Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 366.
#17001 1 year ago

Is that Mr Frank's pond accoutrement??

#17002 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I only have experience with our Kentucky courts, but that kind of remark would have elicited a snarky comment from our judge and he would have blasted her for uttering such nonsense. He would have told her there were more things to be worried about than Halloween and get her ass to moving on fulfilling requirements of the court.
When listening to the tape and she made that comment, my brain said "Uh-oh . . . the judge is going to rip her head off for that Halloween comment." And then . . . he just mildly kept engaging in conversation with her. This is the most lenient judge I've ever seen. I was also taken aback when he scolded her and Keith when she made the comments about the gun, etc., and Keith retaliated. I thought the judge went too far in admonishing Keith. That too shocked me.

As I've said before, this is a Federal Judge in a Federal court. Way different than a State District Judge....

#17003 1 year ago

Wait, let me get this straight. Mama Kulek is afraid of Halloween, but yet her daughter-in-law, allegedly, is a witch?

Also, what happened to the frail old woman, who struggled to breathe, that couldn't even move a chair in the courtroom? The theatrics going on with the entire Kulek clan is unbelievable. Mama Kulek gets all of her mail except for anything from the Trustee? Seriously?

Listening to the last recording really started to piss me off. It's time for the games to stop and it could. The Kulek clan needs to come clean and own this entire feces show. They perpetrated it and need to live with the consequences, whatever they may be. If they wish it to end, they are the only ones that can make that happen.

#17004 1 year ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I am 10 minutes in, but there is some good stuff in this audio. Def worth a listen.
Mama Kulek is pathetic.

Quick recap:
"Your honor I'm a mom"

#17005 1 year ago

The judge is trying to remain unbiased. This is still bankruptcy court, where most of the proceedings are with meek and repentant wretches seeking a fresh start, not with accomplished grifters. Just let them keep digging their hole, it makes any eventual criminal proceedings more likely and much more delicious.

tenor (resized).png

#17006 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

"I need to leave Michigan before Halloween...I don't like Halloween, so I'm going to California."
Which begs the most obvious question...does California not celebrate Halloween?

I can't blame her. Imagine Halloween night and everytime the doorbell rings... a little masked Predator could be there.

#17007 1 year ago

We should all dress up like Keith the Lawyer Zombies and knock on her door all night......LOL.

John

#17008 1 year ago

Cannot believe she mentioned she was a sucker fisherman. Gotta wonder if that was a comment with hidden meaning...

pasted_image (resized).png

#17009 1 year ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Gotta wonder if that was a comment with hidden meaning...

I don't think she's clever enough to hide a meaning. She doesn't seem to be able to find meaning either.

I too feel the judge is being a bit too lenient but I have to assume he knows what he's doing. He doesn't seem fooled by the noise.

#17010 1 year ago

Is the judge's perceived leniency the fact that this is bankruptcy court and he's there to help people navigate through this and move on past it, not get all punitive about it?

He obviously treated the house as an asset bought with Kevin's money, he didn't give Amanda any wiggle room, it was treated as done deal that she should pay the trustee money, the number was the only thing up for debate.

The RV is trashed, I'm going to guess with evidence that it is now "gone", there is nothing left to claw back, so then all we're talking about with Kathy is $1000 which I'm guessing he'd let slide pretty easily.

There is a much bigger case obviously than this bankruptcy court.

#17011 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is the judge's perceived leniency the fact that this is bankruptcy court and he's there to help people navigate through this and move on past it, not get all punitive about it?
He obviously treated the house as an asset bought with Kevin's money, he didn't give Amanda any wiggle room, it was treated as done deal that she should pay the trustee money, the number was the only thing up for debate.
The RV is trashed, I'm going to guess with evidence that it is now "gone", there is nothing left to claw back, so then all we're talking about with Kathy is $1000 which I'm guessing he'd let slide pretty easily.
There is a much bigger case obviously than this bankruptcy court.

I believe the Judge was swayed by the whole Trustee asking 25k.. and being valued at 1/10th of that. I think that hurt Keith vs Momma in the sympathy column. I don't understand why the Judge is playing Legal Advisor too.. instead of just saying "you should get representation".

#17012 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I believe the Judge was swayed by the whole Trustee asking 25k.. and being valued at 1/10th of that. I think that hurt Keith vs Momma in the sympathy column. I don't understand why the Judge is playing Legal Advisor too.. instead of just saying "you should get representation".

I am surprised that the trustee has not subpoeneaed the previous owner of the trailer to get their signed statement fo what they sold it for? If it was even a penny over the $250 mama K is claiming then she is in trouble.

Going on book value, it seems to have been worth atleast $2500 at minimum.

#17013 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am surprised that the trustee has not subpoeneaed the previous owner of the trailer to get their signed statement fo what they sold it for? If it was even a penny over the $250 mama K is claiming then she is in trouble.
Going on book value, it seems to have been worth atleast $2500 at minimum.

And to whom they sold it to!

#17014 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

yes! 100%

#17015 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Is this public record?

#17016 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is this public record?

No.

#17017 1 year ago

Does it matter if the RV was trashed? If it was paid for illicitly (or transferred illicitly) then wouldn't they be on the hook for whatever the value/cost was?

Quoted from frolic:

#17018 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Is this public record?

guessing it is easily pulled from title transfer records?

grab VIN and then subpoena previous owner for statement?

#17019 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

then wouldn't they be on the hook for whatever the value/cost was?

Yes, that doesn't just go away. I think the point was that nobody is going to be estimating value in it's current condition. Only thing you can do is try to dig up what they actually originally paid for it so you can piece another part of "where the money went".

#17020 1 year ago

Unless they got a fraudulent receipt for less than paid to avoid taxes when you register it.

#17021 1 year ago

If there is a title to the trailer there is a paper trail. If it was ever insured there is a paper trail.

#17022 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

Does it matter if the RV was trashed? If it was paid for illicitly (or transferred illicitly) then wouldn't they be on the hook for whatever the value/cost was?

I think it does, because in the bankruptcy they are only looking at existing assets than can be liquidated for money. So they are looking at:

House
Camera equipment
Trailer

There's no talk about the rest of the money that just vanished. Although obviously a civil trial would, but this isn't it.

#17023 1 year ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Unless they got a fraudulent receipt for less than paid to avoid taxes when you register it.

Which happens a lot.

I was selling a car quite a few years ago to a kid with a buddy at the notary place. His buddy asked him how much he wanted to buy my car for on the paperwork.

I told both of them I wasn't signing anything that was false and what they did after I left was on them.

One can only imagine how that went down after my departure.

#17024 1 year ago

If they get money from the government (FEMA or whom ever) for the flood damage to the trailer and/or house, is that money available to be used as an asset instead of the items?

#17025 1 year ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Which happens a lot.
I was selling a car quite a few years ago to a kid with a buddy at the notary place. His buddy asked him how much he wanted to buy my car for on the paperwork.
I told both of them I wasn't signing anything that was false and what they did after I left was on them.
One can only imagine how that went down after my departure.

I think PA even has a form the notary makes you sign if the selling price is way off the value of the vehicle, essentially saying "I promise I'm not lying about the sale price to avoid sales tax."

(dad was a notary for many years)

#17026 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

I think PA even has a form the notary makes you sign if the selling price is way off the value of the vehicle, essentially saying "I promise I'm not lying about the sale price to avoid sales tax."
(dad was a notary for many years)

WV has this as well.

#17027 1 year ago

"We're just waiting for the hammer to fall"

#17028 1 year ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Now why would someone do something like that ? Don't you enjoy paying tax on something used that tax was already paid on!

#17029 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think it does, because in the bankruptcy they are only looking at existing assets than can be liquidated for money. So they are looking at:
House
Camera equipment
Trailer
There's no talk about the rest of the money that just vanished. Although obviously a civil trial would, but this isn't it.

No... the reason they are looking at the assets (that were bought with the tainted money) is because that becomes something that can be directly transfered or liquidated. They can't have the party say 'I don't have any money' and having to fight for blood from a stone when the asset that the funds were converted into is available.

The fraudulent transfer doesn't go away... it just becomes harder to recover into something worth it.

... which is the interesting part. How much has been spent in court time and fees to chase what is a few grand at most? What is recovered is consumed by the trustee's cost first... at some point this becomes just a grind exercise. Which I wonder if that is part of what is feeding what looks like a lack of pressure from the judge.

#17030 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

... which is the interesting part. How much has been spent in court time and fees to chase what is a few grand at most?

Well yeah that's basically the question of the entire case and last 100+ pages of this thread.

#17031 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What is recovered is consumed by the trustee's cost first... at some point this becomes just a grind exercise. Which I wonder if that is part of what is feeding what looks like a lack of pressure from the judge.

The buyers already have nothing to show for their pre-order deposits, so even if the attorney's fees end up consuming everything recovered the buyers are no worse off (other than the ones that hired the attorney).

At least Kevin and the others involved get hassled and end up with less.

#17032 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The buyers already have nothing to show for their pre-order deposits, so even if the attorney's fees end up consuming everything recovered the buyers are no worse off (other than the ones that hired the attorney).
At least Kevin and the others involved get hassled and end up with less.

I get that from OUR POV... but at what point does the Trustee interject and say stop chasing pennies?

#17033 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I get that from OUR POV... but at what point does the Trustee interject and say stop chasing pennies?

Asking a lawyer to not bill hours? That has to be rare.

#17034 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Asking a lawyer to not bill hours? That has to be rare.

Big difference between 'bill' and 'collect'...

#17035 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Good point.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside