Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 370.
#17401 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen pictures of it too. There were a few photos going around. That doesn't mean I've seen it in person, though.

honestly i have committed too much effort into just these few posts and it's truly none of my concern. Best of luck to all involved.

#17402 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Absolutely incorrect. I'm going on his own words. I've attached it so this whole "a lot can happen in a year" can be settled once and for all. 4 weeks later he went from never being able to see it to having seen it and having pictures. Lots of motivation and interest for a guy with nothing to do with it, seemingly.

OK, That makes more sense seeing that, I cannot say I have dissected anyone's posts here, I just go by what has been summarized and I went by what SirScott posted.

That being said, who knows what occurred in those four weeks - perhaps Tim reached out to Clay after the first post?

I could say in a post, "Hey I know 'Pinballer X' is 10 miles from me, but I don't know him at all and I have no access to his machines." That would be entirely accurate, but 'Pinballer X' might say, "Hey, George seems like a nice guy, he's local, maybe I'll reach out to him to meet up." That could only take hours to occur...

Just saying...

#17403 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Tell me where I can get cable tv for under $41/mo ($500 year)!

Most county Jails !

#17404 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lot can happen in a year.

Yep!

2016-06-10 09:35 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

I saw Tim Fife's pedator, played it too, that game was complete and it was very nice and finished.

2016-06-10 16:44 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

Again I saw the Tim Fife predator and I was really impressed with it. It had a nice finished look to it. It played well too. Kevin could do it.

2016-06-10 16:59 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

Tim's game is not available to me or anyone else. I don't know Tim at all and I have no access to his machine. He lives close by to me but I do not know Tim. And even if I did I suspect he would let me anywhere near his machine.

2016-07-07 12:53 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

Looking at Tim's machine when I had the chance and took some pictures, there are three driver boards under the playfield. The first one is a lamp matrix which obviously drives all the CPU control lamps.

2016-07-07 13:52 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

And I've seen Tim's number two and I have pictures of it.

2017-09-18 19:47 EDT

Quoted from cfh:

Tim only lives about 20 miles from us. I have personally seen his machine, and inventoried and photographed it.

#17405 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've seen pictures of it too. There were a few photos going around. That doesn't mean I've seen it in person, though.

He literally said he has seen it. Not sure what we are even talking about here^

#17406 6 years ago

It wasn't a year, almost all his posts say "one year ago" so its seemingly is within roughly the same period.

The two posts quoted...

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.02.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.02.38 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.02.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-19 at 6.02.19 PM (resized).png

#17407 6 years ago

Is it possible Clay saw the machine before it was in Tim's possession?

#17408 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

If people really need a pizza, see me at Chicago Expo, and we'll go out and get some Chicago pizza together and I'll buy. Maybe get a beer too. I don't really need much of an excuse to go to a famous Chicago pizzeria...

Clay, this is serious business so please be clear: You mean Lou Malnatis and not Unos, correct?

#17409 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

You mean Lou Malnatis and not Unos, correct?

Pequod's or GTFO.

#17410 6 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

OK, That makes more sense seeing that, I cannot say I have dissected anyone's posts here, I just go by what has been summarized and I went by what SirScott posted.
That being said, who knows what occurred in those four weeks - perhaps Tim reached out to Clay after the first post?
I could say in a post, "Hey I know 'Pinballer X' is 10 miles from me, but I don't know him at all and I have no access to his machines." That would be entirely accurate, but 'Pinballer X' might say, "Hey, George seems like a nice guy, he's local, maybe I'll reach out to him to meet up." That could only take hours to occur...
Just saying...

That's fine, and I'm in agreement with you. The argument of a lot can happen in a year is ridiculous, it was 4 weeks. Again, to each their own, but what person is going to go "document" and photo someone's pin, spend all the time getting part numbers and in depth knowledge just to do What? File it away in his Hollie hobbit notebook?

Without knowing all the facts, from the outside, it seems clear what the motivation would be. Maybe he is a historian and wants to document it, I really have no clue, Seems like a lot of effort though. I'm not trying to come across as attacking anyone, but completely denying he may possibly have a pin seems disingenuous.

Edit: not referring to you, but others who think it's all fiction

#17411 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

There will not be enough funds to pay all of us back in full. My personal goal is for every person involved with Skit-B experience the maximum jail time possible, as much financial restitution to the victims as possible and a bonfire as large as possible.

All totally understandable wishes as someone that Kevin took money off of. But your list of goals does not align well with what is likely to come out of the bankruptcy case.

Quoted from starfighter:

every person involved with Skit-B experience the maximum jail time possible

The bankruptcy court will not be handing out criminal convictions or jail time to anyone, that's not what bankruptcy courts do and would be blatantly unconstitutional. So far, law enforcement has seemed pretty uninterested in this case.

Quoted from starfighter:

as much financial restitution to the victims as possible

This is roughly what the bankruptcy court will do, except with the less satisfying terms "distribution" and "creditors" (back to the point that bankruptcy courts are not focused on assigning blame and punishing bad behavior).

Quoted from starfighter:

and a bonfire as large as possible

The bankruptcy court is not interested in holding a bonfire unless it's going to somehow increase the pot of money to be split among Kevin's creditors.

Quoted from starfighter:

If the assets can be auctioned to benefit the victims, I'm OK with that. If the assets are deemed illegal and must be destroyed, I'm OK with that too as long as ALL the assets are destroyed. I don't want some games mysteriously popping up 4 years down the road because it's super rare.

Again, the bankruptcy court does not care about any of this. If there's not net positive money to be recovered for the creditors by pursuing certain assets/claims then the trustee will presumably ignore them.

#17412 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

All kinds of stuff...

My Christmas wish is more of a bankruptcy/civil case combination victory. I'm just in a pissed off mood right now and the whole "it doesn't have a lot of value - let's get a pizza" vibe set me off.

#17413 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The two posts quoted...

Yea, he said the same thing multiple times. It doesn't change the fact that it was 4 weeks that his tune changed, not the excuse of a lot can happen in a year. Glad I could clear it up for you.

#17414 6 years ago

That's fine, and I'm in agreement with you. The argument of a lot can happen in a year is ridiculous, it was 4 weeks. Again, to each their own, but what person is going to go "document" and photo someone's pin, spend all the time getting part numbers and in depth knowledge just to do What? File it away in his Hollie hobbit notebook?
Without knowing all the facts, from the outside, it seems clear what the motivation would be. Maybe he is a historian and wants to document it, I really have no clue, Seems like a lot of effort though. I'm not trying to come across as attacking anyone, but completely denying he may possibly have a pin seems disingenuous.

Museum curators are weird. They love this stuff. Look at Tim Arnold or Silverman.

#17415 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Museum curators are weird. They love this stuff. Look at Tim Arnold or Silverman.

Love it so much they would do whatever it took to have one of their own? Yea, I totally agree.

#17416 6 years ago

CFH claims he played Tim's predator, then later denied it. Seems fishy to me!

#17417 6 years ago

Tim Fife's game did not go from Kevin to Tim. I think if you go through the documents you'll see it was some where before it went to Tim. I got to see it and document it during that period. As a museum curator and administrator, custom games are pretty cool and i like to check them out and document them. Little did i know it was going to be such a hot potato. I wasn't following the thing at the time and didn't know all the back story until after i got to see it and later google it.

I did get to play it too. It seemed unfinished (no attract mode for example as in no playfield cycling lights), but i would say it generally 'worked'. It needed a lot more sound work. Music was there, but little else surrounding it but some movie quotes. Also need a lot more controlled lighting work during game play, it was hard to know what to do (what to shoot for.) Impressive in many ways, but raw and unfinished in many others.

#17418 6 years ago

I will say, as someone from the outside I believe the accusations, as the guys posts alone show how much in depth knowledge he knew of what was needed to complete the pin. Someone is making that list just for fun?

I thought the same when I saw the list. Why so much trouble if he wasn't trying to build one?

#17419 6 years ago

Love it so much they would do whatever it took to have one of their own? Yea, I totally agree.

Don't put words in my mouth.

#17420 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I did get to play it too. It seemed unfinished (no attract mode for example as in no playfield cycling lights), but i would say it generally 'worked'. It needed a lot more sound work. Music was there, but little else surrounding it but some movie quotes. Also need a lot more controlled lighting work during game play, it was hard to know what to do (what to shoot for.) Impressive in many ways, but raw and unfinished in many others.

Ahem

Quoted from cfh:

Again I saw the Tim Fife predator and I was really impressed with it. It had a nice finished look to it. It played well too. Kevin could do it. He just didn't have everything in the right order to make it happen. Licensing was a fiasco, but Kevin thought he had a handle on it. Apparently he was delusional though. But if The anonymous pair hadn't confronted fox, and then fox hadn't pushed kevin, it is my belief that predators would be in production right now. Kevin was convincing enough to pull this whole thing off. Yes there was a lot of sales pitch, potential lies and half-truths so on and so forth. But as long as the wall didn't come crashing down I believe he could've pulled this off. Again if you saw the Tim game you would know exactly what I mean. It was nice, really nice. And it proved that Kevin could make a game in its totality from beginning to end.

#17421 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't put words in my mouth.

You basically said he was passionate. I agreed.

#17422 6 years ago

I did, it was literally less than a month later.

I didn't look at the date for the second one--just the quoted text. I originally thought it was a much more recent quote at first glance.

He literally said he has seen it. Not sure what we are even talking about here^

Guess I read the screenshot too quickly. It sounded like he had just saved the photos that were going around a while back.

Sorry for the confusion. I shouldn't multitask when reading this thread

#17423 6 years ago

The internet doesn't forget....alot of inconsistencies in the various explanations. Could be out of context, could be bad memories or could be CYA. I don't think any of us casual observers know the full truth of who has what and why.

#17424 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I think if you go through the documents you'll see it was some where before it went to Tim.

What documents? Court documents? (Serious question.)

#17425 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

You mean Lou Malnatis and not Unos, correct?

Lou's all the way.. though it's usually Lou's versus Giordano's.

#17426 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Tim Fife's game did not go from Kevin to Tim. I think if you go through the documents you'll see it was some where before it went to Tim. I got to see it and document it during that period. As a museum curator and administrator, custom games are pretty cool and i like to check them out and document them. Little did i know it was going to be such a hot potato. I wasn't following the thing at the time and didn't know all the back story until after i got to see it and later google it.

Earlier you said the opposite, twice in fact????

#17427 6 years ago

Well there's two versions of the story. There's Tim's version and Kevin's version. Which one is correct I do not know. But what I do know is that before Tim got the machine, it made a pitstop. This could happen for a couple reasons, but it was probably just a logistics thing. I got to see the game while it was awaiting Tim.

#17428 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I got to see it and document it during that period. As a museum curator and administrator, custom games are pretty cool and i like to check them out and document them. Little did i know it was going to be such a hot potato. I wasn't following the thing at the time and didn't know all the back story until after i got to see it and later google it.

I'm thinking you were thinking "Hey, another King Kong!" Then you realized there is an angry mob with pitch forks and torches associated with this game. Who knows, maybe in 20 years HEP will be restoring Predator for some wealthy collector.

#17429 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Well there's two versions of the story. There's Tim's version and Kevin's version. Which one is correct I do not know. But what I do know is that before Tim got the machine, it made a pitstop. This could happen for a couple reasons, but it was probably just a logistics thing. I got to see the game while it was awaiting Tim.

I think we can settle the dust right here. At that time, at the "pit stop", did you know that exact Predator machine was heading to Tim Fife?

#17430 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think we can settle the dust right here. At that time, at the "pit stop", did you know that exact Predator machine was heading to Tim Fife?

Take that a step further, do you, or do you not have a Predator machine, whether functional, in parts, or otherwise? Built by Kevin, yourself, Elon Musk or anyone? It's a simple question.

#17431 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Clay, this is serious business so please be clear: You mean Lou Malnatis and not Unos, correct?

Unos is a chain might as well go dominoes at that point. Lou's is awesome never tried the G one...

#17432 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Take that a step further, do you, or do you not have a Predator machine, whether functional, in parts, or otherwise? Built by Kevin, yourself, Elon Musk or anyone? It's a simple question.

LMAO he isn't gonna answer. Heck I wouldn't either (and not because I am a Michigander). This is the guy that rebuilt a BBB taken from a curb for garbage and now it is minty (except for the standup near the left ramp was not registering).
My 1000 foot view: go after Hilton to get your money back since he was a huge advocate for investing in Skit-B. Or atleast ask that he buy the pizza. And, if you believe that he was offered a machine that he paid for and turned it down then you might be a couple crayons short of a full box.

#17433 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

LMAO he isn't gonna answer. Heck I wouldn't either (and not because I am a Michigander). This is the guy that rebuilt a BBB taken from a curb for garbage and now it is minty (except for the standup near the left ramp was not registering).
My 1000 foot view: go after Hilton to get your money back since he was a huge advocate for investing in Skit-B. Or atleast ask that he buy the pizza. And, if you believe that he was offered a machine that he paid for and turned it down then you might be a couple crayons short of a full box.

Thats kind of my point. No, he won't answer. There's a reason for that and I think most can make the reasonable deduction from that. I'm purely an outsider and have no stake in any way. Not a buyer or friends with either. Looking from a pure unbiased point-of-view I have my opinion as to whether or not he has a machine. It's honestly pretty simple to deduce. I agree Hilton carried the pom poms for way too long. However, if he knows of someone that has a machine and is hiding it, he's got every right to be pissed. To say he owes anyone monetarily is a stretch at best.

#17434 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Thats kind of my point. No, he won't answer. There's a reason for that and I think most can make the reasonable deduction from that. I'm purely an outsider and have no stake in any way. Not a buyer or friends with either. Looking from a pure unbiased point-of-view I have my opinion as to whether or not he has a machine. It's honestly pretty simple to deduce. I agree Hilton carried the pom poms for way too long. However, if he knows of someone that has a machine and is hiding it, he's got every right to be pissed. To say he owes anyone monetarily is a stretch at best.

+1

#17435 6 years ago

Rumor CONtrol: supposedly, another pinball manufacturer got their hands on Predator #9 or 10 so they could reverse engineer it.

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

#17436 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

At the time I knew little to nothing about the whole predator thing. It's been a number of years so it's hard to remember exactly when I knew about tim, but the day I went over there in general I didn't know anything about the whole fiasco and never heard the name tim fife. It was just a rare game that somebody suggest I should go look at while it was viewable. when I saw the machine It looked amazing. The software seemed a little lacking but other than that it looks like a production game. It was very attractive. After seeing it and doing a google, I understood more. I think if Kevin had been able to make them, it would've been a hit. He just had to upgrade the software but cosmetically it was pretty cool.

I'm not really sure why it really matters. Somebody called me and I got to go see a rare machine. I didn't realize that it was some kind a weird thing that everybody would be upset about. I got to look at it and examine it and play it without the confusion of it being at a show. I hardly think there was anything wrong with doing that. For me it was a unique opportunity to see something I've never seen before. One was at the Michigan pinball Expo and I unfortunately didn't go that year. So My knowledge of the game till this point was about nil.

This will end my postings about this machine. I've contributed all the information I have to offer. And it seems people just get upset when I do that. So I guess there's not much point in me adding anything

#17437 6 years ago

Since WhysNow was banned from this thread for 5 days, I'm picturing him furiously replying to every message in a Windows Notepad file. Prepare for a FLOOD of his posts in a few days as he copies and pastes all his late replies to the recent posts in here. So funny that he cannot respond to Clay within seconds with some sort of dispute of the facts as he imagines them.

#17438 6 years ago

speaking of "he who was banned", he texted me this yesterday:

"i am not sure why you want to protect your buddy. being subpoenaed to federal court is not a fun way to waste a day in my experience."

as I've stated multiple times before I don't have any knowledge of anything that wasn't gained by the internet or hearsay (which is inadmissible in court). when I spoken with keith nathanson, I explained this to him as well. pulling me into court would just be another waste of time and money, but something that hilton seems hell bent on doing regardless of the outcome or the expense

#17439 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

speaking of "he who was banned", he texted me this yesterday:
"i am not sure why you want to protect your buddy. being subpoenaed to federal court is not a fun way to waste a day in my experience."
as I've stated multiple times before I don't have any knowledge of anything that wasn't gained by the internet or hearsay (which is inadmissible in court). when I spoken with keith nathanson, I explained this to him as well. pulling me into court would just be another waste of time and money, but something that hilton seems hell bent on doing regardless of the outcome or the expense

I'd at least contact the police about the text in case you pursue harassment charges.

#17443 6 years ago

Christ, this dumpster is like one of those gag birthday candles that just keeps relighting itself.

#17446 6 years ago

I heard someone in Wisconsin got a couple of playfields for marketing, hum...Wonder if they are going to auction them off?

#17447 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I heard someone in Wisconsin got a couple of playfields for marketing, hum...Wonder if they are going to auction them off?

All they need to do is turn them in to mr. "he who was banned" for proper disposition.

#17448 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Christ, this dumpster is like one of those gag birthday candles that just keeps relighting itself.

That's just the liquor calling the shots.

#17449 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

That's just the liquor calling the shots.

A lot of people don't know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor, you lose.

#17450 6 years ago

Yes--always drink with the grain. Just like sanding wood.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 349 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/349?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.