Topic Stats

• 18,272 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 366.
#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

So what if he lost the Predator license but had Predator 2 instead? Name another movie where Danny Glover says "your move, pussyface!"

Garber: Harrigan! What the f*ck happened in here? Huh? Goddamn it. We came so close!

Lieutenant Mike Harrigan: Don't worry, asshole. You'll get another chance to do it all over again with Experts of Dangerous.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

OK...HERE WE GO!
YES, there will be a MAJOR announcement within the next 2 weeks with everything you want to know.
Everything is moving forward.

I'll believe it in 2 weeks, on their track record until then everything is BS.

I've asked for a refund a number of times over the past couple of months and not even got a reply to acknowledge receipt of the email!
I don't care how busy you are a simply two word reply is all, 'on it'.

If there is no big deal with the licence then just say so don't wait two fecking weeks....

#1554 4 years ago

Send a read acknowledgement on your email, at least then you know he opened it. But, may just let it sit too. Tough situation.

#1555 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I see it was in fairie tales...lol.

what is this comment supposed to mean? I am missing the joke.

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

OK, thought about it, Ready to bet $20 you will get Predator first.
Loser donates that amount to Pinside. Hopefully this year...
Deal? (must be accepted before the "great reveal" announced in 2 weeks-time)
Disclaimers:
- I have no insider's information on Skit-B or Heighway pinball
- I am a blind optimistic who tends to lose bets.
-... but betting only with nephasth
- When were you #112? Is it you initial production number, or an updated one? You could be #12 now
Easy prey. Take the bait!

I'll take that bet! #112 is the machine number for both my Predator and my Alien LE. My last production number for Predator was around #165 back in September I think. My Alien will be in the first batch shipped to the states.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'll take that bet!

Deal !

Guess that's me who will make Pinside $20 richer soon

#1558 4 years ago

That's a bold wager given the Euro vs USD. But I love your chances and its Predator by a mile. Winner!

#1559 4 years ago

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

#1560 4 years ago

This just made my day - a friendly, competitive bet on something that can be measured and the end result will benefit the community. Fun stuff.

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's just see how everything plays out in a couple weeks. If nothing, I'll get out a pitchfork myself!

Quoted for the record.

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

OK, thought about it, Ready to bet $20 you will get Predator first.
Loser donates that amount to Pinside. Hopefully this year...

Predator before Alien? Really?

#1563 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I've asked for a refund a number of times over the past couple of months and not even got a reply to acknowledge receipt of the email!
I don't care how busy you are a simply two word reply is all, 'on it'.

Yes, disappointing that Kevin can get a VERY self-serving message out by way of SPfxted very quickly but cant find time to respond MONTHS later to a paying customer?

The cynic (realist?) in me thinks this is Kevin just asking for ANOTHER 2 weeks to get his shit together.... or transfer funds into a new account.... or just get a reprieve from the avalanche of emails requesting refunds after those emails HE sent.

As usual, the near infinite patience and benefit-of-the-doubt granted by pinsiders is indeed heart-warming and overwhelming....

If I had a scheme where i needed to raise money with little or no business plan (and a total lack of morals), THIS is certainly the first place I'd come. Banks are so stuffy with all their requests for FACTS and PROOF and stuff....

/sarcasm

#1564 4 years ago

Regardless, why not let the two weeks period pass as SPfxted seems to think some good news will occur.
After all of this it is certainly worth two weeks to see if there is a positive here.
I know folks like Kevin and Jpop. Not great with people and communication. They tend to totally shut down when confronted. Does not mean they are usually done just that their way is to dig in and keep trying to get the solution. Sadly without telling others it looks that type of person is ignoring you when in truth they are trying to get whats needed done.
How about two weeks of positive hope and as SPfxted said if it comes and goes without major progress then get out the torches.

#1565 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If I had a scheme where i needed to raise money with little of no business plan (and a total lack of morals), THIS is certainly the first place I'd come.

Not cool.

#1566 4 years ago

maybe "not cool", but sadly "quite true"...

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Predator before Alien? Really?

I know I know...

Sounds suicidal but I should donate Pinside once in while anyway

#1568 4 years ago

Does nobody live nearby, could they not go and talk face to face and see what's going on?

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

maybe "not cool", but sadly "quite true"...

for a guy that does not own a single game made in the past 3 decades, you are overly concerned with anything to do with a DMD.

That is also sadly quite true it seems...

Give it 2 weeks and if there is nothing of substance reported then go back to hating with all the energy you have.

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for a guy that does not own a single game made in the past 3 decades, you are overly concerned with anything to do with a DMD.
That is also sadly quite true it seems...
Give it 2 weeks and if there is nothing of substance reported then go back to hating with all the energy you have.

Skit-b has handled this poorly. No one can rationally argue that point. The only hate I see in this thread is from you. Surely you have better things to do?

#1571 4 years ago

Hope Ted can hammer this one out. Thanks for your efforts.

#1572 4 years ago

hah! The good old days! ....
I'm just reporting what's been told to me. I truly hope everything works out...

#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I don't care how busy you are a simply two word reply is all, 'on it'

I am not a cop or a legal expert, but does it get to a point where this becomes theft? Is there a certain amount of time where a company legally has to refund someone after the refunding request is made and after that time it becomes a crime if the refund is not given? I am not saying this is the case with Skit-B but I am curious

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Regardless, why not let the two weeks period pass as SPfxted seems to think some good news will occur.
After all of this it is certainly worth two weeks to see if there is a positive here.
I know folks like Kevin and Jpop. Not great with people and communication. They tend to totally shut down when confronted. Does not mean they are usually done just that their way is to dig in and keep trying to get the solution. Sadly without telling others it looks that type of person is ignoring you when in truth they are trying to get whats needed done.
How about two weeks of positive hope and as SPfxted said if it comes and goes without major progress then get out the torches.

How many allotments of '2 weeks' does Skit-B get? I think they've had plenty of 'extensions'.

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am not a cop or a legal expert, but does it get to a point where this becomes theft?

Nope, not "theft" - just "Indie Pinball" - as a famous character form this thread like to call it....

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If I had a scheme where i needed to raise money with little or no business plan (and a total lack of morals), THIS is certainly the first place I'd come.

This is hilarious.
Seriously, I'm still laughing. Good stuff.

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

How many allotments of '2 weeks' does Skit-B get? I think they've had plenty of 'extensions'.

Not many. We all agree. But its out there so lets see. If it blows up then we all support these guys and put full pressure on.

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Not many. We all agree. But its out there so lets see. If it blows up then we all support these guys and put full pressure on.

Agreed!

#1579 4 years ago

How about I post a pic of Kate or Scarlett every day until 2 weeks are up?

#1580 4 years ago

Ted, I didn't realize that you were NSFW.

#1581 4 years ago

Ted are you still getting Predator?

#1582 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am not a cop or a legal expert, but does it get to a point where this becomes theft? Is there a certain amount of time where a company legally has to refund someone after the refunding request is made and after that time it becomes a crime if the refund is not given? I am not saying this is the case with Skit-B but I am curious

Probably not "theft" but the buyers might have a legal right to get their money back, and could sue (civil court, not criminal) to try to get it. It would depend on 1) the agreement (either written or verbal) between SkitB and the buyer, and 2) state law, which will determine how the contract is interpreted (and could even make some provisions of the contract invalid -- as an extreme example, a contract selling someone into slavery would not be enforceable even if all the parties agreed to it). The buyers would need to argue that SkitB has violated the agreement by refusing to provide the refund (or failing to ship the game).

#1583 4 years ago

"Ted, I didn't realize that you were NSFW."

Yeah, I noticed that! (was it the shirt??)

#1584 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ted are you still getting Predator?

No, as I mentioned in a Predator Thread...I went in on a big 50's film poster collection. I sold most of my machines.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, as I mentioned in a Predator Thread...I went in on a big 50's film poster collection. I sold most of my machines.

Bad call Ted!

#1586 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Probably not "theft" but the buyers might have a legal right to get their money back, and could sue (civil court, not criminal) to try to get it. It would depend on 1) the agreement (either written or verbal) between SkitB and the buyer, and 2) state law, which will determine how the contract is interpreted (and could even make some provisions of the contract invalid -- as an extreme example, a contract selling someone into slavery would not be enforceable even if all the parties agreed to it). The buyers would need to argue that SkitB has violated the agreement by refusing to provide the refund (or failing to ship the game).

I was wondering about legal recourse options as well, as a last resort. I am afraid, however, that Kevin may be using up a chunk of build money on legal fees already (Fox, et al). I hope he gets this train wreck back on track soon or the real storms may be brewing.

#1587 4 years ago

Ohhhh, not so bad...I've almost doubled my money and still retained 40% of the collection...

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ohhhh, not so bad...I've almost doubled my money and still retained 40% of the collection...

With such a quick ROI, you should buy some of your machines back!

Brad

#1589 4 years ago

There are a few I'm looking into. I'll also be at Allentown.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Yes, disappointing that Kevin can get a VERY self-serving message out by way of SPfxted very quickly but cant find time to respond MONTHS later to a paying customer?
The cynic (realist?) in me thinks this is Kevin just asking for ANOTHER 2 weeks to get his shit together.... or transfer funds into a new account.... or just get a reprieve from the avalanche of emails requesting refunds after those emails HE sent.
As usual, the near infinite patience and benefit-of-the-doubt granted by pinsiders is indeed heart-warming and overwhelming....
If I had a scheme where i needed to raise money with little or no business plan (and a total lack of morals), THIS is certainly the first place I'd come. Banks are so stuffy with all their requests for FACTS and PROOF and stuff....
/sarcasm

You are nothing more than a troll

#1591 4 years ago

I decided to support Skit B because of the Predator prototype, my own optimism and because of Kevin's apparent sincerity and love of pinball. The sound, artwork and Kevin's description of what kinds of rules and shots make a "great" game leads me to think it will be a game I like, even though the playfield layout is simple (similar to T2).

Making a one-off and making 250 machines are two very different things. I fully expected he would have tons to learn and that there was no way he would be anywhere close to his original time estimates.

It is still my belief that Kevin is honestly doing his best to complete this project. I also figure that he is making very little if anything for all of his time and effort. I suspect that keeping his integrity and making a bunch of pinheads happy is what's driving him to complete the project.

If that is the case, can you imagine what it must be like to read Pinside and see all the things people are accusing you of?

He stated in one of his updates that for the sake of his own mental health he no longer reads Pinside. I kind of hope he doesn't because if I were in his shoes, it would be difficult to not let it affect me or get caught up in all the drama.

People say it only takes a few minutes to post a response but how long does it take to follow all of the posts? Seems like some people are monitoring pinside 12+ hours a day. For certain personality types (myself included) it can be very hard to disengage once you get involved.

There just isn't enough time for that when there are machines to get out!

#1592 4 years ago

Yeah, Kevin seems like a good guy and I really hope this works out for him...

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I decided to support Skit B because of the Predator prototype, my own optimism and because of Kevin's apparent sincerity and love of pinball. The sound, artwork and Kevin's description of what kinds of rules and shots make a "great" game leads me to think it will be a game I like, even though the playfield layout is simple (similar to T2).
Making a one-off and making 250 machines are two very different things. I fully expected he would have tons to learn and that there was no way he would be anywhere close to his original time estimates.
It is still my belief that Kevin is honestly doing his best to complete this project. I also figure that he is making very little if anything for all of his time and effort. I suspect that keeping his integrity and making a bunch of pinheads happy is what's driving him to complete the project.
If that is the case, can you imagine what it must be like to read Pinside and see all the things people are accusing you of (mostly from people who were never on board to begin with)?
He stated in one of his updates that for the sake of his own mental health he no longer reads Pinside. I kind of hope he doesn't because if I were in his shoes, it would be difficult to not let it affect me or get caught up in all the drama.
People say it only takes a few minutes to post a response but how long does it take to follow all of the posts? You also find people monitoring pinside 12+ hours a day. For certain personality types (myself included) it can be very hard to disengage once you get involved.
There just isn't enough time for that when there are machines to get out!

He chose to start a business and build pinball machines. This is his responsibility whether he likes it or not.

#1594 4 years ago

Yes, but in life nothing and nobody's perfeckt...

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, but in life nothing and nobody's perfeckt...

The Terminator guy you are pictured with above might not agree with that statement but yeah bumps in the road stop us falling asleep at the wheel.

#1596 4 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

The Terminator guy you are pictured with above might not agree with that statement but yeah bumps in the road stop us falling asleep at the wheel.

True...just hope there isn't a cliff after the bumps...

#1597 4 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

He chose to start a business and build pinball machines. This is his responsibility whether he likes it or not.

There are plenty of businesses that get started and go bankrupt too. People respond to things in different ways.

1)One person might look at all the criticism and say, "I'll get this done and prove all the critics wrong".

2)Another person might look at all the criticism and say, "Screw it, what am I doing this for when it looks like I'm not going to make anything and all I get is grief for all the hard work I'm doing."

I hope Kevin is more like the first example.

#1598 4 years ago

Where are skit b based?
Someone should visit ala Dutch pinball

#1599 4 years ago

I'm not going through 10 pages of this. I want my Predator pinball and that's that. I'll listen to Kevin and I trust in Kevin. I know I'll get it.

Seriously, for everyone concerned, there must be someone who lives nearby who can pop in and see things for themselves.

Do I really have to buy a ticket and fly over from the UK myself and do the job for you?

FFS....

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I'm not going through 10 pages of this. I want my Predator pinball and that's that. I'll listen to Kevin and I trust in Kevin. I know I'll get it.
Seriously, for everyone concerned, there must be someone who lives nearby who can pop in and see things for themselves.
Do I really have to buy a ticket and fly over from the UK myself and do the job for you?
FFS....

I hope Kevin sees that by far the majority of people beating the drums and making accusations have no money invested. They aren't the ones he needs to satisfy.

In my opinion the best thing to do is just let that stuff roll off his back and get on with the build (even though the drama on Pinside may cause a few actual buyers to ask for refunds).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 129.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 60.00
$ 109.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 58.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 21.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 18272 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside