Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 366.
#17101 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm only halfway through, your Honor, but she sounds flustered. I can't help but think she's nervous and near tears, your Honor.
We "lauded" Keith and he "relished" it though, your Honor. On Pinside, your Honor.

I cringed when she wedged herself in to the little inside joke between the judge and Keith in the first minute. It felt like a scene from The Office when Michael tries to include himself in things.

#17102 1 year ago

She DOES use the Chewbacca defense (using off-topic arguments in order to distract)! At 32:00 minutes in! Johnny Cochran would be proud

#17103 1 year ago

I can see both sides, but I have a feeling that the judge will agree with a summary judgement against VirtuaPin's allegation.

Keith argued that the statements about business dealings and cross marketing done by VirtuaPin (Maletich stating that games were going to be completed) were not libelous and part of the court proceedings and within the purview of the case. Keith stated that the comments were germane to the case and not like he was making random statements (such as a person liked to rob banks in their free time).

Maletich's attorney claimed that, due to this case and comments by the trustee and Keith have irreparably harmed VirtuaPin and business is down as a result. (Although, some may argue that virtuapin's business may have started to wane before this whole thing.)

The judge even stated that in the day and age of the internet filings can make their way online and that case law has not kept up with technology in that fact. Filings before were public but it took more effort to disseminate them, but now they make it online quickly. Although, he stated that Keith's filing was too long and "...could have only done the first five paragraphs or so, and the last couple to wrap it up, and a default judgement would have been entered because you had everything you needed..."

#17104 1 year ago

Why do I get the weird feeling the judge is on the Kulek payroll?

#17105 1 year ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I cringed when she wedged herself in to the little inside joke between the judge and Keith in the first minute. It felt like a scene from The Office when Michael tries to include himself in things.

I hate to say it because it sounds sexist but in an audio only listen she sort of sounded like she was being flirtatious at times with the banter she was doing to win favor with the judge.

#17106 1 year ago

"She loves coming."

What a way to start the recording...

#17107 1 year ago

One thing that should be pointed out bluntly, if VirtuaPin is not doing well selling virtual pinball machines it likely has very little to do with the Skit-B disaster. People are re-discovering real tactile pinball and are getting away from video representations of games and instead are seeking the real thing. If I wanted to play video pinball I would simply play on a Playstation. That is how I re-discovered pinball in the first place.

#17108 1 year ago

VirtuaPin/Paul did all of the damage to his company with his OWN words

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=noahfentz

The fact that he stood behind Predator with $$$$ to gain and then we find out he took over 100k of pre-order money and did so with multiple checks of <10k made his motives abundantly clear. (Seriously, why would anyone take MANY individual checks for just under 10k at one time unless they are trying to hide something)

This lack of ethics is what has impacted his business.

he made his bed on his own! Period.

I explained to him that his best course of action was to be truthful and up front with the community (if he had been duped by SkitB which it is now abundantly clear that he was part of the group actively duping) and then they would support him and it would in fact grow his business. He spoke to me on the phone and denied taking anything but minimal deposits from SkitB. He gave me the poor me story of investing lots of money to move his business and buy more equipment just to build 250 Predator cabinents.

It was after this that it came to light he actually took over 100k of our money and only delivered 10 cabinents for an unlicensed machine he had previously gaurenteed was licensed in order to keep people in and ensure he could get more money from Kevin.

I would have personally supported Virtupin and his business if he had be up front and truthful with the community instead of lying to each and every one of us repeatedly.

#17109 1 year ago

"They think my clients were involved because of the statements made by the trustee and Mr. Nathanson."

No, it's because your client said so in this thread.

#17110 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hate to say it because it sounds sexist but in an audio only listen she sort of sounded like she was being flirtatious at times with the banter she was doing to win favor with the judge.

It's amusing at the end when the judge rebuffed her attempts to reply she reverts to "valley speak"... "Fer sure"

#17111 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

VPin (resized).jpg

#17112 1 year ago

This argument over defamation seems crazy to me. So, can counsel for Virtua Pin now be sued for slandering Keith? She's accused him of being unethical in open court, and those statements are now "all over the internet." Furthermore, she knew they were going to end up on the internet. Where do you draw the line?

These safe harbors for defamation are there for a reason, so that people can litigate without having to worry about being sued for defamation. The court really needs to consider the chilling effect a ruling adverse to the trustee may have.

#17113 1 year ago

85% chance the judge rules litigation privilege and dismisses the case. One thing any attorney or lay person can conclude ... the counter claim is nonsensical.

#17114 1 year ago

I'll never spend a penny with virtua pin.

#17115 1 year ago

It seemed like there was a little flirting going on between both her AND the judge. Just weird.

I liked the judge a lot in the beginning. Now it seems like he has something against Keith? I don't feel as good about this as I once did.

It was super annoying when she did that little laugh before every statement she made.

#17116 1 year ago

"Which my clients couldn't, weren't going to respond to because they didn't even respond to the complaint. So it's basically that they knew there would be no response to it and then just put whatever I feel like in there, that's what it feels like your Honor."

Like arguing with my wife.

#17117 1 year ago

So just jumping in this thread pretty late. Can anyone summarize what's happening? Who is getting sued and why etc? Thanks

#17118 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I liked the judge a lot in the beginning. Now it seems like he has something against Keith? I don't feel as good about this as I once did.

Me too. However, now it just seems to be giving way too much leeway to the Kuleks and the other defendants and he isn't willing to bring the hammer down on them.

#17119 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

So just jumping in this thread pretty late. Can anyone summarize what's happening? Who is getting sued and why etc? Thanks

Check the big list of key posts at the top of the thread.

#17120 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Me too. However, now it just seems to be giving way too much leeway to the Kuleks and the other defendants and he isn't willing to bring the hammer down on them.

Yup. This has taken a bizarre turn. hopefully we're just reading too much into it..

#17121 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

now it just seems to be giving way too much leeway to the Kuleks and the other defendants and he isn't willing to bring the hammer down on them.

Agree 100%. I just don't understand why that is. At first I thought the judge was just letting the ramblings continue to give them enough rope to hang themselves. Now it seems he has no intention of bringing justice to this case.

#17122 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'll never spend a penny with virtua pin.

In case you haven't listened to the latest audio, it's posts like the above that are being brought up (and submitted as part of their argument) as proof that Keith is hurting VP's business. (I'm not saying it's valid, but it is part of the proceedings).

#17123 1 year ago

Big mistake for Keith to come here and pander to crowd in this thread.

#17124 1 year ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

In case you haven't listened to the latest audio, it's posts like the above that are being brought up (and submitted as part of their argument) as proof that Keith is hurting VP's business. (I'm not saying it's valid, but it is part of the proceedings).

Yeah, I wont ever spend a penny with virtuapin but it ONLY has to do with this.

Quoted from NoahFentz:

Hi Guys!
I just wanted to drop in and say that I would not be building cabinets and printing and applying decals for a project that's not fully licensed!
Anyone that knows me knows I won't even consider touching unlicensed projects!
Speculation can now rest.
Pre-owners can certainly look forward to receiving their PREDATORS.
Thank you.

#17125 1 year ago

A question for those in the legal profession.

What happens if the case keeps dragging out and it looks like there isn't nearly enough recoverable money to take care of the legal fees?

#17126 1 year ago

I stopped listening to the updates because the judge was driving me crazy. Like most, I also thought that he was being overly lenient towards the Kuleks, but figured it was just his way of letting them paint themselves into a corner. I no longer feel that way. It looks like he is bending over backwards to accommodate them, despite the many lies they've told in court. (Keith showing up at their house with a gun, Pinside being an adult site catering to pedos, etc.)

#17127 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Big mistake for Keith to come here and pander to crowd in this thread.

Yep...I like Keith, but I said this very early on...mistake to be on Pinside.

#17128 1 year ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

And also why the argument is ridiculous. Would someone sue news companies for covering the case and reporting on it's activities? Or how about suing the TV station for reporting on police filings?

The fact the information is available outside the courtroom is because it's a matter of public record. The fact the public sees the public record and reflects poorly on them is a matter of BOO F$#%$ HOO for VirtuaPin.

#17129 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And also why the argument is ridiculous. Would someone sue news companies for covering the case and reporting on it's activities? Or how about suing the TV station for reporting on police filings?
The fact the information is available outside the courtroom is because it's a matter of public record. The fact the public sees the public record and reflects poorly on them is a matter of BOO F$#%$ HOO for VirtuaPin.

The standard for news/public figures is a little different but your point about the record being public is right. There's no new standard at play. A newspaper could go in and report on the case and it makes no difference. Nor should it matter if the pleadings are more detailed than required or customary. As long as there is a nexus to the suit and it's not flat-out baseless, the allegations should be protected.

If you make the standard too rigid then the system doesn't work because litigants are chilled from making claims that are based on fact, even if ultimately not successful. If you risk a defamation claim simply because you're not ultimately successful, then the standards are turned on their head.

Not only that but Federal Court's are shifting to require MORE detailed pleadings. Saying to little can lead to a defective pleading.

There are just SO many things wrong with making a defamation claim BASED ON PLEADINGS IN COURT too easy. I hope the Court puts a law clerk on this or the pleadings go well beyond the oral argument because if the Court gets this wrong it's setting a bad precident.

What a mess.

#17130 1 year ago

Someone should take this thread and turn it into an audio book voiced by James Earl Jones.

#17131 1 year ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

The standard for news/public figures is a little different but your point about the record being public is right. .

I don't think so... people gathering the court records and making them available or summaries are reporting on the details of a newsworthy topic for the community. The fact Others have opinion or commentary because they have consumed that information is available is just life. Just like people would have opinions after watching a tv segment or reading the paper. The complaint from both sets of knuckleheads is those details end up on a website... because they want the information suppressed. Sorry, not how it works... and for great reasons too. The transparency of the courts protects us all.

#17132 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think so... people gathering the court records and making them available or summaries are reporting on the details of a newsworthy topic for the community. The fact Others have opinion or commentary because they have consumed that information is available is just life. Just like people would have opinions after watching a tv segment or reading the paper. The complaint from both sets of knuckleheads is those details end up on a website... because they want the information suppressed. Sorry, not how it works... and for great reasons too. The transparency of the courts protects us all.

I don't disagree with you at the core, I was responding to your comment about suing news organizations. The standards there are a little different than the exception afforded to litigants in a lawsuit (which deals with the "litigation privilege"). See New York Times v. Sullivan, etc. for the general law on news organizations.

#17133 1 year ago

I know this isn't exactly what you guys are referring to, but it would be comical for the anyone to come after me or c508 for posting the court records.

In my opinion, Virtuapin's business is dead partly because he is a slimy dude who tried to take advantage of Kevin by pretending to be a mentor when in reality he was only trying to further Virtuapin and his own selfish goals.

Remember when I posted that he took in over $100k from Kevin, and Virtuapin claimed I was wrong? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/237#post-3358057

#17134 1 year ago

"Not sure where you got that figure, but it's incorrect."

Love how he kept on with saying that the information was 'incorrect' but never actually offered the 'correct' information.

#17135 1 year ago

No one who has seen Pulp Fiction is "going after" wolfmarsh ...

And everyone knows Bill the Cat is crazy!

#17136 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't think so... people gathering the court records and making them available or summaries are reporting on the details of a newsworthy topic for the community... The complaint from both sets of knuckleheads is those details end up on a website... because they want the information suppressed. Sorry, not how it works... and for great reasons too. The transparency of the courts protects us all.

Yep!

If anyone is interested in a deeper analysis I recommend this law review article:

Meliah Thomas, The First Amendment Right of Access to Docket Sheets, 94 Cal. L. Rev. 1537 (2006).

Available at: http://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1249&context=californialawreview

#17137 1 year ago

Just because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character.

#17138 1 year ago

"Yer hon-ORE . . . . you know . . . uh . . . we feel like . . . you know . . . . yer hon-ORE . . . you know . . . uhm . . . o-KAYYYY?. . . . you know . . . fur sure . . . (giggle) . . . you know . . . (pages rattling . . . desperately is looking for 'words') . . . the court should . . . you know . . Yes! Your hon-ORE!!! . . . (blush) . . . . (hem) . . . (haw) . . . (Valley school girl giggle) . . . . Thank you, yur hon-ORE . . . I was just trying to . . . .

"Good Day. Court's adjourned."

#17139 1 year ago

She sounds like an amalgamation of every Kristen Wiig SNL character.***

*** Please don't sue me, miss litigious!

#17140 1 year ago

All they are trying to do, is sue for deformation that way they won't have to hand over the $100k they received.

Remember that money is owed to creditors mums and dads the damage to virtuapin is he is ripping people off by not paying back the money he received

Let him go and get an honest job, or repay and beg forgiveness.

People should email her what they think

#17141 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

And the fact that Robin has made very clear that this is a family friendly website.

This couldn't possibly be an adult website. The first bylaw is "be nice".

#17142 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This couldn't possibly be an adult website. The first bylaw is "be nice".

I dunno, people are pretty nice to each other on those adult websites.

#17143 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion?tq&tu=noahfentz
The fact that he stood behind Predator with $$$$ to gain and then we find out he took over 100k of pre-order money and did so with multiple checks of <10k made his motives abundantly clear. (Seriously, why would anyone take MANY individual checks for just under 10k at one time unless they are trying to hide something)
This lack of ethics is what has impacted his business.
he made his bed on his own! Period.
I explained to him that his best course of action was to be truthful and up front with the community (if he had been duped by SkitB which it is now abundantly clear that he was part of the group actively duping) and then they would support him and it would in fact grow his business. He spoke to me on the phone and denied taking anything but minimal deposits from SkitB. He gave me the poor me story of investing lots of money to move his business and buy more equipment just to build 250 Predator cabinents.
It was after this that it came to light he actually took over 100k of our money and only delivered 10 cabinents for an unlicensed machine he had previously gaurenteed was licensed in order to keep people in and ensure he could get more money from Kevin.
I would have personally supported Virtupin and his business if he had be up front and truthful with the community instead of lying to each and every one of us repeatedly.

Downvoted only because transfers of money dont always indicate questionable intent. Some people don't want the govt in their business. Spot on otherwise.

#17144 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Downvoted only because transfers of money dont always indicate questionable intent. Some people don't want the govt in their business. Spot on otherwise.

This is true, but it's kind of like how running from the police doesn't make you guilty. You wind up looking guilty if you have mud on your shoes.

#17145 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Really hurts the optimistic viewpoint when he argued the fact he even accepted the money in the first place, then vanished like a fart in the wind... aaand that's not even getting into the snazzy CNC machine!

But you didn't downvote him, so, have I been bamboozled again!?

#17146 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

wait... you are saying that when you pay for a large purchase that it is normal to make multiple payments via check on one day and make all those checks out to the same person for just under 10k? 9,900 then 9,900, then 9,900 then ...

That is not doing anything to keep the government out of your business. If anything it is inviting them in. Dont want them in your business then use cash for these sort of payments.

pretty obvious what they were trying to do here. pretty stupid also as their knowledge was based on urban myth to begin with.

#17147 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wait... you are saying that when you pay for a large purchase that it is normal to make multiple payments via check on one day and make all those checks out to the same person for just under 10k? 9,900 then 9,900, then 9,900 then ...
That is not doing anything to keep the government out of your business. If anything it is inviting them in. Dont want them in your business then use cash for these sort of payments.
pretty obvious what they were trying to do here. pretty stupid also as their knowledge was based on urban myth to begin with.

100% NOT urban myth. Any payment in cash or check over the amount of $10,000.00 must be reported by the business receiving such a payment.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8300.pdf

#17148 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

100% NOT urban myth. Any payment in cash or check over the amount of $10,000.00 must be reported by the business receiving such a payment.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8300.pdf

You are incorrect. Please read the details here: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p1544/ar02.html

#17149 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You are incorrect. Please read the details here: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p1544/ar02.html

I was correct that it was 100% not an urban myth.

I was incorrect about it be ANY payment of cash or check.

However, our Mr.Cabinet Maker will probably find himself in hot water with the IRS because he knew those payments were to skirt the IRS. In which case, he was REQUIRED to report it.

#17150 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I was correct that it was 100% not an urban myth.
I was incorrect about it be ANY payment of cash or check.
However, our Mr.Cabinet Maker will probably find himself in hot water with the IRS because he knew those payments were to skirt the IRS. In which case, he was REQUIRED to report it.

urban myth that by taking multiple payments under 10k means you dont have to report. Reality is that it does need to be reported and after things are done with the court case I would guess the IRS will be interested in talking with him about these transactions also?

"

What Payments Must Be Reported?

You must file Form 8300 to report cash paid to you if it is:

1.Over $10,000,

2.Received as:

1.One lump sum of over $10,000,

2.Installment payments that cause the total cash received within 1 year of the initial payment to total more than $10,000, or

3.Other previously unreportable payments that cause the total cash received within a 12-month period to total more than $10,000,

3.Received in the course of your trade or business,

4.Received from the same buyer (or agent), and

5.Received in a single transaction or in related transactions (defined later).

"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside