Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 370.
#2401 9 years ago

alright guys, i just had a long sit down with kevin and he had some big news. i mean BIG news. the type of news everyone wants to hear. i am so excited to tell you all just what is going on and to finally blow this thing out of the water. its so big, i was actually planning on making an announcement about it sometime in the near future. i cant tell you much now, but i will let you know that everyone is right and things are continuing and stopping. ill let everyone know in 2.

#2402 9 years ago

Meanwhile back at Stern.....
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2403 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

homer-drool-tron.jpghomer-drool-tron.jpg

#2404 9 years ago

forgot what to say, oh now I remember....

and this.....

#2405 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

forgot what to say

those were good links !

#2406 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

hmmmmmmmm

#2407 9 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I just spent the last two hours unhiding images (thanks, & I mean it) & scrolling (not reading) through tons of new posts since my last visit.
Several things I've noticed/decided:
A) Absolutely no news from SkitB. Glad I bailed when I did, even if it wasn't by choice at the time. Even more glad I received my deposit.
B) Ignoring whysnow from now on.
C) Best wishes for Predator. I hope it turns out well & makes me wish I was still on the list upon release. Dream-theme for yours truly. But I just couldn't hang on.

If you don't wish for any hidden posts there is a setting so you can view posts with boobs but still be able to hide persons such as Whysnow which I totally understand.

#2408 9 years ago

I feel really bad for predator buyers. As people have said, the silence and hiding act is so incredibly unprofessional. No matter the reality, whether its a license issue or anything else, Kevin should let people know. Even if the news is really bad, at least let people know. Buying a pinball machine should never be like this. Heck buying anything for that matter. Hope everyone gets good news soon.

#2409 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

I think everything that could be said, has been said.
The sudden stop to the boob pics is very alarming as pointed out by others.
Who's up for a temporary rule that if you want to post a comment or idea that has been said numerous times before, then YOU SHOULD POST A BOOB/HOTTIE PIC to go with it.

Apologies for my recent transgression.... blame it on being in North Carolina during March Madness!

#2410 9 years ago

What the hell, Kevin should at least let the pre-orders know to some degree what's happening. I'm in my final days here.

#2411 9 years ago

In case anyone missed the most recent post here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates/page/2

Brad

#2412 9 years ago
Quoted from stainedundies:

alright guys, i just had a long sit down with kevin and he had some big news. i mean BIG news. the type of news everyone wants to hear. i am so excited to tell you all just what is going on and to finally blow this thing out of the water. its so big, i was actually planning on making an announcement about it sometime in the near future. i cant tell you much now, but i will let you know that everyone is right and things are continuing and stopping. ill let everyone know in 2.

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpgI-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

#2413 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope everything works out and everyone gets their games. This is a crazy thing and after 2 weeks we'll know one way or another. If I find out anything before that, I'll post here...

Two weeks has arrived! The anticipation for the news is palpable. I sure hope to see many of those that pre-ordered Predator very happy when the impending announcement is made.

#2414 9 years ago

Yep. The announcement is coming in 3 ..... 2 ....... 1 ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#2415 9 years ago

#2416 9 years ago

Even those of cheering know the time has come. Kevin?

#2417 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Could SkitB make it so that some future community member can replace DMD callouts (audio) with non-licensed ones, similar to how the "Pinball Browser" software works on Stern ROMs?
Any idea on how long all that would take? A month? Six months? A year?

Unless something has changed, the code is going to be open source, so anyone can change it. But the reality is for most of what folks would want to do, the code would not need to be touched, you would just need to replace the appropriate files to get the sounds and images you want.

I suspect it would not take long for there to be an 'alternative image/sound set' for the machine. Obviously that is not going to help resolve any artwork changes. Sound and voice call outs will be tricky, since you have to remove the sound effects, background music etc.

#2418 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Unless something has changed, the code is going to be open source, so anyone can change it. But the reality is for most of what folks would want to do, the code would not need to be touched, you would just need to replace the appropriate files to get the sounds and images you want.
I suspect it would not take long for there to be an 'alternative image/sound set' for the machine. Obviously that is not going to help resolve any artwork changes. Sound and voice call outs will be tricky, since you have to remove the sound effects, background music etc.

Did I miss something? You make it sound as if it is fact that they don't have some licenses that were shown in the prototype.

#2419 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Did I miss something? You make it sound as if it is fact that they don't have some licenses that were shown in the prototype.

I think the only thing that we're missing is facts and actual responses from people who know what the hell is going on, really.

I believe this is speculation on the "what if they don't have the license" post by Ben Heck or someone in the last few pages. The current winner in the speculation/rumor/"bored and therefore dreaming up shit in the meantime to have something to do" race is that there is no license, followed closely by there being a problem with the license, that the time limit ran out for the license, supply issues, competitor bullying, competitor sabotage, anonymous group sabotage, Kevin leaving the country and buying an island, Kevin building a robot dinosaur (which I'm kind of hoping for so that I can steal it,) robot zombie Nazis in space, and that brunettes are somehow better than blondes.

#2420 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

brunettes are somehow better than blondes

Woah, the speculation and fantasizing in this thread is really starting to leave the bounds of reality isn't it?

#2421 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Not saying that at all. There is a lot of conjecture in this thread that may be the case, and I was responding to a post where the question was around if the theme is forced to be changed, could individuals replace the 'new' images/clips/sounds to restore it back.

Last I heard, there are over 250 audio clips and over 300 DMD animation components.

#2422 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You make it sound as if it is fact that they don't have some licenses that were shown in the prototype.

The only confirmed thing that "they don't have" is the decency to communicate with customers who deserve a scrap of information or truth about what is going on after forking over hard earned money.

#2423 9 years ago

I very much doubt there will be any new info that is good for the foreseeable...

This whole cluster f$c& makes cambodia look like kansas.

#2424 9 years ago

Has anyone talked to Skit-B's affiliates regarding Predator?
On the website it states;
Virtuapin cabinets ( http://virtuapin.net/ )
Cointaker Lighting ( http://cointaker.com/ )
Back Alley Creation (http://www.backalleycreations.com/ )

Maybe they would have some insight?
...Almost forgot my female red head pic
10c1bc50cf84401d9b5b284d7961dbbe.jpg10c1bc50cf84401d9b5b284d7961dbbe.jpg

#2425 9 years ago

Patience is a virtue. News will come. And they will be good
(call it self-persuasion or blind faith if you wish)

#2426 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I think the only thing that we're missing is facts and actual responses from people who know what the hell is going on, really.
I believe this is speculation on the "what if they don't have the license" post by Ben Heck or someone in the last few pages. The current winner in the speculation/rumor/"bored and therefore dreaming up shit in the meantime to have something to do" race is that there is no license, followed closely by there being a problem with the license, that the time limit ran out for the license, supply issues, competitor bullying, competitor sabotage, anonymous group sabotage, Kevin leaving the country and buying an island, Kevin building a robot dinosaur (which I'm kind of hoping for so that I can steal it,) robot zombie Nazis in space, and that brunettes are somehow better than blondes.

Agreed! Enough with this speculation. Let's get back to the latest actual information from Kevin Kulek at Skit-B Pinball, who truly knows what the hell is going on...

-------------------------------------

February 28 2015

My dearest pinball fans,

While I am doing everything I can to keep moving forward at all times, no matter what the circumstances are, there have been many recent actions by certain parties that threaten the very existence of everything I've done to keep this project going for the past few years. While slow and steady wins many races, and I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words, this is simply not the time to stay quiet. There are some major issues that need to be spoken to immediately, and must be handled in exactly the right ways.

To the few of you who have asked for a refund, it is surely coming. While these things always take some time, they are taking longer than usual due to the above circumstances. In short, no matter what, nobody is going to get left out to dry on this one, I can promise you that.

To all of the supporters of what I have done and continue to do on a daily basis, I sincerely thank you for all of your support and faith in what you believe I am capable of achieving for you. I will continue to do everything I can to make sure that faith was not misplaced.

I will be sending out as much information as I can as we move through these challenges, so please keep an eye on your inboxes for any updates as they come in.

Thank you all for everything,
-Kevin

March 1st 2015

There has been some confusion over the reason for the message that was sent out last night, so please allow me the opportunity to clarify what seemed very cryptic that message.

I'm aware the message seemed cryptic and vague, but that was not the intent. The project is not "imploding" or dying. I've received a handful of messages from folks reading between the lines, but there simply are no lines to read between. In the past, radio silence in the face of a situation has caused unrest, so I decided to share the fact that there are parties that are trying to threaten the project and try to ease everyone's collective minds and remind you all that everything is moving along despite the situation.

To the heaps of supportive messages and kind responses I received last night, I sincerely thank you all. To everyone else, I hope this helps clear things up a bit. I'll be keeping you all posted on how everything is moving along!

Apologies for the confusion,
-Kevin

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates/page/2#post-2314047

Oh, wait!

#2427 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

While slow and steady wins many races, and I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words, this is simply not the time to stay quiet. There are some major issues that need to be spoken to immediately, and must be handled in exactly the right ways.

"This is simply not the time to stay quiet." Heh.

#2428 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I decided to share the fact that there are parties that are trying to threaten the project

what?? much clearer thanks..

#2429 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

The current winner in the speculation/rumor/"bored and therefore dreaming up shit in the meantime to have something to do" race is that there is no license, followed closely by there being a problem with the license, that the time limit ran out for the license, supply issues, competitor bullying, competitor sabotage, anonymous group sabotage, Kevin leaving the country and buying an island, Kevin building a robot dinosaur (which I'm kind of hoping for so that I can steal it,) robot zombie Nazis in space, and that brunettes are somehow better than blondes.

Quoted from Aurich:

Woah, the speculation and fantasizing in this thread is really starting to leave the bounds of reality isn't it?

28405225.jpg28405225.jpg

#2430 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm aware the message seemed cryptic and vague, but that was not the intent. The project is not "imploding" or dying.

Oxymoron alert

#2431 9 years ago

My favorite line in the emails ...

Quoted from Razorbak86:

...To the few of you who have asked for a refund, it is surely coming.

It is surely coming wtf ?? Is it coming because of magic? Does someone else have to authorize it? Does it exist in full? Are you committing to sending it? Most people would like to hear ... I owe you one and will be issuing it soon. My sincerest apologies for leaving you hangin' but the money is safe and I have authorized its return to you ASAP. Everybody else awaiting delivery of your machines ... (insert dramatic announcement _____________________).

#2432 9 years ago

That's funny that my favorite local beer is now a "Meme"

fantasyfactory.jpgfantasyfactory.jpg
#2433 9 years ago

Same old comments and no boobs/hotties on this page at all. Disgusting.

Happy St Patrick's Day

#2434 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

fantasyfactory.jpg

OMG, t-shirts are going to be made.

https://www.facebook.com/Karben4

#2435 9 years ago

Not that it matters, but here's my take on what Kevin says…

February 28 2015
My dearest pinball fans,
While I am doing everything I can to keep moving forward at all times, no matter what the circumstances are, there have been many recent actions by certain parties that threaten the very existence of everything I've done to keep this project going for the past few years.

In other words, the project is presently out of Kevin's hands.

While slow and steady wins many races, and I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words, this is simply not the time to stay quiet. There are some major issues that need to be spoken to immediately, and must be handled in exactly the right ways.

Notice the plural "major issues."

To the few of you who have asked for a refund, it is surely coming. While these things always take some time, they are taking longer than usual due to the above circumstances.

Apparently an additional issue is the money's are frozen.

In short, no matter what, nobody is going to get left out to dry on this one, I can promise you that.

Is that a "mission accomplished" type promise?

To all of the supporters of what I have done and continue to do on a daily basis, I sincerely thank you for all of your support and faith in what you believe I am capable of achieving for you. I will continue to do everything I can to make sure that faith was not misplaced.

Had to read that part a couple times. Don't we usually thank folks by saying "thanks for your faith in me"? Here, his supporters are being thanked for supporting and having faith in their own belief! Fuck pinball Kevin, you should be a politician.

I will be sending out as much information as I can as we move through these challenges, so please keep an eye on your inboxes for any updates as they come in

Not much on the "information" front. Don't contact Kevin, he'll contact you…

Apologies to anyone offended.

#2436 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

fantasyfactory.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble but believe it or not the beer took the pic from the internet

Meme first, beer second:

From http://host.madison.com/entertainment/know-labels-local-craft-brewers-take-their-beer-designs-very/article_51c4c81f-b741-59c7-b2f9-714764f176b5.html

The guys were in the process of designing a label for Fantasy Factory — about 90 percent finished, they said — when they stumbled across a piece of artwork online that lit their Fantasy Factory fantasicism aflame.

“Once we saw that image, we all had that electric feeling,” Ryan said. “It just brought it to life.”

The image is a painting called “Welcome to the Internet,” done by San Francisco artist Jason Heuser in late 2012. (Heuser is also the guy behind those incredibly surreal presidential portraits seen floating around the internet a while ago.)

None of the Karben4 guys knew Heuser personally, but they had to have “Welcome to the Internet” for Fantasy Factory. So, internet stalking ensued and, later, a cross-country trip to San Francisco to set up the details of working together on the label and others.

Original pic:

http://sharpwriter.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=%2F&q=welcome+to+the+internet

#2437 9 years ago

Awesome, my new PC wallpaper:

welcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu (1).jpgwelcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu (1).jpg

#2438 9 years ago

This guy should be hired to do the art for some pinball machines:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/sharpwriter

#2439 9 years ago

Think a welcome to the internet pin would be better received than experts of dangerous.

#2440 9 years ago

The Fantasy Factory IPA pic is hilarious, but let's keep this thread on track.

#2441 9 years ago
Quoted from Snurdley:

The Fantasy Factory IPA pic is hilarious, but let's keep this thread on track.
jessica-biel-mixed-up-tuesday-s-bra-with-thursday-s-panties-photo-u1.jpg

Good Form.

#2442 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Awesome, my new PC wallpaper:
welcome_to_the_internet__please_follow_me_by_sharpwriter-d5buwfu (1).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm considering ordering an actual print for the house. The picture makes me laugh every time.

#2443 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

This guy should be hired to do the art for some pinball machines:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/sharpwriter

The same could be said for most random deviant art browsing - there is some great content on there.

Make no mistake, great artists are available on this here internet machine, despite the lack of good artwork on many modern pinball machines suggesting otherwise...

#2444 9 years ago

I stand corrected. I guess I should have figured that it was too good of a design to not already be a Meme. Either way I get thirsty just looking at it. Genius marketing move by Karben4, They can't keep the beer in stock around here!

#2445 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

.... that brunettes are somehow better than blondes.

Would that be Photoshopped or non-Photoshopped?

#2446 9 years ago

So it's No News Tuesday

#2447 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Beat me to it

#2448 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

I thought that the beauty of Photoshop was that you can be anything you want to be. Today I wouldn't mind being a fire-breathing unicorn, because that looks pretty cool.

One thing that I'm sad about is that I'll never know if my NIB Predator was going to have a pony hidden inside.

#2449 9 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

One thing that I'm sad about is that I'll never know if my NIB Predator was going to have a pony hidden inside.

If we get our machines, I will personally send you a My Little Pony of your choosing.

#2450 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

So it's No News Tuesday

And this surprises you? Did anyone really have faith that you would really get news on the 14th day based off of Kevin's track record. I mean really if there was "great news" to be had prior to the two weeks wouldnt it just make sense to just announce it at that time.....why wait 2 weeks.

Seems like just another attempt at keeping the carot dangling to keep hopes up.
How can anyone have faith in this company even if you really are going to get your game, the customer service is pathetic at best.

God forbid your game arrived damaged and you need to make a claim, or the display goes out 1 month after ownership. Good luck with that. Isn't it about time for the prebuyers to file a class action case against this company for taking your money? I don't know about you guys, but $5k is a lot of money to me, maybe not to some of yall. I don't think I would just sit back without a fight. Doesn't any pre-buyer live semi close to where these guys are? I can't believe over all of this time, NO ONE has paid them a visit to REALLY check the progress of this project.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.