Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 370.
#18402 3 years ago

All the recent posts inspired me to check on the status of the bankruptcy case alerts I have running on Bloomberg Law to confirm the status of the various KULEK and KULEK-RELATED (e.g., VirtuaPin's CNC Machine, Tim Fife's Predator pin, etc.) proceedings (which I believed to be CLOSED).

All of the bankruptcy proceedings (of which I am aware) are CLOSED.

I'm not aware of any other (civil or criminal) proceedings.

However, if there are any (now or in the future), the dockets for federal proceedings will be easy to get. For state proceedings, online access not only varies from one state to the next, but even from county to county within the same state.

In my next post, I will list all the case info on the cases I was tracking. This info has already appeared throughout this thread, but I am reproducing it so that people can see it all in one place.

#18403 3 years ago

Frank v. Droomer, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02016 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Feb 14, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Feb 14, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
Recovery of money/property - 548 fraudulent transfer
Other (e.g. other actions that would have been brought in state court if unrelated to bankruptcy)
DEMAND $10000
ASSIGNED TO Judge Daniel S. Opperman.BayCity
DATE TERMINATED 2017-09-08
DATE DISMISSED 09/08/17
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7
RELATED TITLE Kevin W Kulek

Frank v. Klumpp, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02018 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Feb 14, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Feb 14, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
Other (e.g. other actions that would have been brought in state court if unrelated to bankruptcy)
DEMAND $10000
DATE TERMINATED 2017-12-14
DATE DISMISSED 12/14/17
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Frank v. Kulek, Docket No. 1:16-ap-02073 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Sep 16, 2016), Court Docket

DATE FILED Sep 16, 16
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
DEMAND $148000
DATE TERMINATED 2018-05-31
DATE DISMISSED 05/31/18
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Frank v. Kulek, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02000 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Jan 02, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Jan 2, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 12
Recovery of money/property - 547 preference
DEMAND $40000
DATE TERMINATED 2017-10-27
DATE DISMISSED 10/27/17
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Frank v. Maletich et al, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02002 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Jan 02, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Jan 2, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 11
Recovery of money/property - 542 turnover of property
DEMAND $131000
DATE TERMINATED 2018-08-03
DATE DISMISSED 08/02/18
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7
Date Reinstated/Reopened: 04/07/17

Frank v. Pinfield-Wells, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02014 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Feb 14, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Feb 14, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
DEMAND $25000
DATE TERMINATED 2017-10-03
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Frank v. Piornack, II, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02013 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Feb 14, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Feb 14, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
DEMAND $24000
DATE TERMINATED 2018-01-22
DATE DISMISSED 01/22/18
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Frank v. Truckel, Docket No. 1:17-ap-02003 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Jan 02, 2017), Court Docket

DATE FILED Jan 2, 17
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 13
DEMAND $8000
DATE TERMINATED 2017-02-21
LEAD CASE 16-21030
RELATED CHAPTER 7

Kevin W Kulek, Docket No. 1:16-bk-21030 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Jun 03, 2016), Court Docket

DATE FILED Jun 3, 2016
STATUS Closed
DATE TERMINATED 2019-12-10
DATE REOPENED 02/15/2019
Chapter 7
Voluntary
No asset
Claims Register
Debtor disposition: Discharge Denied
341 meeting: 09/13/2016
Deadline for filing claims: 10/23/2018
Deadline for objecting to discharge: 03/12/2017
Deadline for financial mgmt. course: 09/12/2016

Kulek, Docket No. 1:18-cv-11509 (E.D. Mich. May 14, 2018), Court Docket

DATE FILED May 14, 2018
STATUS Closed
NATURE OF SUIT 422 Bankruptcy Appeal (801)
ASSIGNED TO District Judge Sean F. Cox
CASE IN OTHER COURT USBC-BC, 16-21030
CAUSE No cause code entered
DATE TERMINATED 2019-01-11
JURISDICTION Federal Question
JURY DEMAND None
REFERRED TO Magistrate Judge Patricia T. Morris

#18404 3 years ago

Once the proceedings started, has any money been recovered that has ended up in the hands of anyone that put down a deposit?

#18405 3 years ago

As far as the way things played out, I was surprised there was no recovery against Paul Maletich & VirtuaPin (especially since there was originally a default judgment against Maletich & VirtuaPin).

There could be many reasons for this, but here are my opinions as to the possibilities:

1. There were not actually grounds for recovery against Maletich & VirtuaPin.

2. There were grounds for recovery, but KeithinMI and/or the plaintiffs thought it wasn't worth it to continue to pursue the case once Maletich obtained effective representation.

3. The whole "defamation counterclaim" sideshow spooked Keith and/or the plaintiffs (even though I still think is was a BS claim and Keith ultimately would have prevailed). Agreeing to dismiss the case against Maletich & VirtuaPin seemed like a better option than the additional costs of discovery and litigation related to defeating the defamation counterclaim.

Anyway, at least Pinside got $100 out of me being wrong about the defamation counterclaim being dismissed. Note, this does not mean the defamation counterclaim was legit. However, the court was not be able to dismiss it without additional information:

"Put in the context of this adversary proceeding only, the Defendants' Counterclaim against the Plaintiff would fail. But there is more to this case than mere allegations in the Complaint. For some reason, the allegations made in the Complaint escaped the judicial or court setting and have now made their way into the general public.

The mere recitation of the four paragraphs complained of by the Defendants filed with this Court are not actionable on their own, but the publication to others beyond the normal course leaves this Court to conclude that the Defendants should be allowed limited inquiry as to how the allegations, as well as any comments regarding the allegations, were developed. The Court is also interested in learning about the individuals involved with the dissemination of this information outside of the normal court proceedings."

Frank v. Maletich (In re Kulek), No. 16-21030-dob, 2017 BL 446251 (Bankr. E.D. Mich. Dec. 11, 2017)

#18406 3 years ago

So in other words. stick a fork in it, it's done.

#18407 3 years ago

So Kulek blew through preorder money and the preorder folks got shafted?

Here's what I've learned over the years. People that don't have, and never built up, any sizeable amount of money, will NOT be able to handle a sudden influx of money.

They have zero idea how to manage it and no concept of how to effectively put it to work.

Based on what I read in this thread over the years, it was gross incompetence and a complete lack of experience on the part of SkitB.

#18408 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

So Kulek blew through preorder money and the preorder folks got shafted?

Short story yes.
I mean, some people think he has all the money in 2 big sacks with dollar signs on them but it's never been proven.

#18409 3 years ago

Seeing as how a million in hundreds fits nicely in a typical briefcase, the image of big sacks of money with dollar signs on them is pretty far from reality, current or past.

#18410 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Seeing as how a million in hundreds fits nicely in a typical briefcase...

Kulek walking around with a briefcase is even less believable.

#18411 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

People that don't have, and never built up, any sizeable amount of money, will NOT be able to handle a sudden influx of money.
They have zero idea how to manage it and no concept of how to effectively put it to work.

There’s some wisdom in those words. I’ve watched this scenario play out more times than I care to remember with family, friends, you name it. What makes it suck even worse is watching that freight train barreling down and being powerless to stop it. I’ve had to watch while people close to me blew through life changing amounts of money in a matter of months. Nothing could be said or done to change the course.

#18412 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is it a thing to mix good scotch with soda?
I haven’t found a cheap scotch I didn’t like meat as of yet, but if I’m micro-leasing a Lambo, I’m drinking Johnny Walker Blue and not diluting it with even ice.

I don't have the lambo tho..paired it with a seafood feast & beer ..no soda

20181223_161836 (resized).jpg20181223_161836 (resized).jpg
#18413 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I still think it's funny there's a place in Michigan called Pinconning. If there was ever a red flag proudly displayed on a sign.

I was driving thru central michigan and thought of this post.

20200619_181740 (resized).jpg20200619_181740 (resized).jpg

3 months later
#18414 3 years ago

How is Virtuapin and Paul still in business after all of this???

#18415 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

How is Virtuapin and Paul still in business after all of this???

Bad Lawyering?

1 month later
#18416 3 years ago

I thought the whole point of the Bankruptcy proceedings by pinsiders was to stop Kulick from declaring bankruptcy so the debts and claims etc. could not be absolved.
SO the court did or did not uphold Kulick's bankruptcy claim?

#18417 3 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I thought the whole point of the Bankruptcy proceedings by pinsiders was to stop Kulick from declaring bankruptcy so the debts and claims etc. could not be absolved.
SO the court did or did not uphold Kulick's bankruptcy claim?

I think they did say he couldn’t get out of these debts with a BK, but also good luck getting anything out of him. He is basically a ghost.

#18418 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think they did say he couldn’t get out of these debts with a BK, but also good luck getting anything out of him. He is basically a ghost.

Surprised he still has two functioning legs.

2 months later
#18419 3 years ago

Too late for the First 48, but Lt. Joe Kenda could probably get to the bottom of it. Or it will make a great Cold Case File 20 years from now.

2 weeks later
#18420 3 years ago

After watching "The Lady and the Dale", I figured to myself how this could happen again, and it did. Heh

#18421 3 years ago

Sorry if I am A bit late here and partially naive... what was Paul and Virtualpin involvement in this case? Only curious as I have ordered lots of product from him thank you.

#18422 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:Sorry if I am A bit late here and partially naive... what was Paul and Virtualpin involvement in this case? Only curious as I have ordered lots of product from him thank you.

His involved was making cabinets for the machines I believe.

#18423 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

His involved was making cabinets for the machines I believe.

If I recall, he was not only contracted to make the cabs but paid a large amount of money for them .. but they were never produced and theory? was that the money went to cnc machines and tools instead.. it came up in the case hearings a few times

#18424 3 years ago

My memory is a bit sketchy but didn't he also vouch for the Hollywood license agreement as being real?
Please correct me if it was someone else.

#18425 3 years ago

Yeah, wasn’t there some quote from him that he wouldn’t touch the project unless it was 100% legit.

#18426 3 years ago

Yes, Indeed

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Yeah, wasn’t there some quote from him that he wouldn’t touch the project unless it was 100% legit.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#18427 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My memory is a bit sketchy but didn't he also vouch for the Hollywood license agreement as being real?
Please correct me if it was someone else.

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

In his defense, he did explain that he was duped by Kevin and truly believed that the license was legit. Take that for what you will, but Paul has never really been a bad guy (except for a while in this thread) and continues to operate a well loved and legitimate business to this day.

#18428 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

In his defense, he did explain that he was duped by Kevin and truly believed that the license was legit. Take that for what you will, but Paul has never really been a bad guy (except for a while in this thread) and continues to operate a well loved and legitimate business to this day.

That was always my sense of the guy even as things went south. I'm glad he's doing well.

#18429 3 years ago

I remember there were a few usual picthforkers calling for his head and laughing at his imminent demise, then he counter sued the dream team and things changed.
I think

#18430 3 years ago

This thread was a favorite of mine a year after I joined Pinside. Couldn't believe guys were spending that kind of money on a pinball machine - let alone a game that some guy claimed to be making in his basement.

"Those fucking pinball forum guys are weird and easily scammed." My first impressions of many pinsiders. Still rings true today.

#18431 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Couldn't believe guys were spending that kind of money on a pinball machine - let alone a game that some guy claimed to be making in his basement.

I can, it was a different time (2013). Under $5k for a hot predator licensed pinball? Wizard of Oz was having issues getting off the ground (and had that crazy at the time $7k price tag). Stern was on the cusp of releasing metallica, but before then they were cranking out boring titles. If your a typical consumer you have no idea the grand scale difference between a couple one off prototypes and production quantities. I just hope everyone learned their lesson..
Deeproot: hold my beer

#18432 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I never thought he was purposely lying for Kevin. But I do think he should have done better due diligence before coming on a public forum and putting the weight of his business behind a project collecting pre order money. Hopefully he has learned.

#18433 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

This thread was a favorite of mine a year after I joined Pinside. Couldn't believe guys were spending that kind of money on a pinball machine - let alone a game that some guy claimed to be making in his basement.
"Those fucking pinball forum guys are weird and easily scammed." My first impressions of many pinsiders. Still rings true today.

See dr thread for people who are still doing this lol. Pinball people with $$$ are easily scammed. Thank god im not rich?? Lol

5 months later
#18434 2 years ago

Everyone finally give up? I consider my 3k a wash many many years ago.

#18435 2 years ago

Im sure somewhere Whysnow is still trying to convince someone that "Kevin will pay!"

#18436 2 years ago

I eventually got my refund from Paypal after continually dogging them. In the future I will use Amex.

#18437 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im sure somewhere Whysnow is still trying to convince someone that "Kevin will pay!"

Yeah, I read the Deeproot thread and guys post about Jpop and Robert Mueller going to jail for stealing money, then think of this fiasco. If KK can avoid jail for stealing, I'm sure Jpop and RM will be just fine. They'll have much better lawyers than KK.

#18438 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yeah, I read the Deeproot thread and guys post about Jpop and Robert Mueller going to jail for stealing money, then think of this fiasco. If KK can avoid jail for stealing, I'm sure Jpop and RM will be just fine. They'll have much better lawyers than KK.

Probably not jpop, but who knows with RM. If he has committed securities fraud or taken ppp loans that were not valid, he could be in some, well, deepshit.

#18439 2 years ago

Is he really still off the radar? I imagine him living in the woods, collecting coins from his rumored route games every week and then goes off to buy his next batch of canned soups.

#18440 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18441 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is he really still off the radar? I imagine him living in the woods, collecting coins from his rumored route games every week and then goes off to buy his next batch of canned soups.

Probably getting around fine making a decent living.

#18442 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I read it too and got several times while reading it some kind of „Dejavu“ and my loss in Predator (I preordered and paid 5 games) popped up again in my mind ;(
Only good thing for me was that the friends for which I ordered as well (3 games) are still my friends

#18443 2 years ago

This game always looked terrible. Sorry for those who lost their money.

I'm currently propping the new Predator movie shooting in Calgary.....maybe Stern will get on board one day for this title.

#18444 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I'm currently propping the new Predator movie shooting in Calgary.....maybe Stern will get on board one day for this title.

Jigs
What…new Predator movie? Is Arnold in it? PM me if you can.
B523D63C-D59E-4EDF-996B-26DE6434C7FE.gifB523D63C-D59E-4EDF-996B-26DE6434C7FE.gif

#18446 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Get to the choppa FFS! Maybe Spooky should license theme and build a pin.

1 month later
#18447 2 years ago

Does anyone know if I can contact kevin? I have a good reason. I know you guys wouldn't understand. But I just want to ask him a question.

#18448 2 years ago

Try us

#18449 2 years ago

Anyone know the latest on this case?

John

#18450 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Does anyone know if I can contact kevin? I have a good reason. I know you guys wouldn't understand. But I just want to ask him a question.

You going to a Halloween party as a pirate and need to ask him where he gets his sweet pirate outfits?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 369 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/369?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.