Topic Stats

• 18,314 posts
  • 816 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,545 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18314 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 367.
#2351 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OK...HERE WE GO!
I JUST got finished speaking with Kevin. I asked ALL the hard questions. Here is a quick summery:
YES, he is busy.
YES, the license is fine. He is working on getting into a better situation so EVERYTHING can be shown and talked about.
YES, machines are being built as we speak.
YES, jackwads are calling FOX.
YES, there will be a MAJOR announcement within the next 2 weeks with everything you want to know.
Everything is moving forward.

We should hear something by tomorrow night per Ted's post on page 30 of this thread.

#2352 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hold on...hold on....I don't know what it is, but, big news and good news announcement is coming soon!

Quoted from spfxted:

Just soon....very soon. That to me means days...

Quoted from spfxted:

Hopefully we'll get all the answers soon and we can all stop guessing...

You keep alluding to the fact that you have inside info here- why not share it? Or.... not say anything at all?

Why keep teasing these guys with your access when they cant get responses for months (THEY being paying customers).

#2353 5 years ago

not long now
predator vacation.jpg

#2354 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So the question to ask is: If they retain the license and all you get is the Predator sounds, imagery and maybe the musical score (no Arnold or original voices) would that be enough to keep you in? What is the minimum amount of Predator IP you'd be happy with? Just the title and the monster?

Would a new playfield design be required to remove the drawings of the main (human) characters?

How does licensing differ if it's a drawing of a character versus a photographic image?

I would imagine there would be a lot of work to redo all the callouts (audio) and DMD video, any idea of how long of a delay that would create?

Could SkitB make it so that some future community member can replace DMD callouts (audio) with non-licensed ones, similar to how the "Pinball Browser" software works on Stern ROMs?

Any idea on how long all that would take? A month? Six months? A year?

BillvsAlienvsPredator.jpg

#2355 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

You keep alluding to the fact that you have inside info here- why not share it? Or.... not say anything at all?

Why keep teasing these guys with your access when they cant get responses for months (THEY being paying customers).

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for asking questions others may not ask and your "get straight to the point without the drama and BS" in all of these Predator discussions, can you at least tone it down some until we, the pre-owners get the epic announcement from SkitB? Please?

I'm not asking you to stop, just slow down a bit. If the epic announcement is not what we, the pre-owners expect I'll be the first to join you for the tar and feathering. Thanks.

#2356 5 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

If the epic announcement is not what we, the pre-owners expect I'll be the first to join you for the tar and feathering. Thanks.

Out of my own morbid curiosity, a serious question: What do the pre-owners (or just yourself) expect with this announcement (realistically) that would truly be 'epic'?

#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Fine. I was giving info I was getting and trying to be helpful.
That's it. Bye!

#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Would a new playfield design be required to remove the drawings of the main (human) characters?
How does licensing differ if it's a drawing of a character versus a photographic image?

My personal guess is that if Skit-B is talking to Fox about a new license, a real license, some kind of license, that the playfield art isn't gonna fly.

Whatever really happened in the past with or without some special license, I don't think those actor images at the very least are approved. And it can make a big difference if it's photo vs drawing, simply in what's allowed. Meaning, they might have likeness rights at Fox to certain PR shots of Arnie, and they're only allowed to use those specific ones. No frame grabs from the film, no drawings, just that image. Anything more could mean specific actor approvals, more money, etc.

Not uncommon at all. Dutch Pinball dealt with that for TBL.

So it could be that they can make a Predator game, with the playfield and toys as it, but have to redo the art, entirely or somewhat. I'd say start over personally, if you gotta change it to use say, real photos, then make the whole thing match that style.

Lots of assumptions here of course.

#2359 5 years ago

I know I'm out of step with most people here but ironically I'd actually would have preferred to have seen a decent photoshopped game rather than the hand drawn art. The backglass and playfield never really looked right together.
Good photoshop artwork can look great. Look at how The Hobbit playfield looks now. Sadly Stern never seem to have mastered it.....

#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Fine. I was giving info I was getting and trying to be helpful.
That's it. Bye!

taking_my_ball_and_going_home.jpg

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

What do the pre-owners (or just yourself) expect with this announcement (realistically) that would truly be 'epic'?

For me, the "epic" piece was my lame attempt at humor, forgive me. Back during the WOZ pre-order days, JJP made a post about an "epic" announcement that was basically announcing an announcement.

Realistically, what I would consider an "epic" (meaning positive) announcement is that:

1) There are definitively, absolutely, positively no issues with any license of any kind associated with this particular pinball machine/project.

2) Actual visual proof that machines are being built

3) Actual visual proof of some games finished and being shipped

Anything above that would be great.

On the other hand I guess "epic" could also carry negative connotations like

1) All pre-owners are royally screwed and lose all their money.

2) Some money is gone forever and some will be returned

3) Never had a license

I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.

#2362 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

taking_my_ball_and_going_home.jpg

the guy was trying to pass along what he can, you then keep it up with the same constant bullshit trolling, he gets sick of it and opts to not pass stuff along, and now you mock him.

real class act buddy

you effectively pissed off one of the nicer guys around that has for a while been our only source of ANY information. thanks.

#2363 5 years ago

Maybe they could do silhouettes against a simple backdrop? Get the "team" in there but no defining characteristics.

I like the art style on the existing Predator but the drawing of Arnold, especially his body (kind of important with Arnold!) is fairly poor.

soldiers silhouette 2560x1600 wallpaper_www.miscellaneoushi.com_41.jpg
#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

I know I'm out of step with most people here but ironically I'd actually would have preferred to have seen a decent photoshopped game rather than the hand drawn art. The backglass and playfield never really looked right together.

Heh, I actually agree in this case. The Data East comic book look is kinda cool in a time-capsule sort of way, I'm not sure it's really the right direction for the theme. We trumpet "hand drawn art" a lot, and that's great, but it has to be done with a style that matches the game. In this case a well done photoshop would have probably worked pretty well. Depends on the assets Fox could provide really.

#2365 5 years ago

I just hope whatever Kevin ends up saying is a lot better that Principal Skinner's excuses...

To keep saying "everything is good, we're building, yada yada" is insulting to everyone's intelligence. It's time to clear the air.

#2366 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the guy was trying to pass along what he can, you then keep it up with the same constant bullshit trolling, he gets sick of it and opts to not pass stuff along, and now you mock him.
real class act buddy
you effectively pissed off one of the nicer guys around that has for a while been our only source of ANY information. thanks.

I'm sure he won't be able to stay quiet about his inside scoop- don't worry

#2367 5 years ago

Thanks for the PM's. No worries...there are obviously some assholes on here. If you have questions...just PM me...

#2368 5 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

For me, the "epic" piece was my lame attempt at humor, forgive me.

Haha, no I get that and I share in it. Your observation holds true though - I think this is being built up to 'epic' and I don't see how it would deliver.

Realistically, what I would consider an "epic" (meaning positive) announcement is that:
1) There are definitively, absolutely, positively no issues with any license of any kind associated with this particular pinball machine/project.
2) Actual visual proof that machines are being built
3) Actual visual proof of some games finished and being shipped

See what I find interesting is that while any of these announcements are good/positive, don't they just return the project back to where it kinda supposedly is already according to the 'Predator is fine' mentality? There are posts and emails here stating that everything's fine, license is fine, machines being built... so to me an announcement of these things now suggests the past claims and email were perhaps.... less than true?

On the other hand I guess "epic" could also carry negative connotations like
1) All pre-owners are royally screwed and lose all their money.
2) Some money is gone forever and some will be returned
3) Never had a license
I'm a glass half-full kinda guy.

Haha hadn't thought about that side... that would indeed be epic. Well played, but hopefully this is not the case.

#2369 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, I actually agree in this case. The Data East comic book look is kinda cool in a time-capsule sort of way, I'm not sure it's really the right direction for the theme. We trumpet "hand drawn art" a lot, and that's great, but it has to be done with a style that matches the game. In this case a well done photoshop would have probably worked pretty well. Depends on the assets Fox could provide really.

/argue semantics on

It bugs me (and I'm sure yourself as well Aurich) that the term 'Photoshop' is the genericised term for "crappy photograph/screengrab art".

Anyone who thinks "hand-drawn" art isn't put into the modern digital realm and "Photoshopped" is delusional. The TBL playfield, despite being "hand-drawn", was somehow magically rearranged. Hope they didn't "Photoshop" it and instead redrew the whole playfield by hand on a piece of paper...

Photoshop isn't responsible for crappy art. It's like blaming the company who makes paints because everything I paint looks like a sneeze (at best). At least it's hand-drawn though...

/arguing semantics off

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the PM's. No worries...there are obviously some assholes on here. If you have questions...just PM me...

Welcome back

Assholes? Are you referring to the guy who took people's money then refused to answer their emails or the guys who are criticizing him? ;eye roll;

#2371 5 years ago

Has this game pissed off more pinballers than any other game ?

#2372 5 years ago

Nah, that would be any Stern with unfinished code.

#2373 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Has this game pissed off more pinballers than any other game ?

What game?

#2374 5 years ago

you can't tell, but i'm an american happily saluting your avatar flag

#2375 5 years ago

If they had to change the art, that would be the most positve news I've heard.

#2376 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If they had to change the art, that would be the most positve news I've heard.

might be duck hunting predator art

#2377 5 years ago

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ALL THE BOOBS?!?

#2378 5 years ago

It bugs me (and I'm sure yourself as well Aurich) that the term 'Photoshop' is the genericised term for "crappy photograph/screengrab art".
Anyone who thinks "hand-drawn" art isn't put into the modern digital realm and "Photoshopped" is delusional. The TBL playfield, despite being "hand-drawn", was somehow magically rearranged. Hope they didn't "Photoshop" it and instead redrew the whole playfield by hand on a piece of paper...
Photoshop isn't responsible for crappy art. It's like blaming the company who makes paints because everything I paint looks like a sneeze (at best). At least it's hand-drawn though...
/arguing semantics off

It really is sad that there is such a misconception about photoshop.

Many people think that if you put an image through photoshop, you have <gasp> manipulated the image! Of course the irony is that the "original image" has already been altered from reality when the digital sensor captured the image, and different sensors will interpret the image differently.

Every single photograph I take goes through photoshop before I post it on my Flickr account. So I guess all my photos are technically "photoshopped"!

Yellowstone3.jpg
#2380 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Every single photograph I take goes through photoshop before I post it on my Flickr account. So I guess all my photos are technically "photoshopped"!

Oh my! The horror! To think you'd actually admit to "photoshopping". What is the world coming to?

#2381 5 years ago

At this point, the only news that could be considered "epic" is the delivery of the first 10 machines... Anything short of that and

#2382 5 years ago

60310247.jpg

#2383 5 years ago

and I laughed, at the Conductor, who said my coal would never last,
and when the fire in the boiler up and quit before I came there ain't no way to say it but a gone, dead, train, a gone dead train, you got to teach it to learn, waiting at the station for a heavy load,

#2384 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

This image got 2 "unsafe" tags and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidefunny-gif-strip-tease-prank.gif 2

Teasing just adds drama and the whole circle just repeats. Anyone that does this should be put on permanent ignore. Why play 3rd grade games? "I know something you don't know...lalalala I know something you don't know...lalala" Very immature. Kevin has been doing for years. The podcast dude is doing it too. If someone knows something and they have no intention of distributing it, just shut up and do not say anything. Just like you commented on! There should be a pinside rule about it, it is like harassment in my opinion!

#2385 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Many people think that if you put an image through photoshop, you have <gasp> manipulated the image! Of course the irony is that the "original image" has already been altered from reality when the digital sensor captured the image, and different sensors will interpret the image differently.

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideYellowstone3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yellowstone3.jpg 576 KB

I think when I and many others use the term "photoshopped", we mean uninspired photo images or montages that look like they've just been cut and pasted onto the game. Like Black Widow in the same pose on the playfield, translite and cabinet on Avengers.

Sure, photoshop is used to do lots of very cool image manipulation. Would like to see more of it if it's done well.

#2386 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Here you go!

giphy.gif1

Ahhhhh. That makes things feel so much better.

#2387 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe they could do silhouettes against a simple backdrop? Get the "team" in there but no defining characteristics.
I like the art style on the existing Predator but the drawing of Arnold, especially his body (kind of important with Arnold!) is fairly poor.

soldiers silhouette 2560x1600 wallpaper_www.miscellaneoushi.com_41.jpg

With all due respect Ben....AMH translite, wtf!

#2388 5 years ago

This is not a photoshopped pipe, and ...

image.jpg

#2389 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yellowstone3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm going to Yellowstone this summer, Arches, Grand Canyon, Craters of the moon etc..

My wife tries to be a more serious photographer, hope we can get some pics like that. What area of Yellowstone is that?

#2390 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yellowstone3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I proclaim this:
#RobTPhotoshopGate

aaaaaand go!

#2391 5 years ago

I just spent the last two hours unhiding images (thanks, & I mean it) & scrolling (not reading) through tons of new posts since my last visit.
Several things I've noticed/decided:
A) Absolutely no news from SkitB. Glad I bailed when I did, even if it wasn't by choice at the time. Even more glad I received my deposit.
B) Ignoring whysnow from now on.

C) Best wishes for Predator. I hope it turns out well & makes me wish I was still on the list upon release. Dream-theme for yours truly. But I just couldn't hang on.

#2392 5 years ago

I keep coming back for facts and all I get is boob pics and speculation. What has the Pinside world come to? Kevin, please rectify the situation...wait, did that belong in the Uranus thread?

#2393 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What has the Pinside world come to?

Actually, as far as this thread is concerned, I think we're about in the exact same place as when it started... granted with more boobs... soooo, maybe we're actually making progress?

I can't tell (care?) anymore

#2394 5 years ago

Actually, as far as this thread is concerned, I think we're about in the exact same place as when it started... granted with more boobs... soooo, maybe we're actually making progress?
I can't tell (care?) anymore

Lol. Way to go team! WTF. The thread is dripping with irony and I am still rooting for the Skit-B team. I hope the game rocks! I genuinely liked the guys when I met them at Louisville last year. I hope that they can pull this off. That being said, can anybody swing by and offer free customer service coaching? Maybe a group of talented pinsiders can help get things back on track..

#2395 5 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

Teasing just adds drama and the whole circle just repeats. Anyone that does this should be put on permanent ignore. Why play 3rd grade games? "I know something you don't know...lalalala I know something you don't know...lalala" Very immature. Kevin has been doing for years. The podcast dude is doing it too. If someone knows something and they have no intention of distributing it, just shut up and do not say anything. Just like you commented on! There should be a pinside rule about it, it is like harassment in my opinion!

Nah, there is a much easier way to avoid this.... just don't give a shit. I have been using this tried and true method of not caring about what others may know or what gossip is out there and it makes life way simpler. It is amazing how much white noise is cut out when people know that you don't care about hearing it in the first place.

#2396 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I keep coming back for facts and all I get is boob pics and speculation.

this-thread-delivers_dhl.jpg

#2397 5 years ago

Another great example of non invested folks crapping on buyers. Wonderful...
And now a speech by some lame ass about how they are saving everyone .

#2398 5 years ago

How hard is it to post info up here to let people know what is going on. I remember battling it out with Wayne in Australia years ago. He produced zero new pinball machines, & I'm producing new pinball backglass & playfields. So I guess the underdog won that battle.

#2399 5 years ago

I think everything that could be said, has been said.
The sudden stop to the boob pics is very alarming as pointed out by others.

Who's up for a temporary rule that if you want to post a comment or idea that has been said numerous times before, then YOU SHOULD POST A BOOB/HOTTIE PIC to go with it.
Even though my post is an original idea, it could to someone else resemble others post. Better to POST A BOOB/HOTTIE pic and be safe than be sorry. This rule would expire when SKIT B & Co finally decide to grace us with their presence.

I sincerely wish for the people with skin in the game to get either the pin or their money.
Cheers
PorkChopExpress

#2400 5 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

... skin in the game...

hehehe, he said skin in the game and then showed the pic. Good one!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 25.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18314 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside