Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 366.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wait no longer. Peace everyone.
yUbVF.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1

Sigh...

My wife. 25 years ago.

I'm gonna wager that Kevin is running out of time on substantative update info. Natives are well past restless, into draw and quarter time.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sigh...
My wife. 25 years ago.

Sigh....

Mine too, except the boobs are too small and the butt is too big...

#2303 4 years ago

18 years in April

I think the next update will be legendary, after all this buildup it had better be more than "We're making progress hang in there a little while longer..."

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wait no longer. Peace everyone.
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hideyUbVF.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1

I'm clearly doing something wrong in life

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I'm clearly doing something wrong in life

Buy a boat.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The truth is ugly that's why no one knows what it is. They don't have good news now or they would release it. What can really happen in the next 3 days?

Something tells me this is not going to end well.

this-is-not-going-to-end-well-photos-23.jpg

#2307 4 years ago

What could be better than boobs? (Hint Jessica Alba).

#2308 4 years ago

King of the world.

Disclaimer: This is not my wife, nor my boat.

#2309 4 years ago

Derailment.jpg

#2310 4 years ago

I will help get this thread back on track, here is a June 20th snapshot of the Skit-B Pinball website:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130620133813/http://skitbpinball.com/

Brad

#2311 4 years ago

I bet it will be the end of this week before we get a solid update.

Given past history, "2 weeks" means more like "14 to 21 days" in this land

#2312 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I bet it will be the end of this week before we get a solid update.
Given past history, "2 weeks" means more like "14 to 21 days" in this land

Given the severity of the situation and the anxiousness of the guys in here, I think this would be one of those times where it would be fantastic to under-promise and over deliver. I don't think anyone here, even you, wants to deal with "typical behavior" anymore.

Kevin, (via Ted) set his own deadline here. He didn't have to say two weeks, he could have said a month or "as soon as we can" but he decided to say two weeks.

Would be pretty rad if he came in a day early with some concrete good news and knocked everyone's socks off.

Right now most are expecting bad news, or a delay beyond 2 weeks, and then cryptic news. How cool would it be for skit-b to shock and surprise everyone with awesome news... early? I hope they do.

#2313 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I will help get this thread back on track, here is a June 20th snapshot of the Skit-B Pinball website:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130620133813/http://skitbpinball.com/
Brad

links no longer work, but at least this keeps the wound open until we can get a bigtime reveal or announcement (one that cannot possibly meet the frenzy and level of hype that is beginning to swarm).

#2314 4 years ago

Does all this mean my Predator t-shirt might become a collectable? Cha-ching......

#2315 4 years ago

You got a Predator T-shirt!
I got nothing

#2316 4 years ago

Hey, two weeks is now turning into three from someone who supposedly has inside info. Queue up more women, anniversaries and excuses. :p

On a real discussion point, who would be willing to accept the same machine without the license? I'm thinking that's where this will end up.

#2317 4 years ago

Hopefully we don't hear these words more often.

I really hope that everyone involved will get positive information soon and that, The Game That Must Not Be Named gets released as promised.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

On a real discussion point, who would be willing to accept the same machine without the license? I'm thinking that's where this will end up.

If this happens then I can see aftermarket stickers being distributed by someone in the comunity to add a Preditor feel back into the game.

#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

If this happens then I can see aftermarket stickers being distributed by someone in the comunity to add a Preditor feel back into the game.

Its going to take a hell of a lot more than just stickers... Sounds and dmd animations...

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here is a close one.

Unknown.jpeg
#2321 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

As a Predator Buyer, if the game does not have a license, then I am out.

There are too many other options from companies that have licensed IP themes.

Marcus

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Hey, two weeks is now turning into three from someone who supposedly has inside info.

If you are referring to me as the person with inside info, you are wrong as usual.
I have no info, but was making a joke that the big announcement will likely be late as everything else is...

On a brighter note, I now know of 7 people that have been able to breathe new life into their pin2k games with the greatness of what can now be found on piratebay and the likes. Glad to see them keeping their games alive!

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Does all this mean my Predator t-shirt might become a collectable?

$10k by Christmas!

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

$10k by Christmas!

11k.Its Home Use Only.

#2325 4 years ago

This license is available if Fox doesn't want to play ball.

Primevil_Primevil_2D_high.jpg
#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Agree completely.

#2327 4 years ago

So what's the latest word? I must admit I payed a bit more attention to the boobs rather than what was said.

Is there really a possibility they might push this game through without a license? If that's the case, holy sh!t what a move that would be, I would be more than pissed.

#2328 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

So what's the latest word? I must admit I payed a bit more attention to the boobs rather than what was said.
Is there really a possibility they might push this game through without a license? If that's the case, holy sh!t what a move that would be, I would be more than pissed.

who knows? the longer a status update takes, the worse is gets for skitb. any communication at this stage, is better than none. havent buyers got a right to know wtf is going? no wonder i've never liked this preorder BS

#2329 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

What would that even mean and could it be done?

#2330 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What would that even mean and could it be done?

Remove all references to preditor. Change the dots. Possibly change playfield art. Same shot layout, another theme.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are referring to me as the person with inside info, you are wrong as usual.
I have no info, but was making a joke that the big announcement will likely be late as everything else is...
On a brighter note, I now know of 7 people that have been able to breathe new life into their pin2k games with the greatness of what can now be found on piratebay and the likes. Glad to see them keeping their games alive!

#2332 4 years ago

Proceed with non licensed version?

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

olivia-munn_300x430.jpg

Aaron Rodgers gets that experience every night.

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

olivia-munn_300x430.jpg

Raven 2 re-theme? (Are your games missing in action)
image.jpg

#2335 4 years ago

All they have to do is add or change a few words, you know like store-brand products do.

SexualPredator.jpeg SexyBeast!.jpeg Predatorcatch.jpeg Eastador!.jpeg
#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Some good stuff is coming real soon (not this weekend) but real soon and no I am not speculating......

Since you've got the inside scoop, when's it coming? And what is it? And most importantly, why the heck is SkitB sitting on good news if it has got good news to share?!?

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Since you've got the inside scoop, when's it coming? And what is it? And most importantly, why the heck is SkitB sitting on good news if it's got good news to share?!?

Even if this "good news" is as Ted alluded to, an updated license with FOX that clears up the previous murky licensing issues- I don't see how that in any way clears up the issue of him blatantly ignoring customers who've been asking for refunds for several months in some cases. He's refused to even acknowledge them, but he has time to chat with Ted to get out a self-serving "gimme 2 more weeks" when things were getting toasty here.

THAT issue has nothing to do with licenses or website or manufacturing. THAT is a simple question of trustworthiness and business ethics and common courtesy.

Not sure how ANY announcement walks back all that....

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Even if this "good news" is as Ted alluded to, an updated license with FOX that clears up the previous murky licensing issues- I don't see how that in any way clears up the issue of him blatantly ignoring customers who've been asking for refunds for several months in some cases. He's refused to even acknowledge them, but he has time to chat with Ted to get out a self-serving "gimme 2 more weeks" when things were getting toasty here.
THAT issue has nothing to do with licenses or website or manufacturing. THAT is a simple question of trustworthiness and business ethics and common courtesy.
Not sure how ANY announcement walks back all that....

You'll get no argument from me that announcement (and legit proof) of a solid license would do nothing to address SkitB's epic failings in communication and respect for customers. What it would do is provide massive relief to the buyers, in that if the project fails, it wouldn't be due to legal action by the IP holder. But that would be pretty temporary if the no communication/no pictures/no progress trend continues ...

Regardless, I posted what I did because I wanted to see if Jetzxi legitimately has some good news to share. He seems pretty sure of it so I assume he's heard something he believes is reliable, but it would still be completely insane if SkitB is sitting on good news at this point.

#2339 4 years ago

this thread was better with this

#2340 4 years ago

Hold on...hold on....I don't know what it is, but, big news and good news announcement is coming soon!

#2341 4 years ago

huge-tracts-of-land-o.gif

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Remove all references to preditor. Change the dots. Possibly change playfield art. Same shot layout, another theme.

What about the sounds and music? Seems like that would be pretty important. Maybe a decent sized discount (partial refund) would be in order for the theme changing? I'm out so that is up the 250. Seems reasonable to ask for it though.

#2343 4 years ago

My assumption is the license to make the game "timed out". Considering most licenses are 3 years, the Predator announcement in 2011, and "the scrubbing" in 2014, this lines up.

Over these last few weeks/months the going theory is that they're either re-negotiating the license, or doing a re-theme. A re-theme = fail so let's not consider that. Nobody, not even us "rival" boutiques, want anyone to fail.

In the best scenario - a successful re-negotiation - the question to ask yourself is if you'd be OK with a "stripped down" Predator?

You don't just license the movie and get everything in it. (Maybe them assuming they did is where the trouble started in the first place?) "Just the movie" would get you the script, characters, Predator imagery, maybe sound FX. Actor voices, likenesses, the musical score and "Long Tall Sally" would all be separate negotiations, costs and contracts.

So the question to ask is: If they retain the license and all you get is the Predator sounds, imagery and maybe the musical score (no Arnold or original voices) would that be enough to keep you in? What is the minimum amount of Predator IP you'd be happy with? Just the title and the monster?

DISCLAIMER: I have no insight as to what's actually going on. These are my own theories and questions based off info available on the web.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hold on...hold on....I don't know what it is, but, big news and good news announcement is coming soon!

Get them Ted!

#2345 4 years ago

Hopefully we'll get all the answers soon and we can all stop guessing...

#2346 4 years ago

How many days left?

#2347 4 years ago

Time must almost be up. We're hearing the, "hold on great news coming soon", chorus again.

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

How many days left?

Just soon....very soon. That to me means days...

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

13 days and counting. I hope everyone gets that good news.

#2350 4 years ago

Curious how long Kevin will stretch out this update?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 25.00
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside