Topic Stats

• 18,301 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,544 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 367.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Here you go, the 30-second summary:

thank you very much, that was quite helpful.

#1652 4 years ago

I think the doom & gloom on pinside is sadly legit.

To say it's negative here is a sign of the times in Pinball rather than the mindset of some forum folk.

Stern makes unfinished games. JJP releases 1 title per what 4-5 years? DP turned into a trainwreck. Jpop seems MIA. VonnieD couldnt even get the website countdown right. SkitB is a huge mess now & with the exception of Spooky all other manufacturers have shipped NOTHING.

Be positive all you want. I'm gonna be real. Shit is shitty right now lol

#1653 4 years ago

And there's nothing shittier than shitty shit...

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think the doom & gloom on pinside is sadly legit. To say it's negative here is a sign of the times in Pinball rather than the mindset of some forum folk.

I would agree with that. It's easy to point the fingers at Pinside, but the attitudes on the site are just a reflection of the frustration that people are feeling these days for many legitimate reasons. When people have large sums of money on the line with complete uncertainty about whether or not they will ever get anything to show for it, you can't blame them for becoming cynical.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Kevin sent a note saying "there have been many recent actions by
certain parties that threaten the very existence of everything I've done to
keep this project going for the past few years"
****** that made some people nervous
Kevin also said, "no matter what, nobody is going to
get left out to dry on this one, I can promise you that."
****** that made some people less nervous
Some anonymous folks said(among other things), "SkitB does not have a valid license for the pinball and that Fox has served Kevin with a C&D which he ignored. And, an expose is forthcoming- The sky *IS* falling"
SpfxdTed called Kevin and passed along "The game is being made. The license is ok. Cant go into details NOW, but in 2 weeks time all will be made clear. Dont panic"
****** that made people less nervous
In between all that, I called Whysnow a boob, he called me a troll. Rinse, repeat and that is about the sum of all things.

This is the first time this guy actually posted something factual...

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is the first time this guy actually posted something factual...

If that's the case, give him a thumbs up and encourage him!

#1657 4 years ago

Perhaps the 2 week wait is because the license is tied to the reboot/sequel that has been teased a couple times?

Edit: I am not in on the game but I do like Predator and Pinball so I am interested in it.

#1658 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If that's the case, give him a thumbs up and encourage him!

Yeah.. I was thinking of another digit.

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Given how disappointed you get with non-buyers making negative comments in this thread, I am always surprised to see you popping up in MMr threads with nothing good to say. Undermines your point.

see, here you are trolling again.

The truth is by and large I have been avoiding all MMR talk. I did chime in the other day when the guy whom loaned his machine to Rick could not even get a return call for over a month. That is less MMr and just common respect when you borrow something like a 10k machine to be better with communication.

Aside from that, I have been staying out of MMr stuff even though I have more knowledge than many about some of the current issues/delays.

#1661 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is by and large a more negative place and all doom and gloom so it is hard to blame an artist and developer from going underground. Kevin does not owe anything to anyone besides those that paid in. It may be a bad business idea, but he definately does not owe it to pinside to come here.

The only threads that have any negativity to them are the ones where money was taken and product was not delivered. Simple as that. 99.9% of the threads on here are not doom and gloom. It tends to be the threads involving companies who took money (in some cases, over a million dollars) and didn't deliver the product and continue to break their own promises that are full of this kind of energy.

Stop redirecting Skit-B's failures on people who are upset about the situation. Let them be frustrated. Without this forum these people would not have a voice. To be quite honest, without this forum people would not be able to get the refunds they've requested. People are being ignored for THREE MONTHS after requesting a refund? They come here and they can actually get WHAT THEY WERE PROMISED AND NOT BE IGNORED BY SKIT-B. Thank you Pinside.

What do you want people to do? There are 250 people who were promised a game and Kevin doesn't write or call most of them back. And once again, there are more people piling up who aren't being given refunds let alone a reply to an email. Then some guy on here, who isn't even in on the game calls Kevin and gets to talk to him for 10 minutes, and has the entire situation explained to him?! It is not about Kevin owing Pinside. It is all about being fair to people and communicating after taking their money. I assure you, Kevin owes them THAT, yet is choosing to ignore them.

So I will flip your comment around and see how you like it: Pinside doesn't owe Kevin/Skit-B jack shit. If you don't like the threads here, go away. Start your own forum, and see how much fun it is to run one. Stop trying to gaslight everybody here and lumping them into this big pile that you label "doom and gloom" because you are distorting reality.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Many people here don't seem to realize the difference in providing constructive critisisim and just plain being a critic.

Exactly. Finally there is something we agree on. You are right. You can't see the difference between providing constructive criticism and just plain being a critic. Thank you for pointing this out.

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

see, here you are trolling again.
The truth is by and large I have been avoiding all MMR talk. I did chime in the other day when the guy whom loaned his machine to Rick could not even get a return call for over a month. That is less MMr and just common respect when you borrow something like a 10k machine to be better with communication.
Aside from that, I have been staying out of MMr stuff even though I have more knowledge than many about some of the current issues/delays.

then why not post what you know? If you are in a thread and have something to add, add it.

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

then why not post what you know? If you are in a thread and have something to add, add it.

because it quickly just becomes more fodder for the haters. The issues will likely get worked out. Similar to here where people take a mole hill and make a mountain out of it, why even give them the mole hill? Better off to just let the manufacturer work it out and get it right as I am sure they will over time. I also assume that if they don't then the first batch will let them know about it pretty quickly.

#1664 4 years ago

Whyisnow I agree w/Taylor. Either state what you know or state nothing about it

Leave the vague comments to SkitB

PS not trying to pile it on ya man

#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Then some guy on here, who isn't even in on the game calls Kevin and gets to talk to him for 10 minutes, and has the entire situation explained to him?!

What difference does it make if I am "in on the game" or not. I'm trying to help. I found a card with Kevin's phone number on it and decided to call and ask a few questions. I can only report what I was told. I hope things get worked out.

#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What difference does it make if I am "in on the game" or not. I'm trying to help.

Ha! Everyone knows that the ONLY time being "in on the game" is important is if you're saying something NEGATIVE! You're actually trying to HELP, so that criteria is no longer relevant.

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is by and large a more negative place and all doom and gloom

Where are you hanging out (just this thread)? I think this place is great and come here to converse with whole lot of upbeat, happy-go-lucky people. It usually puts a smile on my face or even makes me laugh. I love this hobby and even more the people in it. I've made a lot of new friends because of this site.

It's a happy place for me (BTW...I just ignore the douchebags).

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, still the same haters trolling for more reactions...

The technical term for lowpeg is not "Troll" and "Leech" is too kind.

I am struggling to find his definition for my role playing game days. There was a Demon feeding on negative energy and despair, aggravating drama and festering on spiritual wounds (was it D&D? Or another RPG game?). Cannot remember its name though.

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Ha! Everyone knows that the ONLY time being "in on the game" is important is if you're saying something NEGATIVE!

#1670 4 years ago

Off Topic! We got some snow here....more tonight!

IMG_4150.JPG IMG_4153.JPG
#1671 4 years ago

I like Snow! Ted Snow?
Why Snow? I like Whysnow too!

I also like Green Eggs and Ham!

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

So I will flip your comment around and see how you like it: Pinside doesn't owe Kevin/Skit-B jack shit. If you don't like the threads here, go away. Start your own forum, and see how much fun it is to run one. Stop trying to gaslight everybody here and lumping them into this big pile that you label "doom and gloom" because you are distorting reality.

Whysnow also seems to love throwing the word "hater" around a lot.

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The technical term for lowpeg is not "Troll" and "Leech" is too kind.
I am struggling to find his definition for my role playing game days. There was a Demon feeding on negative energy and despair, aggravating drama and festering on spiritual wounds (was it D&D? Or another RPG game?). Cannot remember its name though.

:eyeroll:

I'm sure you'll figure it out...

august-13-2012.jpg

#1675 4 years ago

jeeze Ted, buy a grill cover!

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

jeeze Ted, buy a grill cover!

Have one! It blew off!...and got buried!
...too busy power watching House of Cards to look for it...

#1677 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I think its a Succubus that your looking for, but I think those are always female. Another term I've heard used is "wife".

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That's one hell of a hooka/bong in the middle of all of those chairs. Party at Ted's!!

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

IMG_4150.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_4153.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

WhySnow, Why?

image.jpg
#1680 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Some anonymous folks said(among other things), "SkitB does not have a valid license for the pinball and that Fox has served Kevin with a C&D which he ignored. And, an expose is forthcoming- The sky *IS* falling"
SpfxdTed called Kevin and passed along "The game is being made. The license is ok. Cant go into details NOW, but in 2 weeks time all will be made clear. Dont panic"
In between all that, I called Whysnow a boob, he called me a troll. Rinse, repeat and that is about the sum of all things.

Thanks. Can you come to the JPop thread and give us a summary there as well.

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because it quickly just becomes more fodder for the haters. The issues will likely get worked out. Similar to here where people take a mole hill and make a mountain out of it, why even give them the mole hill? Better off to just let the manufacturer work it out and get it right as I am sure they will over time. I also assume that if they don't then the first batch will let them know about it pretty quickly.

"likely get worked out." ugh. seriously?

You imply that you know something problematic about the build but won't open your mouth about it.

SMH.

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

hehehehehehehehe.....

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did chime in the other day when the guy whom loaned his machine to Rick could not even get a return call for over a month. That is less MMr and just common respect when you borrow something like a 10k machine to be better with communication.

Yeah, when the communication stops, it's just plain rude, eh?

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Yeah, when the communication stops, it's just plain rude, eh?

That's gonna leave a mark.

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What difference does it make if I am "in on the game" or not. I'm trying to help. I found a card with Kevin's phone number on it and decided to call and ask a few questions. I can only report what I was told. I hope things get worked out.

The only reason I referenced your involvement with the game was because there are people who have paid and want a refund, but Skit-B won't communicate with them at all. Sometimes for months. You're not in on the game, but you got a 10 minute phone call with Kevin. I hope that makes sense. I don't care who's in or out.

#1687 4 years ago

Gotcha! All good...

#1688 4 years ago

Next update has to show games built or in process for me, I'm trying to hang on here but its fading fast, almost like I don't care anymore. I really hope Kevin brings something to the table to regain my confidence but if not I think I'm done. I love pinball and this is a negative scenario that I don't want to think about anymore. 2 weeks

images.jpg
#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I think its a Succubus that your looking for, but I think those are always female. Another term I've heard used is "wife".

Or...perhaps more accurately..."Ex"-wife.

#1690 4 years ago

How can anyone feel comfortable with a company that wont communicate with its prebuyers or those that request a refund?

Here is a honest question, how many that are reading this thread are actually prebuyers? I for one am not, surprised?

How many are left? Sound off. Ive got to think after the delays, lack of communication and rumors abroad, that number has to have dwindled significantly. I know of four that were local to me ...and to my knowledge they have all bailed or are in the process of trying to recover their deposits.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

How many are left? Sound off. Ive got to think after the delays, lack of communication and rumors abroad, that number has to have dwindled significantly.

There aren't 250, I can tell you that. This notion that there was a long line of waiting list people is a myth.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

TaylorVA said:

because it quickly just becomes more fodder for the haters.

So very true and thumbs up for a spot on comment.

#1693 4 years ago

Well so much for waiting two weeks ...

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There aren't 250, I can tell you that. This notion that there was a long line of waiting list people is a myth.

People may decide to purchase one if they see them finally rolling off the production line and in basements.

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

People may decide to purchase one if they see them finally rolling off the production line and in basements.

What does that have to do with the number of people currently on a waiting list?

#1696 4 years ago

The waiting list might fill up once people see the first pin coming off the production line. The assumption is that the list is not already filled. 250 is not a lot.

#1697 4 years ago

I think if we start seeing some produced we should get an updated production order as I guess anyone still in will have moved up in the Que.

#1698 4 years ago

I don't know what their problems are, but I can tell you with utmost certainty what caused them:

This game was priced too cheap.

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't know what their problems are, but I can tell you with utmost certainty what caused them:
This game was priced too cheap.

probably true, IF there is another game, i can bet anything price difference will be at least 1k more... but for that it will need a lot more things/toys going on.

#1700 4 years ago

Just got caught up on this thread. Looks like the lesson of Dutch Pinball has already been forgotten.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Test item Out of stock
Pinside Shop
$ 12.99
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 18301 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 367.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside