Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 370.
#17701 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I actually don't think this is a scam. She was probably advised that a separation is the best course for her.
Regarding soda pop: In Wisconsin we say pop and anyone saying soda is a Minnesota transplant.

Don't know. I was born in Wisconsin, and lived there 26 years. I've always called it soda and never pop. To me pop would be a southern thing...

#17702 6 years ago

Y'all are all crazy. It's coke. If you say coke and they have Pepsi they just ask "is Pepsi ok" and you say yea.

#17703 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Y'all are all crazy. It's coke. If you say coke and they have Pepsi they just ask "is Pepsi ok" and you say yea.

Or if you say soda, they ask you what kind and then you tell them...

#17704 6 years ago

East coast - Soda, never pop.

If you ask for a coke and they only have Pepsi they will make sure - Pepsi OK?

If you ask for a cola they will give you what they have. Mostly Coke, good percent Pepsi, rare but possible RC and Freaky Dog. (pretty sure Freaky Dog is a Fairfield and New Haven county CT thing.

I avoid confusion and just order beer.

#17705 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

NO! No, it's not ok!

#17706 6 years ago

I always liked RC! Good stuff!

#17707 6 years ago

Pepsi.

#17708 6 years ago

In 1964 my family took a trip to Indiana from Missouri. We stopped for gas and my dad asked the pump jockey if they had any soda. He asked my dad "Baking Soda?"

#17710 6 years ago

lol @ drinking soda/pop.

#17711 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I actually don't think this is a scam. She was probably advised that a separation is the best course for her.
Regarding soda pop: In Wisconsin we say pop and anyone saying soda is a Minnesota transplant.

Yeah, and in Wisconsin you call a drinking fountain a 'bubbler.'

#17712 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I always liked RC! Good stuff!

Royal Crown is great to drink and collect.

With coin op collecting the old RC are harder to find. Coca-Cola is iconic and easy to sell. But Pepsi and RC machines are worth more. Just like Everyone drinks Sprite, but the 7-up stuff is what you collect.

Quoted from Dooskie:

Yeah, and in Wisconsin you call a drinking fountain a 'bubbler.'

They used to be call Soda Fountain. But I think these days it is just "Drink Machine" since they also usually have a "Hi-C" or some other choice. See how I worked "Hi-C" into the discussion? Come on, and whose a Florida "Mr. Pibs" person?

#17713 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

NO! No, it's not ok!

Reminds me of a Lewis Black bit. Note: NSFW due to language.

#17714 6 years ago

Hey I want a soda! Get me a grape or an orange but none of that stinkin root beer!

#17716 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Soooo, about Kevin?...

I think he stepped out to get a soda.

#17717 6 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

He would be the scandalous type to call it soda!!

#17718 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He would be the scandalous type to call it soda!!

Hence my 'soda' reference.

#17719 6 years ago

Doesn't anybody call it fizz around here? Or in the Southeast?

#17720 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Growing up in Georgia, I NEVER heard it called 'Fizz'. HOWEVER, my grandfolks, up in Chicago, DID call it that.

#17721 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Soooo, about Kevin?...

Quoted from Dooskie:

I figured he was going out for a pack of "butts". What did his dad do?

See how I worked in the next round? What are cigarettes called in your area? If the Kevin thread goes into a name game for "vices" we can cover everything from the homemade hooch to the backyard barrel crank.

#17722 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Royal Crown is great to drink and collect.
With coin op collecting the old RC are harder to find. Coca-Cola is iconic and easy to sell. But Pepsi and RC machines are worth more. Just like Everyone drinks Sprite, but the 7-up stuff is what you collect.

They used to be call Soda Fountain. But I think these days it is just "Drink Machine" since they also usually have a "Hi-C" or some other choice. See how I worked "Hi-C" into the discussion? Come on, and whose a Florida "Mr. Pibs" person?

btw, it's mr. pibb, not pibs

#17723 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

btw, it's mr. pibb, not pibs
» YouTube video

Thank you, no insult meant btw. It is what I drank at Disney for one full week a year for 10 years from 1997-2006 to rehydrate from the gin.

#17724 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Seems like when I was a lad, there was something called 'fizzies' that you would drop into water. Geeze, what were those things called? I remember I liked the rootbeer flavored ones.

#17725 6 years ago

Called "FIZZIES" = Fizzy Drink Tablets. You can still get them

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/fizzies-drink-tablets/

Or Alak Seltzers

#17726 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Called "FIZZIES" = Fizzy Drink Tablets. You can still get them
https://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/fizzies-drink-tablets/
Or Alak Seltzers

I guess my memory isn't too bad. Looks like the company has gone in and out of business a few times over the years. Thanks for the link!

#17727 6 years ago

Threads on fire, about sugary drinks?

#17728 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I figured he was going out for a pack of "butts". What did his dad do?
See how I worked in the next round? What are cigarettes called in your area? If the Kevin thread goes into a name game for "vices" we can cover everything from the homemade hooch to the backyard barrel crank.

How about 'my early retirement plan'....

#17729 6 years ago

While I would much rather dis on Kevin, I've just got to ask.

Do people in Massachusetts call soda/soft drinks/pop another name which is "Tonic"?

When we used to visit my cousins in Boston back in the 1960's, they referred to all the soda/soft drinks/pop as Tonic. And they pronounced it Ta-WAN-ick.

Anyone living there know what I'm referencing?

I was born in Boston in 1947 and the family instantly moved to Kentucky, where I've been ever since. I am a Damn Yankee-Italian-Hillbilly-Redneck now, and lovin' it!

Mike in Kentucky

#17730 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Threads on fire, about sugary drinks?

#17731 6 years ago

....I STILL don't know the difference between seltzer, club soda, and tonic.

#17732 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Seltzer - sprayed on you by a clown with a fun-gun on purpose
Club Soda - sprayed on you by a bartender that will apologize
Tonic - Sprayed on you at a strip joint telling you to just ditch the tie

#17733 6 years ago

Folks, I know there's not a whole lot of news on the subject of skit-b, but could you please try to keep things on topic?

If you want to continue the discussion on soft drink terminology, feel free to open a new thread in the OT forum and post the link here for anyone who might want to hop over to it. Thanks

#17734 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

eel free to open a new thread in the OT forum and post the link here for anyone who might want to hop over to

You mean POP over to it right?

Sorry I had to...

#17735 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Seltzer is, I believe, straight carbonated water.

Club soda is softened with minerals.

Tonic has quinine.

I drink the first two all the time, never the third.

All should dissolve witches.

#17736 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

While I would much rather dis on Kevin, I've just got to ask.
Do people in Massachusetts call soda/soft drinks/pop another name which is "Tonic"?
When we used to visit my cousins in Boston back in the 1960's, they referred to all the soda/soft drinks/pop as Tonic. And they pronounced it Ta-WAN-ick.
Anyone living there know what I'm referencing?
I was born in Boston in 1947 and the family instantly moved to Kentucky, where I've been ever since. I am a Damn Yankee-Italian-Hillbilly-Redneck now, and lovin' it!
Mike in Kentucky

Yes. I attended Brandeis University in Waltham, MA, near Boston (1977 - 1981). My college classmates from the area used the term "tonic" back then.

#17737 6 years ago

I suppose Cola or Pop means no news rambling.

#17738 6 years ago

Silly thing for which the thread is on fire.

I tried to find a funny pic about "sody pop" but I am left wondering how I don't recall ever learning of John Kricfalusi's character of ten years ago.

So I'll post a map instead:

sodapopcoke (resized).jpgsodapopcoke (resized).jpg

#17739 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Folks, I know there's not a whole lot of news on the subject of skit-b, but could you please try to keep things on topic?
If you want to continue the discussion on soft drink terminology, feel free to open a new thread in the OT forum and post the link here for anyone who might want to hop over to it. Thanks

Looks like nobody is listening. Personally I'm starting to think we should probably close the thread down entirely as there seems to be nothing of interest on it anymore.

John

#17740 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Looks like nobody is listening.

I missed Forceflow's note, didn't mean to flaunt it...

#17741 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I missed Forceflow's note, didn't mean to flaunt it...

I didn't see Forceflow's post either. Notwithstanding, some threads, like those involving Kulek and Jpop, require more organic diversion than others, to offset the pain inflicted by these eponymous villains.

#17742 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's probably more region and age specific than you think. We said "soda" in Milwaukee/Waukesha/Washington County.

I still say it now that I live in Minnesota.

#17743 6 years ago

So did the magic lawyer get everyone's money back or what?

#17744 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

So did the magic lawyer get everyone's money back or what?

The point was to cause Kevin and the alleged criminals in his family some pain.

It would seem the mission has been accomplished.

#17745 6 years ago

I like how Mama K. made a big deal about having the grandkids' pictures on Pinside, but on AK's site, they are posted for all to see.

https://www.laumephotography.com/single-post/2015/11/06/To-Those-Who-Say-Photography-is-Easy

pirate (resized).pngpirate (resized).png

"So many people think Photography is Easy and that they are paying us for just pushing a button, I wish that was so true!"

As it turns out, making pinball machines and photography are both hard.

#17746 6 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I like how Mama K. made a big deal about having the grandkids' pictures on Pinside, but on AK's site, they are posted for all to see.
https://www.laumephotography.com/single-post/2015/11/06/To-Those-Who-Say-Photography-is-Easy

"So many people think Photography is Easy and that they are paying us for just pushing a button, I wish that was so true!"
As it turns out, making pinball machines and photography are both hard.

damn...I clicked the link and started reading but the spelling errors were too difficult to get through...

#17747 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

damn...I clicked the link and started reading but the spelling errors were too difficult to get through..

Me too, and I'm a stickler for spelling errors. that page made me cringe.

#17748 6 years ago

She should do a new blog post titled "I dropped 225lbs of shit in one day, let me tell you how"

#17749 6 years ago

That posting is from two years ago.

John

#17750 6 years ago

What's going on with the 2 counter lawsuits against Keith?

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 355 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/355?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.