Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 367.
#2001 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

dangerous_curves.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Finally good news

#2002 4 years ago

Ben, you are truly one of us!

#2003 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

dangerous_curves.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

holy smurf

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ben, you are truly one of us!

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

How can you go on and on lecturing everyone when you didn't even listen to more than 3 min. It shouldn't surprise me but it does.
It was just a preface / qualification of what he was about to say. That you were free to take his actual opinions (which you skipped) as more informed than just making shit up out of his ass.

It is pretty simple. Why would I listen to the rest? When you say you have facts and information but decided to not share you are doing the exact same thing as Kevin. Those that are frustrated with Kevin should also be frustrated with the podcast guy. Same routine. Also, it is a very poor act of journalism standards period! You do not see CNN or CNBC doing that crap lol. If this podcast dude wants to be a journalist then he should play by the rules. The only time journalism does stuff like that is say....well...maybe the ISIS issue and the beheading videos. That type of graphic violence is held back because of the horrible video and that children might see it. That is the only time. Professional journalists do not do what he did, period. Name one besides him? Can't? He is trying to be a professional right? I wish him well but he needs to do it correctly.

Peace>

#2006 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidedangerous_curves.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 1

Is there a Requiem "ass to ass" mode Easter egg included?

#2007 4 years ago

If you can negotiate a "special arrangement" with paypal- I'm in!

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from Pubaw:

It is pretty simple. Why would I listen to the rest?

Because by not listening to the rest and getting the context, everyone else who listened to the whole thing are rolling their eyes at you. Seriously, either just listen to it so you can be informed about what you're talking about, or give it a rest.

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

dangerous_curves.jpg (Click image to enlarge)1

One of the best posts in the history of pinside. lol

Would be my first NIB.

#2010 4 years ago

Ben you already have a huge wait list for this game .

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

2nd best part of that is the dinosaurs dropping out of the UFO in the background

I had not noticed that!

#2012 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Would be my first NIB.

I thought that was "The Walking Dead"?

#2013 4 years ago

Jennifer Connelly is so sexy... the rest of this thread is so depressing. More Scarlett please!

#2014 4 years ago

Feel like this is Kevin about to give an update.

2weeks.gif
#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

2nd best part of that is the dinosaurs dropping out of the UFO in the background

You mean 7th? And yes those dinosaurs from the UFO are awesome. Unless the UFO is abducting the dinosaurs which are Godzilla's babies?

#2016 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

anyone who believed that skitb had some time of "special arrangement" with paypal, please pm me, i have a bridge for sale cheap...

Quoted from lowepg:

Funny thing is, folks could have figured that out in the beginning as well- it's not like the policy has changed.... but i guess people just read/heard what they wanted to hear at the time.

Quoted from Jared:

So when Kevin said this, did he really believe it to be true, or did he know what he was saying was untrue?
If this was untrue and knowingly said, what other things were said that may be equally untrue?

Quoted from Apollyon:

And to those that DO have "Predator", please note that I do not wish you ill will at all, and I truly do want you to get your game. I just doubt you will due to how things have played out over the last number of years.

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

I am at a loss to understand how anyone could still have any faith in this project. I really hate to be a downer but I am just giving my view as an outsider with nothing on the line here.

(In case it isn't obvious, I'm now wearing my "Predator owner" hat and not my moderator hat for this post, and am only speaking for myself and not on behalf of Pinside/moderators.)

For all those on the sidelines who are watching while chomping on popcorn and just take a break now and then to snarkily imply and/or tell the ones still in on the project how stupid we are and how we should have seen this all along... please give it a break. We get it, we know, you've told us over and over just how ridiculous we were to actually put our trust in a pinball company. I mean, of course no other pinball company before has EVER had controversy, lack of communication, production issues, or extended deadlines. We were obviously just asking for it by trusting in someone that we'd dealt with for a few years instead of, in the last few weeks or so at least, trusting an anonymous group that won't give their names or sources, are supposedly linked to bigger pinball companies, and seem to be doing nothing but trying to shut down a small company by spreading hurtful rumors.

Of course if those rumors are true then we're all screwed no matter what anyway. You all do realize that even if we want out, there's no way to get out at this point, right? Skit-B hasn't been granting refunds now for at least 5 months, and before that it took someone opening a thread, claiming sick children/emergency/disaster, and getting other Pinsiders' help just to get a refund. We can't just proclaim "we're out!" and magically make it so. Those saying we should have seen the signs when the original "sky is falling" discussions started happening please realize that there were no funds to be gotten back, as apparent by the many people answering the poll or posting directly that they've tried to get their money back for months now with no response. I myself haven't gotten an actual email response from Kevin in over 8 months, other than one copy/paste reply awhile back that didn't even answer the questions that I had asked.

And yes, some people stayed in because they knew that if the rumor mills worked and people left in a mass exodus, the project would be dead from lack of funds anyway. The best way to not screw over Skit-B, ensure the company survived the rumors, and not lose your money (that you couldn't get back with an email request anyway) was to sit tight and hope for the best. We know he has money tied up in parts and there's no way everyone can get all their money back, especially if people start fleeing en mass. The rumors may be true, but then again they may just be unfounded rumors that, when mixed with the lack of communication from Kevin, killed a company.

At this point, all we can do it sit and wait. Yes, some are trying to keep their hopes up by praying that everything is ok and that we will actually get a machine. Some, like me, are mad as hell at the whole situation because we're basically helpless and at the mercy of Kevin, or the anonymous group, or Fox, or whoever is screwing us over today. And looking for answers here doesn't help when everyone on the sidelines and with no actual money tied up in this is waiting with baited breath to shout "OMG I TOLD YOU SO, BWAHAHAHAHA, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG AND YOU ALL ARE SO STUPID" at us. I'm already taking bets as to who will start the first "I TOLD YOU SO!" thread if this all does go to shit.

Great, so maybe you all were right. Congratulations. What good does that do the 250 (or however many are left) of us who got stuck, tried to stick it out for the good of the company/buyers, got screwed over, and lost our money? Some that are secretly poking around claim that they are "doing it for the betterment of the hobby," but I can guarantee you that me losing my paid in full $4750 is going to mean that I'm not really going to be a part of this hobby going forward. I'm not going to be able to afford new in box machines anyway, but I'm not going to trust any company to do a prepaid model. I'm not going to trust companies or groups that had a hand in bringing down a teeny competitor, and I'm certainly not going to trust my fellow pinheads who stood on the sidelines pointing/laughing and got joy out of watching this whole thing crash and burn.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Of course if those rumors are true then we're all screwed no matter what anyway. You all do realize that even if we want out, there's no way to get out at this point, right? Skit-B hasn't been granting refunds now for at least 5 months, and before that it took someone opening a thread, claiming sick children/emergency/disaster, and getting other Pinsiders' help just to get a refund. We can't just proclaim "we're out!" and magically make it so.

+1
Maybe all you Predator people should pool some cash to hire a Private Investigator. He can case the joint and see if production is happening, what Kevin is up to, etc. This PI might give you invaluable information that can be used if you need to sue Kevin if he doesn't deliver yet has spent all the money.

#2018 4 years ago

BT >>>

#2019 4 years ago

Can't believe a forum with mostly anonymous participants has a segment of negative postings. Understandable frustration, but if you only want owners to comment , you might want to start a private facebook group.

#2020 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

...snipped for length.....

Your frustration is valid, as are your points. I think a lot of the spillover you see from the "I told you so" folks are in the form of rebuttal to the way over the top "volume over fact" cheerleaders. It is great to be excited about this project, but the people going out of their way to ease fear are just as damaging as those causing it. For anyone that is on the fence about this project, it is really important that they see all the opinions around it as well, so they can help form their own opinion.

I wish everyone in this project nothing but the best. I can imagine that if it gets done, it will most likely be the only SkitB title released based on this rollout. Definitely will make it a rare piece in terms of production.

...now back to Pinside's regularly scheduled drama....

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

(In case it isn't obvious, I'm now wearing my "Predator owner" hat and not my moderator hat for this post, and am only speaking for myself and not on behalf of Pinside/moderators.)
For all those on the sidelines who are watching while chomping on popcorn and just take a break now and then to snarkily imply and/or tell the ones still in on the project how stupid we are and how we should have seen this all along... please give it a break. We get it, we know, you've told us over and over just how ridiculous we were to actually put our trust in a pinball company. I mean, of course no other pinball company before has EVER had controversy, lack of communication, production issues, or extended deadlines. We were obviously just asking for it by trusting in someone that we'd dealt with for a few years instead of, in the last few weeks or so at least, trusting an anonymous group that won't give their names or sources, are supposedly linked to bigger pinball companies, and seem to be doing nothing but trying to shut down a small company by spreading hurtful rumors.
Of course if those rumors are true then we're all screwed no matter what anyway. You all do realize that even if we want out, there's no way to get out at this point, right? Skit-B hasn't been granting refunds now for at least 5 months, and before that it took someone opening a thread, claiming sick children/emergency/disaster, and getting other Pinsiders' help just to get a refund. We can't just proclaim "we're out!" and magically make it so. Those saying we should have seen the signs when the original "sky is falling" discussions started happening please realize that there were no funds to be gotten back, as apparent by the many people answering the poll or posting directly that they've tried to get their money back for months now with no response. I myself haven't gotten an actual email response from Kevin in over 8 months, other than one copy/paste reply awhile back that didn't even answer the questions that I had asked.
And yes, some people stayed in because they knew that if the rumor mills worked and people left in a mass exodus, the project would be dead from lack of funds anyway. The best way to not screw over Skit-B, ensure the company survived the rumors, and not lose your money (that you couldn't get back with an email request anyway) was to sit tight and hope for the best. We know he has money tied up in parts and there's no way everyone can get all their money back, especially if people start fleeing en mass. The rumors may be true, but then again they may just be unfounded rumors that, when mixed with the lack of communication from Kevin, killed a company.
At this point, all we can do it sit and wait. Yes, some are trying to keep their hopes up by praying that everything is ok and that we will actually get a machine. Some, like me, are mad as hell at the whole situation because we're basically helpless and at the mercy of Kevin, or the anonymous group, or Fox, or whoever is screwing us over today. And looking for answers here doesn't help when everyone on the sidelines and with no actual money tied up in this is waiting with baited breath to shout "OMG I TOLD YOU SO, BWAHAHAHAHA, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG AND YOU ALL ARE SO STUPID" at us. I'm already taking bets as to who will start the first "I TOLD YOU SO!" thread if this all does go to shit.
Great, so maybe you all were right. Congratulations. What good does that do the 250 (or however many are left) of us who got stuck, tried to stick it out for the good of the company/buyers, got screwed over, and lost our money? Some that are secretly poking around claim that they are "doing it for the betterment of the hobby," but I can guarantee you that me losing my paid in full $4750 is going to mean that I'm not really going to be a part of this hobby going forward. I'm not going to be able to afford new in box machines anyway, but I'm not going to trust any company to do a prepaid model. I'm not going to trust companies or groups that had a hand in bringing down a teeny competitor, and I'm certainly not going to trust my fellow pinheads who stood on the sidelines pointing/laughing and got joy out of watching this whole thing crash and burn.

This is a bit OTT isn't it. Nobody has said any Predator pre-orderers are stupid. None of the quotes you have included indicate this either (including mine!). I'm not sure why you would think this. I nearly ordered one myself at the very start. I know a few people that are in on this and none of them are stupid people.
I don't see anybody here laughing at the thought of fellow pinheads losing a load of cash on this. Talking about it and asking questions does not mean people are "laughing watching the whole thing burn."

Sometimes the people on the 'outside' are the best people to listen to. They have no ties, no bias opinions etc and can sometimes see things more clearly than people who are in the middle of it all with an emotional (and cash) attachment.
The questions being asked here need to be answered. It is disgraceful that none of you guys have a clue what is going on. Why are you attacking the people who are asking the questions? You say all you can do is sit and wait but that is not true. Maybe the time for waiting is over. Maybe it is time you guys start proceedings on getting your money back.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

+1
Maybe all you Predator people should pool some cash to hire a Private Investigator. He can case the joint and see if production is happening, what Kevin is up to, etc.

call gene parmesan.jpg
#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

For all those on the sidelines who are watching while chomping on popcorn and just take a break now and then to snarkily imply and/or tell the ones still in on the project how stupid we are and how we should have seen this all along... please give it a break.
(...)

You could not have said it better.

#2024 4 years ago

Does anyone have a phone number for Skit-B?

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Some that are secretly poking around claim that they are "doing it for the betterment of the hobby," but I can guarantee you that me losing my paid in full $4750 is going to mean that I'm not really going to be a part of this hobby going forward. I'm not going to be able to afford new in box machines anyway, but I'm not going to trust any company to do a prepaid model. I'm not going to trust companies or groups that had a hand in bringing down a teeny competitor, and I'm certainly not going to trust my fellow pinheads who stood on the sidelines pointing/laughing and got joy out of watching this whole thing crash and burn.

I really do feel for you, but if the $4750 makes that big of a difference in your life, then you definitely should not have invested it in a startup. Prepaying for anything is risky. Lesson learned the hard way? I don't think anyone here is going to enjoy watching you loose your money, but there are probably some here that want anything founded on white lies, manipulations, and false hope to fail. Not routing for you to fail in seeing your money again, but happy that the truth eventually came out. Once again I am completely sorry for your potential loss, but you had to have known the risk monetarily supporting a completely unproven startup company right? You do see how some just didn't feel right about some of the way things were presented and are borderline happy that their suspicions were correct and they made the right choice not getting involved here correct? But once again I don't think anyone here would be happy that supporters don't get their investments back. Once again I am sorry for your potential loss, hope things workout for all those involved.

#2026 4 years ago

Maybe all you Predator people should pool some cash to hire a Private Investigator.

Don't need to. If you've read all of the threads inside this topic, you'd likely note there are already quite a few PI's on the case. We need to just let them do their thing. The truth will come out soon enough.

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

You could have moved the word 'Curves' around slightly.

#2028 4 years ago

Sometimes the people on the 'outside' are the best people to listen to. They have no ties, no bias opinions etc

Disagree.. Everyone is prebuilt with biases. Some like to speculate, some like to watch things burn, rarely is anyone impartial about anything. Unless the so called outside people have inside information (facts), they are speculating just like everyone else.. No more valid than the cheerleaders..if anything the cheerleaders are actually more likely to have inside information than the outsiders since some might actually be in contact with people at the company. This all played out in the TBL thread as well and thankfully is resolved now but the craziest of the speculation always came from the outsiders.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Don't need to. If you've read all of the threads inside this topic, you'd likely note there are already quite a few PI's on the case. We need to just let them do their thing. The truth will come out soon enough.

Someone start a kickstarter campaign for the Predator pre-order folks. The funds will be use to hire a Sam Spade type PI

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from Decat:

I really do feel for you, but if the $4750 makes that big of a difference in your life, then you definitely should not have invested it in a startup. Prepaying for anything is risky. Lesson learned the hard way?

Wow! Where is my wayback machine? Perfect statements, using hindsight, to make now after all that has transpired with pre-orders(Predator, WOZ, and others). Perhaps next time, we should consult an Oracle or crystal ball to determine if we should take a chance on something.

#2031 4 years ago

Someone start a kickstarter campaign for the Predator pre-order folks. The funds will be use to hire a Sam Spade type PI

963.png

Oh, wait..... would this be like a pre-order thing?

#2032 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Disagree.. Everyone is prebuilt with biases. Some like to speculate, some like to watch things burn, rarely is anyone impartial about anything. Unless the so called outside people have inside information (facts), they are speculating just like everyone else.. No more valid than the cheerleaders..if anything the cheerleaders are actually more likely to have inside information than the outsiders since some might actually be in contact with people at the company. This all played out in the TBL thread as well and thankfully is resolved now but the craziest of the speculation always came from the outsiders.

I don't disagree with you. But I am not talking about outsiders having more info. I mean they can sometimes see things more rationally because they have no attachment.
Of course it is easy for me to say as I have no money on the line here. But I am simply stating that, from my point of view, everybody has been more than patient. And that perhaps it is time to get serious with these guys.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm certainly not going to trust my fellow pinheads who stood on the sidelines pointing/laughing and got joy out of watching this whole thing crash and burn.

"Not trust"?
You might "not like", I think the ONLY mistrust needs to be aimed at the person who took your money and made the promises - not the critics, FOX or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Actually, if this thing crashes and burns, perhaps more trust in the folks that are critical of the whole pre-pay-pinball-scheme (not just skitB) is exactly the position folks should be taking.

Also, I keep hearing this same irrational complaint about pinsider "rooting for failure" or "rejoicing at people losing money" - as if ANY criticism of ANY pinball project = want industry to die. Unless you can point to examples Ive not seen- I'd say this is unfounded and unfair and call bullshit on that statement.

And so as not to stray from the recent newer and better theme here:

For my friends feeling "underwater" on their predator:

#2034 4 years ago

"...but you had to have known the risk monetarily supporting a completely unproven startup company right?"...

Everybody with that 20/20 hindsight...

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

"...but you had to have known the risk monetarily supporting a completely unproven startup company right?"...

I think it was easy for people to GET IN to this project because it DID provide a good balance of risk vs reward:
a modest deposit to hold a place, the balance due once production began.

I would never personally pre-order in a million years (unless Dangerous Curves in announced), but that original payment program seems very reasonable for people who DO enjoy pre-ordering.

It's only once that policy changed and more money was demanded where the trains flew off the tracks (for me) in terms of reasonable risk vs reward/ However, many people have publicly stated they have enough play money that they could afford to lose $5K and understood the risks. Bully for them, I envy that position (because its not mine). All those folks can give the critics a hearty "F-you, I spend my money the way I like."

So, I don't fault anyone's logic for jumping into this program initially (with the exception of believing there was a "special" paypal program).

Nothing in pinball is perfectly back and white. However, this Jennifer photo IS:

#2036 4 years ago

This is a bit OTT isn't it.

Possibly. But it's more of a culmination of months of frustration that finally came out. I was just highlighting some of the more negative opinions on just the last page, as I don't have time to go back through 41 pages to find/highlight more. I'm sorry if I offended you, as that wasn't my intent. I simply quoted you for the "how could anyone still have faith in this project" as I was addressing the fact that whether we have faith or if we don't have faith and want out, we're still stuck and in the same place. Everyone is yelling for us to get out, but there's no way at this point.

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Can't believe a forum with mostly anonymous participants has a segment of negative postings.

Actually, the last 35 pages or so of this thread have been one big negative posting, with the exception of an occasional new pinball theme translite or boob/chick pics. And sadly this is the "good thread" that survived when we closed down about 6 more that were even more negative.

Quoted from Decat:

I really do feel for you, but if the $4750 makes that big of a difference in your life, then you definitely should not have invested it in a startup.

As a few have said above, hindsight. I prepaid over a year ago when everything was all wonderful and great and the Skit-B train was rolling right along. Now I've got a husband who is at home sick and using the last of his PTO to the point of his job being possibly on the line, a friend in surgery as I type this, and a mother-in-law who's pre-op for a foot surgery that will leave her dependant on me for over 10 weeks since husband has no PTO and we're the only family in town. Would I have signed up for an expensive pinball machine in the current situation? Nope. Luckily this is the only machine that I preordered, as I know of people who are in on multiple machines that have yet to exist.

Quoted from lowepg:

"Not trust"?
You might "not like", I think the ONLY mistrust needs to be aimed at the person who took your money and made the promises - not the critics, FOX or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Just for the record, I'm currently not mad at Arnold Schwarzenegger... yet. And yes, I am mad at Kevin first and foremost for the sheer silence and all the speculation and issues that it is causing. The business was his to save or kill just on honesty and communication. But I'm definitely aggravated at the ones that claim to have all the info and know all the answers, but yet purposely stay anonymous and only talk in rumors, because either they are right and they've purposely stayed silent about it except to random/special people who are sworn to secrecy, or they're wrong and killed a business with rumors.

I'm also not saying that 'any' criticism on here is bad. I am not talking about most of Pinside and know most are just along for the ride because it's the latest coolest soap opera at the moment now that WOZ is out and apparently something is going on with JPop. Also, mention of a "special PayPal plan" didn't come along until the last few month, did it? I honestly can't keep up with all the rumors and non-emails we're getting these days.

Sadly, I am at work and cannot contribute a Jennifer Connelly picture. So I'll just reitterate that, while I think she is gorgeous, blondes rule.

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Some that are secretly poking around claim that they are "doing it for the betterment of the hobby," but I can guarantee you that me losing my paid in full $4750 is going to mean that I'm not really going to be a part of this hobby going forward.

You think people "poking around" is the reason this is all happening? You think that people poking around will be the reason you lose $4750? Is it even truly, factually, actually proven that you WILL lose money? I mean, yes, the writing on the wall is grim, but nothing is in stone as far as anyone knows, right?

Quoted from blondetall:

I'm not going to trust companies or groups that had a hand in bringing down a teeny competitor

Wait a second, you think companies or groups "had a hand" in bringing down Skit-B? I know you are angry, upset and hurt... but you have to see through that and not place the blame anywhere else than where it deserves to be placed. No-one tried to "bring down predator", apparently some people just started asking questions in the total absence of communication and odd disappearance of youtube videos and photos. If some simple phone calls really did lead FOX to start a process that blows this thing up then that means it was never real to begin with. That's not any companies fault but one.

I know some people here DO seem to be "eating popcorn" but I for one think this is terrible. I said several months ago:

It's in the best interest of our entire hobby for this all to work out as planned and promised.

Should this blow up for some reason, the resulting title-wave will have a catastrophic effect on other upcoming boutique pin makers and the whole pre-order culture pinball exists in today in 2014. Not even talking about the financial disaster, the psychological effect it would have on sales in the future would change this entire industry.

So yes, this is why there is such a heightened interest in this situation. This is not a game, its not a joke, its not a internet popcorn fest. This is a situation that at least possibly may have a historic effect on our hobby.

Here is what you said 4 months ago Blondetall.

Quoted from blondetall:

So y'all chill and don't be calling Fox or getting my pin shut down or taken away. And if we later find out that SkitB intentionally screwed us and I have lost $4750, 2+ years of waiting, and countless other pin opportunities while my money was tied up, then I will lead the charge to lynch them.

Even then you obviously thought that someone calling Fox could "get your pin shut down or taken away". That was never the truth. Your pin getting taken away is only one persons fault if that actually happens.

Lets all hope that it does not. If a company like DP can recover from a complete disaster and come out OK in the end, so can Skit-B I think! There is always a solution. The difference is, we knew there was a problem with DP... here we only speculate that there is a problem. Maybe it will all work out fine in the end. I hope it does.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So I'll just reitterate that, while I think she is gorgeous, blondes rule.

Any picture to support that bold claim?

#2039 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Possibly. But it's more of a culmination of months of frustration that finally came out. I was just highlighting some of the more negative opinions on just the last page, as I don't have time to go back through 41 pages to find/highlight more. I'm sorry if I offended you, as that wasn't my intent. I simply quoted you for the "how could anyone still have faith in this project" as I was addressing the fact that whether we have faith or if we don't have faith and want out, we're still stuck and in the same place.

That is fair enough. I understand how frustrating this whole thing is to the people with money in this game. My comment about faith in the project was actually aimed at the few people who are still claiming everything is OK and that everyone should just wait a little longer etc etc. Because clearly everything is not OK.

I think you will find that the vast majority of people here (pre-orderers and not) and all behind you guys and are hoping you either get your game or your money back. If it all hits the fan you can bet the community will all come together to try and help out.

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Even then you obviously thought that someone calling Fox could "get your pin shut down or taken away". That was never the truth. Your pin getting taken away is only one persons fault if that actually happens.

Not TOTALLY true! If the machines were just made and delivered, that would be that. If calls were made and the shit hit the fan, and that caused the project to stall or be shut down...that's another thing...

#2041 4 years ago

just for the record...

i'm totally eating popcorn

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not TOTALLY true! If the machines were just made and delivered, that would be that. If calls were made and the shit hit the fan, and that caused the project to stall or be shut down...that's another thing...

I disagree.

If the machines were made and delivered, and they were legally allowed to be made and delivered, that would be that.

If calls were made, and it was brought to the attention of Fox that a such thing as a predator pinball even existed at all for the first time, and that caused the project to stall or be shut down... that's not another thing... that's an indication that things said in the beginning were never true.

The good news is... at least for now... that's not been proven yet. Not by Kevin... or by Fox. Its still up in the air. Nothing is 100%, and even if we get some terrible news that there never was a license... I think the door remains open with the right person (Roger Sharpe?) (Heighway who already has a Fox license?) to salvage this deal somehow.

Blondetall said it best: sit back and wait. Thats all that can really be done.

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

And looking for answers here doesn't help when everyone on the sidelines and with no actual money tied up in this is waiting with baited breath to shout "OMG I TOLD YOU SO, BWAHAHAHAHA, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG AND YOU ALL ARE SO STUPID" at us. I'm already taking bets as to who will start the first "I TOLD YOU SO!" thread if this all does go to shit.

I think you're completely misinterpreting many people's posts. I absolutely do not get that above vibe from most of the posts you quoted. Please, direct your anger at those who lied to you and stole your money, and not those who are simply commenting on the CURRENT clusterf*ck situation. Also, please do not let a bad preorder cause you to give up playing pinball - just don't preorder any more. Easy to say, I know... but remember, only two people out of thousands have caused you harm. Please stick around

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

(Roger Sharpe?) (Heighway who already has a Fox license?) to salvage this deal somehow.

very interesting that you are now claiming this...

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Actually, the last 35 pages or so of this thread have been one big negative posting,

....and all Kevin has to do is SAY SOMETHING!!!!! Something here, something directly to the buyers....He knows everyone who's trusted him is suffering - yet he stays silent. Any shitstorm of negative posts are DIRECTLY HIS FAULT.

Takes 2 seconds to write a post or an email (that makes sense).

This lesson has been obvious for years now - silence gains new pinball 'companies' NOTHING but a destroyed reputation, unhappy customers, and the likelyhood that they'll never make more than one title (if they can even do that).

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Disagree.. Everyone is prebuilt with biases. Some like to speculate, some like to watch things burn, rarely is anyone impartial about anything. Unless the so called outside people have inside information (facts), they are speculating just like everyone else..

First, bias and speculation are two completely different things. Of course everyone is speculating - that is all anyone can do in the absence of hard facts. However, it's pretty easy to be unbiased. I tried Pred a year ago - the theme and gameplay were good but not enough to interest me in buying, so I passed. The equivalent of a shoulder-shrug. I am biased in that I want people to get what hey paid for, and that I'd like Predators to be made so they're out there to play, but that's about it. I know no one involved personally, so it's definitely outside-looking-in here.

I think some poor souls here believe anyone who is not 'on board' is somehow against the project succeeding, and they could not be more wrong. *DISCUSSING* the current bad state is NOT encouraging failure, it's just discussing reality. Skit-B are the only people who can fix the situation.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I absolutely do not get that above vibe from most of the posts you quoted.

It seems the 20 pinsiders that thumbed up her post got that above vibe as well.

Disclaimer: I am of the 20.

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Anytime you hand someone thousands of dollars for something that is not yet built, you're taking a risk. This is not an 'accusation' or 'making fun' or hindsight - it's simple fact. I did exactly that when I wrote Gene a check for 2250 back in 2004. I wrote that expecting I had a 2/3 chance of getting the game, but I knew there was significant risk involved. So did everyone else - that's why Gene only sold 170 or so preorders.

I think the success of Gene, and then WOZ may have conditioned people to believe pinball preorders weren't as risky as they seem, which is unfortunate. Gene was this --><-- close to failing, but pulled it out of his ass thanks to his net worth.

#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

It seems the 20 pinsiders that thumbed up her post got that above vibe as well.
Disclaimer: I am of the 20.

Would anyone actually thumbs-down that post?

#2050 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Re-theme complete.

This image got 2 "unsafe" tags and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hidedangerous_curves.jpg (Click image to enlarge) 2

Ooooooh. Godzilla!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 269.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.25
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 149.00
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside