Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 367.
#18201 9 months ago
Quoted from Travish:

Yes, the lawyers made out well.

Right, other than the time the lawyers lost to the guys they were suing.

But um yeah....other than that it's great

#18202 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exempt that lawyer who lost was the trustee... not Keith (who was working on behalf of the trustee). And the trustee is paid by the assets anyway

#18203 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anybody made a scorecard? Here is a quick stab based on faulty memory to get us started.

Kevin - mostly absent from any proceedings. He received divorce papers.

Moma K - possesses trailer once worth $75k, it flooded and is now worth $3k. Probably not road worthy to travel between MI to CA..

Amanda - agreed to settle startup loans for 20k? but was unable to get a loan so no payment.

Tim Fife did not surrender Predator game and traded it for JJPPOTC.

Paul - cabinet guy ????

Few others - paid a small amount.

#18205 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody made a scorecard? Here is a quick stab based on faulty memory to get us started.
Kevin - mostly absent from any proceedings. He received divorce papers.
Moma K - possesses trailer once worth $75k, it flooded and is now worth $3k. Probably not road worthy to travel between MI to CA..
Amanda - agreed to settle startup loans for 20k? but was unable to get a loan so no payment.
Tim Fife did not surrender Predator game and traded it for JJPPOTC.
Paul - cabinet guy ????
Few others - paid a small amount.

VP's working on my cabinet as we speak, they still owe's me one...

#18206 9 months ago

are there any more recordings of the final decision with the case?

#18207 9 months ago
Quoted from cfh:

As far as making a game, it would be chore. no wiring harness was ever produced. and ramps would be tough (none were really ever made besides a couple prototypes, aka the "low wall" ramps, where the ball flew off the ramps.) it would be a hell of a lot of work. also you would need the programming code. Tim may have made a copy, but that's the only place (besides kevin) that probably has the code. i heard at one point it was hosted somewhere and could be downloaded?

The wiring harness is not that big a deal. Custom game builder have hand wired games without a harness. I have personally done it on two custom games as well as assisting on the three Houdini prototype games. It takes time, but it is certainly not a big deal for a game or two. I suspect the 6 or so wooly games were made by hand wiring and not a harness. Although if I was going to wire one of these, I would look to move off the switch matrix and go to the sw-16 boards (and P3-roc vs P-roc) since that makes wiring easier. It would require some minor changes to the game config/yaml file.

I know of at least one person who has the code base and assets and setup to run on an SBC. Not sure if it was the 'final' version (if there is such a thing). In addition, I'm 98.73% confident that the code on the drive has the plain .py files, so can easily be copied off and modified.

The ramps (and to a lesser degree the plastics) are the biggest challenge in someone making more of these with the playfields that are clearly out there, based on what Ben and others have reported/posted.

#18208 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Exempt that lawyer who lost was the trustee... not Keith (who was working on behalf of the trustee). And the trustee is paid by the assets anyway

I'm sure that makes sense to someone.

Paul - cabinet guy ????

I believe he was hammered with lawyers fees, but that's all.

#18209 9 months ago

To me, making the plastics and the ramps is easier. The wiring harness, labor intensive and a headache. I've wired games from nothing before, it's no fun. I did my Cactus Canyon from nothing. And i just did a Zaccaria game from nothing too. And now i'm wiring on a Stargazer from nothing. It takes a lot of time and thought to do one (so it doesn't look like spaghetti). Now if you were wiring even two of the same game, yea it gets easier. But just one from scratch, it's a lot of work (and a lot of wire.) On complicated games (and i would call this a complicated game), it's a monster job. The cactus canyon probably took me a week of working on it everyday, all day. And then of course you have to fix/find your mistakes too.

On a wpc games, wiring is made easier by the manual too. the way they lay out the switch matrix and lamp matrix shows an order for the wiring. starting at the top (bottom of the playfield, as the playfield is vertical), it moves towards the outhole. this makes tracing wires easier. and if you're wiring from scratch, and makes the harness layout easier. obviously with a custom game, this probably won't be the case.

If you were wiring a game from dead nothing, a lot has to go into the thinking. Where do you mount the boards? How about the computer? what/where is the fuse array and power supply(s)? Doing it once, not fun. i guess if you do it more than once, the learning curve gets shorter.

On the tim fife model, the computer was a full size desktop, mounted in the bottom of the game. The proc boards were on the back panel (!) of the lower cabinet (and bottom of the playfield). the head was naked with only a florescent bulb. What a headache! ALL the wiring was red or black (no other colors). I guess the boards were mounted on the lower cab back panel to save wire. But I can't imagine fixing that thing.

#18210 9 months ago

I wired a whitewater.. Doing it without the manual or colored wire sounds like 10x the work.

#18211 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure that makes sense to someone.

Look at the case heading... frank vs fife

Frank is the name of the appointed trustee in the bankruptcy case. In the entire bankruptcy case Keith was working as a lawyer as “part of the trustees team”. He convinced them to appoint him as a special counsel for the trustee. Thus he was able to continue the focused pursuit... using the powers and resources of the trustee. This was good because someone with specific interest and knowledge was involved in the challenge of the bankruptcy claims.

It also means fifes counter claims go against the bankruptcy trustee.... not Keith as the individual or the civil complaint folks.

And the trustees expenses are (attempted to be) paid from the pool of assets split amount the creditors.

#18212 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

The ramps (and to a lesser degree the plastics) are the biggest challenge in someone making more of these with the playfields that are clearly out there, based on what Ben and others have reported/posted.

I would so love to see this game come to life just to stick it to KK ... completely rip off anything and everything he made ... 99.99999% of the time I wouldn't want to see anyone fight crime with crime, but KK rises to the level of scum that needs his face rubbed in dogshit as often as possible. Scumbags like KK will rip people off again someday (its what they do ... I've known a few scumbags ... they're no different today than what they were 30 years ago as teenagers). You know the freak lurks here (they get off on the attention) ... if you want to drive him crazy, make this game happen even in kit form .

To get around any "Predator" licensing issues, a kit could be sold as "Angry Alien" or something similar ... make it easy for people to replace "Angry Alien" with "Predator" and you have a Predator pin !

#18213 9 months ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

I would so love to see this game come to life just to stick it to KK ... completely rip off anything and everything he made ... 99.99999% of the time I wouldn't want to see anyone fight crime with crime, but KK rises to the level of scum that needs his face rubbed in dogshit as often as possible. Scumbags like KK will rip people off again someday (its what they do ... I've known a few scumbags ... they're no different today than what they were 30 years ago as teenagers). You know the freak lurks here (they get off on the attention) ... if you want to drive him crazy, make this game happen even in kit form .
To get around any "Predator" licensing issues, a kit could be sold as "Angry Alien" or something similar ... make it easy for people to replace "Angry Alien" with "Predator" and you have a Predator pin !

Just make 100s of prototypes, as they seem to be legal.

#18214 9 months ago

Here's a cute Predator video that helps to take our minds off all the KK krap.
https://www.facebook.com/stoopidbuddystoodios/videos/216305099256248/?t=136

1 week later
#18215 8 months ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Here's a cute Predator video that helps to take our minds off all the KK krap.
https://www.facebook.com/stoopidbuddystoodios/videos/216305099256248/?t=136

Now thats some funny shit right there

#18216 8 months ago

Saw this on Reddit the other day. I haven't watched it yet. Some Lost Pinball series.

#18217 8 months ago

Yep to add insult to injury there is a legal machine?????? that I can visit and play for free? Wouldn't I be able to do this if I got my game I paid for? and another kick in the groin is Kevin built this machine to pay for his legal fees. What a cluster. This is the primary reason why pinball isn't as interesting as it was once was.

and BTW he is making profit from it also.

#18218 8 months ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

Yep to add insult to injury there is a legal machine?????? that I can visit and play for free? Wouldn't I be able to do this if I got my game I paid for? and another kick in the groin is Kevin built this machine to pay for his legal fees. What a cluster. This is the primary reason why pinball isn't as interesting as it was once was.

Legal in that it doesn't look like it can be claimed as a bankruptcy asset.

However, it would still have copyright, trademark, and IP issues to contend with if Fox decides to go after it. But it's probably safe to say they won't waste their (highly paid lawyer's) time going after that one game.

#18219 8 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

However, it would still have copyright, trademark, and IP issues to contend with if Fox decides to go after it. But it's probably safe to say they won't waste their (highly paid lawyer's) time going after that one game.

Making 1 game was always the "fair use" the person at the other end of the Fox phone told Kevin originally. No one is going to do anything about a one-off. So, yeah, since this game is cleared of bankruptcy I would agree that this is the one "legal" machine.

#18220 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Making 1 game was always the "fair use" the person at the other end of the Fox phone told Kevin originally.

Let's not forget that conversation probably didn't even happen and was just another BS story from Kevin. It's unlikely anyone cares about 1 machine, but if it is out there earning money in public you never know. Some companies are more aggressive than others.

#18221 8 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Let's not forget that conversation probably didn't even happen and was just another BS story from Kevin. It's unlikely anyone cares about 1 machine, but if it is out there earning money in public you never know. Some companies are more aggressive than others.

From what I recall, the Fox lawyer was basically badgered by the Anonymous Group, and even so the worst thing that happened to Kevin from Fox was to get a Cease & Desist.

All of Kevin's woes have been from the pinball community.

#18222 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd say more "Self Inflicted". But yes, not from Fox.

#18223 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

All Kevin's woes are due to Kevin, how can you blame us?

#18224 8 months ago
pasted_image (resized).png
#18225 8 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dang you people! Always demanding answers about something you paid for when the manufacturer keeps changing his story and has been telling lies the whole time.

Dang oldpinguy beat me to it
pinsiders (resized).jpg

#18226 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what I recall, the Fox lawyer was basically badgered by the Anonymous Group, and even so the worst thing that happened to Kevin from Fox was to get a Cease & Desist.

I also recall certain pinsiders promoting the hell out of the game and issuing false assurances of the legality of everything. <cough> whysnow <cough>

#18227 8 months ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not blame. Just referring to how if there wasn't a crowd fund for legal representation (Pinball Community), this whole thing would be far behind Kevin.

We're in agreement he made his bed. Just that Fox was never going to do anything about it, and didn't really. Really all that happened was the Fox IP guy told Pinball News it wasn't licensed, Pinball News broke the story legitimately (till then it was all rumor and Anonymous Group).

#18228 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not blame. Just referring to how if there wasn't a crowd fund for legal representation (Pinball Community), this whole thing would be far behind Kevin.
We're in agreement he made his bed. Just that Fox was never going to do anything about it, and didn't really. Really all that happened was the Fox IP guy told Pinball News it wasn't licensed, Pinball News broke the story legitimately (till then it was all rumor and Anonymous Group).

Dude, the game wasn't going to get built at that point. That was the proverbial last straw that broken the camels back, allowing everyone to see that the money was mostly gone and there was only a handful of parts to show for it (and, well, a mobile home, vacations photos, etc.)

#18229 8 months ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Dude, the game wasn't going to get built at that point.

I didn't mean he'd have built it. I meant he'd have had no consequence and run off.

#18230 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

I didn't mean he'd have built it. I meant he'd have had no consequence and run off.

Ah -- misread your message. Sorry about that.

#18231 8 months ago

What happened to all the guys with links to the court proceedings? I found them very enlightening and entertaining. Nothing new or still ongoing?

It looked at one point Keith the lawyer had em all in the corner of the ring ready to throw KO blows but then it seemed like the cabinet guys spun shit around and things got all quiet.

What the hell kinda justice system do we have?

Has anyone got a nickel back?

#18232 8 months ago
Quoted from CNKay:

//waiting for a nickelback sucks meme

#18233 8 months ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I’ll admit to doing a google search for “nickelback memes” last night. Guess I got too lazy to post one though.

#18234 8 months ago

Yeah, if I had any photoshop skills I would have put a pic of a pirate or a lambo in that 'photograph' meme. But I don't.

#18235 8 months ago
Quoted from Slash:

at what point did this particular game become “legal”?

Is it only after it has passed through a number of hands first it suddenly becomes legal?

Just like a stolen car.

Once it passes through 2 owners, it's legal again.

#18236 8 months ago

does that depend what state you're in . . .

Quoted from vid1900:

Just like a stolen car.
Once it passes through 2 owners, it's legal again.

#18237 8 months ago

car,bike that is reported stolen will stay on hot list in illinois. dont matter if you bought as 2nd 3rd or any other buyer.original owner can claim ownership with title and you must return..happen to me 10 years ago.if you buy with out title almost impossible to get title direct thru illinois..title can be obtained from other state if old enough..i did this with bike and travel trailer

#18238 8 months ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

car,bike that is reported stolen will stay on hot list in illinois. dont matter if you bought as 2nd 3rd or any other buyer.original owner can claim ownership with title and you must return..happen to me 10 years ago.if you buy with out title almost impossible to get title direct thru illinois..title can be obtained from other state if old enough..i did this with bike and travel trailer

We had a moped stolen...gave local police the serial number. 4 years later got a call that sheriff had it 3 states away. I told them to keep it. Not about to drive 3 states to pick up a broken moped.

#18239 8 months ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Since we're reduced to talking moped law, perhaps it's time ...

Ferrell

Pennywise

1 week later
#18240 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Since we're reduced to talking moped law, perhaps it's time ...

That was some funny stuff, there!!!!

1 week later
#18241 8 months ago

Received this in the mail today. Not sure what it really means as I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Kulek.pdf
#18242 8 months ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Received this in the mail today. Not sure what it really means as I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.[quoted image]

Seems to be good news to me, since Fife is not on Kuleks team.

2 weeks later
#18243 7 months ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Received this in the mail today. Not sure what it really means as I'm not a lawyer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night.[quoted image]

I just received in the mail the same document, all the way down here in Australia.

#18244 7 months ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Wtf does that mean??? Interesting.....

#18245 7 months ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

I'm so sorry for everyone that lost so much money in this game, and I know this wont solve your problem. But just so you know, you can get free admission to a new pinball arcade opening in Brookfield Illinois that is going to have the one and only Predator machine ever created.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&amp;v=x7FBp3xlDic

doc is a complete and total douche

#18246 7 months ago

I did receive the same via US Air Mail.
What does it mean?

#18247 7 months ago

Since none of the lawyers have chimed in, and keep in mind I'm not a lawyer in any way, here's what it looks like to me.

Case 16-21030-dob is the main Chapter 7 bankruptcy case. Case 17-02001 is the request for documents from Tim Fife, defendant by Randall Frank, plaintiff (Keith is the trustee). IIRC, Tim Fife wanted Keith sanctioned for comments on Pinside among other things. It looks like things got put on hold while that was going on, and now everything is reopened so that sanctions can be determined and issued. So I'm guessing Keith is going to get his hand slapped.

Anyone? Bueller?

#18248 7 months ago

Has Kevin the CONman been seen lately or maybe been CONvicted?

#18249 7 months ago

Has Kevin the CONvict been corralled?

Corralled for what exactly?

#18250 7 months ago

Has Kevin the CONman been seen lately or maybe been CONvicted?

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I would imagine he’ll get it when he least expects it, but who knows.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
$ 27.50
$ 129.25
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside