Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 366.
#18251 70 days ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I was in Estonia recently, where I paid to see a museum of torture devices. I'm not going to pretend that I "loved" the devices that were there, but it was fascinating, historical, and gave you perspective on what was happening in the days that stuff was used.
If I was in for a Predator, I would much rather any remaining prototypes be on display with those locations acknowledging the historical perspective to ensure that a future Predator situation didn't happen again, while ensuing that what did come of the situation can be seen and enjoyed by the majority of the people.
The only other option I see is for someone else to hide it away, which I don't think is a positive for anyone except the person doing the hiding.

If you were tortured by one of those devices in the museum, would you still like going back to the museum to see it on display?

2 weeks later
#18252 50 days ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

If you were tortured by one of those devices in the museum, would you still like going back to the museum to see it on display?

100% agree. I like how people that have not lost anything can comment and say stuff like this. Even within the community it seems to be OK to rip people off and then continue to sodomize them by allowing the only machine to be displayed and someone to profiteer from it. Actually makes me sick and some people should be ashamed.

#18253 50 days ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

100% agree. I like how people that have not lost anything can comment and say stuff like this. Even within the community it seems to be OK to rip people off and then continue to sodomize them by allowing the only machine to be displayed and someone to profiteer from it. Actually makes me sick and some people should be ashamed.

Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

#18254 50 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

never to be seen again.

This option has my vote! Or maybe in the ending scene of Tommy if ever redone.

#18255 50 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

#18256 49 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

Erasing history is NEVER a good idea.

#18257 49 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Erasing history is NEVER a good idea.

Agreed; I can't tell people how to feel, but I don't understand how burying this will help out at all given recent Pinball history.

Predator, Highway, Paperflock, JPoP + others... we are a pretty trusting community but we better have some reminders of what blind trust can bring.

#18258 49 days ago

for the same reason,

Never wrestle with a pig.

#18259 49 days ago

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses? I’m wondering after all these years what’s the point keeping the anger going.

Kevin obviously should never be welcomed back but life‘s too short to hang on to anger like this for so long.

I’m taking my own medicine and gave up on Jpop. I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork. These are old debts and I’ll be a lot happier just moving on.

The lessons I learned from all this will protect me from much bigger mistakes with my money in the future.

#18260 49 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses? I’m wondering after all these years what’s the point keeping the anger going.
Kevin obviously should never be welcomed back but life‘s too short to hang on to anger like this for so long.
I’m taking my own medicine and gave up on Jpop. I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork. These are old debts and I’ll be a lot happier just moving on.
The lessons I learned from all this will protect me from much bigger mistakes with my money in the future.

My thoughts exactly (although I have been scammed by Kevin, not JPop). At this stage I would not mind seeing one Predator game exhibited in a Museum. I don't care anymore. May be I'd buy later a Predator game from a real manufacturer if they make one (preferentially with a different layout).

#18261 49 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wasn’t there some discussion in this thread a while back about a tax write down for these losses?

https://practicaltaxes.com/can-you-write-off-money-you-lost-in-a-scam/

#18262 49 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

You are usually the voice of reason, and I most often agree with your positions, but on this one I vehemently disagree. Any use of this machine is validation of the creation of the machine. Burn the damn thing, erase it from the history books, and never speak the name KK again.

Man, all the down votes for a tongue in cheek reference to Ramses in the Ten Commandments. Better use my smileys next time.

I'm not really suggesting erasing history. I'm suggesting disassociating this pinball machine as any accomplishment by KK. It burns me that he gets any credit or validation.

#18263 49 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn’t even bother with the Deeproot paperwork.

WHY would you not do that?

#18264 49 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I'm not really suggesting erasing history. I'm suggesting disassociating this pinball machine as any accomplishment by KK. It burns me that he gets any credit or validation.

From what I hear it plays like shit. So I don't know how much "credit or validation" the old pirate will receive.

#18265 49 days ago

It was a borderline call a few years ago, but you can't do it at all for 2018 and beyond. Theft losses are no longer deductible.

#18266 49 days ago
Quoted from spfxted:

WHY would you not do that?

Well, apparently it wasn't just me. But since you asked, here were my personal reasons:

My big takeaway from jpop, and the other pinball failures, is it was/is clear there is nothing magical about pinball that defies common business principles. My regret is I went against my own business instincts in the face of that and let the reality distortion field cloud what was happening. So, with that clarity, my instincts tell me deeproot is not going to succeed.

If that is my clear opinion, then I resent being asked again to take another leap of faith on something that doesn't exist. I'm not going to sign legal mumbo jumbo that I can't be bothered to read for something that doesn't exist.

I resent that the offer ended without seeing anything and no hope of seeing a game, and then they end the offer well before they do actually show something. Screw that.

If I've concluded they will fail, then there's no getting my hopes up again and as per my post above I can live a happier and healthier life not caring.

You asked. .

#18267 49 days ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It was a borderline call a few years ago, but you can't do it at all for 2018 and beyond. Theft losses are no longer deductible.

Bummer! I didn't realize they changed the rules on this.

2 weeks later
#18268 35 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:Better out in public than hidden away in some private collection never to be seen again.

Quoted from CNKay:

This option has my vote! Or maybe in the ending scene of Tommy if ever redone.

This is exactly my point I was trying to make. Some people don't get it. KK rips people off, then sold this machine to pay for his defense and now galloping ghost has it out on the floor and making profit. So this is a triple kick to the gonads(for people that lost money) and people are OK with it.

#18269 35 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Man, all the down votes for a tongue in cheek reference to Ramses in the Ten Commandments. Better use my smileys next time.

Yes it seems that as long as it didn't effect them they don't give a rats a$$.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
$ 89.99
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Playfields
PinBall Reborn
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 45.00
Lighting - Other
PinballToys
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 366 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside