Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 366.
#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those could get leaked as a torrent, you never know when hackers steal all the info from your computer......

Well, I can say with a 100% authority on the subject; the courts will not buy an excuse like that and will string him up if he tries to play cutesy with the judge. I would strongly suggest Kevin avoid taking the route of "my computer got hacked" or "a friend got access to the files so he may have done it."

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

He pm'd me when I asked the question why he down voted me but wasn't replying. He told me he wasn't coming back in this thread. ::shrug::

lowepg trolled him out of the thread a few pages back.

Can't really blame Ted for departing after that.

#2953 4 years ago

Kevin's email came too early. If if was really confident it was a matter of days, he should have (re)secured the license first and then communicate.
Naming the manufacturer (having secured the deal) would have helped too.

Still not too late. But time is now playing against the project.

#2954 4 years ago

Could this be the DVD cover that Kevin read to secure the license? Does anyone have a copy of an old DVD of Predator with a phone number on it?predator_dvd_cover_by_wario64i-d8gn94l.png

#2955 4 years ago

Or maybe this one?pred.png

#2956 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I really like you man but you're full of more excuses than I thought was possible. Ted's a good dude but he shouldn't have interjected himself in this and vouched for Kevin if he wasn't willing to face the blowback. Maybe on you're block that shit flies. It doesn't on mine.

#2957 4 years ago

If I recall, when RAM Controls went bust on their Star Wars uprights and cockpits they ended up giving ghetto refunds in the way of extra parts from their website.

I'm sitting in the refund with no response queue, and right now even the 'take what I can get' idea is starting to look appealing.

#2958 4 years ago

last one...Predator-1987-Front-Cover-58616.jpg

#2959 4 years ago
#2960 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You keep alluding to the fact that you have inside info here- why not share it? Or.... not say anything at all?
Why keep teasing these guys with your access when they cant get responses for months (THEY being paying customers).

Quoted from spfxted:

Fine. I was giving info I was getting and trying to be helpful.
That's it. Bye!

Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the PM's. No worries...there are obviously some assholes on here. If you have questions...just PM me...

sounds like anyone looking to talk to Ted could PM him. He got tired of lowepg's crap and left the thread. That is not an excuse. That is his perogative to not deal with some people's BS.
He offered up to PM him if you have a question.

#2961 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like anyone looking to talk to Ted could PM him. He got tired of lowepg's crap and left the thread. That is not an excuse. That is his perogative to not deal with some people's BS.

Fair enough, I stand corrected on the excuse part. My apologies. I stand by the rest.

#2962 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You keep throwing that word..."BS". The only BS in this situation is from Kevin. Period. His project. His silence.

...and here we have another person who "knows something" gone silent.

Or, maybe he never knew anything, was suckered by Kevin, and is now too embarrassed to post....but who knows! As we've learned, silence leads to speculation. Come back, Ted!

#2963 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is not an excuse. That is his perogative to not deal with some people's BS.

But if you come on here and say what he said you should put up with the stuff and discuss. Otherwise dont say anything.

#2964 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like anyone looking to talk to Ted could PM him.

I did. I exchanged a couple of PM with him. What he wrote was useful to me.
Thanks Ted !

#2965 4 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You'd be amazed how much information you have to provide when you register things, things like websites and that.... And especially how easy it is to lookup that public information online.

Yup, surprised no one else has thought of this... and surprised Kevin didn't use an anonymous service to hide his registrar details.

#2966 4 years ago

I'm sure there is a way to verify nonprofit organizations. Has anyone done so?

#2967 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know that IF this all implodes I would prefer he does not refund some in full now and less to others later. IF this is all imploding like some beleive then the best course of action would be to refund an equal percent to all (again assuming that some amount of money is already spent and he is not able to do 100%).

That's all I was suggesting when you shot me down. The only difference is you're still clinging to "IF", when it's already imploded.

#2968 4 years ago

One thing is for sure, in the FUTURE, this boutique pre pay model isn't going to work out.

Unless there is some kind of third party trust set up to handle all the funds and provide an accounting and transparency to all the owners involved.

That simple. Nobody will ever be stupid enough to send in another dime on unproven stuff without US demanding a WHOLE LOT more up front.

If we accept it in the future then you get what you deserve.

#2969 4 years ago

^Now everybody can have Kevin's phone number.

#2970 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I'm sure there is a way to verify nonprofit organizations. Has anyone done so?

He said it himself originally! I remember thinking then how odd that was. Easy to check with the Secretary of State on their website.

#2971 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

One thing is for sure, in the FUTURE, this boutique pre pay model isn't going to work out.
Unless there is some kind of third party trust set up to handle all the funds and provide an accounting and transparency to all the owners involved.
That simple. Nobody will ever be stupid enough to send in another dime on unproven stuff without US demanding a WHOLE LOT more up front.
If we accept it in the future then you get what you deserve.

There's been plenty of "kickstarters" that fall apart. The whole idea will probably die. The difference here is we're all whales putting in big money, not $50.

#2972 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yup, surprised no one else has thought of this... and surprised Kevin didn't use an anonymous service to hide his registrar details.

Skit-B World HQ, Midland Michigan - Appropriately located on a street with a warning sign for any who should seek answers there.

deadend.jpg

#2973 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He said it himself originally!

What did he say exactly?
There might be a difference between a statement like "I am not here to milk money out of hobbyists" and Skit-B is a nonprofit organization.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He said it himself originally! I remember thinking then how odd that was. Easy to check with the Secretary of State on their website.

If there is no non-profit status then wouldn't income tax need to be paid for the revenue beyond the deductions for business expenses?

#2975 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

What did he say exactly?
There might be a difference between a statement like "I am not here to milk money out of hobbyists" and Skit-B is a nonprofit organization.

Frolic posted links to where he said it.

#2977 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I did. I exchanged a couple of PM with him. What he wrote was useful to me.
Thanks Ted !

Thanks. I've gotten a lot of PM's and have been chatting there. A few of you have asked me to come back here. I really don't have anything to add. I find no value in bitching and going over the same speculation over and over and over. Here is my take so far:
1) Kevin and I are not "best buddies." I know him from chatting at the shows. I've spoken to him on the phone, I think twice or 3 times.
2) I do not think he's a con man. He seems to be really into making this game.
3) Were there problems? Yes. Is he trying to work everything out? Yes.
4) The last communication from him said that there was going to be BIG news, and it was all good. (this was AFTER his big email) He can't say anything about rights, who's making the machine, etc until after things are finalized.
5) There are a few ways to look at this situation. Kevin will get everything worked out and a machine gets made. Or, the whole thing falls to shit and whatever is left gets divvied up. To keep going on and on with the nastiness, venom and sometimes just plain scumiosity makes it hard to participate.
6) All we can do right now is wait for the news. I hope for the best. If I hear any more, I will share it. If you want me to shut up until you hear from Kevin, that's fine too.
7) Thanks to all of you for your PM's...some nice conversation there.

#2978 4 years ago

Here is some info about entertainment companies being non-profit:

http://info.legalzoom.com/can-entertainment-company-nonprofit-26106.html

#2979 4 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

No. I've been asking for a refund since the beginning of this year (January) & have not received any kind of response from Kevin. I've even sent several of the refund requests as replies to personal messages that Kevin had written to me in the past, so I know he's receiving them.

If Kevin were a man of his word and someone I'd call a friend (I don't know him) but if he were a man of his word he should be sending out refunds as quickly as possible. He's already gotten a 10 month free loan. He said people that want refunds will be taken care of, he said actions speak louder than words. This is what Kevin said. (Has that been true so far?).

Kevin said he would accept a $250 deposit and half as your pin was on the que and half as it was shipping. Total BS.

Kevin said he would be building the pins in 2013 but and said he'd really would be building pins in 2014 and he said there was no problem with the lisense. He said he had the rights to every single sound, music score and song (Long Tall Sallie) and imagees from the movie, has any of that been true? He has been lying or dishonest whatever you want to call it since day one.

He sais he is working things out (who believes this) but that should have nothing to do with refunds.

image.jpg

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks. I've gotten a lot of PM's and have been chatting there. A few of you have asked me to come back here. I really don't have anything to add. I find no value in bitching and going over the same speculation over and over and over. Here is my take so far:
1) Kevin and I are not "best buddies." I know him from chatting at the shows. I've spoken to him on the phone, I think twice or 3 times.
2) I do not think he's a con man. He seems to be really into making this game.
3) Were there problems? Yes. Is he trying to work everything out? Yes.
4) The last communication from him said that there was going to be BIG news, and it was all good. (this was AFTER his big email) He can't say anything about rights, who's making the machine, etc until after things are finalized.
5) There are a few ways to look at this situation. Kevin will get everything worked out and a machine gets made. Or, the whole thing falls to shit and whatever is left gets divvied up. To keep going on and on with the nastiness, venom and sometimes just plain scumiosity makes it hard to participate.
6) All we can do right now is wait for the news. I hope for the best. If I hear any more, I will share it. If you want me to shut up until you hear from Kevin, that's fine too.
7) Thanks to all of you for your PM's...some nice conversation there.

You claimed in your post two weeks ago you had some inside info that would explain everything. I questioned you specifically about the license and you said something like there's a good reason for his actions. In light of zero big news Kevin promised you and you conveyed to us, do you know any secrets that lead you to believe all the theories here are wrong? Because given all the facts we know I personally find it hard to believe that there's a very good reason for the way things went down.

#2981 4 years ago

This whole situation SUCKS, but there is no reason to vent anger towards Ted. From what I see, he was the only one to call Kevin and let everyone know what he could and could not say. For that he has to be given crap? At least he tried to provide some info to all involved. Point your anger towards to where it is deserved, not where it shouldn't.

#2982 4 years ago

Thanks!
(I will send you $10 and 2 cigars, as promised!)

#2983 4 years ago

Everybody has their own ideas and thoughts about how they want to support or not support Kevin and all of them should be respected.

Kevin himself, not Ted or anybody else should clear up this shit pile.

He has brought all of this on himself, just like John.

Man up and tell the truth, it's coming out soon enough anyhow

Get in front of it, if the big news works out, that's great, it will still involve having to tell the truth then

#2984 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

This whole situation SUCKS, but there is no reason to vent anger towards Ted. From what I see, he was the only one to call Kevin and let everyone know what he could and could not say. For that he has to be given crap? At least he tried to provide some info to all involved. Point your anger towards to where it is deserved, not where it shouldn't.

No anger from me. Just a reasonable question.

#2985 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I will send you $10 and 2 cigars, as promised!

I want mine too

#2986 4 years ago

I actually think that's what these guys want, is everybody fighting with themselves instead of coming together and demanding the truth in the best interests of everybody.

Enough is enough. A lot of BS has been thrown around, $$$ paid, time wasted, just put it out there

#2988 4 years ago

Can we talk about Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons?

melony.jpg
#2989 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Can we talk about Whoa Nellie! Big Juicy Melons?

Back to titties would be good. Need some good NCAA cheerleader pics in honor of today's kickoff.

F it I'm gonna go drink beer and watch basketball!

#2990 4 years ago

I vote we take one of Ted's cigars (better grab a cheap one for this Ted) and split that bad boy open and roll a fat blunt. This thread needs to be passing something around to take the edge off.

#2991 4 years ago

https://webapps.co.midland.mi.us/countyweb/login.do?countyname=Midland
Hopefully the stuff in there has nothing to do with delay in refunds.

#2992 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree!!....except for the basketball...

#2993 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I agree!!....except for the basketball...

Want to play ball?

Unknown.jpeg
#2994 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back to titties would be good. Need some good NCAA cheerleader pics in honor of today's kickoff.

Yes, time to watch some more Big12 disappointment.

#2995 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Want to play ball?

I have that plastic! I thought it was for SS, but I think it's for EATPM...correct?

#2996 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I have that plastic! I thought it was for SS, but I think it's for EATPM...correct?

Correct.

#2997 4 years ago

Thanks. I was surprised when i got it in the mail as I thought it was small.
...I know..."That's what she said!"...

#2998 4 years ago

image.jpg

image.jpg

#2999 4 years ago

This thread is a sad read. I went through similar fear with BoP 2.0 when all the DP drama erupted. Thankfully it tuned out fine in the end but man it was shitty thinking the project may be imploding. Sending positive vibes to all those still in on Predator. Hopefully you guys get your game or your money.

#3000 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

*eyeroll*

I didn't "troll him out of the thread" - he posted subsequently and is still posting now.

But since you brought it up- I said it was BS that Kevin would chat with Ted while ignoring others for months who've asked for refunds... I also questioned his "inside info"

Ted said (per Kevin) things were fine with the license and BIG GOOD NEWS in 2 weeks.

In retrospect, I stand by my comments, you can decide for yourself if Ted should stand by his, OR, as I suggested, not say anything at all without the whole story

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside