It shows that things can look bad and till turn out. This being said.. Not sure its apples to apples situation.

#3008 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

This whole situation SUCKS, but there is no reason to vent anger towards Ted. From what I see, he was the only one to call Kevin and let everyone know what he could and could not say. For that he has to be given crap? At least he tried to provide some info to all involved. Point your anger towards to where it is deserved, not where it shouldn't.

+1

#3009 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do people think a bunch of cash is mysteriously gone?

Actions speak louder than words and silence is deafening.

My guess Kevin never had more than a few thousand dollars in his life before he got nearly a million dollars, and since then he's been a ghost. Come on Kevin chime in and correct everyone.

You ever see Breaking bad? The episode when Walt gave his life savings to buy the RV? How'd that go?

#3010 4 years ago

He is waiting until everything is IN PLACE...otherwise it's just more "this might happen...that might happen" stuff

#3011 4 years ago

Hopefully none of it went towards the Pine River place last year.

#3012 4 years ago

I gotta get to doing something REALLY important. Cigar Dinner tonight. The Cigar Club brought over a top chef from Dublin and he's cooking a 5 course meal tonight. Cigars, food and Bushmills (?) and Guinness....

(Chef Keith is on the right!)

ph chef.jpg
#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If we take a random guess that those parts total 5k per game (over shooting on this one) that means $50,000 spent out of 750k on actual parts.

I imagine it is way higher. It's amazing how much money you can piss through when engaging in any business activity. Everything costs money and everyone has their hand out. Kevin also sounded extremely confident (dare I say arrogant) in some of his postings. That could be symptomatic of someone that has unjustified confidence in their project. He could have been telling himself dozens of times, "we'll make up for this extra cost down the road.." Experts of Dangerous could have been a desperate money grab that was an epic failure. Who knows. Anyway, I doubt they had appreciation for the $$$ because the money fell out of the sky for Predator. They probably blew more money than anyone could imagine and have jack shit to show for it now.

#3014 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Well, I can say with a 100% authority on the subject; the courts will not buy an excuse like that and will string him up if he tries to play cutesy with the judge.

I'm not saying Kevin start the torrent, I'm saying one of the 250 owners copy his files.

His home computer is wide open right now.

#3015 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Say what you want, Kevin has been lying just like John.

OR Just pull the plug and life goes on. I.e. Jpop

Sorry I stopped looking at Jpop thread not enough boobs. But are you saying Jpop pulled the plug on his games?

#3016 4 years ago

never seen breaking bad as I don't watch much TV.

I currently think that shit is still being worked out. The fact that Martin has not published anything and so far has not returned either email I have sent, but has been confirmed to be working on a story, tells me there is still hope that this will all work out. He is silent and the story is not publishable yet.

I will continue to take it on faith that 2 important things are occuring now and that neither can be talked about by Kevin until they are solidified.
1> someone that knows what they are doing has gotten involved to help out with the license issues. We have seen other examples int he recent past of other companies getting help. If those issues can get sorted out (and that is a WAY higher profile license) then for now I will beleive that these will also get sorted out.
2> someome with manufacturing experience is being talked to and trying to work stuff out.

What I would like and have asked for is a timeline of when these things will become public info.

I would also like for those requesting a refund to have it issued. Kevin needs to take action on those asking for money back. Let's be honest here, IF the game gets made and only 150 out of the original 250 are in currently then there will be no issue for Kevin to sell the remaining 100 after the first ~50 have been delievered. I would actually guess he could easily sell them at a premium or inflated price after the first couple batches come out (again assuming that license securement is confident with whatever comes to light and people know the games are being made).

It actually woudl be kind of crazy but entirely possible that a scenario could work out where people bailing now would allow Kevin to actually make an eventual profit buy selling the last 100 games for 6000 and announcing that after all the current stuff gets worked out. I have to assume that an extra 125k would take care of any license issues and likely cover a good chunk of any manufacturing help?

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks. I've gotten a lot of PM's and have been chatting there. A few of you have asked me to come back here.

Welcome back, Ted. You're a good egg. The next cigar is on me.

#3018 4 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

This is the magic of being a small, non-profit company. Not only does it keep the games more affordable, everything we get goes right back into the company itself as a direct investment towards the next game. Sounds like a system that works, to me.

Hmmm, maybe a silver lining to the issue....

Since Kevin set this up as a nonprofit, I wonder if the prepayers can write-off their payments as charitable deductions?

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Welcome back, Ted. You're a good egg. The next cigar is on me.

Thanks Razor!

wonka cigar.jpg
#3020 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You ever see Breaking bad? The episode when Walt gave his life savings to buy the RV? How'd that go?

That RV was a great investment, it grew into 80 million dollars.

Kevin should be so lucky.

#3021 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I find no value in bitching and going over the same speculation over and over and over.

Amen my friend!

Like i said in another thread, i'm in this till the end. I'm hoping Predator still gets made. But i'm realistic enough to accept that this may never come to be. Like Ted i really see no use in going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Damn i'm being pulled in!!!!

#3022 4 years ago

I'm wondering if Kevin had to advance money to the Mythbusters guys to use their image on EOD and if so, how much?

#3023 4 years ago

When news is ready...we'll get it....THEN

crowd angry.gif

or...

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just want to see the next announcement from Kevin.

bert.gif

#3026 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hmmm, maybe a silver lining to the issue....
Since Kevin set this up as a nonprofit, I wonder if the prepayers can write-off their payments as charitable deductions?

While I'm watching Texas lose to Butler

I'll say no way! I doubt he ever got IRS approval for a non profit status. Anybody can set up a non profit for state law purposes

Good luck taking a charitable write off!

Not saying it is but I'd take my chances with "fraud" on Schedule A

I need another beer

#3027 4 years ago

What happened to all the gingerheads and boobies? This thread's not worth reading anymore

#3028 4 years ago
Quoted from mac622:

What happened to all the gingerheads and boobies? This thread's not worth reading anymore

Ok then..

#3030 4 years ago

Would be humorous if he announced all 250 machines were shipping on April Fools Day.

predator-predators-2-will-schwarzenegger-be-involved.jpg

#3031 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lets be more serious. What really are the expeditures formt he account?
So far we have seen parts for 10 games post deposits being sent.
If we take a random guess that those parts total 5k per game (over shooting on this one) that means $50,000 spent out of 750k on actual parts. That hypothetically leaves 700k in the bank.
If Kevin decided to call it quits he could refund 93% of the funds (minus paypal cut?) to each person with little issue.
Do people really think he has been blowing large sums of money in mysterious ways?
Many people have met him and think he is an over confident but all around good guy that is in over his head. If this is the case, then unlikely he has blown through much more than the parts for 10 games.
Do people think a bunch of cash is mysteriously gone?

I can tell you where I think some of that money went, although its just speculation.
You can't tell me over the past several years he was spendin on his own dime to travel and transport the prototype Predator Pinball to Pinball Shows. I'm sure that was looked at as a business travel expense and it came out of the Skit B till to fund these trips.

#3032 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Ok then..
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hide1.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hide2.jpg 1

Now we're talking. Thank you much!

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I can tell you where I think some of that money went, although its just speculation. You can't tell me over the past several years he was spendin on his own dime to travel and transport the prototype Predator Pinball to Pinball Shows. I'm sure that was looked at as a business travel expense and it came out of the Skit B till to fund these trips.

100% agreed. Flying and freighting people and assorted crap all over the country adds up. But wait, it's expense-able so....

KramerWriteOff.jpg

#3034 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well then his tax return should be public knowledge, correct?

#3035 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not saying Kevin start the torrent, I'm saying one of the 250 owners copy his files.
His home computer is wide open right now.

That scenario, improbable as it may be ends badly for Kevin either way. Negligence will not curry favor in the laws eyes. He would be held accountable regardless of how it got out and the resulting damages the ip holder claims. Flimsy? Yes but fox has the finances to push that angle. It's just not a viable solution. In all seriousness though, this is beyond speculation a conjecture and delving into silly. I was just offering some sage advice in the off chance that crossed his mind.

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I can tell you where I think some of that money went, although its just speculation.
You can't tell me over the past several years he was spendin on his own dime to travel and transport the prototype Predator Pinball to Pinball Shows. I'm sure that was looked at as a business travel expense and it came out of the Skit B till to fund these trips.

I have no idea what is the truth, but I would assume that Kevin has another job. This creates a few issues in my mind, if I had to build 250 machines.

1. Trying to have a life all while working two full time jobs.... Family, Friends, work, school, other hobbies. I would find those important things to be next to impossible to pull off with the added work of a pinball company.

2. Making enough money ouside of Skit-B withot needing to use the "profits" you plan on making from the product that has consumed all of your time. ^

In order to run a successful startup it is imperative to have adequate capital to get you through the hard times.

I hope he was able to get this far without eating up all of the money intrusted to him thus far.

#3037 4 years ago

I really hope everyone either gets their game or a full refund.

To clarify something, a for-profit corporation has shareholders. The shareholders are the owners and are entitled to the distribution of the profits of the company in proportion to the percentage of their shares of stock.

A non-profit corporation does not have shareholders. No one is entitled to the distribution of the profits of the company (basically, they are recycled into the company). Upon the dissolution of the non-profit corporation, the articles of incorporation will provide how the assets of the company are distributed, usually to some general purpose that the non-profit corporation was pursuing or some specific similar organization. A non-profit corporation is not automatically a "tax-exempt" organization.

To be a tax exempt organization, the non-profit corporation, which is organized through the State, must then apply to the Internal Revenue Service and meet the qualifications for tax exemption. The one most people are familiar with is 501(c)(3) (the applicable section of the Internal Revenue Code)- tax exempt as a "charitable" organization.

Just because a company is non-profit doesn't mean it can't make money, pay salaries, bonuses, buy and hold assets etc. it just means that after all the expenses are taken against revenue, no profits are distributed to the shareholders (because it doesn't have them). If it has not achieved tax exempt status, it would still be subject to tax on its profits, if any (usually the corporation would just buy equipment or something to avoid profits - why pay tax when you can use that money to further the company's purpose).

That all said

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/sr_corp.asp

I don't know what they named the company (it wouldn't necessarily be Skit-B pinball, that could just be a doing business as), but I searched Michigan's business entities with the keywords pinball, Kulek and Skit-B and didn't find any registered company that I would identify as this organization. The link is above.

Just reading the posts of people who are in on the game, I really hope this works out for you.

#3038 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

That scenario, improbable as it may be ends badly for Kevin either way. Negligence will not curry favor in the laws eyes. He would be held accountable regardless of how it got out and the resulting damages the ip holder claims. Flimsy? Yes but fox has the finances to push that angle. It's just not a viable solution. In all seriousness though, this is beyond speculation a conjecture and delving into silly. I was just offering some sage advice in the off chance that crossed his mind.

Although he knows some programming, firewalls are clearly not his strong point.

#3039 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

When news is ready...we'll get it....THEN

I'm curious, Ted, what is a sufficient duration to wait? You are clearly of the mindset to wait. For how long? One week? One month? One year.? How long is it acceptable for Kevin to get his shit into one ball? One could counter that every day he's allowed to spin the wheels is another day more money and dwindling resources are diverted from what it takes to get the ship to port. There has to be a tipping point. I understand that time isn't now for you and others? It **was** two weeks ago. What is it now? I ask not out of malice but genuine curiosity.

Enjoy the cigars my good man. I am partaking in a fine partagas 1845 black as I type.image.jpg

#3040 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You sneaky old dog.

#3041 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Skit-B World HQ, Midland Michigan - Appropriately located on a street with a warning sign for any who should seek answers there.

Sorry Jared, that was low.

#3042 4 years ago

Even assuming an amicable resolution with Fox the numbers just won't work.

My educated guesses include:
$750 per game 3rd party assembly fee (minimum, plus re-engineering costs)
$200 per game license (if Fox is being incredibly generous, which they won't be)

$4750 - $950 = Not enough to build a game.

To even have a chance every owner would have to:

1) Stay in
2) Pay at least $1000 more
3) Accept major art changes and very little content from film
4) Accept 8-10 month delay

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Enjoy the cigars my good man. I am partaking in a fine partagas 1845 black as I type.

Nice. Partagas and Fuente are my favorites.
As far as waiting...hard to tell...BUT, we have no choice. When he gets everything sorted out, we'll get the news....good or bad....why waste time guessing...

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Cigar Dinner tonight.

Dang it! I picked the wrong week to go to NJ. Too late now.

#3045 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Hopefully none of it went towards the Pine River place last year.

If that's his wife, it would certainly be suspicious. How many married couples don't have both names on the title? Preparing for the shi* storm that is coming perhaps??

#3046 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Please pm me a piratebay link to the code once available

#3047 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Dang it! I picked the wrong week to go to NJ. Too late now.

Oh yeah!!...you would have loved this!
...next time arrange your plans around the dinner...

#3048 4 years ago

shitb2.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 5.47.02 PM.png

#3049 4 years ago

...as much as you can be an ass sometimes, that WAS pretty funny...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 13.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside