Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 366.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Perhaps the "2 weeks" are intended to allow Kevin time to fly to Sony's office to negotiate (or renegotiate) the licensing agreement? Only the insiders know for sure, and they ain't talking.

Then tell us that, this is what is becoming unbearable for me, as stated many times we are a forgiving bunch when it comes to a pin we all want so if that email said I'm going to try and solidify the licence and progress further into manufacturing then isn't it better to let your pre-ordered faithful supporters in on the mission? Doesn't make any sense to keep us in the dark with vague reasoning and read between the lines messages. As of now I have no idea what is going on and it sucks.

#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That Sony is one aggressive company! They even go after people who violate *other* studios licenses!

Bwhahaha. Nice.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I took it the other way. He specifically stated he had credible info from several unrelated sources going all the way back to expo. Human nature dictates his conjecture portion of the podcast would have been slanted towards a license issue. He even dwelled on a possible scenario where the license was never acquired. He went over and over the license issue. That to mean speaks volumes of what he was really wanting to say. Just my interpretation though. ::shrug::

Given things that I've heard that's my informed assumption also. Frankly what I've heard goes back long before Expo, even before all the videos were pulled etc. I didn't pay it too much attention at the time since I wasn't in on the game, and things were still public and "smooth" so to speak. But looking back it makes me wonder.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Given things that I've heard that's my informed assumption also. Frankly what I've heard goes back long before Expo, even before all the videos were pulled etc. I didn't pay it too much attention at the time since I wasn't in on the game, and things were still public and "smooth" so to speak. But looking back it makes me wonder.

Gah, I wish I would have finished editing my monstrosity of a post. I look like I'm drunk posting and I haven't had a drop, lol.

#1805 4 years ago

Wtf, duplicate post. I'm revoking my posting privileges for one hour.

#1806 4 years ago

I too requested my deposit refunded shortly after the 2 recent emails. Haven't gotten any reply or acknowledgement of my mail, but that appears to be quite normal.

Hopefully I'll get everything back...I loved the concept/game but not so much all the secrecy towards the buyers. There are many other options to spend that money on for immediate gratification.

#1807 4 years ago

WoW! C2C podcast was great and Nate really fills in the dots on a number of points.

#1808 4 years ago

after listening to the podcast.

i was thinking the same thing as one of the possibility.
maybe there was never license, thinking only 250 games won't get noticed.
or if they have one and now they have issues with the contract, why not let the buyers know.

in any case, whatever the problem is... Transparency is the right word.

#1809 4 years ago

If there was never a license, then why did the cabinet production guy post pics of the Predator cabinets and state he wouldn't do business w/out a Predator license contract that he already saw himself? Can't find the cabinet manufacters past posts, but I know its in this whirlwind Predator thread somewhere.

#1810 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

If there was never a license, then why did the cabinet production guy post pics of the Predator cabinets and state he wouldn't do business w/out a Predator license contract that he already saw himself? Can't find the cabinet manufacters past posts, but I know its in this Whirlwind Predator thread somewhere.

Yeah, he was pretty black and white about it. I'd love to hear what exactly made him so confident.

#1811 4 years ago

did matt from Back Alley Creations new something about the license? he made quite a few skulls for skitb.

on the other hand, no one needs a license to make skulls or cabinets.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What I don't totally understand is....when you make up a playfield, backglass, toys, etc...you show a license. I went to Staples to get one of my scripts copied. They wouldn't do it until I proved I had the rights!
Did EVERYONE just make up this stuff on his word??

When he introduced his roughed in prototype at the Michigan Expo nearly 3 years ago I asked him specifically if he had and problems with the licensing and if it was expensive. He said "it was no problem at all" and added that he already had the rights and it cost him $150. That was when I made up my mind to never get involved with this project at any price. I walked away muttering to myself "no way does he have the rights".

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

he already had the rights and it cost him $150.

You know, seeing how low budget the entire process was, I always wondered where they would have gotten $50k or whatever for the license.

That $150 number makes a lot of sense now. I look forward to hearing the story behind it.

#1814 4 years ago

When he introduced his roughed in prototype at the Michigan Expo nearly 3 years ago I asked him specifically if he had and problems with the licensing and if it was expensive. He said "it was no problem at all" and added that he already had the rights and it cost him $150. That was when I made up my mind to never get involved with this project at any price. I walked away muttering to myself "no way does he have the rights".

$150 Arnold probably charges that for an autograph.

#1815 4 years ago

You'd think they were making it in Russia, how those MP3 sites charge 3 cents a song because their copyright laws are non-existant there.

#1816 4 years ago

Get em to the choppa!!!!!!

#1817 4 years ago

He did not specify if that was per game or not and I did not ask. I was more shocked that he said it was "no problem". When I asked him about their restrictions he said he had none except that they wanted it to be a quality job.

#1818 4 years ago

so that's $37,500 to built 250 machine, including awnold face, the songs, the name predator, and what else... does that seems right?

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Could you identify yourself for the masses kind sir...

Then this is not for real?

Quoted from NoahFentz:Paul Maletich
President - VirtuaPin Cabinets, Inc.
http://virtuapin.net

So then this is BS?

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

...or this

#1821 4 years ago

Look even with restrictions Kevin's lawyer could write up a proper letter that includes everything that can be discussed and explain in more detail what is happening. I doubt Kevin is under a gag order to reveal what is transpiring with the license, time frames for building games, severity of outside influences jeopardizing production and why refunds are not processed in a timely manner. The Predator and all the best Arnold films are a big part of my youth spanning well over a decade and others in my age group (40) know what I'm saying, I can't hear 2 weeks without thinking Total Recall, Let off some steam Bennett, Get ur ass to mars, terminator, Running man even "Hello this is Vincents car may I help you please". I have such a strong attachment to this theme and it being part of a pinball machine which is also sacred filled me with a lot of emotion and happiness, its special and Kevin should know that it means a lot to many pinheads, all we ask at this point is a little more transparency. Sorry but I'm considering backing out and I don't want to, I'm just getting tired.

untitled.png

#1822 4 years ago

In Nate's Podcast, he seemed to wonder where Skit-B came up with the number of 250 machines, but if you look back to when they spoke at Expo 2012 (http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2012/):

"They said they managed to get the licence from 20th Century Fox simply by making phone calls and settled on the number of machines to make of 250 based on the minimum number required by the licensor."

Brad

#1823 4 years ago

At the time I thought he meant $150 total. Not knowing anything about licensing costs I just blew it off, but as said I was just more shocked that he said he had no restrictions on what he could do with the license and that he had no problem getting it.

#1824 4 years ago

I have requested a full refund (I paid in full a long time ago) based on personal reasons and have heard nothing. I'm now very concerned.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!

Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Thank you.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Then this is not for real?

So then this is BS?

Ok, but does anyone else find irony that the one guy who's vouching for Kevin having a proper license primary business is building virtual pinball cabinets whose purpose is to load them with downloaded pinball ROMS thus violating copywrite license.

Full disclosure: I'm also guilty of this and I think virtuapins products are pure awesome- but I just found a bit of irony

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Ok, but does anyone else find irony that the one guy who's vouching for Kevin having a proper license primary business is building virtual pinball cabinets whose purpose is to load them with downloaded pinball ROMS thus violating copywrite license.

I do find that funny personally. But to be fair he's always been good about respecting the manufacturer's wishes, like not allowing SAM games on his forum.

#1828 4 years ago

Anyone on the wait list jumping in? According to this forum there's a lot of people jumping out [or trying to].
If it ever does get made, it might turn out to have the most folklore of any pinball in history.

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I wonder how happy/angry everyone would be if Kevin divided whatever amount of cash remains, evenly among all the buyers.
Say you were each out $500-$1000.
Wouldn't that be ok given the current events?
Crappy, but not a complete train-wreck or worst case scenario.

Um considering some of us are paid in full, I think not.

#1832 4 years ago

double post again.

Edit: Nope, post is now gone altogether.

What is going on with the forum?

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Anyone on the wait list jumping in?

Can you even find anyone on the wait list? I don't think it exists.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

In Nate's Podcast, he seemed to wonder where Skit-B came up with the number of 250 machines, but if you look back to when they spoke at Expo 2012 (http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2012/):
"They said they managed to get the licence from 20th Century Fox simply by making phone calls and settled on the number of machines to make of 250 based on the minimum number required by the licensor."
Brad

To be fair he said he couldn't remember how 250 was selected but found the number to be odd. He did seem to dwell on the 250 for a tick.

#1835 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Can you even find anyone on the wait list? I don't think it exists.

giphy.gif

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Kevin has mentioned numerous times about their special arrangement with PayPal. That being said, I wonder if it would be easier to just contact PayPal and request a refund that way?

I did this and PayPal said not interested as its over 180 days!

#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Skit b newsletter #01
" I say this kind of stuff all the time, but there's one company that deserves a huge "plug" that doesn't come up very often but is at the heart of everything we do and how it relates to you all, and that is PayPal. I know, I know, now I'm essentially giving a plug for the bank, but I promise it is relative (again, especially if you hadn't caught up with us on the forums a few weeks ago). While we're on the unfortunate subject of potentially unethical opportunities, I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone that your investments are safe. Through the conventions that we've worked through with PayPal, not only do you get the inherent internet benefit of buying pinball in your underwear (raise your hand if you've bought pinball in your underwear before the internet...anyone?), but it comes with monumental security benefits that guarantee that, no matter what happens, your investment is never at any kind of risk. They're taking a big risk on us that they never had to take, and for that they deserve some sincere appreciation."

Sniff sniff is tha BS?

Would PayPal really 'get into bed' with a start up like Skit B who have no history.

BS.jpg
#1838 4 years ago

The thing I never understood is how they could get away with being classified as a non-profit, it just didn't make sense to me.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This is going to make a good documentary film...

And you're the man that can bring it to fruition.

#1840 4 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

And you're the man that can bring it to fruition.

taking pre-orders

#1841 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sniff sniff is tha BS?
Would PayPal really 'get into bed' with a start up like Skit B who have no history.

BS.jpg

For 3% of a million bucks sure they would!

I know Chuck uses them it's the best rate a small business can get on CC purchases.

#1842 4 years ago

I bailed out on the preorder after Skit-b changed the payment plan, while it seemed to make sence why it was necessary, something just didn't feel right to me so I got a refund and kept my mouth shut as to not stir the pot and fuel any negativity as many people were jumping ship for various reasons, but after hearing what pinball arcade went through to get a licence for Addams Family, and listening to the (pinball) podcast there's no doubt in my mind that something is wrong with the Predator licence. I believe Skit-b are not trying to con anyone and think they had some kind of license at the beginning that had expired at some point, just wish Kevin would say something less vauge, man it kills me to see this game two years ago and playing the whitewood at the Mpe and then seeing it last year at the same show looking like a finished game, and almost another year has gone buy and there's still not a picture of a finished machine.

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

spfxted said:Take it for what it's worth...he told me there were 10 machines being made with 3 done or almost done...
This is going to make a good documentary film...

He told me in a mail over two weeks ago that they were "currently assembling up through 18". Did he mention that number in the recent phonecall you had with him?

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Sniff sniff is tha BS?

BS.jpg

I can summarize this project in a nutshell. Note: I'm just from the outside looking in.

As Ben said and anyone with an ounce of sense knows it does not cost $1,000,000 to build a prototype or design a pinball machine. Raise your hands if you think Kevin had $1M in his pocket anytime in his life. Or if the developers of WOOLY had access to $1M. Totally ludicrous for anyone to throw out such a sum of money for Predator. I'm not saying a game like WoZ or AcDc were cheap, they might have cost that or more. But we are not talking WOZ or AcDc. We are talking Predator, let's put that notion to bed, as Ben said $50k (if that) as Kevin likely was working with a small budget. Much like a movie can be made for under $1M

Point two, Kevin said he needed $750K to begin assembling machines starting 7-8 months ago that's when he needed the money.

Point three, Kevin did not start building the machines 7-8 months ago, now he says he has the money in a safe place.

My point why in the first place did Kevin need $750,000 if he was not building machines all these months? If the money needs to be kept in a safe place for when the machines are to build in the future, why did he need to collect so much money? No place safer than in my bank account, and it would force Kevin to make progress or show results for him to collect more.

#1845 4 years ago

Please see my new poll i have started for those in on Predator. I'm curious with so much talk of those that have jumped ship, and those that want their money back or those that are really still in on the game.

Lets see where this pre-order stands. This may show why those that have requested a refund aren't getting a response. Im concerned funds may be gone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand

#1846 4 years ago

From the looks of it, he did not order 250 parts of everything. Well, except skulls. We saw a big box of those. Everything else we've seen has been 10 machines. 10 playfields, 10 cabinets, 10 sets of plastics.

#1847 4 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

He told me in a mail over two weeks ago that they were "currently assembling up through 18". Did he mention that number in the recent phonecall you had with him?

I think he said first 10 were in production with 3 almost finished.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From the looks of it, he did not order 250 parts of everything. Well, except skulls. We saw a big box of those. Everything else we've seen has been 10 machines. 10 playfields, 10 cabinets, 10 sets of plastics.

General Hopper ate up all the funds.

General Hopper.jpg

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

General Hopper ate up all the funds.
General Hopper.jpg

I hope Matt has already been paid for his production.

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Please see my new poll i have started for those in on Predator. I'm curious with so much talk of those that have jumped ship, and those that want their money back or those that are really still in on the game.
Lets see where this pre-order stands. This may show why those that have requested a refund aren't getting a response. Im concerned funds may be gone.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand

Its a good idea, but I suspect the intent of your poll will be hijacked by folks that want to make it more of a referendum on Kevin/SkitB

Can you make a poll that ISNT anonymous?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 13.00
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 8.99
Lighting - Other
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 5.00
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside