Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

587 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 3 of 3.
#16816 6 years ago

'build a predator mode'
You have to shoot every shot in the game to collect the parts to help clay out.
Ramp deflector will of course keeping knocking the ball off and Mr Bally callouts will deny and deflect any conflict of interest for his buddy. Mystery award allows you to collect a 'free' box of random parts which just show up at your door and the mode ends.

Once you complete the mode, you just get a voiceover from clay telling you "this is not a kevin built predator"

#16818 6 years ago

Whysnow multiball.

Half the shots turn green and the other half turn red. Each green shot adds to a cheer meter. Each red shot adds to screw over the kulek clan meter. Must complete all green shots before all red shots of course. Complete the mode starts a multiball each jackpot throws another kulek in jail (note: code not finished for this mode yet)

#16866 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't think spending a few hundred thousand is as hard as people make it out to be, especially when you allegedly give over $100k to a cabinet guy who never produces anything.
I think Kevin truly is broke at this point.

I think there is a VERY good chance he took some of the money to buy up games and put on route so he can earn cash side business. We know he was at cash auctions buying games. We have seen the red trailer full of route stuff. We know he inquired with a few people to build mames to possibly route. We also know he has a few buddies that run routes which he could hide the games under.

What was the place where he took Predator to put on route when it was a prototype? Where has that guy gone? Mike something or another was the owners name...

#16891 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Wow....that you said "wow". Honest mistake, don't try to turn it into something it's not. We all know where you stand at this point..it's crystal clear. In your attempt to become the anti-Hilton, you're now Hilton, part deux.

Please don't rope me in with this guy. I never would root against the pinheads or be happy someone in the right got screwed. I am full of passion and while misguided at times, i am NOTHING like this guy or the friends he protects that have taken actions directly in the face of the pinball community and selfishly for themselves.

2 weeks later
#16982 6 years ago
Quoted from aalucero:

The same ones that have been taking care of the kids for all their life...tax payers.

well for a short bit, I assume they spent our money to take care of the kids. We know daddy bought them laptops with our money and had a trailer full of arcades bought with our money.

damn the whole family is such lying scum!

for a while I thought the judge was just giving them room to hang themselves. I now think he wants to take down kevin and wife, but sees that mama-K has less of a case on her and likely sees that she needs to be around to take care of the kids. Sad as it is, she is likely the best parent of the 3 of them.

#17012 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I believe the Judge was swayed by the whole Trustee asking 25k.. and being valued at 1/10th of that. I think that hurt Keith vs Momma in the sympathy column. I don't understand why the Judge is playing Legal Advisor too.. instead of just saying "you should get representation".

I am surprised that the trustee has not subpoeneaed the previous owner of the trailer to get their signed statement fo what they sold it for? If it was even a penny over the $250 mama K is claiming then she is in trouble.

Going on book value, it seems to have been worth atleast $2500 at minimum.

#17014 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

And to whom they sold it to!

yes! 100%

#17018 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is this public record?

guessing it is easily pulled from title transfer records?

grab VIN and then subpoena previous owner for statement?

1 week later
#17097 6 years ago

nice. Can I get a summary? I dont have time to listen currently

#17108 6 years ago

VirtuaPin/Paul did all of the damage to his company with his OWN words

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=noahfentz

The fact that he stood behind Predator with $$$$ to gain and then we find out he took over 100k of pre-order money and did so with multiple checks of <10k made his motives abundantly clear. (Seriously, why would anyone take MANY individual checks for just under 10k at one time unless they are trying to hide something)

This lack of ethics is what has impacted his business.

he made his bed on his own! Period.

I explained to him that his best course of action was to be truthful and up front with the community (if he had been duped by SkitB which it is now abundantly clear that he was part of the group actively duping) and then they would support him and it would in fact grow his business. He spoke to me on the phone and denied taking anything but minimal deposits from SkitB. He gave me the poor me story of investing lots of money to move his business and buy more equipment just to build 250 Predator cabinents.

It was after this that it came to light he actually took over 100k of our money and only delivered 10 cabinents for an unlicensed machine he had previously gaurenteed was licensed in order to keep people in and ensure he could get more money from Kevin.

I would have personally supported Virtupin and his business if he had be up front and truthful with the community instead of lying to each and every one of us repeatedly.

#17124 6 years ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

In case you haven't listened to the latest audio, it's posts like the above that are being brought up (and submitted as part of their argument) as proof that Keith is hurting VP's business. (I'm not saying it's valid, but it is part of the proceedings).

Yeah, I wont ever spend a penny with virtuapin but it ONLY has to do with this.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#17146 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Downvoted only because transfers of money dont always indicate questionable intent. Some people don't want the govt in their business. Spot on otherwise.

wait... you are saying that when you pay for a large purchase that it is normal to make multiple payments via check on one day and make all those checks out to the same person for just under 10k? 9,900 then 9,900, then 9,900 then ...

That is not doing anything to keep the government out of your business. If anything it is inviting them in. Dont want them in your business then use cash for these sort of payments.

pretty obvious what they were trying to do here. pretty stupid also as their knowledge was based on urban myth to begin with.

#17150 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I was correct that it was 100% not an urban myth.
I was incorrect about it be ANY payment of cash or check.
However, our Mr.Cabinet Maker will probably find himself in hot water with the IRS because he knew those payments were to skirt the IRS. In which case, he was REQUIRED to report it.

urban myth that by taking multiple payments under 10k means you dont have to report. Reality is that it does need to be reported and after things are done with the court case I would guess the IRS will be interested in talking with him about these transactions also?

"

What Payments Must Be Reported?

You must file Form 8300 to report cash paid to you if it is:

1.Over $10,000,

2.Received as:

1.One lump sum of over $10,000,

2.Installment payments that cause the total cash received within 1 year of the initial payment to total more than $10,000, or

3.Other previously unreportable payments that cause the total cash received within a 12-month period to total more than $10,000,

3.Received in the course of your trade or business,

4.Received from the same buyer (or agent), and

5.Received in a single transaction or in related transactions (defined later).

"

#17152 6 years ago

what is cash?

"2.Any transaction in which you know the payer is trying to avoid the reporting of the transaction on Form 8300"

#17163 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'll post it here to make it easy:

thanks

who would have thunk... the IRS website and language is confusing... lol

1 week later
#17180 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

(or his investor's)

there were NO investors...

For some reason it seems many people from MI keep trying to push this idea (seems like a few are trying to push this use of language). There were customers that ordered a product that was never delivered. Skit-B and Kevin Kuleck sold a product that they did not have the legal rights to build and never delivered on those goods.

#17186 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Yep. It's a vast conspiracy.

I was not insinuating this at all. Just pointing out that there are a few people form MI that have used this 'investor' language so often that it seems to have become common use by others; most notably other in MI. It appears that they have heard it often enough that it creeps into their language even though it is inaccurate.

Keep in mind that some in MI have actively attempted to help create red herrings for chasing down money in order to waste resopurces and time, have actively tried to create additional ammo for the SkitB and associated lawyers to use against those trying to recover money by posting false news stories and defamiatory insinuations against them, and oddly enough 2 of the confirmed and known produced games currently reside in MI. 1 of the games is confirmed as in the hands of Clay whom has a following of local supporters. 1 of the games is confirmed as in the hands of Tim Fife.

Basically pointing out that things are not always as they seem and "investor" is far from the reality even though some have pushed that word use. I dont know of a single investor for SkitB. I know of LOTS of screwed over customers that are still rightfully pissed about what SkitB has done and equally pissed about what Clay and Tim have done.

#17187 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I hope everyone is made whole or close to it.

I see that as slim hopes. I just hope to ensure the entire Kulek gang has as much of that money clawed back as possible and that those that have further taken advantage of the people that pre-ordered by buying games second hand or 'making' them from parts that were paid for with pre-order money, get theirs in the end.

Speaking of...

I have a $500 cash reward for anyone that can provide photo evidence of any Predator games/ parts and whom they are currently in the hands of. If anyone wants to snap a photo/video of the "not-Kevin built" game that Clay has then let me know. Happy to have you set up a fake gmail/paypal to take payment if you want to remain annonymous (understanable that you would in this case).

We know there were 10 playfields and the parts to build 10 games out there. We know of at least 2 complete games out in the world and have photos of the Tim Fife game obviously so dont need anything with that one.

The most recent story I am told is that Kevin sold the bulk parts to some guy that then resold them to others.

Any verifiable information of the location of these parts and players involved in the purchase/sale are appreciated and I will compensate you for the information.

#17193 6 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

We're getting together again tonight. If you PM me, I'll give you the exact location for the ritual. Generally, we alternate between the woods behind Tim Fife's house and a flooded out shed that used to have arcade games in it. You need to bring your own doll. We like to use ones with pinballs for heads.

please be sure to pass the word that there is a $500 bounty for pics showing where the parts went.
I'll toss in an extra $100 is it comes with voodoo doll and the game.

#17206 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Is this $500 PER machine?
Sidenote:
If I send you a picture of the coffee table I built with preadotor parts can I get say HALF of your reward monies?
I mean there is over $250 worth of LEDS in it, not to mention I splurged for invisiglass, which in hindsight was a poor idea. I can't see where to put my coffee down, constantly spilling hot beverages ruining my latest copy of pingame journal.

sure.

I am happy to pay for verifiable information/evidence regarding this.

It is my understanding that there are 4 Predator pinball machines in some state of completeness.
1 of these machines is the Tim Fife game. No need for any further evidence of this as the dummy posted and bragged about it already.

1 of these machines is the Clay Harrell "not Kevin" built game. I will pay for evidence of this game in Clay's possession. As simple as you snapping a stealth picture of the game in his house/clubhouse/with him/ basically anything that can place the predator pinball machine in Clay's possession.

2 of these machines are unknown of current whereabouts but I believe one is in IL currently. I will pay for evidence of either of these games.

There were key parts to build atleast 10 early production games in total. I will pay for evidence/ information regarding these parts.

If someone has a predator pf that they turned into a coffee table then I am not concerned with them but i will pay for the info on where they bought the pf from.

Kevin allegedly destroyed all these parts.
Clay allegedly found a pile of parts.
One other person allegedly traded Kevin a different pinball machine for their Predator position so Kevin allegedly gave him parts/a completed game in return after it all went under.

It does not all add up and lots of lies from both Kevin and people that currently have the prototype games and parts. I would like to recreate what happened and when.

Why you may ask?

Basically, I dont think these guys that bought parts from Kevin or games from Kevin after all the shit went under should be able benefit by having these games/parts which were only even made from the use of pre-order money. I specifically would like to track the parts as they left from Kevin and where they went. Evidence of Kevin selling licensed material post it all going under shows his true nature when things become criminal (they will as after the bankruptcy and civil stuff is done, you better believe I will be just as tenacious on working towards criminal and IRS proceedings) and may help in getting the weight of Fox pressing for criminal charges.

I also think some of these games have value that is a recoverable asset of the trustee/ people screwed in the whole thing. I would love to see these games recovered, auctioned off to the highest bidder, and then potentially made available for the public to see/play rather than hidden away in some clubhouse or basement.

#17212 6 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

So you will pay me $500 to trespass on someones property and take a picture?

nah, you probably should not trespass to get the photo, but since clay has bragged about his machine I am guessing he regularly invites his clubhouse friends to come play it. One simple and quick photo stealthy snapped can earn you $500. As you note, the game plays like a turd anyway, so no reason for it to remain hidden away so only the cool crowd in MI can play it.

#17215 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Soooo, what are the chances that there are more than two machines? In a state of at least full assembly? You said FOUR.

We know there were 10 'produciton' playfields built, so I would say that is the upper limit. I understand there to be 4 games in some degree of a full game.

Quoted from rommy:

Guess Clay is just...different

I believe the current story (allegedly) is that predator parts just magically showed up in a big crate of other parts at his clubhouse one day and he decided to build himself a game from assembling those parts. He allegedly tried to hide this from the community until some of his clubhouse buddies reached out to let me know that he had done this. I stopped Clay at the last VFW show I attended to ask him about it, he turned white as a ghost and quickly ditch the conversation; obviously floored that I knew (he is not a good poker player). He allegedly then went through hours of his CCTV survailence video that he has at the clubhouse, trying to determine whom of the other clubhouse members I spoke with and which one ratted him out. Funny part is that it was multiple people that put the word out what Clay had done because even though they are part of his clubhouse they were also sickened by what he was doing and his willingness to take the parts paid for by the pre-order people and then turn them into a game for himself.

He could have been the hero and been striaght with it up front and reached out the the community to help build a game that would then be on display for others to at least play and see, but that is not the path he chose.

Again, I say this is all allegedly as I have been 'warned'

#17221 6 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I keep seeing things like this posted around. "If kevin had just been honest it wouldn't have been a big deal". "If Clay had come to the community and let us know it would have been fine". "Tim would be off the hook if he didn't cover up his possession of a game" I just have trouble believing that. I'm not endorsing hiding these things from people or owning it, but lets not be silly. People are out for blood. If Clay or Tim or any other owner was honest they would have been crucified. Sure maybe, it would have been a slightly nicer lynching, but it would have been bad news regardless.

maybe some, but I dont agree with that.

IF Clay had come on the board and said, "Hey everyone, I located the required parts to build a Predator and would like work to build a 1 off game for posterity and so everyone that visits the VFW has a chance to play it at some point. I know alot of you were screwed and feel bad that these parts were paid for with pre-order money, but also feel it would be good to preserve the game and the story of what it was. If you were one of the 175 people that got screwed in the pre-order of this game then I want to offer 1 free day admission for the next VFW show. Come for 2 days and only pay for 1", I am pretty sure it would have been very different.

Of course we would have also expected him to actually cooperate and say where he got the parts from as that is important in the ongoing legal matters against SkitB, but wouldn't any good member of the community be willing to provide that information already...

It could have been a fun community project to work together to create a 1 off game which would have been available to play at VFW, it could have been some good will for Clay, and it could have been a good thing for the longevity of the VFW and people willing to continue to help donate money when it is needed in the future (like so many of us did at the start and when he can asking for funds to put on a new roof).

I would have supported Clay if he had been upfront and honest about the situation, along with cooperating with discovery aspects.

#17223 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That sounds nice in theory and after-the-fact, but remember the mood of everyone while the whole thing was collapsing. I don't think very many buyers would have been interested in the posterity aspect of the game after just seeing the whole project crumble and their money evaporate in real time.

fair point. If that is the case then he should have just done the right thing, taken down all the info of the guy that had the parts, told him no thanks and that he did not want to touch the game with a 30ft pole as it was caustic, and then turned over the info to the lawyers/police/discovery team.

He made a willful choice to acquire the parts, 'build' a machine, and knew he was doing so with the very parts paid for by people screwed over in the whole thing. I personally think he paid for the parts and that money went back to Kevin either directly or indirectly, but that is just my opinon based on Clay's history and nature.

I was a big supporter of Clay and his whole thing up till this stage. After pulling this BS, then I flipped the switch on my opinion of him. Hence why I am happy to pay for evidence of the game in his possession. I have to think that there will be someone happy to make some quick cash and also sees the wrong in what he has done so they will be happy to toss him under the bus.

#17230 6 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Just curious, why would you want a picture of his machine?
In all these posting, I seem to recall, somewhere on the innerweb he admits to owning a game.
Is the picture for special purposes?

proof that he has it and what he actually has is the purpose.

#17248 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Would you have been fine with Clay if he just openly said I have the all the parts to build a Predator and I am going to keep it for display at my museum/vfw/shop, whatever?

assuming he also divulged honestly where he acquired all the parts/ from who in order to provide some help to the trustee and civil suits trying to recover assets and track down where money went...

then sure, I would have been completely fine with that and even helped him out to make the game be the best it could. I also would have continueed to support his efforts with the VFW museum and donated to keep it running. In general, I support the idea of anyone that amasses a nice and well maintained personal collection which they open for public use each year.

Making up some BS story about finding the parts in a box outside the clubhouse and only even coming up with that half baked story after it came to light that he had a Predator which he claimed to have build from these parts was not a good idea. It did not work and everyone has seen right though it all. Toss on this that the game is not available for public play and we see the reality pretty clear in the situation.

#17262 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

he sure doesn't feel bad that he worked a backdoor deal out to get an Alien before people that have paid money and waited years for a machine.

I did not work out any sort of back door deal to get an Aliens.

I put down my name and paid the deposit to hold my spot, just like anyone else in Heighway 1.0 Not sure where you get your BS lies from but you are wrong.

Quoted from vicjw66:

If Heighway goes under without shipping games or refunds to its customers, will you give up your Alien to be auctioned off so the proceeds can be distributed evenly to everyone who is owed money?

Please see above. Aliens was bought and paid for with a company still in business and selling a legally made machine. I know you like to try and pile on when given the chance, but you should pick your options of when to jump in a little better...

I would NEVER make any sort of deal to personally benefit from something like getting a Predator machine/parts after the company failed and we all knew the truth of the shitstorm a comin'
Reality is that Kevin called me when it was all going down and told me to come on over and get the most recent prototype game he had build and to take it as my own. He "felt bad" that I had been such a proponent of him and wanted me to get something. I turned him down and told him to pound sand.

You are trying to make the comparison, but you just look silly since they are not even remotely similar and by the sounds of it Heighway is righting the ship and has refunded all but 2 or 3 people (not sure, but from what I have read that seems to be the case)

#17268 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I thought before you mentioned promising sharing audits and other info to get yours early and promised to operate it.
It's not pure luck your game shipped early and almost completely isolated from every other build...

We purchased a Full Throttle and deposit was placed with name on the list back then for Alien. I have no idea where that put us in the line but it was first 10 for sure. Moving from somewhere in first 10 to the second to be delivered was a matter of confirming I would be putting it on route and provide info to help make it better. Sorry, but that is not some sort of back end deal after the company folded in order to secure a game that was built on the backs of others. That was simply good business when things were all happy that games would be delivering (Andrew obviously needed game out in the public eye so they could be played and others could buy) , plus the forethought to put a name on a list early on in order to get an early production game (I like supporting pinball and the fun of getting things early so I often push to do that).

To even say this is remotely similar to what people with Predators did if laughable.

#17270 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

hey hilton:
do you care to explain to the pinside community why you thought that I had any knowledge of this whole mess? and because you thought so, you contrived a story that you were obtaining a joust pinball and wanted some breakdown information from me (which I gladly gave you). but somehow in the phone call that transpired afterwards, the whole joust story somehow turned into another "predator" witch hunt where you attempted to "pump" me for any known information (all of which was conjecture, hearsay or heard 3rd, 4th and whatever hand from people who knew people) simply because I reside here in michigan and am currently a member of clay's club?
unhappy with the fact that I appeared to be "holding out on you", you then gave my contact information to keith nathanson (without my knowledge or consent), who then phoned me at my place of business and attempted to "bully" and "lead" me into giving information (again of which I did not possess) under threat of having me deposed and subpoenaed
at one point I thought that we were friends. heck, I even backed you up [here] on multiple occasions. however, I've never had a [friend] who was as self-serving as you. you may think that you're a pinball saint, but let's face it, you're just another dumb@ss who drank the kulek kool-aide and unfortunately got burned (like many others)
what makes it different is that you've made this your personal vendetta (because "your" [good] friend kevin screwed you over). and you figure that it's ok that everyone in the pinball community that even knew of the predator fiasco is fair game to be abused by you.
I've got news for you, it's not. if you attempt to contact me again over this situation, I'll be contacting my legal counsel and proceeding with a harassment suit
full disclosure:
I have met and/or talked to kevin kulek a total of 3 times (totaling maybe 10 minutes with most of the conversation actually surrounding their "duck hunt" game). to be honest, the only reason that I ever spoke with kevin was that I was working the shows and was bored. I never thought that the predator game (shown at the michigan pinball expo a few years ago) played very well.

not sure what to tell you...

We spoke on the phone about Joust (thanks for your help) and then you turned the conversation to Predator and wanted to gossip about it but could not go 'on the record'. You told me specifically that Kevin 'sold the spare parts to some guy in IL and that is where clay got the parts' I asked you for info on the "guy in IL" and you refused to tell me anymore saying you did not want to get involved since MI is a small world and some of the bigger collectors ban people from their collections. I took that as you were trying to warn me that Clay was going to ban me, but also that you and others wanted to maintain your good standing and clay was actively trying to figure out whom the mole was in the local MI group.

I gave you full disclosure then that I was going to pursue finding out more to discover where the parts went and how they got to clay. I also told you that the easiest thing would be for you to tell me the name and I would keep it anonymous and your name would never come up so Clay would not know where the info went. You opened the can of worms and bragged about having knowledge to help the discovery but were unwilling to give the details needed; you knew you were going to be talking to someone down the road if you had info, and you even said "I want to help you guys but I cant because of how things are over here" Sorry you now feel the need to lie about the conversation, but I fully understand that the heat came down on you from those with Predator games/parts and they are not happy that you helped provide more info to track down potential recoverable assets. As for any conversation you had with the lawyer, nice to hear he was doing a good job of calling people with potential knowledge of recoverable assets. That is what he is supposed to do. If you ever decide you want to provide the rest of the info to help piece things back together then you know where to find me and I am sure the other guys that got screwed in this matter would appreciate the info also. Dont worry, I wont ever ban you from playing my games, even if you dont help out. That said, I think it is the right thing to do and you will feel better for helping do the right thing rather than protecting a few people that are on the wrong side of this whole thing.

last thing...

here is my 'contrived story' lol

P9080525 (resized).JPGP9080525 (resized).JPG

#17271 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thats is the deal mentioned to get the game BEFORE others. Which is the comment made

Which was not said

others said it was some sort of backhand deal...

I know people want to really stretch to make some sort of connection to what Clay did on Predator but it is such a stretch it is silly

#17273 6 years ago

Wish you had said it was all just info from your boyfriends cousins sister roommate...

I still have $500 for factual evidence/info on where any of the parts to build 10 Predator games went.

Set up a throwaway gmail and paypal, send me the info, once verified, you will get payment and never be named (you dont need to be named as the only thing of interest is the recoverable assets and the hands they passed through from Kevin to ? to ?)

#17277 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

Interesting that you keep (only) focusing on the first 10, Hilton - is it that you were in the first ten in line and want to get your hands on it and "too bad so sad" for buyer #11 and onward, since obviously there's not going to be much, if any recoverable money from Kevin/SKitB?
Note: I have no horse in this race, I am just sitting back and watching (and eating popcorn)

looking for info on 10 as we know that Kevin had parts to build 10 games. In particular and specifically there were 10 playfields made and we have see the photo posted in the depths of this thread from when Kevin picked up the crate with 10 pfs. That is the limiting factor for building your own game from what I see...

#17293 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Defendant Jonathan Andrew Pinfield-Wells has agreed to pay $2,000 to settle the adversary proceeding against him.

nice to see more money being recovered!

Great job by the trustee!

#17297 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey since your on Hilton can you answer this please?

pretty sure you already know the answer to that. If not, just ask your buddy.

#17325 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This below is a real trolling post. It directly bashes and appears as an attempt to viciously harm a fellow pinsider. It is also a COMPLETE LIE.

that is neither trolling nore a lie.

Mr Bally you have been abundantly clear with your motives. Heck, the posts were deleted but you tried to claim that Kevin had gone crazy and was in California and about to jump off a crane. It appeared you did this for the sole reason to try and provide additional fodder for the SkitB team in court and their claims of personal attacks on an adult website.

I wish no viscious harm on Clay. I merely would like evidence of the predator machine he has in his possession. I am pretty sure he will let someone lplay it that is willing to snap a stealth photo of it. I will pay cash for that evidence. It really is pretty simple.

#17328 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Your missing the point. Your dragging a pinsider (Clay) through the mud with a bunch of wild accusations you can't prove.

What are you talking about?

Clay has made it very clear he does not have a "Kevin built predator"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tu=cfh

Based on his own words and those of numerous MI based people that told me and others about it from the start, he does have a predator machine, even if it is a 'Clay built predator' . This is not dragging him through the mud. He made his own choice to acquire the parts to build the game and then brag on here about all the knowledge it would take and the hurdles to overcome.

This is not some wild conjecture or some sort of acusation Talyor. Just go read Clays words and tell me you come up with something different from his public statements here... Keep in mind that I asked Clay about it 2 years ago at VFW after talking with a few of his club members that were willing to confirm the (up till then) rumors, and his reaction was crystal clear. It was only after being called out that he started to talk about it.

I dont see anything wrong with offering up a $500 reward for the evidence to prove he has a Predator in any state of assembly. I really dont care whom built the game as it makes no difference to me at this stage. All that matters is someone took it upon themselves to benefit off the money spent by pre-order buyers so they could have their own game.
Photo to prove even the parts are in his possession it is good enough. If he does not have it, then the photo never surfaces... If he does, then it will eventually happen.

I am guessing at some point Clay will brag to the wrong person or show it off and they will be happy to snag a free $500 for the efforts of snapping a photo.

Over 175 people that spent money and got screwed in this and lots of friends of those people. All it takes is one good person in the small community that wants to help out. My hope is that the $500 is enough incentive for them to do so.

#17330 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

My names not Taylor

sorry, meant Tslayer just cant type

Quoted from tslayer71:

maybe we should talk about that.

pretty sure it has been talked about plenty. I can rehash it for you again if you like.
In short, yes I supported SkitB and was a big proponet of them back in the day. I am sure people stayed in on things when they possibly would have been able to get a refund, but elected to hold the course because of my support. We all make decisions and I have appollogized repeatedly for that influnce. Some people I have appologized to specifically and directly. Others it has been a general appology. Did I hurt you also Tslayer? If so, I am sorry my influence caused you to stay in and lose money.

I have promised to fight even harder to go after every single person that has taken advantage of the collective pool of pre-order people and that includes Tim Fife and Clay Harrell and anyone else that has Predator machines or parts that were ill gotten.

I have been a big push behind the civil suit from the start and have/will continue to put plenty of time and money towards making sure all people even remotely affiliated with Skit-B/ Predator/ the people helping to try help that team along the way pay for the damages. While we may never see the actual dollars, they will take it in pain of endless court proceedings and time wasted at minimum.

Keep in mind that the civil suits are what pushed the bankruptcy. The bankruptcy has in turn allowed for plenty of discovery and clawing back of funds. The bankruptcy has also prevented many of the funds from being forgivable, meaning they will follow the SkitB team for life. I have to assume that things found out during the bankruptcy (like hiding funds from the government or not paying any taxes) will result in even more issues down the road for team SkitB.

#17337 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think I would rather see the games built than sitting as a few random parts gathering dust.

I would also, but NOT the way Clay has gone about it.

Quoted from Jvspin:

It seems Clay is stating what most people who have been following this saga already know.

oddly, many of the active MI posters in this thread have seen Clay's Predator yet none of them will say it publicly here. Clay was pointing out the features required to build a game as a way to set up the storyline of how he got a machine. I was originally told by a few active MI people that he had purchased a built game from Kevin. It seemed Clay thought it was better perception if he "built" a game, hence all the talk about "Kevin" built. Reality is that nobody really cares if you build the game yourself or bought it from Kevin directly. In both cases you have the parts that were paid for and developed with pre-order money.

How about some truthful answers from the active MI crew... "Have you seen or played any Predator pinball games or parts in Clay's possession?" Where else have you seen them?

Any of you active shit givers care to answer that truthfully?

#17343 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

As the administrator of a pinball museum, we look at one-off games and how they are made. Unfortunately there's only TWO predators that exist (Kevin's and Tim Fife's) that we know about. Though the location of Kevin's is unknown, Tim only lives about 20 miles from us. I have personally seen his machine, and inventoried and photographed it. The problem is, there's some things that prohibit making one of these, at least easily...
CUSTOM PARTS.
Playfield. Rumor is there's 10 out there. One is in kevin's machine, one in Tim's. That leaves 8. At least that's the rumor...
Plastic toys. Kevin actually had made 200 (or 250) of the plastic toy sets from Back Street Alley. They were made and paid for. They are out there. There's some people that have them as gag toys, because what good are they? No games to put them on... Kevin gave them to his friends/employees because they have no value at this point. also if you didn't have them, no big deal, as they are just cosmetic stuff. do not effect game play.
Flat plastics. make your own, nothing fancy here, has repeating foliage design on them, pretty easy to make design in photoshop.
Ramps. Biggest stoppage. They are custom and would have to be made from scratch. Expensive, time consuming...
Metal lane guides. pretty easy to make your own. vid has a nice explanation of this on pinside.
Wiring harness. custom hand made, point to point, very time consuming.
Software. Could be gotten from Tim's machine. But of course, he would have to allow that to happen... A major stop point, unless written from scratch using Kevin's rules, or Tim is willing to let you make a copy.
COMMON PARTS.
Pretty much everything else!
Here's a list of what we guess is needed, from what is seen on Tim Fife's game.
----------
Sega/Stern or PinLife 4-ball trough assembly: PL homebrew 4 ball. PBL-100-0015-00
Sega Apron: Pinball life plastic apron. part 545-5995-02
Pop Bumpers. Three needed. DE pop assemblies w/ 26-1200 coil. part 500-5227-00 pinball life
Slingshotss. Two needed. DE sling assemblies w/ 26-1200 coil. part 500-5849-00 pinball life
Left Eject assembly. This is a bit tricky, but standard Stern/williams parts. It's a kickback used in stern games.
535-6730-00 Stern (marco)
A-17767 williams (marco)
26-1200 coil (pinball life)
Right eject assembly. Scoop Weldment Assembly from pinball life PBL-100-0034-00
Center standup targets, 2 targets, pbl_B-12001-1
Left Diverter Assembly (AKA Flipper assembly).
Used for the left diverter. These are standard williams right hand flipper assembly with low power coil.
pbl A-15205-L-2
VUK assembly. More stern/williams parts. This is what i have found could be used...
535-9590-02 (marco)
515-7701-00 (marco)
AE-26-800 coil (pinball life)
Disappearing Post: pinball life pbl_A-17932
VUK weldment wireform. Looks like from Demo man! Part Number: 12-7166B (marco)
Diverter Arm. Perhaps from twilight zone! Part Number: A-16316 (marco)
Shooter lane auto launch assembly. Pinball Life #a-21553
Flippers. Standard WPC style from Pinball life: pbl_A-15205-R-2_A-15205-L-2
MISC STUFF....
Cabinet (game base on Johnny Mnemonic cabinet aka standard williams wpc cab.)
cabinet graphics (black cabinet with red lettering, easy to make in photoshop)
backglass. Scan back cover of the blue ray DVD for the movie
flipper bats (williams pinball life)
lane guides (williams pinball life)
Speakers (pinball life)
Backbox latch (pinball life)
Playfield glass rear channel (pinball life)
IDC lamp socket/bracket (pinball life)
Stern PF slide brackets (pinball life)
Siderail carriage bolts (pinball life)
Speaker panel H channel (pinball life)
plastic posts (pinball life)
metal posts (all kinds and varieties, pinball life)
Nuts and Bolts
Pop bumper cap screws
Pop bumper rod washers
Ramp wood screws
Micro switch mounting screw 2-56 x 7/16"
LED Playfield Lights 555 style from CoinTaker
LED flasher bulbs 906/89 style from cointaker
Long UV Lights (along sides of playfield). This is tricky as needs to be bright.
Cold Cathode fluorescent light, UV color (blacklight), 600mm (24 inches.)
http://www.elwirepros.com/single-24in-ccfl-computer-k24.html
Short UV Lights (long lower ball arch)
Cold Cathode fluorescent light, UV color (blacklight), 150mm (6 inches.)
http://www.elwirepros.com/6in-comp-ki6.html
COMPUTER AND BOARDS NEEDED.
Computer. Kevin use an old HP computer. Don't think anything too powerful needed. Running Windows7
P-ROC
Standard Proc CPU board (not proc3.)
PD-16 driver master pd-16m
PD-16 slave board pd-16
PD-8x8 Lamp matrix board pd-8x8
Misc ribbon cables
DMD
use a standard 5 volt LED DMD. or a plasma DMD with a small DMD power supply (more expensive but this is what was originally called for.)
Power supplies:
5vdc / 12vdc power supply
Lamp matrix power supply. Need 18 volts for lamp matrix.
Coil power. need 50 volt supply for coils.
General illumination power supply. use a 6 volt power brick.
Smart power strip: used for power distribution
Of course there's tons of other things needed too. Like buttons, coin door, wood back playfield panel, etc etc. Probably a lot more than i can think of right now...
====================
But the point is this. This game is not a difficult build from a parts perspective, aside from the custom stuff listed at the top of this post. Could most people do this? probably not, but given the time, could be done! After all, Kevin did it twice!! It would take a lot of time and knowledge. And you still have some issues with software and ramps and playfield that are difficult to overcome, but not impossible. If you had a playfield though, that would get you into the ball park, as it's a good starting point (after all you have to have something to bolt the parts too!)

post is useless without photos

#17345 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

My 2 cents: You're getting off course here dude. The hounding of Clay is a ridiculous side show full of nothing but hearsay and conjecture. Sleuth on Kevin, not some dude who's a legit asset to the hobby.

I appreciate the opinion, but anyone that has assets of the pre-order buyers is worth sleuthing. I dont care if it is only a couple thousand dollars worth of parts, those are still potentially recoverable funds for pre-order people and frankly should not be in the hands of anyone but the trustee at this point. Anyone that supported Kevin after the shit hit the fan and willingly aided in getting him more money and taking advantage of all the pre-order people by buying up parts or games is a pretty shitty person IMHO.

Granted Clay could answer it very clearly but stating he does not nor has ever been in possession of a Predator playfield or any predator parts. Those game specific things are obviously the limiting factor to this and also the most valuable assets that remain of the physical 10 potential builds. If Clay was a legit asset to the hobby then he would have provided info to help recover assets for the others in the community, period.

1 month later
#17564 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Why did this become all about the Mom anyway? Isn’t this about Kevin? What am I missing?

Mama K was only a small part of this.

As to why she was involved >>
#1 she claimed to be employeed by Skit B pinball and was noted as legal department or some sillly crap like that. She was part of selling games at minimum.
#2 it appears that assets were transferred from SkitB to her; in particular for the purchase of a RV. Recently, I assume the RV value (now flooded?) was deemed to be of little value or not an asset worth the time of the trustee.

Either way, Mama K was a worthless lying piece of trash so it was worth trying to go after her if there were funds to gather.

I personally enjoyed that she had to waste her time going to/from court appearances. I am also fine with the trustee cutting bait to let her off the hook at this point. If they determined the time and energy was better spent on others (I think it is) then so be it. I think we can still get her criminally investigated or at minimum investigated by fed and state for possible fraud around not paying taxes or taking advantage of the system.

I have said many times that I dont expect to get a penny back and am happy for the system to make all of their lives as shitty as possible as they blow through whatever potentially recoverable assest there may be. After the bankruptcy system is done with them, then the stay will be lifted and we can go after them civilly. After that there is still the criminal aspect. Still many years of BS for them to go through...

#17570 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But, would it have cost any more billable hours to just leave things stand and have the judge be pissed for her missing court. The vindictive side of me says keep her on the hook And waste her time, possibly end her vacation early to come home. That's when you drop the case against her. Unless that would cost more money.

Yeah, i agree it would have been nice to force her appearance and then drop the case, but I am guessing it looks more favorable to the judge to do it how the trustee did.

#17580 6 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

So the morale of the story for Momma Kulek is if you help steal a ton of money, then spend that money on assets that get destroyed, you get off scott free when the people stolen from want their money back?

this is ONLY bankruptcy proceedings. Plenty of opportunity for making Mama K's life hell with civil and criminal down the road.

This is the reality of the court system (and this time in a good way). The trustee is supposed to go find the money associated with Kevin's Bankruptcy. He was denied bankruptcy so the state goes to try and recover as much money as possible. Really appears the main potentially recoverable asset from Mama K was the trailer. If the court determined it was not worth much or not recoverable (i.e. it is junk so they dont want it along with Mama K is destitute and/or does everything with cash that is not trackable) then their actual job is to not waste any further time on her once they get that info.

Only guess work, but based on the recent court documents it appears the trustee either subpoenead or through discovery was able to talk to the seller of the RV (the original owner/seller? was on a recent document to testify at the now dismissed court proceeding) and determined the RV was not worth as much as previously thought or as many things are done in some areas...(cough; not to generalize but quite a few people in that specific area of MI seem to be very comfortable both lying to the state and committing fraud), the documentation and transfer of the RV was not well documented or documented as much less than the real value. Unfortunately that is not easy to prove against and outside of the trustees job to prove that potential fraud also.

They just go after the money that they determine is recoverable, and in some cases that becomes a business decision on time/fees vs what could be gained.

3 weeks later
#17598 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nothing wrong with letting out some frustration that this case is pretty much over with from what I can tell. Thoughts?
John

Nope, not even close. Case is proceeding at the typical pace.
Things are going well so far.

Kuleck clan lives are much worse off now than before the case started.
Kevin will not be able to discarge any of the listed debts.
Witch wife owes the trustee big bucks (for their sorry asses it is big money)
Still waitin on the Paul case and counter which are where much of the money went, we all know is most likely to recover, and at minimum we should get the joy of getting back something from this tie in.
The bankruptcy proceedings have done lots of leg work that should help the civil cases when they resume and also gives plenty of good info on criminal activities.

Things are far from over for the Kuleck clan.

I can understand the fatigue for many, but please stay strong. This family obviously needs to be brought to justice so they can't scam others.

#17610 6 years ago

Pretty funny if Tim Fife thinks his days in court are over just because the bankruptcy court deemed the games were not recoverable based on his story/lack of proof that he was the primary purchaser...

Sad that the judge made part of his conclusion ignoring that Tim clearly new the back story about the game/SkitB before taking possession, but then again it appears that had little impact on his decision. With no proof that Tim was the primary purchaser, not much to be done.

It is not over Tim. Some will give up, but many won't

I do like that he claims to have paid 8k for the game as it will be hard for him to ever sell it for more than that. Looking up his lawyer, i am guessing he also spent quite a bit more than the 8k already just to hire him.

#17620 6 years ago

Spot on,esp the part about Timmy. There will be some surprises for him down the road

#17634 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

no one has patience anymore in this instant gratification world we now live in.

yup, this is merely phase 1 of a multiple phase set of litigation yet to come.

The pain of the US justice system is how slow it goes on.
The beauty of the US justice system is that it can exert a certain amount of pain and suffering due to its pace.

I will remind every one od the story as it stands from a court perspective:
1. Attempt to have criminal charges deined originally due to lack of evidence/ bandwidth for detectives to go after Kuleck
2. Civil cases started (Enaud wins his own case; multiple others hire lawyer to represent them and things go very well through discovery)
3. Kuleck claims bankruptcy which end up being a windfall for everyone else. The state then takes up the case via trustee that hires special lawyer familiar with the civil matters. Civil matter put on hold while banruptcy proceeds.
4. Bankruptcy finds that Kulek will forever owe ALL debts. HUGE WIN! Trustee goes on to use discovery and try and find the money. Again a nice thing to have the state use resources to go after the funds.
5. Many funds are found. Many settlements from people paid money from Kuleck which they now are on the hook for to the trustee/state. Some funds still in court and waiting conclusion. Happily the Kuleck house proves to be more money owed and gets the wife on the hook. Mama K determined to have a non-recoverable asset and dropped (old lady is pathetic and provided some quality entertainment along the way). Fife shown to be more os a scumbag and will get caught up in multiple stories told in court record at a later time, even though bankruptcy court did not have evidence needed to force recovery of games he has. (bonus that he had to spent even more money to hire representation; wonder if he learned a lesson for getting invloved?)
6. After bankruptcy is over then civil cases can resume.
7. Bonus chapter... during the depositions and questionings in bankruptcy, MANY criminal actions were both uncovered and admitted to on the record. This will likely provide ample foder to push for criminal charges in the future (no need for those now as there is still civil court)
8. Extra bonus... IRS reporting issues uncovered and always a nice ace up the sleeve to use at a later date.

We are seriously in the early phase of all this based on the US court system. I plan to keep on this for years and through all the steps. It costs me little, I am potted in at thsi point, and I like to ensure this whoel family has less ability to scam others in the future.

Quoted from frolic:

Wasn't the house value claimed by the trustee? The house payment was one of the most traceable and most egregious usages of the skit-b money and at least that got clawed back.

plus money to Paul which I beleive we are still waiting on conclusion.

#17638 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

so, here's a question. who's is this actually? (I'm not going to cast any stones just yet)
but if who owns this is actually who I think it is, shouldn't the rest of you should be shouting "WTF"?
madison.craigslist.org link

it appears to be someone attempting to troll me in my hunt for a star light pf. Feel free to flag it to remove. Pretty cowardly thing (all beit slightly amusing to the 12 year old in all of us)

1 week later
#17652 6 years ago

I had never thought about taking this as a loss. I have a small business since I have games on route. I am going to ask my accountant this year what I can legally do.

#17655 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Is it just me or does writing this off as a "loss" on your taxes seem not right?
John

gonna talk with my accountant and see what the IRS would think. It they will allow it, then seems right to me.

I never even tiptoe on the line, but if it is allowed then sure as hell will take the loss. (I assume if I ever recover a penny then I would need to claim that also?)

#17663 6 years ago

looks like someone else made a write off this year...

Single Witch (resized).JPGSingle Witch (resized).JPG

#17706 6 years ago

I always liked RC! Good stuff!

#17774 6 years ago

Lol, that is hilarious... what are the details of this counter claim?

I can't believe he is so dumb that he let his lawyer talk him into a counter suit.
What could he possibly claim? No libel or slander since he does not have a business and the lawyer never even said squat about him.

Gotta love that he is going to end up causing himself to pay even more money due to his ego.

That predator is starting to add up. he apparently claimed to have bought it for eight thousand, probably spent another five on the original lawyer and now is going to rack up a few more on a silly counter claim.

Lol. Keeps getting better...

#17777 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol, that is hilarious... what are the details of this counter claim?
I can't believe he is so dumb that he let his lawyer talk him into a counter suit.
What could he possibly claim? No libel or slander since he does not have a business and the lawyer never even said squat about him.
Gotta love that he is going to end up causing himself to pay even more money due to his ego.
That predator is starting to add up. he apparently claimed to have bought it for eight thousand, probably spent another five on the original lawyer and now is going to rack up a few more on a silly counter claim.
Lol. Keeps getting better...

Updated to remove legal language for ya

Of course it is just my opinion that tim is a moron with an ego.
I would actually like to meet him in real life someday. He seems to have little mans complex; wondered if he matches the physical stature of his behavior...

4 weeks later
#17791 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Where is Keith??

not posting on pinside...

Things are still happening, just at the typical snails pace of the legal system.

Biggest thing I would like to hear about it the money that Amanda owes the trustee for the house. I thought she had to come up with the cash by now?

3 weeks later
#17813 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

OMG, these puns are terrible; but I love it!

arrrrgggghhhh they have me so frustrated

#17815 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If that isn't him, it's his twin. Right down to the hat.

sure... we all still remember when you claimed he was on top of a crane and committing suicide just to stir the BS pot...
same shit different day with you

#17819 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

At least what I said didn't cost anyone here hundreds or thousands of dollars.

take some ownership for your actions. I have numerous times despite your inability to acknowledge it.

2 weeks later
#17875 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's a fun exercise you guys could work on. "Where did the money go?"
It wasn't a million, more like 500k. So...
120k+ to cabinet guys.
50-75k likely to Mythbusters.
30k house
10-20k for all the completed sculpts
2k x however many cab and PF sets he had (6-10 was the rumor)
Plus what else?

my math puts it at around $350 to 375k taken in. Seeing the creditors list and knowing that many only paid a portion in I est avg at 2k paid per person and around 175 total people listed (off top of my head)

best guesses (these are just guesses) on where the money went >>
-120k to virtuapin
-50k to house and fix ups
-20k to back alley
-30k to payments to his buddies that worked for him
-30k to parts and actual development
-60-100k locked up and paypal took

I would guess the final 25-65k was spent on life expenses and to start up his rumored route business.

The reason the trustee choose to go after virtuapin and the house is those were the largest amounts of likely recoverable assets.

2 months later
#17980 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

No updates from Keith either via email or regular mail in I don't know how many months, close to a year I'm guessing.
Seems over with to me.

John

until things are settled with the bankruptcy, your case (like the other 17? that signed on) is on hold. Once everything completes with that, then collection can start back up and more pain for those that have to pay/waste time in court/etc...

It is only over if you want out and decide to walk away from it all.

I personally will make sure this follows Kevin for the rest of his life. I personally hope he gets his act together and finds a real job someday. Even 1 dollar per paycheck would be a nice reminder. if he doesn't then it will continue to haunt him.

#17983 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You have to have a judgement against him first.

he already does.

2 months later
#17999 5 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Guys, be on the lookout for a letter. I got one from the bankruptcy courts today with an update. I am not home to be able to post it, but assumed the new postings would be about it. If nobody posts before I can get back home, I will post.

"The trustee has recovered assets"

#18008 5 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Just got the 'letter' this morning, seems like progress to me.

still a long way to go!

but any recovery is good stuff!

also a reminder that this is all long from over for those that care to continue the good fight.

#18017 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Is Keith going to email us? Should we be posting about this case in public..?

very unlikely. from how I understand it all >>>

Kieth works for the trustee currently.

Anyone that hired Keith for a civil suit; those have been put on hold while the state (i.e. trustee, which hired Keith due to his previous knowledge/expertise with the case) does all the bankruptcy proceedings. Currently the trustee has recovered some assets (and I am guessing some more to come) and they have requested proof (you may have done this once before for the civil cases but in a different manner) of what each person is owed.

As some point presumably the trustee will send out a portion (likely small based on what they recover/ the number owed) of the money to those that are owed. At this point I am guessing some of the ancillary characters in the plot have paid what they settled with the bankruptcy court to do. Over time, the hired hands get paid out and then what is left gets split between all of the people that have proven their debt.

After the bankruptcy is finally closed by the state, THEN the civil suits can start back up. Luckily via the bankruptcy most of the leg work should already be done.
Post civil suit, you could then go after the SkitB clan to attempt recovery. I personally plan to go the full route with this and assume I will be eventually garishing wages .10 at a time, but man will those checks feel good

1 week later
#18025 5 years ago

We are just in bankruptcy proceedings still. If you think this is done for your buddy Paul, then LOL.

#18029 5 years ago

pretty disgusting how much you defend these guys mrBally.

You seem happy that multiple MIchiganders ran off with hundreds of thousands of dollars? Why?
Is it just because they are your friends so can do no wrong?

#18031 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Maybe in your little mind I'm disgusting.
A well educated Federal Judge determined that there was no case whereas you claimed there was $120K in particular that could be recovered. You are the disgusting one who rounds up others and their money in hopes to benefit yourself.
Not just for legal cases, but pinball machine pre orders to gain machines first, phony friendships to get information, phony inquiries aboot parts in an attempt to gain information and even supplying phone numbers to attorneys to let them borderline harass others. All leading to dead ends.
I tried to warn others that there was no way to recover funds that simply are gone. Don't throw good money at bad money.
Disclosure, I have never spoken to Kevin in my life. Only saw him at a pinball show giving a seminar that I walked out of after listening for a few minutes. None of his crew are friends or acquaintances.

Quoted for posterity

#18036 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I seem to remember someone defending Andrew Heighway like they were bff's while he stole a shit ton of $$

You may want to go reread that history if you think that is true. I have been very clear on my stance concerning any preorder pinball since learning my lesson with this debacle.

Your insinuation that I was even remotely involved with Andrew is silly.

SkitB, yup I Fed up. I believed lies and regurgitated them. I have appologized and continue to take ownership of those faults. i have also been a person behind the scenes to gather lots of info and do lots of legwork to make sure those that were taken advantage of have the best shot at recovering funds that are available.

To be clear, while MrBally and a few other people are happy with some of the ways other MI people have alegedly hidden machines, illegeally dispersed assests, and even blown cash, and they would like all this to just die and go away... the legal process is long, arduous, and drawn out. Since Bankruptcy proceedings are still ongoing, all civil cases are on hold. Once bankruptcy is done then things can get back to work in the civil matters. after civil matters comes recovery and of course some of this is already locked in for life and there will be the opportunity to garnish wages. Don't be fooled by those that want this to all go away so certain roads never get followed... federal court differs from civil and of course differs from criminal. We are merely in the first chapter of the US legal process for those that choose to follow it.

I have no problem throwing good money after bad as a matter of principle. I don't plan for or expect to have any money ever come back to me, but then again the trustee has already recovered some funds so for those willing to take the time and secure your debt are likely getting something back . That already is a huge win in my book!

#18038 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Could someone explain what this means?

It means that in the federal bankruptcy court it is dimissed permenantly.

You can look more into the details and horse trading that went on around this specific case, but simply put things are far from over for any of this.

1 month later
#18105 5 years ago

seems like a lot of lawyer speak and all how this system works. Guessing someone spent quite a bit of money on a lawyer and is trying to get some of that back???

1 month later
#18120 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bankruptcy proceedings are about distributing money, not criminally punishing the debtor. Kevin's not going to jail because of Predator.
On the other hand, if you're expressing amazement that this imbecile has somehow managed not to get himself arrested for whatever harebrained schemes he's probably been engaged in since Predator collapsed, that does seem somewhat incredible.

I dont think anyone was inferring that bankruptcy would result in him being criminally prosecuted...
However, you are silly if you think the criminal side of things are behind Mr. Kuleck

I am pretty sure once everything is finally done with bankruptcy, then civil suits can resume (there has been a stay enacted once bankruptcy was filed), and the possibility for criminal is still on the table.

#18122 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

of course...

much of this will be out of our hands and depend on what the state opts to do.

However, some of the things discovered during bankruptcy proceedings may help change the mind of the DA in regards to criminal proceedings.

As Mr Bally so astutely notes, the wheels of the courts and states turn slowly. Luckily, they also never stop moving.

1 month later
#18144 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Anyone hear anything new? I mean, I know it's over with as far as anything happening to Kevin, his family or getting any money back but what about Keith? He's seemed to drop off the face of the earth as I've not heard anything from him in like two years I think.
John

Call your lawyer if you want info on your case ( I think you hired him also, correct?).

Bankruptcy stuff should be coming to conclusion soon last I checked. I am not sure why you keep thinking things are over? Court found that all the money he stole is on him for life, court found others on the hook also, and court even recovered some funds... if you were owed and have filed proof of your claim then you should be all good and now just sitting and waiting till civil cases can pick back up. Then collection. Whom knows, criminal is still out there and often starts back up now that the state has discovered so much during the bankruptcy.

2 weeks later
#18158 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

So whats the story on this game as far as who had it?
John

first time I have seen you troll John...

#18164 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Are you inferring that John knows the story of this machine already? I take that as a genuine question.

unless he lives completely under a rock, I am not sure how he doesn't know the exact story of this game??? My Bad if you don't really know John. I assumed you did since you typically do.

John is normally very tapped in to all things pinball and MI.

From what I understand this is the game that PinChili bought from Mike Magari(sp?) which was supposedly on 'loan' from Kevin for research purposes so he could decode it to make his breaking bad machine. That is the general convoluted story.

Pinchili recently traded the game for a POTCLE? and that person then sold it to Doc. Based on the video is sounds like they sold it as a 1 of 1 but in reality it is a 1:3 or 1:4.

I am very happy that this game will finally be in public for other to play! When they open I will be sure to swing by and be happy to get free entry to check it out.

#18166 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Hope they have a good disguise then, galloping ghost has more cameras than a casino.

I hope nobody does anything to Docs game. He bought it and is putting it in public for people to beat on. The is the first good thing to come from the shitty adventure!

Finally someone legally has the game and is sharing it with the public. Huge thanks to Doc!

#18188 5 years ago

maybe "legally" was not the right word to use. In the eye of the license holder I am sure it is still not legal as this is not merely a fan 1-off but was a produced and sold/traded product.

It is such a convoluted and obviously complete lie by 1 or multiple people involved as stories did not match and changed a few times (I personally believe they are all lying and were likely given the story to tell or stumbled upon the legal loophole), but essentially the courts ruled that since it was originally loaned/traded to one person and then "loaned" or "traded" to a second that it was not a recoverable asset from that second person, pinchili. I am guessing that by now establishing a public value of the game (the value of a POTCLE in trade) it may help the bankruptcy trust to set a value that is recoverable from the original transfer? Just a guess, but the bankruptcy stuff is still going on with both trying to find people that had illegal transfer of assets and then of course the recovery of those assets or the value of the assets.

Post Pinchili trading the game, it apparently then was sold directly to Doc.

This game went Kevin > Mike(traded/purchased/on loan depending on whom you believe in their testimony) > Pinchili(traded/purchased/on loan depending on whom you believe and some changed their story pretty dramatically after getting legal counsel) > Troy (trader for a POTCLE per public posts) > Doc (purchased outright for an undisclosed amount of money per his video, but Troy does this business for a living and with a rare game like this I would assume at least 15k; I know of offers of 20 and 22k from other collectors that want one).

I think we can all take some small amount of solace that the community at large knows the real character of many of those in the original transfer/loan/trade/whatever they want to call it, and also that some of them needed to pay for lawyers and likely well in excess of what the value of the machine was once sold/traded/etc...

It is important for those in this for the long haul that everything Kevin stole will not be forgiven in the bankruptcy (they have already ruled on that), multiple people have been found to have illegal transfer of goods/assets, some have already had that recovered, and some the trustee is still working on recovery. After Bankruptcy is finally over, then people can start working on civil cases again and you never know but you may also be able to get criminal charges filed (time has passed and we are post another election cycle since this all started; plus the criminal side often lets the state bankruptcy and civil side do the dirty work of discovery to make things easier on them). This thing is going to continue to follow many of these characters for a long long time.

#18191 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

my understanding is that Keith (trustee/lawyer etc) tried to sue Tim Fife over the machine, and lost badly. As part of the loss Keith had to pay Tim Fife's lawyer fees and then some. Which gave Tim the idea of a "legal" machine, since it went through the legal ramblings, and was found to in fact to be Tim's game (in a legal sense). I guess that's how it's a 'legal' machine. And then Tim did the public Facebook sale/trade, knowing there was no harm that could come to him.

it sounds like your understanding is the pinChili version? You may want to fact check your details on that one...

Did he let you download his Predator code version before selling the game?

#18193 5 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Kevin’s bankruptcy case is completely over. That is now settled. I’m kind of amazed nobody seems to know that. Or it could be that denial thing again

good to know it is closed out. I knew they were trying to finish up a few things at the end of last year.
Looks like the fun can start back up now for civil and recovery

When is your next VFW show Clay? Any chance you will finally put your Predator out on display now that it is safe?
Would be great to have 2 out of the 4 on display for the public to play! Also seems like the right thing to do IMHO.

#18198 5 years ago

I don't think you understand. To some, principles mean much more than money. That and it can be entertaining to make sure you keep squeezing.

1 year later
#18324 3 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Just wondering if the Kulek house was taken out in the flood again. Ill be exploring the riverside looking for predator parts.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/midland-disaster-flooding?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3yn66XwUFM_g5urSz0law1ZHmJJZn1GavKEe9pApcz4jVETU4sPUtrgKg

Appears so. F this B and her money grubbing ways.

Karma. Lol

#18334 3 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I almost want to donate a $1 just so I can make some dick Pedator comment

worth it! please share if you do! I think many of us could use a laugh!

Quoted from vdojaq:

This is her?!?! 100%?

yes, confirmed, 100%

#18338 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I agree, but karma has gotten her good. Now it needs to find Kevin.

it will find him

#18355 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the actual amount that Kevin took in on these projects was somewhere in the $200,000 range, but can't really recall now. Anyone know where Kevin is these days or what he is doing?

bank statements show differently

no idea on Kevin, but I spoke to federal agent about 2 months ago and it sounds like he came back on their radar and they were ISO.

As I understood, he likely had a side piece and additional mouths to feed in OH?, or somewhere else he is likely hiding out.
Still things happening behind the scenes to make sure he is either forced to hide for good or come clean and eventually pay things back.

2 weeks later
#18370 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He's doing quite well according to facebook. If you don't have an account, set one up with a burner email and then just delete. Otherwise you'll always wonder what kind of car(s) he's buying with your (and the taxpayer's) money.

Added 93 days ago: I am retracting the above post.

is this how a retraction works?

I thought to retract you typically need to eat crow and admit you are wrong along with the statement?

Making claims like this are probably not the smartest idea when talking about a lawyer... esp one that obviously donated lots of time to chase this for the assistance of many in the community.

If what you say is true, then there is no way I will continue to use him in the civil case. No way I am going to use a lawyer that based on your claims just ran off with the money. Anyone in MI have suggestions of other lawyers to hire to take back up the civil case (they can now start back up since the stay is lifted).

#18376 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But you still can't get blood from stone.

sometimes squeezing is just as important...

#18380 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not trying to be a smart ass as I have been following since day one and you guys need to made whole, but do you feel the squeezing has produced any results so far?

100%

A few people that gained actual money had judgments made against them in the bankruptcy and had to pay the money back.
Court found that the money taken by Kevin could not be forgotten forever as part of the bankruptcy so it is open for judgement and civil action.
Definitely forced money to be held/hidden by those that got it, so it inconvenienced them.
Seems to have caused additional stress to many that benefited from their ill gotten funds.
Caused those that bought games, parts, etc... post shit hit the fan stage to keep them in hiding rather than feed their egos over their spoils.
In effect it got the one full production game out of Tim Fife's hands and into the public where it can be seen and preserved.
It also has led to civil action, pause for bankruptcy, and now more interest from the criminal side. I think there is a good shot that the lack of taxes paid which came from discovery proceedings of bankruptcy will end up being the real thing to land some in jail for longer stints.

I actually feel really good about the squeeze thus far and there is more to come

587 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 3 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/3?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.