Topic Stats

• 18,278 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 366.
#151 4 years ago

I just got refunded 4500. Thanks pinsiders who helped me with this. Hope you all get your Predators soon.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Again.. if "support@skitbpinball.com" says a few days... I expect to be a few days.
If there is no money for a refund in a few days, someone is hiding something. And trying to lie about it. And I don't want to go there with my assumptions yet.

I don't know who is running support but that's probably a generated response. Id send 20 emails a day till you got your money back. It needs to be more professional and upfront, if its gonna take a couple months to give a refund then tell the customer that and most will give a little slack because they are being transparent.

I dont know if you have yet but when you send emails always include your name, game number, email address and possibly physical address to help speed up the process.

#153 4 years ago

Same. lol.. just like magic! Got the full refund too. I hope one day to find a Pred in the wild

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I just got refunded 4500. Thanks pinsiders who helped me with this. Hope you all get your Predators soon.

Good news! Hope you were in front of me.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

So 2 weeks of following requested protocol with no response, and 3 hours after you post a complaint on Pinside, you get a full refund? You obviously did the right thing. Congratulations for not waiting longer.

Skit-B, this is a pathetic way of conducting business.

#156 4 years ago

@KCpinballfan

I'm one of those, if you tell me 5 days, I wont bother you 5 days but I expect to be done in 5. Or if is 5 months, I wont bother you 5 months...

And yes, all my emails included name/prod#/game#.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

So 2 weeks of following requested protocol with no response, and 3 hours after you post a complaint on Pinside, you get a full refund? You obviously did the right thing. Congratulations for not waiting longer.
Skit-B, this is a pathetic way of conducting business.

I hated to cry about here here. If they were only better with info and response I would still be in. I was number 65 so many of you moved up a spot! Good luck to skit, no hard feelings.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

@KCpinballfan
I'm one of those, if you tell me 5 days, I wont bother you 5 days but I expect to be done in 5. Or if is 5 months, I wont bother you 5 months...
And yes, all my emails included name/prod#/game#.

Oh ok, yeah definitely if they give you a time frame wait till after. Im glad you got your money, what number were you? Also MarcG what number was yours?

Edited: you answered already Marc

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I was number 65 so many of you moved up a spot!

Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Also MarcG what number was yours?

#160 4 years ago

So since im #77 I should move to at least #76 now?

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Oh ok, yeah definitely if they give you a time frame wait till after. Im glad you got your money, what number were you? Also MarcG what number was yours?

I was prod #56 back in September

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I was prod #56 back in September

Nice well they should b adjusting the production numbers of the people still in since the last bunch that dropped out so I know by you two that dropped out I should at least be #75. I wonder how much its changed in the last two weeks.

#163 4 years ago

This is how I see the predator guys dishing out refunds... but at a much slower pace....

bailing-water.gif
#164 4 years ago

^ well at least, two guys got their refund today. When did the last 2 RAZA spots get sold, never mind refund? That's right, they haven't.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

I just got refunded 4500.

Quoted from splitskull:

Same. lol.. just like magic! Got the full refund too.

Awesome news! Glad it worked out for you guys.

#166 4 years ago

Have any of the smaller "boutique" (am I using the correct term here?) shops like Skit-B talked about open sourcing the code for their machines?

Inspired by the concept of the Stern ROM browser/utility that was released by a fellow Pinsider, I've often wondered about the general idea of tinkering with the source code for the game's rules.

There are SO many creative and enthusiastic people in the community that I think you could really expand the fun by "re-programming" the game's rules.

Is there a discussion about "home brew" rules here on Pinside?

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Have any of the smaller "boutique" (am I using the correct term here?) shops like Skit-B talked about open sourcing the code for their machines?
Inspired by the concept of the Stern ROM browser/utility that was released by a fellow Pinsider, I've often wondered about the general idea of tinkering with the source code for the game's rules.
There are SO many creative and enthusiastic people in the community that I think you could really expand the fun by "re-programming" the game's rules.
Is there a discussion about "home brew" rules here on Pinside?

Predator is open source

#168 4 years ago

America's Most Haunted is open source, as well.

#169 4 years ago

Tullster showed me the pinball browser the other day. I must say as an audio guy the possibilities are pretty exciting. Would definitely be a large time investment though.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Same. lol.. just like magic! Got the full refund too. I hope one day to find a Pred in the wild

For what it's worth, I was paid in full at the end of last year (initial $250, plus remaining $4500 in one lump sum, all through PayPal). I decided to back out (for personal reasons) back in late Spring. I got an email back (from Kevin) the next day stating that I'd see a refund in a matter of days. There were some additional communications over the course of the next month and a half. Everything remained cordial and I ended up getting my refund (through PayPal), but 42 days later.

I mention all of this, because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

Just thought I'd pass along that info to possibly relieve some angst from other seeking to get their refund. It may be taking a little extra time to process the refunds due to the "special" process they have to follow, but the good news is you should get back the full amount regardless of the PayPal 60 day return policy.

I guess that's just an extra step he's taken to look out for his customers (even the ones that back out).

#171 4 years ago

Would a t-shirt make an adequate topper for a pinball machine?

http://www.80stees.com/products/dillon-predator-shirt

dillon-predator-shirt.main.jpeg
#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

For what it's worth, I was paid in full at the end of last year (initial $250, plus remaining $4500 in one lump sum, all through PayPal). I decided to back out (for personal reasons) back in late Spring. I got an email back (from Kevin) the next day stating that I'd see a refund in a matter of days. There were some additional communications over the course of the next month and a half. Everything remained cordial and I ended up getting my refund (through PayPal), but 42 days later.
I mention all of this, because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.
Just thought I'd pass along that info to possibly relieve some angst from other seeking to get their refund. It may be taking a little extra time to process the refunds due to the "special" process they have to follow, but the good news is you should get back the full amount regardless of the PayPal 60 day return policy.
I guess that's just an extra step he's taken to look out for his customers (even the ones that back out).

My refund came exactly like yours. one $4500 and one $250. And I'm happy about that. It's exactly like Kevin said when I got on board of this project. 100% refundable.

I did not know about the way and time it takes for them to issue the PayPal refund. So I went by what "Support@skitbpinball" was telling me.

This again proves that a little communication, would have saved a lot of headaches. For many, not just me.

#173 4 years ago

Would a t-shirt make an adequate topper for a pinball machine?
http://www.80stees.com/products/dillon-predator-shirt
» YouTube video

dillon-predator-shirt.main.jpeg 138 KB

I like the official one....

image-671.jpg

#174 4 years ago

I know very little of what has gone on with Predator, as it's not a game I was that interested in, but after getting some extended time on it at Expo, I really hope they get these made and who knows, maybe somewhere down the line I may end up with one.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Thanks for the info. Its good to know.

#176 4 years ago

Yup, found my new hunting shirt...
http://www.80stees.com/products/somethings-out-there-predator-t-shirt
...thanks guyincognito!

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

mention all of this, because what Kevin ended up explaining to me was that they had a "special" agreement setup with PayPal in using their services. This allowed them to refund the full amount (even though it was beyond the 60 day PayPal policy). But because of this they had to go through a separate (and seemingly more time consuming process) to refund the money. I ended up receiving two separate refunds from PayPal (one for each transaction, $250 and $4500). The nice thing was that I was refunded the complete amount where as I thought the processing fees would have been lost. In the end, I received my refund and I was happier because I didn't lose the $ for the PayPal processing fees.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but you guys really believe this crock of shit? It's an amateur bullshit excuse. No respectable business operates this way. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

gal-beverly-gilbert-r-hill-jpg.jpg
#178 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but you guys really believe this crock of shit? It's an amateur bullshit excuse. No respectable business operates this way. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.

gal-beverly-gilbert-r-hill-jpg.j... 112 KB

All I know is originally if we requested a refund it was less paypal fees so whether its true or not doesn't matter as long as people are getting all of their money back. Kevin doesn't have to give a full refund back but wanted to use PayPal to give people another option for payment.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Your 100% correct this is an an amateur stepping into the ring to release their first pin. It's not bullshit though, it's just the cost of doing business with a first time manufacturer. Chances are there's going to be bumps along the way as they figure it all out. If the second and third pins are just as rocky that's when you really need to start getting worried. Nothing "stinks" it's just the reality of the situation.

#180 4 years ago

4 pages in and what have I learnt.

A couple of people wanted refunds and now seem to have got them. For me this is good news.

Not really sure what I can take away from any of the other comments.

As a customer it would be nice to see one picture of production to cut this entire thread off at the knees

#181 4 years ago

To those who paid via paypal, can you not simply chargeback the money?

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

A couple of people wanted refunds and now seem to have got them. For me this is good news.

You see two people getting refunds. Many others see two people who could NOT get refunds because of a lack of basic communication, and were forced to plead on a public forum to get their money back. They should never have had to come here. When Pinside effectively becomes their customer service department, this is not good news. Plus, this is not the first time this has happened.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

To those who paid via paypal, can you not simply chargeback the money?

I think there is a limit of 60days on that. Or 90days. Not sure. Past that you cannot.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I like the official one....

image-671.jpg 234 KB

"Official" might not be the most accurate description.
: )

#185 4 years ago

I'm glad some impatient people got there refund. More likely I can get one

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

"Official" might not be the most accurate description.
: )

Designed and produced by skit-b and worn by the skit-b team.
That's official enough for me.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

4 pages in and what have I learnt.
Not really sure what I can take away from any of the other comments.
As a customer it would be nice to see one picture of production to cut this entire thread off at the knees

There was a picture posted in one of the 15 other threads created in the past 3 weeks...it showed a bunch of cabs being made. I believe the number of cabs already made is well above 100.

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

There was a picture posted in one of the 15 other threads created in the past 3 weeks...it showed a bunch of cabs being made. I believe the number of cabs already made is well above 100.

I'm a preorderer, I've been reading all PRED threads. Must've missed that picture!

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

I think there is a limit of 60days on that. Or 90days. Not sure. Past that you cannot.

Its been extended to 180 days now. So for those who paid the full amount recently (like me) have the opportunity to chargeback the money. Not that I plan on doing so, but its nice to have the option.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm a preorderer, I've been reading all PRED threads. Must've missed that picture!

They were just black virtua pin cabs. You didn't miss much.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Ah.

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

No, they were Predator cabinets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-players-guide/page/23#post-2009882

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just check the skit-b website or fb page... sounds like the kind of thing that would be available there...

#194 4 years ago

I'm not implying they weren't. They're black and made my virtua pin, no?

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm not implying they weren't. They're black and made my virtua pin, no?

The Virtua Ppin guy is the one who is making the Predator cabinets. He was the one who said "Predators in the house!!!! Looking sexy and ready for decals" when he posted those pictures to Facebook.

I think there are a couple Virtua Pin cabinets in that pic, but we have to take his word for it that the rest are all Predator cabinets.

#197 4 years ago

While randomly looking at the Skit-B site today hoping to see an update, I clicked on their "crew" page. I thought there used to be another guy working on the project with Kevin. I remember seeing him in some of the old videos, but they have pulled all of the videos down. I looked back through web archives and found this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20131004091046/http://www.skitbpinball.com/crew.html

His name was Aaron and apparently he was the engineer. Any idea what happened to him? Maybe this is old news, but I am curious why he is no longer part of the project. Is he on Pinside?

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

While randomly looking at the Skit-B site today hoping to see an update, I clicked on their "crew" page. I thought there used to be another guy working on the project with Kevin. I remember seeing him in some of the old videos, but they have pulled all of the videos down. I looked back through web archives and found this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131004091046/http://www.skitbpinball.com/crew.html
His name was Aaron and apparently he was the engineer. Any idea what happened to him? Maybe this is old news, but I am curious why he is no longer part of the project. Is he on Pinside?

Old news, not a lot of info. They parted ways apparently amicably...private business to stay private. He's been gone for awhile.

#199 4 years ago

Facebook says he works at a body shop now

#200 4 years ago

VirtuaPin posted a photo on their Facebook page of Predator cabinets which I had been asked not to share before. Check it out! Behind them are the blue wrapped part palettes that arrived during my visit, as well.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
There are 18278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside