Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 370.
#18101 5 years ago

Just catching up here after many months. Usually, a Bankruptcy case being DISMISSED is BAD for the debtor (i.e. bad for Kulek). If you're Kulek and filing for Bankruptcy protection you want a "DISCHARGE", meaning your debt is forgiven and your creditors can no longer pursue you. "Dismissed" is bad because the Court rejected your case and now you are thrown to the wolves, who can pursue you indefinitely. Of course if you have no assets and gain no assets and have no job, there's not much meat to pick from the bones. It's still not a good result for a debtor to have his case dismissed.

That being said, I haven't read the pleadings and it's not clear to me exactly what was dismissed. There are a lot of ways to get things twisted in a case like this if you're not careful. For example, there are Adversary Proceedings within the Bankruptcy case that are like sub-lawsuits within the larger Bankruptcy case. If the Trustee brings an Adversary Proceeding against a party and that "AP" is dismissed, then that's typically bad for the unsecured creditors.

I do tend to agree with people who've said you have to be careful throwing good money after bad. It is very frequent in cases of theft that the bastard who stole your money wasted it away. Unfortunate but all too common.

#18102 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

As promised, here is Fife's appeal (which includes some interesting quotes from deposition transcripts).[quoted image]

Interesting. It looks like on pg 22, that Keith did an 'oops'. Though, I may be misreading.

#18103 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Interesting. It looks like on pg 22, that Keith did an 'oops'. Though, I may be misreading.

Yes - reading files that are clearly marked as attorney-client confidential is a big no-no.

#18104 5 years ago

If that pleading is true, Keith did alot of oops's. He's not the superstar that some seemed to portray him to be.

#18105 5 years ago

seems like a lot of lawyer speak and all how this system works. Guessing someone spent quite a bit of money on a lawyer and is trying to get some of that back???

#18106 5 years ago

It seems like a phenomenal waste of time and money to me....All this back and forth resulting from trying to collect 2 pinball machines....crazy...

#18107 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Additionally, note on page 6 that we could potentially (though not guaranteed) purchase a full copy of the 12 hours of deposition transcripts (of various Kuleks and other parties and witnesses) from the court reported for $1300.
Anyone want to set up a GoFundMe?

No, don't. Don't spend another dime on anything related to Kevin. It's not worth it.

#18108 5 years ago

So is this file specifically in response to a previous decision? I'm picking up on maybe Fife went through the ringer, but came out clean because he bought the stuff second hand in "good faith". Am I understanding correctly? Then Keith appealed and this document is from Fife's perspective?

#18109 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So is this file specifically in response to a previous decision? I'm picking up on maybe Fife went through the ringer, but came out clean because he bought the stuff second hand in "good faith". Am I understanding correctly? Then Keith appealed and this document is from Fife's perspective?

Correct...that's the general gist of it. So, who pays for Fife's legal fees if Keith's appeal fails (which by all accounts will)? The court already awarded Fife retribution, so does that come out of Keith's pocket for a frivolous suit, or does it come out of the cash pot that would normally go to the people involved in the lawsuit? Like many have said, I'm afraid that the only person getting money out of this will be Keith....Hope for everyone's sake I'm proven very wrong.

#18110 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Correct...that's the general gist of it. So, who pays for Fife's legal fees if Keith's appeal fails (which by all accounts will)? The court already awarded Fife retribution, so does that come out of Keith's pocket for a frivolous suit, or does it come out of the cash pot that would normally go to the people involved in the lawsuit? Like many have said, I'm afraid that the only person getting money out of this will be Keith....Hope for everyone's sake I'm proven very wrong.

This saga hasn't been about people getting money back for a very long time.
That was gone years ago.

#18111 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

If that pleading is true, Keith did alot of oops's. He's not the superstar that some seemed to portray him to be.

Yes but he has a Lamborghini though.

#18112 5 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Additionally, note on page 6 that we could potentially (though not guaranteed) purchase a full copy of the 12 hours of deposition transcripts (of various Kuleks and other parties and witnesses) from the court reported for $1300.
Anyone want to set up a GoFundMe?

Don't taxpayers already pay for this? WTF.

1 week later
#18113 5 years ago

Summary of the fife file?

#18114 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Summary of the fife file?

"Yes you did, no I didn't"

1 month later
#18115 5 years ago

Is Kevin Kulek still not arrested?

#18116 5 years ago

Nope and he won't be.

Or "wheels of justice e slowly turning everything is normal etc etc"

#18117 5 years ago
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
#18118 5 years ago

I’m sure everyone has 43M in the bank so as not to want to chase their 5k. Once again mr Bally full of it

#18119 5 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Is Kevin Kulek still not arrested?

Bankruptcy proceedings are about distributing money, not criminally punishing the debtor. Kevin's not going to jail because of Predator.

On the other hand, if you're expressing amazement that this imbecile has somehow managed not to get himself arrested for whatever harebrained schemes he's probably been engaged in since Predator collapsed, that does seem incredible.

#18120 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bankruptcy proceedings are about distributing money, not criminally punishing the debtor. Kevin's not going to jail because of Predator.
On the other hand, if you're expressing amazement that this imbecile has somehow managed not to get himself arrested for whatever harebrained schemes he's probably been engaged in since Predator collapsed, that does seem somewhat incredible.

I dont think anyone was inferring that bankruptcy would result in him being criminally prosecuted...
However, you are silly if you think the criminal side of things are behind Mr. Kuleck

I am pretty sure once everything is finally done with bankruptcy, then civil suits can resume (there has been a stay enacted once bankruptcy was filed), and the possibility for criminal is still on the table.

#18121 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think anyone was inferring that bankruptcy would result in him being criminally prosecuted...
However, you are silly if you think the criminal side of things are behind Mr. Kuleck
I am pretty sure once everything is finally done with bankruptcy, then civil suits can resume (there has been a stay enacted once bankruptcy was filed), and the possibility for criminal is still on the table.

Correct re: civil suits, assuming the court stands by its decision not to give Kevin a bankruptcy discharge at the end of all of this (check with your lawyer on timing though, you may need to file quickly after the bankruptcy stay is lifted depending on the statute of limitations on your civil suits). Of course new civil suits wouldn't lead to jail time which is what the_one was asking about.

Re: criminal charges, anything's possible so long as the statute of limitations hasn't run (looks like 6 years in Michigan for misdemeanors and most felonies, wouldn't be affected by the bankruptcy). But I believe the victims reached out to the DA several years ago and they didn't bring charges, so I wouldn't bank on it.

I know you'd like to see him prosecuted, and it's a little hard to believe he didn't commit some crimes here. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

#18122 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

of course...

much of this will be out of our hands and depend on what the state opts to do.

However, some of the things discovered during bankruptcy proceedings may help change the mind of the DA in regards to criminal proceedings.

As Mr Bally so astutely notes, the wheels of the courts and states turn slowly. Luckily, they also never stop moving.

#18123 5 years ago

If there is not a pending court date of any kind, assume it’s over. If a new date pops up, then bring the popcorn on that day. Til then, I wouldn’t even think about this piece of drama.

#18124 5 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

[quoted image]

That has zero to do with this. I thought the games and deposits we're more than $10. Shit, I'll send 20 just in case somehow these get made. I'm in for 2!!

#18125 5 years ago

What do you think will end up being the longer con job?

1. Skit B taking deposits for a fake pin and taking all of pinside's monies

2. Keith going to lawyer schoolery for years, starting a case against Kulek, & disappearing after taking all of pinsides monies?

I kid.

#18126 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

2. Keith going to lawyer schoolery for years, starting a case against Kulek, & disappearing after taking all of pinsides monies?

I kid.

Hard to choose just one, there both spot on.

John

#18127 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I kid.

Lawyers haven't earned the stellar and respectful rep they have, by not being, well, lawyers. We all know in the end, only lawyers win.

#18128 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lawyers haven't earned the stellar and respectful rep they have, by not being, well, lawyers. We all know in the end, only lawyers win.

They are a necessary part of an imperfect legal system. If all parties showed up and told the whole truth we mostly wouldn't need them. But life doesn't work that way. Most people, including lawyers, are decent and honest. That the system they work in rewards shenanigans is not wholly the fault of lawyers.

#18129 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

They are a necessary part of an imperfect legal system. If all parties showed up and told the whole truth we mostly wouldn't need them. But life doesn't work that way. Most people, including lawyers, are decent and honest. That the system they work in rewards shenanigans is not wholly the fault of lawyers.

Technically, it is the fault of lawyers, as lawyers write the rules that our imperfect court system works under.

Anyway, back on topic. Has anyone , besides lawyers, gotten paid or paid back?

#18130 5 years ago

Nothing has happened to Kevin, and other than a possible photo from behind nothing will happen to Kevin. No justice will be served here, at what point do you pull the plug and move on...

#18131 5 years ago

My predictions.....

No money is recovered

No criminal charges will be pressed on Kevin K.

This thread will finally die on page 396

#18132 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nothing has happened to Kevin, and other than a possible photo from behind nothing will happen to Kevin. No justice will be served here, at what point do you pull the plug and move on...

Well i mean he lost his wife and house didn't he?

#18133 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I saw both of them.

He came out in the black on both of those "losses."

#18134 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I saw both of them.
He came out in the black on both of those "losses."

Are you trying to say she was a bigger loser than him?

#18135 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

The led separate lives before this, and his house was washed away in a flood; nothing to do with this case

#18136 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

My predictions.....
No money is recovered
No criminal charges will be pressed on Kevin K.
This thread will finally die on page 396

I predict that 2 out of 3 of those will be true.

1 month later
#18137 5 years ago

Saw on facebook the predator prototype got traded away for a jjpotc

#18138 5 years ago

Wow the guy that traded the pirates got screwed.

#18139 5 years ago

Wonder if it was a straight up trade...

#18140 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow the guy that traded the pirates got screwed.

Didn't Kevin fancy himself a pirate. Irony.

#18141 5 years ago

Not a fancy one, but a pirate, none the less.

#18142 5 years ago

Anyone hear anything new? I mean, I know it's over with as far as anything happening to Kevin, his family or getting any money back but what about Keith? He's seemed to drop off the face of the earth as I've not heard anything from him in like two years I think.

John

#18143 5 years ago

Like most roaches, he scurried off when the lights shined on him.

He'll be looking over his shoulder the rest of his life.

#18144 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Anyone hear anything new? I mean, I know it's over with as far as anything happening to Kevin, his family or getting any money back but what about Keith? He's seemed to drop off the face of the earth as I've not heard anything from him in like two years I think.
John

Call your lawyer if you want info on your case ( I think you hired him also, correct?).

Bankruptcy stuff should be coming to conclusion soon last I checked. I am not sure why you keep thinking things are over? Court found that all the money he stole is on him for life, court found others on the hook also, and court even recovered some funds... if you were owed and have filed proof of your claim then you should be all good and now just sitting and waiting till civil cases can pick back up. Then collection. Whom knows, criminal is still out there and often starts back up now that the state has discovered so much during the bankruptcy.

#18145 5 years ago

Not pinball but wow.

2 weeks later
#18146 5 years ago

I'm so sorry for everyone that lost so much money in this game, and I know this wont solve your problem. But just so you know, you can get free admission to a new pinball arcade opening in Brookfield Illinois that is going to have the one and only Predator machine ever created.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=x7FBp3xlDic

#18147 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
#18148 5 years ago
Quoted from tmntrule999:

But just so you know, you can get free admission to a new pinball arcade opening in Brookfield Illinois that is going to have the one and only Predator machine ever created.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=x7FBp3xlDic

D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gifD460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif

Also I don’t think a few free plays on a half completed and bogus game is going to take the sting away from someone losing $1000s.

#18149 5 years ago

#18150 5 years ago

I'd take a swing by that arcade for a spin on it if I was in the area. Better than it sitting in some Michigan basement.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 363 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/363?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.