Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 366.
#2851 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But you know as well as I do what those anonymous emails said.

I am not sure which emails you got from the annonymous group but the ones I have received have made all sorts of claims that have already been wrong along with outlandish things like having preowners as part of an already pending lawsuit, criminal charges on multiple people, naming specific pinside mods as involved in the annonymous group.

Multiple things that are wrong.

This combined with their annonymous approach does not make them very trustworthy.

At this point they have been marginally right on 2 things. There are issues with the liscence (they claim much worse), and that PBN will be publishing an artcile (possible that Martin only came involved after he was mentioned in these emails? or actually contacted by the annonymous group to be involved).

On the note of PBN, can anyone that knows Martin get a response from him and see when he will be publishing whatever story he is supposedly publishing?

I have message twice through the contact on the PBN website and no reply. Maybe someone that knows him can get a response.

#2852 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There are issues with the liscence

#2853 4 years ago

oh shit. watch out everyone the spelling police has done shown up.

#2854 4 years ago

ROFLMAO Greg.

#2855 4 years ago

Nate at coast to coast said it all. Look I wish people got their pins but it ain't gonna happen, at least not at the price people thought. Whole situation sucks.

#2856 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But you know as well as I do what those anonymous emails said.

Did I miss this somehow? What are the anonymous emails?

#2857 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh shit. watch out everyone the spelling police has done shown up.

I just think it's interesting when someone has been kind enough to take the time to correct you, yet you still choose to do the wrong thing.

A "thank you" to Jayhawkai would be nice. Complimentary educational tips are absolutely unappreciated these days.

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Enlighten us. For $5,000 what is Predator better than? Lots of old pins you could get they are much better and proven. This pin is just blah.

It is better than gold pecker gandolf over priced version of LOTR, that is for sure.

It is almost as good as ripping off a kid for a fix it felix I have been told...

#2859 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is better than gold pecker gandolf over priced version of LOTR, that is for sure.

LOL....Predator better than LOTR!?

The delusions are strong with this one.

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL....Predator better than LOTR!?
The delusions are strong with this one.

nah, just better than paying too much for a gold pecker version so it can dress up the room.

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, just better than paying too much for a gold pecker version so it can dress up the room.

Man you are just making yourself look sad and pathetic. Keep going, it's hilarious. And your grasping for straws, saying I bought a turd because I got a LOTR LE? Ha. I've been playing that pin most of the year while youve been waiting for Kevin to build you a game he doesnt even have permission to build. And bring up the felix incident, again. How many times does Colton have to come on here and say we are all good? You want a pin, I get that. You deserve the pin you paid for. But it's time for people to bail on this project man. How do you see Kevin making these games for what he sold them for? How? Is money going to mysteriously appear to pay the guys manufacturing them? I will bet you $250 you don't have a predator this year. I don't even want you to pay me if I win. Since you'll be out $5,000.

#2862 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still choose to believe in the project because honestly it is still better than the alternative.

I guess that about sums it up. Not gonna argue with you, I've laid out what I know and think, people can make up their own minds.

If you ask me everyone should get their money back, like now. And then if Kevin wants to pitch a new proposal, with a vetted license, and probably new art, and probably a new price, you can decide if you want to get back in.

Who knows if Fox is really going to charge Kevin with criminal infringement. Not me. But I don't need to hear about that part to know the rest is serious trouble. There's simply no way around the fact that he lied to everyone. No pretty word for it either. He was lying. The license was obviously not okay, and he said it was. That's not someone you can trust with your money in a situation that's become this volatile and uncertain.

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did I miss this somehow? What are the anonymous emails?

Could someone please post these anonymous e-mails?

#2864 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I guess that about sums it up. Not gonna argue with you, I've laid out what I know and think, people can make up their own minds.
If you ask me everyone should get their money back, like now. And then if Kevin wants to pitch a new proposal, with a vetted license, and probably new art, and probably a new price, you can decide if you want to get back in.
Who knows if Fox is really going to charge Kevin with criminal infringement. Not me. But I don't need to hear about that part to know the rest is serious trouble. There's simply no way around the fact that he lied to everyone. No pretty word for it either. He was lying. The license was obviously not okay, and he said it was. That's not someone you can trust with your money in a situation that's become this volatile and uncertain.

Nothing really left to say but this. Well put. Kevin is like: "I'm now telling the truth about the lies I said before."

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Enlighten us. For $5,000 what is Predator better than? Lots of old pins you could get they are much better and proven. This pin is just blah.

You exited stage-left 2 pages ago. Why are you back?

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You exited stage-left 2 pages ago. Why are you back?

Because he can't help himself....even with the threat of a thread eject from the mods.

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My votes of confidence may have had that effect and I truly appologize if this project fails and people take a loss that they otherwise would not have because they held tight to my vote of confidence. I am actually still confident that something will get worked out and that Kevin will take care of everyone (be it game, refund, or ?).

The Players in the Con (Confidence Game)

There are three key players in any long con: a victim, a con artist, and one or more associates.

• The Mark: The intended victim of
  • The Grifter: A practitioner of confidence tricks, or more informally, a con artist. A grifter may play many roles, and often creates multiple personas over their career.
  • The Shill: An accomplice to the grifter, who has no apparent connection to the con. Shills are put in place to encourage the mark to act in the desired way.
#2868 4 years ago

Anytime you give money to a hick in a garage where he drinks and builds games with his buds your gonna have issues. People couldn't even get a game from a well respected designer 3 years ago (Jpop) Why would you ever give money to a bunch of randoms who you never heard of before. People are far to naive in this hobby. Hi I am random guy. Look at this game I built with hot glue and tape. Look send me monies and I will refund the rest to your sister and give you a game. It sounded like a bad idea then and still does today.

#2869 4 years ago

Is it too late to get on the waitlist?

#2870 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

There are three key players in any long con: a victim, a con artist, and one or more associates.
The Mark: The intended victim of
The Grifter: A practitioner of confidence tricks, or more informally, a con artist. A grifter may play many roles, and often creates multiple personas over their career.
The Shill: An accomplice to the grifter, who has no apparent connection to the con. Shills are put in place to encourage the mark to act in the desired way.

YES couldn't agree more. The con is always best played when the hope of completion is still there. It gives them more time to distance themselves in the event of a enlightenment. The longer people HAVE HOPE the less money you will ever get back. It is in there best interest to play it out as long as possible.

#2871 4 years ago

The Grifter: A practitioner of confidence tricks, or more informally, a con artist. A grifter may play many roles, and often creates multiple personas over their career.
The Shill: An accomplice to the grifter, who has no apparent connection to the con. Shills are put in place to encourage the mark to act in the desired way.

so you are claiming that I am part of an active con?

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think he is saying that but I think you may be inadvertently being a shill for them.

dud I know you want the game to come to light but at some point you need to distance yourself from the burning Hindenburg coming down on you.

#2873 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I dont think he is saying that but I think you may be inadvertently being a shill for them.

#2874 4 years ago

It is amazing how much grief some us were given in this very thread back in November for raising the license issues that seemed so obvious to many a long time ago.

#2875 4 years ago

Whysnow you need to be used as an example of this word, maybe Bowden can add you to the pinball dictionary?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delusional

adjective
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him."

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is amazing how much grief some us were given in this very thread back in November for raising the license issues that seemed so obvious to many a long time ago.

What's more amazing is how much grief is still being given, despite the reveal that Skit-B is and was guilty of the "speculative" things levelled against them months ago. The extent is still unknown but the issues are (and were) present despite claims otherwise.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think you meant to post this 3 years ago?

Otherwise, that train has left the station (and made 25 stops, then , recently, flew off trestle bridge).

Please go away with this line of conversation- I REALLY don't want to be forced into agreement with Whysnow by calling you a troll

#2878 4 years ago

#2879 4 years ago

So after tons of reading it seems like there are only three options left. And two of the three probably won't happen or shouldn't happen.

The first is the obvious and will probably be what happens. Everyone keeps speculating on whats going to happen. Ether way it doesn't matter if you want the game or want your refund because neither option seems to be avaliable and we can just sit here and wait it out.

The second option plausible but not likely. Those who want refunds get legal action started but that will just cost everybody more money in the long run and probably even less chance for anybody to get anything.

The third and most out there but beginning to seem plausible is we get as many pre order people together as possible at kevins house and have a good long conversation about what's really going on.

So with these being the only options I can see guess I will take option 1 with the people wanting the game and people wanting refund's and just keep waiting.

Oh and I dont actually think number three is a real option or should be done.... Although I wouldn't mind someone local going and checking in personally.

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who knows if Fox is really going to charge Kevin with criminal infringement

I'm not a lawyer, but based on my understanding of Criminal Copyright Infringement cases, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is the agency that would bring up Criminal Charges for Copyright Infringement.

Fox would have to involve the FBI and the FBI would have to agree to take the case. Fox can sue and go the civil route, but Fox itself cannot just charge anyone with Criminal Copyright Infringement. Fox does not have that power.

From the FBI site ... "Preventing intellectual property theft is a priority of the FBI’s criminal investigative program. We specifically focus on the theft of trade secrets and infringements on products that can impact consumers’ health and safety, such as counterfeit aircraft, car, and electronic parts. Key to our success is linking the considerable resources and efforts of the private sector with law enforcement partners on local, state, federal, and international levels."

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/white_collar/ipr

Now is it possible that Fox has friend within the FBI and some strings could be pulled to get Skit-B on this course? Sure. But I feel that it is unlikely.

Back to your regularly scheduled lynch mob.

Marcus

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

of course, but Aurich is FAR from a nonbiased outsider in the matter.

Even better.

Look: if you or me or Ted or any friend of Kevin now says "Everything is fine" no one will ever believe us and it would have zero positive effect on morale.

If someone external and skeptical* (or better, if a group of 3 people including one or two "owners" - who could be a Mod, and Aurich) say "Everything is fine" - or more realistically "something is wrong but this is how we can fix it" I am confident it would have a much stronger positive effect.

* Kaneda is not even an option though...

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not embarrased one bit.
Real pinheads would have stepped in and tried to get things back on track rather than toss on more fuel to the fire.

I like you but these statments are not reasonable side by side. What does being a real pinhead have to do with it?

#2883 4 years ago

Fox is a business, I'm sure they'd rather get a check from Kevin than be involved with some lengthy legal proceeding.

They may very well threaten him with criminal charges, and probably did, but in the end I can see this going away with some money exchanged, and possibly if he does hit the eject button, then no actual product made so no more work for Fox on the license front.

#2884 4 years ago

"This post was moderated and edited for Inflammatory posting 39 minutes ago. A thread eject was issued."

Best news in this thread for a long time. Enjoying the moment.

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The second option plausible but not likely. Those who want refunds get legal action started but that will just cost everybody more money in the long run and probably even less chance for anybody to get anything.

It cost 85 bucks to file court papers to sue someone in Michigan. Plenty of evidence supporting a good case right here on pinside. Plus sworn statements from the 250 people. I am sure someone from fox for free would make knowledge to the court the the game was never authorized. Not very hard at all to take this to court. A lawyer would not be needed. Several people on pinisde would likely for free draft up motions and such. Its not rocket science its just paper work. Para legals do it all the time. I wrote up several motions myself during my original divorce saved me a ton of cash. Law library and common sense is all you need in a case like this. Not much to argue. Game was never AUTHORIZED by the IP.

You have podcasts, forum posts, and emails from him stating he had the IP on lock. Plenty of damning evidence to win a case. Getting him to pay different story. But if you want the game what can you do. Get the machine from them secure the rights start over.

All the court needs to hear at this point is, Dude took monies on something he had no right to sell. Pretty open and close case. Even if he might pull it off at the time of payments he had no right.

#2886 4 years ago

The FBI has very big fish to fry who are engaged in massive schemes of infringement. I am confident that they would pass on the Predator situation.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

So after tons of reading it seems like there are only three options left. And two of the three probably won't happen or shouldn't happen.
The first is the obvious and will probably be what happens. Everyone keeps speculating on whats going to happen. Ether way it doesn't matter if you want the game or want your refund because neither option seems to be avaliable and we can just sit here and wait it out.
The third and most out there but beginning to seem plausible is we get as many pre order people together as possible at kevins house and have a good long conversation about what's really going on.

You forgot about option number four:

Kevin abandons the project, apologizes profusely, gives everyone a full refund, and eats all the losses.

#2888 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

and eats all the losses.

Lets get serious, he is no Gene Cunningham. I'm sure whatever is sitting in that paypal account is all the money he has in the world.

#2889 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You forgot about option number four:
Kevin abandons the project, apologizes profusely, gives everyone a full refund, and eats all the losses.

I want the game but option four does sound good right about now. That being said option one would still be in affect till he does that.

#2890 4 years ago

Fox has to protect their "property"

Otherwise they could give a crap about this nuisance to them is my guess.

I feel that a whole lot of people have stretched the meaning of "having a License" and thinking you have the right to use something in the "fair use" domain because of stupid advice received up front is FAR different from having an actual license

Say what you want, Kevin has been lying just like John.

The only way these pins are ever gonna get made is everybody ante up and pay more. That's what should been realized in the first place. Pinheads, including myself initially, were slobbering all over ourselves to get a great theme at a great price.

Too good to be true. Ever heard that one?

How about 1). Get a real license and pay what it takes, that means you guys. 2). Get ready to shell out $6500 to get it done right and recoup project money blown. 3) Have Jack build them

OR Just pull the plug and life goes on. I.e. Jpop

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Fox is a business, I'm sure they'd rather get a check from Kevin than be involved with some lengthy legal proceeding.

Lengthy?

If he truly used without permission, the suits at Fox will squash him like a bug

#2892 4 years ago

Wow... Just listened to the Coast2Coast podcast. I really like his take on this.... brutally honest. He mentions this thread a couple of times.

Becoming a huge fan of the podcast.

#2893 4 years ago

I thought Nate Shivers brought up a really good point. Game or no game...is the game Kevin is saying he'll build really even that good? Theme is good...the Multiball video I saw looked cool...gameplay didn't blow my mind...BUT, you never can really tell how a game plays until you get your hands on it.

I'd be curious to hear from some people that have actually played it

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If the first batch gets built, then I assume all 250 get built.

With the new plan he laid out I think this is a reasonable conclusion. There's demand for the game, if jjp or someone proven builds the games and he starts shipping, I can see a bunch of people getting back on board with the risk back to 'reasonable' levels.

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I thought Nate Shivers brought up a really good point. Game or no game...is the game Kevin is saying he'll build really even that good? Theme is good...the Multiball video I saw looked cool...
I'd be curious to hear from some people that have actually played it.

Yeah... I was surprised by his review of the gameplay.

Is Nate registered on Pinside? I know he reads it a lot.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Lets get serious, he is no Gene Cunningham. I'm sure whatever is sitting in that paypal account is all the money he has in the world.

Lets be more serious. What really are the expeditures formt he account?

So far we have seen parts for 10 games post deposits being sent.

If we take a random guess that those parts total 5k per game (over shooting on this one) that means $50,000 spent out of 750k on actual parts. That hypothetically leaves 700k in the bank.

If Kevin decided to call it quits he could refund 93% of the funds (minus paypal cut?) to each person with little issue.

Do people really think he has been blowing large sums of money in mysterious ways?
Many people have met him and think he is an over confident but all around good guy that is in over his head. If this is the case, then unlikely he has blown through much more than the parts for 10 games.

Do people think a bunch of cash is mysteriously gone?

#2898 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I have no idea what Kevin does or doesn't have. I was merely providing an alternative to the three options mentioned above.

#2900 4 years ago

You are WAY overstating things again Hilton. 93%?

Not even close. You obviously don't have any facts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
$ 229.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside