Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 370.
#16701 6 years ago

Hold on. I was looking at the Kevin / Jamie picture earlier.

#16702 6 years ago

Grabbed another screenshot earlier before it disappeared.

sc1.jpgsc1.jpg
sc2.jpgsc2.jpg
sc3.jpgsc3.jpg

#16703 6 years ago

Wow, a pity party and call to arms to have folks help them out and repair and replace possessions they acquired through theft and fraud. I think I am going to puke. How much lower can they go?

#16704 6 years ago

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone believes Keith would contact or participate in a local news interview. His job is not to win publicity points from the public. He has to persuade exactly one person, that's the judge. Any other unwanted publicity would be at best a distraction from his case and at worse could engender sympathy for the debtor.

Honestly trying to contact a reporter and enact some sort of perceived justice in the media is not going to help. Let Keith do his job in court; which is the best case for any recovery.

If anything this flood might bring to light any property that Keith missed in his accounting.

And if the Kuleks did have insurance at all; maybe some of that insurance is against goods bought with predator money and Keith could get that.

I know it's satisfying to those defrauded to call out the fraud on social media but in reality I don't think it's helping he case at large.

#16705 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Honestly trying to contact a reporter and enact some sort of perceived justice in the media is not going to help

This is wrong. I have talked to Keith about it.

#16706 6 years ago

I can't wait for the next set of recordings...

#16707 6 years ago

I'm honestly amazed Whysnow isn't all over the reporter's request.

Seems like it's his chance to shine.

#16708 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Karma and mother nature got these lying bastards. But fuck, do we really need to facilitate a total ban on basic necessities for food and clothing? There are 5 kids involved. Let them hang out to dry through the courts and hopefully some jail time.

I believe there are some very good services that will take care of children, no matter what. As long as the proper agencies have been clued in, social services will provide. The only way the children will not be taken care of is if the parents/adults/legal guardians deny the children access to any assistance needed.

#16709 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I'm honestly amazed whysnow isn't all over the reporter's request.

Was on vacation yesterday. SPoke with the reporter while in the middle of golfing for about 5 min. Sounded like they wanted to skype immediately which I was not able to assist with. I guess they were looking to run a piece at 8p last night. I offered to sync up on wed when done with holiday, but she said she would be working it out yesterday. CHecking in now, it sounds like nobody else spoke with her?

#16710 6 years ago

She was looking for a local also which I tried to offer up names but did not have contact info for anyone in that area that was also duped by the kulek gang.

#16711 6 years ago

The imagination runs wild!!
Gramma Kulek with her long barrel.
Kevin with an AK and a pistol.
Loving wife with lighter and Molotov cocktail in hand.
And the children with slingshots and bolt cutters.

Happy 4th!! Everyone

#16712 6 years ago

News media seems like the avenue you'd take when first trying to get the situation out there and on the radar.

In this case, the judicial system is already fully engaged.

Not sure what really can be gained.

#16713 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

This is wrong. I have talked to Keith about it.

I am surprised to hear this. Usually the lawyers that run to the media are the ones trying criminal cases with obviously guilty clients. I would think what matters here is Keith presenting a facts based case that seems airtight. I know to us who are privy to Kevin's dealings directly that it seems like a slam dunk but to a judge; they seem to err on the side of caution to avoid a miscarriage of justice; that Keith would try an emotional appeal to journalists seems misguided. What would win the day is the forensic accounting, which cannot be defended with tears and excuses. The weight of the forensic accounting is what brought the Kuleks to agree to a loan against the home in the first place.

If I were a judge, and an agent of the estate went to the media, to me it would reinforce the plaintiffs argument that it's a "witch hunt".

#16714 6 years ago

^ Not sure how u have taken this view from the post "Mitch" made? I can't see anywhere in his post that implied Keith went to the media????

The media became aware of the story based on the comments left on their original news article. The media then contacted some of the posters to try and get more info.

From what I read of Mitch's post it implied Keith didn't seem to think it was a problem if someone who was burnt in the scam spoke to a reporter that was requesting info.

#16715 6 years ago
Quoted from Slash:

From what I read of Mitch's post it implied Keith didn't seem to think it was a problem if someone who was burnt in the scam spoke to a reporter that was requesting info

This^^^

#16716 6 years ago

From my viewpoint as a former TV news reporter and anchorman, I believe most reporters would see this as a rare opportunity (for this small town/area TV station) to zero in on a very unusual alleged fraud issue involving a LOCAL person. The flooding issue comes in second place for the meat of the story, and I wouldn't delve too far into the details of what the pinball fiasco was all about. At least not on my FIRST report. Too much for the audience to digest in a short story. Anything over 2:30 minutes is considered too long for attention spans.

Looking at it through a reporter's eyes, I would ask myself how many communities would have a potential crime over pinball machines, and perhaps approaching $1.5 million?!!! This has a unique angle which is three-fold:

1. UNUSUAL because of PINBALL machines, not your everyday topic.

2. The large amount of MONEY.

3. This involves just a family that hatched this 'alleged' scheme and not a large manufacturer or conglomerate.

When combining these three things you have a very tasty story, especially when looking at it as something that doesn't happen everyday, and right there in their viewing area. The charges in this case reach international scope, making it that much more intriguing.

If I was doing this story, I would want one interview with someone on the losing end of the scam to piece in the middle with no "entrapment" involved for the interviewee. No need to elaborate further there. Then, I would just report a short chronology of accusations and charges, courtroom events and outcomes, potential scope of how far and wide this alleged scheme covered, and then tag it with "We will keep you posted on this story as developments continue." You can't possibly do this story justice with just one report.

This makes for a tantalizing BIG news story for a small market TV station, and what we call 'teasers', to keep the viewing audience coming back to see more, and you could get MULTIPLE stories out of this. I am confident the reporter(s) would not be looking at boxing anyone interviewed into a corner. They are just looking for ratings. This kind of story would be a big feather in the cap of a young, rookie reporter such as this young lady covering it.

That's my take.
Mike in Kentucky

#16717 6 years ago

Defense should move to cross reverence names who also invested in the Elio car and the pogue carburetor. Just joking......but really? This seems to happen quite a bit here.

#16718 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I'm honestly amazed whysnow isn't all over the reporter's request.

If you look back through the thread whysnow was the biggest cheerleader.

Maybe he was an accomplice?

Maybe he has the missing $500,000!?

This is all just crazy speculation of course, just like the idea that anyone is going to get any financial compensation out of an unemployed man with 5 children,a flooded home and zero assets.

Dream on though. That's certainly what you were doing when you sent in 5 grand to a man in a barn for a game with awful art, a simple layout and lousy play.

The best thing a reporter could do is write "If you do not want to lose money DO NOT PREORDER PINBALL" somewhere in bold near the top.

#16719 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

This is all just crazy speculation of course, just like the idea that anyone is going to get any financial compensation out of an unemployed man with 5 children,a flooded home and zero assets.
Dream on though. That's certainly what you were doing when you sent in 5 grand to a man in a barn for a game with awful art, a simple layout and lousy play.
The best thing a reporter could do is write "If you do not want to lose money DO NOT PREORDER PINBALL" somewhere in bold near the top.

Pretty sure you missed the point, or just trolling for effect. So just leave them be is your answer? What a pathetic joke.

I'm sure your "friendly" advice is genuine, and you don't have any ulterior motives or anything...pfft

#16720 6 years ago

I know you live local. If you ever want to reveal whom you are in real life rather than hiding behind an internet avatar, I would love to meet up and play some pinball. I am guessing you would not make up such outlandish claims if you came out from hiding and actually interacted IRL.

With your avatar initials and recent increased trolling, it is sad to see that this is what you have become online when you used to be a worthwhile contributor.

#16721 6 years ago

The reporter told me they were removing the link

#16722 6 years ago

This incident will have zero impact on Amanda Kulek's ability to get a loan for the $30k. Assuming that she was honest with the judge about having access to this loan.

I know it's hard to believe, but I think she lied. If she lied - she could have perjured herself - but look how lenient the judge has been so far. I don't expect any penalty for the lies. And if she lied we will be back to square one on the $30k with the exception of the judge's patience perhaps getting shorter.

And maybe this is her overall plan - she knows she can't get the 30,000 but she has the judge on board with the house being worth the 30,000 so, knowing she will eventually lose it to the trustee, she has no problem with it being worth far less when she eventually does hand it over. And in the meantime she can GoFundMe and try to collect $$$ from even more saps. Not a bad plan. She gets off the hook, collects the charity, and no longer has to deal with flood house or Keith N. Damn.

#16723 6 years ago

ON THIS EPISODE OF AMERICAN GREEEEEEED....

#16724 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know you live local. If you ever want to reveal whom you are in real life rather than hiding behind an internet avatar, I would love to meet up and play some pinball. I am guessing you would not make up such outlandish claims if you came out from hiding and actually interacted IRL.
With your avatar initials and recent increased trolling, it is sad to see that this is what you have become online when you used to be a worthwhile contributor.

Down Simba!

I'm not insinuating you have 500k in Predator deposits. That's as preposterous as thinking that Kevin has 500k to give back, much less a pot to piss in.

How many more years will this drag out and for what? To put an adult babysitter of 5 behind bars for his business ineptitude?

#16725 6 years ago

Well I guess you keep good company with your schtick

#16726 6 years ago

I'm not insinuating you have 500k in Predator deposits.

Jackie-Chan-WTF (resized).jpgJackie-Chan-WTF (resized).jpg

#16727 6 years ago

Look, all whysnow and I are saying is that there has to be some personal responsibility assumed for taking a chance on pre-ordering a game from a guy with no commercial experience producing a large run of a major licensed title.

Quoted from Whysnow:

We all need to also keep in mind that ANYONE that paid even a penny over the 1k deposit needs (on their own and so long as not lied to about game being ready to ship) to take on some blame in this situation. These people opted to pay in more than needed for their own personal reasons (jump the line, get a game sooner, etc...) but those funds enabled this all to go on/ go on longer. So sick of all the people in this hobby taking no personal accountability for anything in life.

#16728 6 years ago

Look, all whysnow and I are saying is that there has to be some personal responsibility assumed for taking a chance on pre-ordering a game from a guy with no commercial experience producing a large run of a major licensed title.

quoting out of context/changing quotes is against TOS.

While I fully agree that we all need to take accountability for our own actions, your quoting from 2017 vs 2012 in pinball world lacks appropriate context. We have all colelctively learned quite a bit post SkitB days.

It is apparant that you are just trolling now. I will say that since you are a local it is really sad that you stay hidden behind an avatar rather than just coming out to play and be part of the regional pinball community. You would likely find that most people are actually fun to hang out with and your trolling is misguided.

#16729 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It was pointed out to me this morning that some refunds were processed before the "shit hit the fan" (Kevin admitting he didn't have the license).

I requested a refund on April 26th and received it on May 20th. I was only in for the $250.

#16730 6 years ago

Sure, anyone who put down the $4500 had to realize there was some risk involved. If they didn't, that's their personal problem. However, you cannot simply chalk up Kevin's doings as "business ineptitude". These clowns knew exactly what they were doing when they bought this house with all of the convenient money transfers and the Kevin completely signing off from being part of the transaction.

I actually feel some sympathy for the Kulek's losing it all and having to deal with a life altering flood with 5 kids. But this just can't be written off as you(Predator buyers) took a chance with your money and he(Kevin K.) didn't know what he was doing. Amanda & Kathy Kulek wouldn't know to speak the truth if it was to save their lives.

What I figure Kevin actually did is somewhere in one of his coloring books he did a rough b.o.m. OK , I am going to build 250 pinball machines for $4500, and each one is going to cost me $3500. That's $1000 profit per machine. So I can safely spend $250K as my income. When the numbers stopped working in that manner, the truth about the license came out, the reality of how much time and money it was going to cost to build each machine, the money was already spent. It was gone, adios, see ya, and in his mind it was easier to just walk away than man up.

#16731 6 years ago

Placing blame on those who pre-ordered is ridiculous. Its sad circumstances with the flood and all but the universe has a way of repaying those who put out bad energy.

#16732 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Placing blame on those who pre-ordered is ridiculous.

It's a fine line with verbage. Pre-orders of course are not to blame for getting screwed over.
Handing over money to these jackasses is totally their fault however.

#16733 6 years ago

Down Simba!
I'm not insinuating you have 500k in Predator deposits. That's as preposterous as thinking that Kevin has 500k to give back, much less a pot to piss in.
How many more years will this drag out and for what? To put an adult babysitter of 5 behind bars for his business ineptitude?

Put the Red Bull down a go to bed.

keyboard_commando_by_plognark (resized).jpgkeyboard_commando_by_plognark (resized).jpg

#16734 6 years ago

Down Simba!

Hopefully....YES!!!!!

#16735 6 years ago

Yes, it was risky, but I backed out when lies started coming.

It baffles me that there are differences between failed businesses, and Fraud/Theft, and you cant see the difference.

Again,

I can build a pinball, please send me $4500. It has a full license.

I cant build a pinball, I dont have a company, I dont have a license, but Ill lie and say I have all these, please send me money. (...and send it now because I have a C&D in my hand)

Maybe some of us had foresight, but can you see this difference?

Can you see that you come across as a troll in support of the Kuleks, to the extant people question your motivation
and Agenda?

#16736 6 years ago

Hopefully his wife,grandma and others involved will also be held accountable for their actions/ involvement in this fiasco. Don't forget about the other issues that have come to light relating to "alleged" abuse/misuse of state "entitlement"programs. Also There's the issue with local and federal taxes. Hopefully the taxman will be the next person to persecute these poor people. Blaming what happened on business ineptitude is a complete joke!

#16737 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

the universe has a way of repaying those who put out bad energy.

No it doesn't, but that's a nice comforting thought. The ones who get random justice just stand out.

#16738 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No it doesn't, but that's a nice comforting thought. The ones who get random justice just stand out.

That was the nice way to think bad thoughts on someone. I guess its better than fantasizing about killing your enemy in their sleep which usually crosses my mind.

#16739 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

That was the nice way to think bad thoughts on someone. I guess its better than fantasizing about killing someone in their sleep which is what I usually think of my enemies >:/

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

#16740 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

. I guess its better than fantasizing about killing your enemy in their sleep, which usually crosses my mind.

It's much more satisfying to kill them while they are awake and watching.

#16741 6 years ago

This thread became pretty morbid.

#16742 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

People have tried to describe the phenomenon using things like karma, aura, etc... I truly think that even subconsciously, some people bring drama on themselves and are always feeling like they are the victim.

IMO, the nature of it all is that their piss poor attitude and inability to think ahead 6 months breeds drama in their lives. Anyone who has been over a large team of people has undoubtedly seen this archetype in an employee. They are the ones that can never show up on time, or fall behind in their work, for 100 varying reasons. (My car broke down, I couldn't find child care, etc..).

Each excuse alone would be perfectly acceptable, but when a different catastrophe happens 3 times a week for weeks on end, you know what you are in for with that person.

#16743 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Each excuse alone would be perfectly acceptable, but when a different catastrophe happens 3 times a week for weeks on end, you know what you are in for with that person

These things always happen in threes

goldfish_excuse (resized).pnggoldfish_excuse (resized).png

#16744 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

People have tried to describe the phenomenon using things like karma, aura, etc... I truly think that even subconsciously, some people bring drama on themselves and are always feeling like they are the victim.

Remember Cornelius?

#16745 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Remember Cornelius?

Man there are deep ends & then there was that

#16746 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Remember Cornelius?

Zira's husband played by Roddy McDowall?

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

#16747 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wasn't it kind of a bummer he couldn't do Beneath the Planet of the Apes?

#16748 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

When you think about it objectively, that was pretty sound advice ...

#16749 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Roddy McDowall?

One of my favorite actors! Loved him in Fright Night!

Rob

#16750 6 years ago

Hey all,

I've been away from pinball for a while and just found this thread. I read through the key posts and I've got questions. Can one of you please fill in the blanks?

1. Did Kevin actually ever have a company or were deposits going into his own bank account?

2. Did he use his ownership of skit-b to get a conventional mortgage or did he literally use the deposits to buy a freakin' house?

3. Why does the fruit loop Facebook lady seem to think that you guys are beholden to support the guys five kids? Isn't that a child protective services / welfare / the state's issue?

My condolences to those of you that lost cash. I'm off to inquire if fruit loop Facebook lady is single.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/335?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.