Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 366.
#2551 4 years ago

this situation It's very difficult.

you must create a new thread
Where the pinball Skit B???

I think this is the end product for pre-order

You have a sell pinball? yes?
here is my money.

Prédator, big lebowski, full trotlle, nemo, the hobbit, are not yet in physical sales, just a photo
ok good luck to finish but not with my money.

Only Stern is solid

#2552 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OK...HERE WE GO!
I JUST got finished speaking with Kevin. I asked ALL the hard questions. Here is a quick summery:
YES, he is busy.
YES, the license is fine. He is working on getting into a better situation so EVERYTHING can be shown and talked about.
YES, machines are being built as we speak.
YES, jackwads are calling FOX.
YES, there will be a MAJOR announcement within the next 2 weeks with everything you want to know.
Everything is moving forward.

So, is the above email everything potential owners want to know?

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'd request a refund, but the realist in me knows my money will never be returned.

Requested one anyway...

#2554 4 years ago

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on predator over jpop at this moment in time.

#2555 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

This situation is of my own doing.

Quoted for truth.

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

To those of you who have requested a refund and have yet to hear back, please message me right away so we can get everything taken care of.

Where would he be messaged? I did not receive this email nor did I ever receive my $250 back.

#2557 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on Predator over jpop at this moment in time.

It reads ok, but the problem is, he's been lying for months about the license. Can you really trust anything else in there?

#2558 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

The letter nephasth posted reads ok. I'd bet on predator over jpop at this moment in time.

Really? This was supposed to be a MAJOR announcement. Turns out the major announcement is games still aren't being built yet. Where's the jerkoff smiley?

#2559 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where would he be messaged? I did not receive this email nor did I ever receive my $250 back.

Do you have their physical address? I would send a certified letter, enough of the email and PM garbage.

#2560 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Really? This was supposed to be a MAJOR announcement. Turns out the major announcement is games still aren't being built yet. Where's the jerkoff smiley?

ops!

#2561 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, now that Martin's name has come up again, this time by Kevin, I have to think EVERY allegation brought forward in those conspiracy emails has to be accurate.

I just thought the same thing.

When I first saw the emails from the anonymous group, I was like, "hrmmm ok" and was not sure if everything they said could be true. The weak link in their story was Martin. Seemed to me, that confirming if Martin was in fact involved or not could verify or discredit the *entire* email from this dude "Greg Wells" aka... the anonymous group. Seemed to me, all this time, all anyone had to do is contact Martin and ask "are you involved" and if he said yes... that would basically prove it.

And now... before Martin has said a word... you have Kevin himself admitting that Martin is involved.

Holy crap man.

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I might agree with you if Predator is gunna be re themed but as Predator (the game that was originally shown) I think JPOP will win the race, as he doesn't have to win a license battle with big name studio and actors (Arnold)
Good luck to all of us because if any of us get burned... In the end we all get burned.

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Good luck to all of us because if any of us get burned... In the end we all get burned.

Bingo. This is how I have justified my interest in this all along.

If this goes belly up... this will be a "defining" moment in the Pinball hobby. There will be the hobby before... and after... "the incident"... and nothing will ever be the same again. Everyone on the list are the largest causalities... but beyond them... the entire hobby suffers as a result as well. Terrible.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I might agree with you if Predator is gunna be re themed but as Predator (the game that was originally shown) I think JPOP will win the race, as he doesn't have to win a license battle with big name studio and actors (Arnold)

It's a total train wreck. With (alarmingly) decent odds both projects crash and burn. I disagree that much will change if these projects die. I think everyone is employing more caution on pin projects because of the state things have already reached.. I don't see a positive or negative outcome from jpop or skitb changing that.

#2565 4 years ago

I'm out. Have replied to his email requesting a refund for the 5th time now!

The email did nothing to address anything, except that there has been 'cloak and daggers' all along and this still continues, licence IS an issue, I doubt they have even started even ONE game build how can they when the licence is still an issue.

To coin a phrase 'a pinball in hand is worth two at the boutique builder'!

#2566 4 years ago

Wow how pathetically week as a response. Yet more overly verbose BS, as I said before stick your hand up with the fact that you have "F"'d up then move on from there. But it seems he simply can't post with any honesty and integrity.

Put your hand up, grab your ankles and take your medicine!

But no, instead post a meandering diatribe of nothing. Weak as piss.

#2567 4 years ago

What should be done is refund everyone, maybe keep $250 as a deposit and when the game is finalized (real final game not the crap he was pushing in his fake mission accomplished post over 13 months ago) after that time he should collect the huge deposits he said he needed for building the pins.

You guys know what $3000 invested in the stock market 9-10 months ago would have grown to (probably $3500+)

#2568 4 years ago

So let me summarize:

(Kevins own words, minus the martyr-like contextual fluff)

The atmosphere around our Predator project has gotten pretty thick.
About a year ago, we proudly declared that our mission was complete.
I'm aware that sounds like a bit of a cop-out.
This situation is of my own doing.
this project has become more than I can handle on my own.
While manufacturing these games here is certainly possible, it is most definitely not optimal.
Our ability to see the manufacturing through to the end has been a constant public concern from day 1
We learned that our licensing deal really wasn't what we thought it was.
In short, I've pretty much done everything wrong during this whole process.
Thank you all for sticking with us.
-Kevin

#2569 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You guys know what $3000 invested in the stock market 9-10 months ago would have grown to (probably $3500+)

I should not complain because I paid $4,750 when 1€ was worth $1.3 to $1.4. Assuming an average *1.35 it means I paid 3518 euros. Now with a 1.05 exchange rate these $4750 translate into...4520 euros (Paypal fees absorb a fair share of this though)

But call me dumb or reckless, I am still in, at least until I read the Pinball News story.

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So let me summarize:

So let me summarize: you are a Troll. Happy to use the ignore button.

#2571 4 years ago

Sounds like its time for another podcast. You out there Nate?

#2572 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If this goes belly up... this will be a "9/11" moment in the Pinball hobby.

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Bingo. This is how I have justified my interest in this all along.
If this goes belly up... this will be a "9/11" moment in the Pinball hobby. There will be the hobby before... and after... "the incident"... and nothing will ever be the same again. Everyone on the list are the largest causalities... but beyond them... the entire hobby suffers as a result as well. Terrible.

I'm afraid that this statement is a little dramatic.

#2574 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Let's talk for a second about licensing.  We are very aware of the emails and PM's circulating around claiming we never had the licensing support to sell machines using the Predator IP.  In our attempts to gather showable documents to prove this wrong, we learned that our licensing deal really wasn't what we thought it was.  Thankfully, with the understanding folks who control said IP and the help of a lifelong family friend, these hurdles are quickly being overcome.  Again, what does this mean for you, the owners?  More fluent updates on progress, the addition of licensed images to our website and communications, the return of the gameplay videos(!), and much more.

Wait.

So you mean that the removal of the Predator images and videos was *not* because they were redesigning the website like he claimed before?

Quoted from nephasth:

In short, I've pretty much done everything wrong during this whole process and you guys are still here.

Yeah....because you've got their money, jackass.

#2575 4 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'm afraid that this statement is a little dramatic.

You are right, and I regret my comment. Comparing (anything) in pinball to that day is wrong, insensitive, and ill placed. I apologize.

I only meant to compare to the "paradigm shift" the incident caused, but it was a bad comparison and one I should not have made. Thumbs down on my post are rightfully earned.

I am sorry.

#2576 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

While manufacturing these games here is certainly possible, it is most definitely not optimal.

Where is 'here'? Is that Michigan or the US.

Hard to see Stern touching this, not at 250 units. A lot of work for them to set up a line and just don't see there can be enough upside for them to do it. Obviously Chicago Coin is not an option, since they went to Stern to do MMr. Hard to see JJP doing it, they need to get their own machines out. You have to think Kevin had talked with them about it when he went to them with EoD, since it seemed odd then he would not have them do it. Maybe the terms sucked, but maybe now he has no choice. And while Spooky would likely be open to it, not sure that jives with the timeline he has thrown out there (and yes, I know half of you just spit up coffee in laughter).

What I find odd is that hard to see Fox, who clearly knows about licensing and pinball, would issue a license that was not clear as far a what could be done and the requirements for approvals. So, I wonder what license he got and/or from whom that would lead to 'not what we thought it was'. Wonder if the 'podcasts' and pinball news will shed light on this.

Quoted from nephasth:

In short, I've pretty much done everything wrong during this whole process

First step is acknowledging you have a problem. Second step is doing something about it. Lets see what the next few weeks show us regarding the latter.

Bottom line, not much anyone can do here but wait and see and look at the "scenery" that gets posted.

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

So let me summarize: you are a Troll. Happy to use the ignore button.

I know this last message was not the epic solution everyone was looking for, but no need to stoop to name calling...

But that aside,
Reading that long message from Kevin- do you think he would have even shared the murky details he did without the proding from the critics (trolls?)?

I'd say hell no.

He was clearly dragged kicking and screaming to this point (by his own admission) and for the first time coming off the "everything in fine with the license" narrative which has now clearly been a lie.

So, shoot the messengers if it makes you feel better, but I would submit there's FAR MORE divulged from Kevin as a result of the shitnado here and elsewhere.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I know this last message was not the epic solution everyone was looking for, but no need to stoop to name calling...
But that aside,
Reading that long message from Kevin- do you think he would have even shared the murky details he did without the proding from the critics (trolls?)?
I'd say hell no.
He was clearly dragged kicking and screaming to this point (by his own admission) and for the first time coming off the "everything in fine with the license" narrative which has now clearly been a lie.
So, shoot the messengers if it makes you feel better, but I would submit there's FAR MORE divulged from Kevin as a result of the shitnado here and elsewhere.

Agreed, but you have some serious time on your hands.

Admirable.

#2579 4 years ago

Poor "nephasth"
it looks like everyone is responding/quoting him with frustration.
thanks for posting the email nephasth. It's good to be informed about the market, and things have been slow since they cancelled my stories years ago

#2581 4 years ago

You can't really say at this point that Kevin was simply confused about the license. It was brought up here numerous times about the complexities of using all of the IP from the movie (music, actors likenesses, etc). This was all dismissed by SkitB. Clearly, Kevin moved forward knowing he had taken extreme liberties with the license, hence the 'scrubbing' of the name and images from the internet. He also continued to be dishonest about it when asked. This is probably why Aaron decided to part ways after investing so much in the 'company'.

As far as manufacturing, I'm not sure how they came up with the initial 40/month estimate. It sounds like now they are conceding that they can't even make the machines. I'm not sure what existing manufacturer would step in on this. Not only does the $4750 price tag undercut what other manufacturers are able to charge for their OWN games, but they are all busy as shit! JJP still hasn't started running their second machine. Spooky still has over a year of building AMH lined up, followed by a planned second game.

Until now, I thought there was a slight chance things were on the up and up. Now, I think the dishonesty that started as a small pebble is now the avalanche that will bury this project.

#2582 4 years ago

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and one picture, more than any other, encapsulates this whole fiasco. But before I share that picture, let's look at the reality of the situation. Predator is one of the greatest movies of all time (for action movies that is). It's one of Arnold's greatest roles and millions of people all over the world have nothing but fond memories of the film. In steps Skit-B.

Kevin and team have a ton of passion for pinball but absolutely no experience making a pinball machine. But they have dreams of becoming a pinball company. You can't blame them. The time was right. People were throwing THOUSANDS at pre-orders and literally overnight you could raise a million dollars for your company just by announcing a new pin. HOLY SHIT! Let's do it!, must have been what they said.

So what did they do? They announce Predator. A truly incredible theme. They screamed from the rooftops about it. Were over the moon about it. Promised all sorts of amazing features for the pin. Then what happened? They announced mission complete and showed Predator.

Now this is where reality hit hard for everyone. The game wasn't anything special. They couldn't get the black light feature to work. No interactive toys. Just a very, very basic game. A game nowhere near worthy of this incredible IP. Just think, if you were Arnold and someone said, "Hey Arnold we're going to make a pin based on one of your best movies"...Arnold would want the best company in the business to make his pin. Not two guys in a basement. I'm all for starting somewhere, but Skit B never should have dived into the world of pinball manufacturing with such a beloved theme. And that's the catch 22, without the theme, they wouldn't have raised a dime.

Now back to my original point. One picture is worth a thousand words. If you are Arnold, sitting in your 35 million dollar house and you ask to see a picture of your Predator pinball machine getting made, you'd expect to see a pinball factory with pros working hard on your game. Instead this...This just says it all...One of Hollywood's greatest franchises is being built in an old kitchen by two guys who are not even close to being pros at building machines.

And like every other boutique that has flopped in 2014, he now needs someone to bail him out and get it done. Pinball is so complex, only the pros can do it right. It's that simple.

pred.jpg

#2583 4 years ago

I can confirm that Spooky Pinball is not building these. Chuck did some PF's months ago, hasn't heard boo since.

#2584 4 years ago

Well stated Jared.... it's only pinball.
ANd I agree it would be a "shift" in the pinball force if it does go belly up.
I too want to know what he's ACTUALLY been doing for the last 9 months after the money was collected.
I did an entire playfield swap on a lord of the rings in a little over 2 days to a clearcoated playfield. His cabinets are being built for him. One dude should get at LEAST 2 done a week. It's all new parts - there's nothing to be cleaned. Just install everything, then tweak and adjust.

Am I missing something here? Wiring harness would be the hardest, but once you have the template made, it wouldn't be that bad....

#2585 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I can confirm that Spooky Pinball is not building these. Chuck did some PF's months ago, hasn't heard boo since.

Did Spooky or Chuck get paid for said playfields?

#2586 4 years ago

Actions speak louder than words. Time for Kevin to DO what he says and refund all those who want THEIR money back. Everything else is just unicorns right now.

actions-speak-louder-than-words-quotes-z9oiyqy4.jpg
#2587 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty obvious to me that it would be JJP given their agreement to build the second game from Skit-B (which will never happen now anyway).

#2588 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
pred.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

For as much flak as you get around here, that's pretty spot on. I, and I'm sure many others, had the same thought.

#2589 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

First step is acknowledging you have a problem. Second step is doing something about it. Lets see what the next few weeks show us regarding the latter.
Bottom line, not much anyone can do here but wait and see and look at the "scenery" that gets posted.

That sounds reasonable - assuming those requesting a refund (which I completely understand) get their money back in the meantime.

#2590 4 years ago

I really want to stay in, but logic says get out. How much extra is this game going to cost now to build sorting out the ip and outsourcing manufacturing, which would have never been factored into the original costings?. It is not like there are other cash flows and profits to cover it.

#2591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Agreed, but you have some serious time on your hands.
Admirable.

Lol, not really.

I typed that sitting at a Starbucks at the BWI airport between flights...

I know Kevin would have people believe that typing a message is a massive task where resources must be re-tasked and takes several weeks, but some of us can send a simple message in 90 seconds while drinking coffee...

#2592 4 years ago

"With that in mind, we are contracting an experienced manufacturer to handle the assembly of the games to ensure that they are completed within a reasonable time frame and pass even the most scrutinizing quality tests."

I'm guessing this is JPOP...

#2593 4 years ago

"There is a lot of contextual information here that can't really be conveyed very well in this fashion, so we've been in talks with Martin from PinballNews.com, along with the most notable of podcasts to make sure this story gets told in the most complete and understandable way possible."

So if I want to know what's going on I have to read it in a news paper? Figurely speaking because the guy who took the money will only talk to a journalist.

I sent in my refund request.

#2594 4 years ago

This is becoming very hard to stay positive & not ask for a refund

#2595 4 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I'm guessing this is JPOP...

LOL. Vonnie D. ?

More seriously...
JJP ?
Stern (which will soon have two assembly lines) ?
DP ?? - Who is the guy who helps with the Licence issues? Roger Sharpe, as for TBL ?
Heighway ???

#2596 4 years ago

I've been following the Predator threads since I joined Pinside and checking in on the threads never disappoints.

One question though for the people that are in. Do you really think the game is good? Or do you just like the license and think the game will look cool among your other pins? I watched all the gameplay videos when they were posted and the game seemed underwhelming in my opinion.

That said, hope you all either get your games or your money back.

#2597 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've been following the Predator threads since I joined Pinside and checking in on the threads never disappoints.
One question though for the people that are in. Do you really think the game is good? Or do you just like the license and think the game will look cool among your other pins? I watched all the gameplay videos when they were posted and the game seemed underwhelming in my opinion.
That said, hope you all either get your games or your money back.

CSI has more interesting stuff going on. Just saying. It's 100% the theme.

#2598 4 years ago

Still waiting for acknowledgment and action on my full refund request from two weeks ago

#2599 4 years ago

I don't get the refund delay thing. Well I do. It can only mean one thing. You've spent more than you collected. In the real world, that's when the "Going out of Business" signs get put up. For some reason people who pre-order think it's manifest destiny that every pin gets made.

#2600 4 years ago

Since Kevin is "out of his basement" level of professionalism.. How in the world is he going to be able to transfer the build to a contract manufacturer? You need a pile of paperwork with assembly instructions/training materials, BOMs down to the last screw, .. All of which has to be in stock before the first game is built.. I.e. look at MMR and i feel like you'd multiply the hiccups by 2 or 3 ? Plus, feels also like the price will have to be raised (between proper licensing + CM overhead).

He will have to step up his game significantly (the hard part isnt over yet)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 35.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside