Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 370.
#18251 5 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I was in Estonia recently, where I paid to see a museum of torture devices. I'm not going to pretend that I "loved" the devices that were there, but it was fascinating, historical, and gave you perspective on what was happening in the days that stuff was used.
If I was in for a Predator, I would much rather any remaining prototypes be on display with those locations acknowledging the historical perspective to ensure that a future Predator situation didn't happen again, while ensuing that what did come of the situation can be seen and enjoyed by the majority of the people.
The only other option I see is for someone else to hide it away, which I don't think is a positive for anyone except the person doing the hiding.

If you were tortured by one of those devices in the museum, would you still like going back to the museum to see it on display?

2 weeks later
#18252 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

If you were tortured by one of those devices in the museum, would you still like going back to the museum to see it on display?

100% agree. I like how people that have not lost anything can comment and say stuff like this. Even within the community it seems to be OK to rip people off and then continue to sodomize them by allowing the only machine to be displayed and someone to profiteer from it. Actually makes me sick and some people should be ashamed.

#18253 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

100% agree. I like how people that have not lost anything can comment and say stuff like this. Even within the community it seems to be OK to rip people off and then continue to sodomize them by allowing the only machine to be displayed and someone to profiteer from it. Actually makes me sick and some people should be ashamed.

Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

#18254 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

never to be seen again.

This option has my vote! Or maybe in the ending scene of Tommy if ever redone.

#18255 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

#18256 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

Erasing history is NEVER a good idea.

#18257 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Erasing history is NEVER a good idea.

Agreed; I can't tell people how to feel, but I don't understand how burying this will help out at all given recent Pinball history.

Predator, Highway, Paperflock, JPoP + others... we are a pretty trusting community but we better have some reminders of what blind trust can bring.

#18258 5 years ago

for the same reason,

Never wrestle with a pig.

#18259 5 years ago

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses? I’m wondering after all these years what’s the point keeping the anger going.

Kevin obviously should never be welcomed back but life‘s too short to hang on to anger like this for so long.

I’m taking my own medicine and gave up on Jpop. I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork. These are old debts and I’ll be a lot happier just moving on.

The lessons I learned from all this will protect me from much bigger mistakes with my money in the future.

#18260 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses? I’m wondering after all these years what’s the point keeping the anger going.
Kevin obviously should never be welcomed back but life‘s too short to hang on to anger like this for so long.
I’m taking my own medicine and gave up on Jpop. I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork. These are old debts and I’ll be a lot happier just moving on.
The lessons I learned from all this will protect me from much bigger mistakes with my money in the future.

My thoughts exactly (although I have been scammed by Kevin, not JPop). At this stage I would not mind seeing one Predator game exhibited in a Museum. I don't care anymore. May be I'd buy later a Predator game from a real manufacturer if they make one (preferentially with a different layout).

#18261 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses?

https://practicaltaxes.com/can-you-write-off-money-you-lost-in-a-scam/

#18262 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

Man, all the down votes for a tongue in cheek reference to Ramses in the Ten Commandments. Better use my smileys next time.

I'm not really suggesting erasing history. I'm suggesting disassociating this pinball machine as any accomplishment by KK. It burns me that he gets any credit or validation.

#18263 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork.

WHY would you not do that?

#18264 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not really suggesting erasing history. I'm suggesting disassociating this pinball machine as any accomplishment by KK. It burns me that he gets any credit or validation.

From what I hear it plays like shit. So I don't know how much "credit or validation" the old pirate will receive.

#18265 5 years ago

It was a borderline call a few years ago, but you can't do it at all for 2018 and beyond. Theft losses are no longer deductible.

#18266 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHY would you not do that?

Well, apparently it wasn't just me. But since you asked, here were my personal reasons:

My big takeaway from jpop, and the other pinball failures, is it was/is clear there is nothing magical about pinball that defies common business principles. My regret is I went against my own business instincts in the face of that and let the reality distortion field cloud what was happening. So, with that clarity, my instincts tell me deeproot is not going to succeed.

If that is my clear opinion, then I resent being asked again to take another leap of faith on something that doesn't exist. I'm not going to sign legal mumbo jumbo that I can't be bothered to read for something that doesn't exist.

I resent that the offer ended without seeing anything and no hope of seeing a game, and then they end the offer well before they do actually show something. Screw that.

If I've concluded they will fail, then there's no getting my hopes up again and as per my post above I can live a happier and healthier life not caring.

You asked. .

#18267 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It was a borderline call a few years ago, but you can't do it at all for 2018 and beyond. Theft losses are no longer deductible.

Bummer! I didn't realize they changed the rules on this.

2 weeks later
#18268 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

Quoted from CNKay:

This option has my vote! Or maybe in the ending scene of Tommy if ever redone.

This is exactly my point I was trying to make. Some people don't get it. KK rips people off, then sold this machine to pay for his defense and now galloping ghost has it out on the floor and making profit. So this is a triple kick to the gonads(for people that lost money) and people are OK with it.

#18269 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Man, all the down votes for a tongue in cheek reference to Ramses in the Ten Commandments. Better use my smileys next time.

Yes it seems that as long as it didn't effect them they don't give a rats a$$.

2 months later
#18270 4 years ago

Might as well make it a trifecta on promising titles that were mucked up coming back to life!

I didnt hear anything though!

#18271 4 years ago

Holy smokes, I was just wondering about this today.

#18272 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Holy smokes, I was just wondering about this today.

Look for an announcement from Special "K" any minute now!

2 weeks later
#18273 4 years ago

Like listening to those juicy court hearings? Like the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games? You're welcome. Watch with headphones at 1080p 60fps.

Added 16 months ago:

Well my YouTube channel came and went (you can thank the FTC for that) but I did mirror these parody videos to Odysee!

https://odysee.com/@Crashdance22/If-The-Predator-Case-Was-Ace-Attorney-(January-20,-2017):0

https://odysee.com/@Crashdance22/If-The-Predator-Case-Was-Ace-Attorney-(January-27,-2017)

#18274 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Like listening to those juicy court hearings? Like the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney games? You're welcome. Watch with headphones at 1080p 60fps.

I listened to part one and that is great. Even though I'd heard the recording before, the visual really helped (and amused) me. I'll listen to part two when I have more time. But thanks for the effort in composing and posting this.

Does anyone have an update or know the present status on this case? My curiosity has been riled up again. Hilton? Anyone?

#18275 4 years ago

Nothing new that I know of. These two hearings were from 2 1/2 years ago.

John

#18276 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I listened to part one and that is great. Even though I'd heard the recording before, the visual really helped (and amused) me. I'll listen to part two when I have more time. But thanks for the effort in composing and posting this.
Does anyone have an update or know the present status on this case? My curiosity has been riled up again. Hilton? Anyone?

It literally took me multiple years because I would go months between working on it. I finally finished it because I'm switching my main PC to Linux (and wanted to get it done as well). Thanks for the feedback. I also have links to the two hearings in the video descriptions as Wolfemarsh's SoundCloud links no longer work (I'm not sure why).

#18277 4 years ago

Those were great, made it entertaining listening to again. Thanks for sharing!

#18278 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Nothing new that I know of. These two hearings were from 2 1/2 years ago.

After listening to the second recording/video, it wasn't going good for Kevin and the judge sounded motivated to wrap things up. Something must have happened in the past two years or so on this.

Anyone?

2 months later
#18279 4 years ago

A judge's opinion was recently filed on 9/5. I haven't read through it yet. Just happened to spot it in a random web search.

http://www.mieb.uscourts.gov/apps/courtOpinions/searchbyjudgeRes2.cfm

Search for "kulek" on that page.
_2_16-21030.pdf_2_16-21030.pdf

#18280 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A judge's opinion was recently filed on 9/5. I haven't read through it yet. Just happeneed to spot it in a random Web search.
http://www.mieb.uscourts.gov/apps/courtOpinions/searchbyjudgeRes2.cfm
Search for "kulek" on that page.
[quoted image]

basically Keith trying to fight the amount that Tim F was to be awarded for fees for his defense since Tim fought for and won payback for frees for the case Keith took up against him. Tim's side submitted they wanted 32k in attorney fees and costs awarded to him... and Keith tried to object to the amount nickle and diming the 'bill' line by line. Court concluded Tim should be awarded 7k+ in fees.

Noted in there was Tim's side also tried to fight that the suit against him was frivolous... and should result in sanctions against Keith. Another court disagreed and said no to sanctions and that it didn't constitute frivolous.

#18281 4 years ago

Which means that 7k comes straight off the top of anything recovered from kulek, so nothing out of pocket for Keith, I assume? Or is that penalty barred from consideration as normal attorney fees?

#18282 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Which means that 7k comes straight off the top of anything recovered from kulek, so nothing out of pocket for Keith, I assume? Or is that penalty barred from consideration as normal attorney fees?

Keith is working as an agent for the trustee.. so I presume all this comes from the trustee's assets.

Nothing was ever going to be recovered of significance from deadbeat anyways. The overhead of running all this would eat any of that up. This was more about making sure they didn't just skirt away under the cover of darkness.

#18283 4 years ago

And yet Kevin has not been seen in how long?

#18284 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Keith is working as an agent for the trustee.. so I presume all this comes from the trustee's assets.

This was a 28 U.S.C. 1927 claim: "Any attorney or other person admitted to conduct cases in any court of the United States or any Territory thereof who so multiplies the proceedings in any case unreasonably and vexatiously may be required by the court to satisfy personally the excess costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred because of such conduct.". And the court order says the judgment is against "plaintiff's lawyer." So it sounds like Keith would have to pay this one personally, not bill it to the bankruptcy estate.

#18285 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

And yet Kevin has not been seen in how long?

It seems like it's been years since anyone has had the opportunity to take a picture of his back.

#18286 4 years ago

I'm still waiting for someone to pick up the pieces on Experts of Dangerous and git er done!

#18287 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm still waiting for someone to pick up the pieces on Experts of Dangerous and git er done!

That theme is aging well. But on Pinside we prefer themes that have mellowed for 30-50 years, and I'm not sure EoD is quite ripe yet.

#18288 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This was a 28 U.S.C. 1927 claim:
"Any attorney or other person admitted to conduct cases in any court of the United States or any Territory thereof who so multiplies the proceedings in any case unreasonably and vexatiously may be required by the court to satisfy personally the excess costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred because of such conduct.". And the court order says the judgment is against "plaintiff's lawyer." So it sounds like Keith would have to pay this one personally, not bill it to the bankruptcy estate.

Interesting

#18289 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This was a 28 U.S.C. 1927 claim:
"Any attorney or other person admitted to conduct cases in any court of the United States or any Territory thereof who so multiplies the proceedings in any case unreasonably and vexatiously may be required by the court to satisfy personally the excess costs, expenses, and attorneys’ fees reasonably incurred because of such conduct.". And the court order says the judgment is against "plaintiff's lawyer." So it sounds like Keith would have to pay this one personally, not bill it to the bankruptcy estate.

Probably true!

For prosperity... here is the judgement where the court found against Keith for sanctions in the Fife case.

If I sum it up.. sounds like Keith made assertions based on Kevin's depositions that he transferred the games to Fife. Keith brings up the case against Fife. Fife denies getting them from Kevin, instead saying he bought them from Mike Magyari. In discovery, Keith's evidence was no-show and/or contradictory (read pdf for the details). From that point on given the input from the defense and lack of sources, they're basically saying Keith should have known he didn't have a case, but proceeded anyways and that's why they agreed for sanctions. This is very much a paraphrasing summary.. legal eyes may chew that up over details.

case against keith.pdfcase against keith.pdf

#18290 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

they're basically saying Keith should have known he didn't have a case, but proceeded anyways ...

I think a lot of us did too

#18291 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think a lot of us did too

So does this put a wet blanket on his civil suit ambitions.. or just make him even more vengeful?

The KK pond is clearly dry. Wife is flooded... Mom is dirt poor.. friends have all scurried away.. KK lives UTR enough to not have anything in his name worthy of chasing.

Guess we should pull up the bankruptcy case and see it's running state. I'm not aware of any other adversarial cases out there? Is that current?

#18292 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So does this put a wet blanket on his civil suit ambitions.. or just make him even more vengeful?
The KK pond is clearly dry. Wife is flooded... Mom is dirt poor.. friends have all scurried away.. KK lives UTR enough to not have anything in his name worthy of chasing.
Guess we should pull up the bankruptcy case and see it's running state. I'm not aware of any other adversarial cases out there? Is that current?

Still amazes me that in the course of a year, that idiot blew through 500k with zero to show for it.

#18293 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Still amazes me that in the course of a year, that idiot blew through 500k with zero to show for it.

A fool and his money...
Not to mention, have you ever watched a documentary about lottery winners who've since gone broke?
Often from opening businesses they thought they'd know how to run.

#18295 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

that idiot blew through 500k with zero to show for it.

what about all those loyalty points earned on his players cards?
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpgpirateplayersclub (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18296 4 years ago

This is not a Skit-B bash thread.

#18297 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Lol....the last 4 years has been nothing but...and deserved.

#18298 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lol....the last 4 years has been nothing but...and deserved.

I know. Just read the original post and thought it was funny.

#18299 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Didnt say we could not bash Kevin himself though lol

#18300 4 years ago

Spotted in the wild at "Galloping Ghost", where ever that is. One of the commentor's says it can barely make it through a game without issues. Not surprising.
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/366?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.