Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 366.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do people think a bunch of cash is mysteriously gone?

I think it varies per person. Some people always like to prepare for the worse though. Hell its a cool theme. I would like to see it made as well. But Giving a person 750,000 bucks and to later find out they never had the right to even use the IP is very very alarming. The biggest issue I see is the IP. Without it the game is worthless. Its the number one driving force behind the game. The actual game is just ok. Its the killer theme that makes it what it is.

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are WAY overstating things again Hilton. 93%?
Not even close. You obviously don't have any facts

so everyone else is allowed to guess at random shit , but I am not?

Do you think he has somehow blown a bunch of cash?
If he has even spent 50k on parts that is a stretch in my mind.
He is reasonably active in the community in MI. Has anyone seen him driving a new car? Partying with hookers and blow? Anything to even hint that he has been using money for anything besides parts for the 10 games we have seen at this point?

#2903 4 years ago

The theme sold the game. Just compare the sales between it and every other pinball startup and compare what the game is, minus the theme, with every other pinball boutique game.

HAD Kevin made a (real) deal with Fox in the first place, paid them their $50k, that would have been the best money he ever spent.

#2904 4 years ago

There's really only one thing that needs to happen at this point.

Stand back guys....

K
E
V
I
N
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Enough with the silent hermit act. You owe your customers and the pinball community an explanation! You must become part of this dialog. It will never right itself and your reputation will continue to spiral out of control unless you GET OVER HERE AND TALK!!!!!!!!

#2905 4 years ago

He's got 10 playfields, 10 cabinets, parts for 10 machines.... and Backalley custom parts for 250 Predators. We've seen pics. Other than that, what else he has spent money on is speculation unless someone has insider info.

#2906 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I thought Nate Shivers brought up a really good point. Game or no game...is the game Kevin is saying he'll build really even that good? Theme is good...the Multiball video I saw looked cool...gameplay didn't blow my mind...BUT, you never can really tell how a game plays until you get your hands on it.
I'd be curious to hear from some people that have actually played it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unbiased-predator-review-as-promised

#2907 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The theme sold the game. Just compare the sales between it and every other pinball startup and compare what the game is, minus the theme, with every other pinball boutique game.
HAD Kevin made a (real) deal with Fox in the first place, paid them their $50k, that would have been the best money he ever spent.

I bought in DESPITE the theme. I loved the gameplay and ruleset. Seriously a great and FUN game to play, esp if you like sys11 style of play with great player interaction and immersion.

That said, it really is a moot point if the games don't happen...

What sold this game actually had less to do with theme and much more to do with timing, price, and limited availability combined with at one point a fun interaction with the designer and the ability to interact and actually be part of the project.

#2908 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Enough with the silent hermit act. You owe your customers and the pinball community an explanation! You must become part of this dialog. It will never right itself and your reputation will continue to spiral out of control unless you GET OVER HERE AND TALK!!!!!!!!

He's not coming back here. maybe never. but he should stop with the dancing around emails. I like Nate's suggestion of picking up the phone and calling each customer.

#2909 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He is reasonably active in the community in MI. Has anyone seen him driving a new car? Partying with hookers and blow? Anything to even hint that he has been using money for anything besides parts for the 10 games we have seen at this point?

Here is an absolute given:

Pins aren't getting done at $4750. He should just pull the plug and refund what's left pro rata and I'm sure he's considering that

The cost of involving people to get a real license and the license itself, along with somebody like Jack building the pins and owners willing to pay more is the only way you get a pin

Unless, a dummy investor will throw money into a 3 pin project or something where they could recoup the investment. You have to have Jack to build and get scale pricing if he's willing to help out

Time to let go of fantasy land. It's actually quite liberating!

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

He's got 10 playfields, 10 cabinets, parts for 10 machines.... and Backalley custom parts for 250 Predators. We've seen pics. Other than that, what else he has spent money on is speculation unless someone has insider info.

Unfortunately it would seem those 10 games were never approved by the studio. I've seen and played the game in person at the Shark Club in Howell, MI. It was okay fun. But as others have noted, there really is a fair amount of gore in the game and obviously Arnold's likeness (among others) as well. It's hard to imagine how that could have been approved as is. Thus, I don't see those 10 games going anywhere if the studio has something to say about it.

So I would think this project would need a major restart (including re-pricing) to ever move forward. The problem now is, much money has clearly been spent. Folks will not get a full refund. Nate did sum it well. Admit fault, refund what you can, and move on.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He's not coming back here. maybe never.

If he doesn't come back here, then he's officially a piece of crap and will never have the respect of the pinball community - and Skit-B Pinball is OVER. He was here and our buddy when he wanted money and support for the project....but then just vanishes? You can't do that...you just can't.

#2912 4 years ago

Why does everyone think all the money is in a PayPal account? I sent my checks thru the U.S Postal system. Did everyone else use PP?

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You forgot about option number four:
Kevin abandons the project, apologizes profusely, gives everyone a full refund, and eats all the losses.

Anyone who has a counter top microwave in their kitchen is not going to have the reserves to "eat all the losses".

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You forgot about option number four:
Kevin abandons the project, apologizes profusely, gives everyone a full refund, and eats all the losses.

Pretty much what Nate recommends that he should do in his podcast, other than people probably won't get a full refund.

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Why else would people who requested refunds in January not received their refunds yet?

#2916 4 years ago

If he followed Nate's advice, the nightmare would at least be over, some people would be left pissed but at least partially made whole, and everyone moves on. That's the only solution that isn't complete madness.

#2917 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I think the smart people should call Kevin RIGHT NOW and ask for their game in pieces.

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Unfortunately it would seem those 10 games were never approved by the studio.

Oh, I'm not saying that there's 10 games ready. I was just counting what we knew for sure that he had spent on parts as far as the expendatures talk above. I doubt those 10 games will ever be built, as-is or otherwise at this rate.

Edit- I've said many times that I'll take a "build it yourself" Predator puzzle kit. I contemplated putting some options on my refund email, like:

A. $4750 returned
B. $4250, a playfield, and a few spine bones/skulls
C. $1000 and Predator puzzle in a box

Right now I'm apparently getting D... none of the above.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do people think a bunch of cash is mysteriously gone?

Why don't you ask all the people who have requested refunds and have heard nothing but crickets what they think?

Kevin keeps saying that all who have requested a refund will surely get one...but nobody has.

Actions...speak louder than words.

#2920 4 years ago

Option #4 Refund as much money as you have. Return parts to vendors not paid. Maybe people get 70% or better back. The longer it goes on, the worse it gets.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think the smart people should call Kevin RIGHT NOW and ask for their game in pieces.

Does anyone have kevins phone number?

#2922 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actions...speak louder than words.

Agreed. He said he woudl process refunds and needs to stand behind what he has said.

My only hope is that he is near having the full story come to light and that is the hold up.

I know that IF this all implodes I would prefer he does not refund some in full now and less to others later. IF this is all imploding like some beleive then the best course of action would be to refund an equal percent to all (again assuming that some amount of money is already spent and he is not able to do 100%).

Kevin needs to make some sort of decision or step to the plate soon as others are obviously not going to wait much longer before persuing other actions and as far as I am concerned bringing legal action in anyway is not going to help anyone but the lawyers.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Oh, I'm not saying that there's 10 games ready. I was just counting what we knew for sure that he had spent on parts as far as the expendatures talk above. I doubt those 10 games will ever be built, as-is or otherwise at this rate.
Edit- I've said many times that I'll take a "build it yourself" Predator puzzle kit. I contemplated putting some options on my refund email, like:
A. $4750 returned
B. $4250, a playfield, and a few spine bones/skulls
C. $1000 and Predator puzzle in a box
Right now I'm apparently getting D... none of the above.

Sorry to hear that. But options B and C cannot legally happen either, right? Whether it's in pieces or not it would still have to approved by the studio so unless Kevin is willing to do this on the side?

Aside from the parts purchased I'd also be concerned where Skit-B was getting the money to travel around the country with Predator for various shows, and developing (and producing) artwork and actual translates for their 2nd pin. If I had money on the line I'd be very nervous right now just how small my partial refund might be.

#2924 4 years ago

In moving Forward, there are only a few options:

1) Stay on board, and hope for the Best, and see what happens
2) Request a refund, and then see what happens.
3) In the absence of results from 1 or 2, then one either accepts their loss, or discusses any opportunity
of legal effort.

Am I missing something?

#2925 4 years ago

I'm sure those Back alley skulls and bones could be given out as souvenirs. They aren't predator IP.

#2926 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm sure those Back alley skulls and bones could be given out as souvenirs. They aren't Predator IP.

the ONLY parts IP related are pfs and the decals on the 10 cabs

#2927 4 years ago

Maybe we should just send old school handwritten letters through USPS to his moms house asking for a refund?

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the ONLY parts IP related are pfs and the decals on the 10 cabs

And all the video clips on the DMD? Audio?

#2929 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Those could get leaked as a torrent, you never know when hackers steal all the info from your computer......

#2930 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In moving Forward, there are only a few options:
1) Stay on board, and hope for the Best, and see what happens
2) Request a refund, and then see what happens.
3) In the absence of results from 1 or 2, then one either accepts their loss, or discusses any opportunity
of legal effort.
Am I missing something?

I think you only have option 4 ... accept only a partial refund and take the loss, whatever it is. Options 1 and 2 will go nowhere. Option 3 (legal action) will also cost you more than you will ever get back. As others have noted, Kevin does not live in a mansion. He has a wife and kids and his wife does small work on the side as a photographer (family pictures and stuff) as far as I know. I don't know Kevin personally but I don't believe he has another full-time job. Thus, I'd be worried he has been paying himself a small amount using the funds received from pre-orders (in addition to business expenses such as traveling around to shows) and that's why I would be concerned how much is left at this point.

All that being said, I've also met and talked with Kevin and he really did come across as a really, really nice guy. I just think this has gotten away from him and he is in way over his head at this point.

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And translight?

#2932 4 years ago

Probably a not-so-insignificant amount of money has been spent on title #2, that came from Predator money, but at this point you have to accept reality and take whatever is left.

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Does anyone have kevins phone number?

Speaking of that where is Ted? He has Kevin's # right? Why is he as quiet as Kevin all the sudden?

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

And translite ...

The translight art is the least of your worries.....

predator-stock art.jpg predatorlogo.gif
#2935 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Speaking of that where is Ted? He has Kevin's # right? Why is he as quiet as Kevin all the sudden?

He's sharpening his pitchfork, remember?

#2936 4 years ago

Maybe Ted can share what gave him the impression that it would be good.

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

doesn't seem like a huge mystery. "hope"

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Probably a not-so-insignificant amount of money has been spent on title #2, that came from Predator money, but at this point you have to accept reality and take whatever is left.

That's true. My blind cousin did the artwork for Experts of Disaster, so some of the money has already been spent.

#2939 4 years ago

You'd be amazed how much information you have to provide when you register things, things like websites and that.... And especially how easy it is to lookup that public information online.

#2940 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

- $1500 more = $6,250. Nope. at that price I prefer to buy AMH.

(quoting myself - not exactly the sign of a healthy mind... )

Well, now that Whoa Nellie is priced at $6,499 it almost seems a bargain...

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

That's true. My blind cousin did the artwork for Experts of Disaster, so some of the money has already been spent.

Is the Duck Hunt license secure?

duck-hunt-skitb-2015.jpg
#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from iceman44:

You are WAY overstating things again Hilton. 93%?
Not even close. You obviously don't have any facts

Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Don't forget Aaron's work at FAST Pinball. I doubt his work on EOD was free.

#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, no, i dont think he's saying that, however:

I think its fair to say everyone elses guessing seems to be a lot better than your track record has been....

#2945 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

the new email is not good news. now they need to pay refunds, pay someone to build machines, pay for a legit "liscense", and still sell them for under $5K. I would guess this project will take another year just to get started. I doubt Stern would touch it with a ten foot pole, Spooky builds 100 machines per year, and it took JJP 3 years to build 1500 machines and they need to worry about delivering #2 and #3 during the next 18 months to stay in business.

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

the new email is not good news.

Just wondering if kevin told him something different. Poor Ted was hung out here.

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

He pm'd me when I asked the question why he down voted me but wasn't replying. He told me he wasn't coming back in this thread. ::shrug::

#2948 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Just wondering if kevin told him something different. Poor Ted was hung out here.

No, Ted is still sticking to everything is fine.

#2949 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

He pm'd me when I asked the question why he down voted me but wasn't replying. He told me he wasn't coming back in this thread. ::shrug::

Ted's pitchfork was REALLY dull. It's gonna take at least "two more weeks" to sharpen.

#2950 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

He told me he wasn't coming back in this thread. ::shrug::

Aww man, that stinks.... I will try to pinch hit for him....

tumblr_mb8ak59PLX1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 6.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
€ 9.10
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 179.99
$ 8,500.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside