Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 370.
#1501 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

C'mon Rob, for all that is good, please don't take a piss on the one ray of Sunshine that has come our (the pre-order folks) way. I appreciate your critical eye but can you let this one slide, just a wee bit? Just this once, ok?

Sorry Phil, I didn't think it was exactly in poor taste....certainly not worthy of accusing me of pissing on the one ray of Sunshine (certainly wasn't my intent)...I thought it was pointing out a fairly obvious contradiction. But you are right, it probably wasn't necessary.

You guys definitely deserve some good news! Hopefully you will get some concrete information from Kevin in the next few weeks which will result in satisfaction for all.

#1502 9 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

always-bet-on-black-o.gif

WOW a binks sighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1503 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Was there any mention or discussion of when people could expect to see a refund if requested?

I think he said it should take 3 or 4 weeks to get everything together.

#1504 9 years ago

I know everyone's going crazy and I understand. But, hopefully in a couple weeks, we should know everything. Kevin sounded sincere when we spoke, so let's give him the time he needs and see what happens.

#1505 9 years ago

Ok, so see you guys in two weeks.

#1506 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

False!
Never lost anything.

They "lost" every reference to Predator they had on the internet, so something changed, even if it was simply being reminded about terms.

#1507 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Kevin sounded sincere when we spoke

Kevin sounded sincere when he first started this project too. If I were in on this I'd be in "trust, but verify" mode, even if I was "on his side".

But really, you've waited this long, what's a couple weeks going to matter? One way or another the truth is going to come to light soon enough.

#1509 9 years ago

When you have collected a lot of money and made a lot of promises with nothing much to show for it, you had better be able to (appear to) be sincere. Hopefully this all works out

#1510 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But really, you've waited this long, what's a couple weeks going to matter? One way or another the truth is going to come to light soon enough.

True. I mean...many of us have played the game and spoke to Kevin. If this is a con...I've been fooled...and I don't get fooled easily...

#1511 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

nd I don't get fooled easily...

This hobby always comes back to The Who (Pinball Wizard and now this)

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
#1512 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I know everyone's going crazy and I understand. But, hopefully in a couple weeks, we should know everything. Kevin sounded sincere when we spoke, so let's give him the time he needs and see what happens.

Two weeks isn't that long which is good.

#1513 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IMO you should keep focused on your own problems of liscence rights and fair use rather than trying to continually stoke flames on others.
If you don't like how I said it, then please refer to how Ted said it if that helps you understand

I have no licensing problems. Hilton, take your own advice and only stick to things you know.

#1514 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

This hobby always comes back to The Who

Can't argue with that!

#1515 9 years ago

On the Tedosity scale,

Two weeks= awesome.

Wait, scale is a skewed.

Everything=awesome.

Feelin the Tediness. Totally Tedding right now.

#1516 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I had to sign a non-disclosure for Lucasfilms that I wouldn't release any content before the movie was released.

Hey chessiv,
I'm just curious as to what you created with the Lucasfilm license and which movies was it for?
Toys, art, ect?

Sorry to derail the skitb thread. Hope everything works itself out for all involved.

#1517 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What a freekin' train wreck! I guess Kevin's last two emails count as bi-weekly updates? I appreciate your inside comms with Kevin, Ted. I really do. But I focus my frustration at Kevin! If he has time to talk to you or anyone, he has time to talk to/email me. I don't know if Kevin is wasting time looking at this f$%#ed up thread, and I hope he's not. Better things to spend his time on. Like communicating (not here, but) directly with his customers! I'm paid in full since August, 2013. I expect some communication and I expect it now. I'm in for the long haul. I may lose the whole wad, but I am willing to take the risk. Sometimes investments payoff and sometimes they don't.
I'm very disappointed in all the shit slinging going on here from a bunch of 17 year old high school juveniles. (Let the thumb downs, commence. I'm on a venting roll.)
This entire communication should be via emails or direct phone calls from Kevin to his customers.
Transparent communication, Kevin. Communication...
*Reading this before hitting send post. Ted, I appreciate your input. None of this frustration is aimed at you. *

We need the best. That's why you're here.

#1518 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Hey chessiv,
I'm just curious as to what you created with the Lucasfilm license and which movies was it for?
Toys, art, ect?
Sorry to derail the skitb thread. Hope everything works itself out for all involved.

It was a marketing web site for Episode III. I had to sign all sorts of non-disclosure docs to get the marketing assets. I thought I was going to get something really cool but everything I received was already available to the general public. It was a bit of a letdown.

#1519 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sorry Phil, I didn't think it was exactly in poor taste....

Thanks Rob. I forgot to add the smiley face. Like I said, I appreciate your critical eye. You call it like you see it. Like most on here, I'm tired of the drama and just want "real" answers. No more supposition, no more innuendo, no more BS. Either tell me I'm getting my machine or tell me I've lost my money so I can move on.

I owe you a beer!

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wait Ted, for a more accurate estimate we must first put the stated wait time through the New Pinball Manufacturer Time Estimate Conversion Formula.

Realistic Estimate = Stated Time x 2 then Change the Units

So,

(2 weeks)x2 = 4 weeks, then change the units = 4 months

#1521 9 years ago

happy to hear good news is coming for all my amigos.

#1522 9 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Thanks Rob. I forgot to add the smiley face. Like I said, I appreciate your critical eye. You call it like you see it. Like most on here, I'm tired of the drama and just want "real" answers. No more supposition, no more innuendo, no more BS. Either tell me I'm getting my machine or tell me I've lost my money so I can move on.
I owe you a beer!

No. I owe you one! Seriously Phil, if you are ever in SoCal please send me a note, and we can meet up at Lake Alice Trading Co. for some beer and pinball!

#1523 9 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

What a freekin' train wreck! I guess Kevin's last two emails count as bi-weekly updates? I appreciate your inside comms with Kevin, Ted. I really do. But I focus my frustration at Kevin! If he has time to talk to you or anyone, he has time to talk to/email me. I don't know if Kevin is wasting time looking at this f$%#ed up thread, and I hope he's not. Better things to spend his time on. Like communicating (not here, but) directly with his customers! I'm paid in full since August, 2013. I expect some communication and I expect it now. I'm in for the long haul. I may lose the whole wad, but I am willing to take the risk. Sometimes investments payoff and sometimes they don't.
I'm very disappointed in all the shit slinging going on here from a bunch of 17 year old high school juveniles. (Let the thumb downs, commence. I'm on a venting roll.)
This entire communication should be via emails or direct phone calls from Kevin to his customers.
Transparent communication, Kevin. Communication...

It's pretty obvious that communication is not Kevin's forte, but he would be so much better off, from a business perspective and a personal health perspective, if he at least made an effort.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

The Law of Information Flow -- "Information, like electricity, WILL flow, and it will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance." If you don't communicate with stakeholders, the grapevine will thrive. If you communicate with stakeholders, you can keep the grapevine in check.
The grapevine is a weed. It will never die. The best you can hope for is to contain it through proactive weed control. The "grapevine" surrounding Skit-B and the company's product is thriving BECAUSE OF Kevin's choices regarding information flow (e.g., removing all traces of Predator licensing information from the website, not responding to customer request for refunds, not promptly following up on emails to the "Support" team). Those very choices are actually further complicating his life, from a business perspective and a personal perspective, so if he truly wants to achieve better balance in life, he needs to change how he interacts with stakeholders.
Charlie Emery is managing information flow proactively. He is very good at "proactive weed control". Charlie appears to have achieved a pretty healthy life balance.
Kevin is managing information flow reactively, and only when it becomes a crisis. He's ignoring the weeds, and they are aggressively overtaking the lawn. Kevin has more than once alluded to the impact of this situation on his personal health (e.g., "it's simply not healthy for me", "This is exactly why it is unhealthy for me to regularly check in here").
I don't think these two situations are purely coincidental.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Occam's Razor suggests that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one... As it relates to Skit-B, any news worth communicating may not be good, and because they don't want to lie, but they also don't want to deal with the consequences of telling the truth, they simply say nothing. It's a very common psychological reaction, but not very wise from a business perspective.

So now you wait, and in two more weeks, you will (allegedly) have more information... the Pinball News story, and the Skit-B story.

It doesn't have to be this way, but apparently communicating about making pinball machines is hard.

#1525 9 years ago

just `cause...

__pred-ballstuck.jpg__pred-ballstuck.jpgIMG_3814.JPGIMG_3814.JPGIMG_3818.JPGIMG_3818.JPG

#1526 9 years ago

This shit makes Cambodia look like Kansas

#1527 9 years ago

Those glowing ramps are ghosting us MutherF#%er

#1528 9 years ago

Well all I have do is go the video tutorial that a pinsider found and it becomes clear that I can't pull out, its impossible and with spfxted confirming he spoke with Kevin and everything is still moving forward I'm very happy. This really is a dream theme for me, Aliens LE being built, what a side by side line up.

#1529 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well all I have do is go the video tutorial that a pinsider found and it becomes clear that I can't pull out, its impossible and with spfxted confirming he spoke with Kevin and everything is still moving forward I'm very happy. This really is a dream theme for me, Aliens LE being built, what a side by side line up.

Your right...Predator next to Aliens would be amazing...I have no skin in this but I sure hope all the machines get to the buyers in a hurry! I am looking forward to all the unboxing threads and gameplay videos...fingers cossed

#1530 9 years ago

I hope everything works out and everyone gets their games. This is a crazy thing and after 2 weeks we'll know one way or another. If I find out anything before that, I'll post here...

#1531 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

than the tail enders wouldn't be stuck

Who is this Tail Enders? Is he related to Todd and Tim?

#1532 9 years ago

Think how much Matt at Back Alley must have invested in this game with all the parts and mods he has made already. We better all hope these games get made not only for our friends that have money in but also hard working pinball people like Matt that do this stuff for a living.

#1533 9 years ago
#1534 9 years ago

If Skit-B doesn't show video of a completed machine , or any(completed) machines in the next 2 day's,
means there are no machines being built....

#1535 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

If Skit-B doesn't show video of a completed machine , or any(completed) machines in the next 2 day's,

What is the significance of two days?

#1536 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

#1537 9 years ago

OK, I guess he is, thanks.

#1538 9 years ago

#1540 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

#112 on both. Pretty sure I'll get Alien first...

#1541 9 years ago

Predator (and #2) are on Sci-Fi right now. Maybe it is a sign from space....

Since talking about the movie.... During the jungle scenes when Arnold & Co. are about to take out the guerrilla compound... Did anyone slide down the stairs playing "commando" like they did before the assault?? I sure remember doing so, and how bad I would get bruised on my knees and shins from the stair edges. OUCH!

OH.... Just trying to lighten the Predator mood

Still thinking it will be made. I am #171

#1542 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Well, Aliens is Heighway's second game, and we are still waiting for the first game Full Throttle leaving the assembly line.

#1543 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

It doesn't have to be this way, but apparently communicating about making pinball machines is hard.

You made me laugh!

#1544 9 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

OK, thought about it, Ready to bet $20 you will get Predator first.
Loser donates that amount to Pinside. Hopefully this year...

Deal? (must be accepted before the "great reveal" announced in 2 weeks-time)

Disclaimers:
- I have no insider's information on Skit-B or Heighway pinball
- I am a blind optimistic who tends to lose bets.
-... but betting only with nephasth
- When were you #112? Is it you initial production number, or an updated one? You could be #12 now

Easy prey. Take the bait!

#1545 9 years ago

who wants to lay down some bets about what's going to happen in 2 weeks ?

#1546 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

who wants to lay down some bets about what's going to happen in 2 weeks ?

A Predator Hitler video is released!

#1547 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

OK, thought about it, Ready to bet $20 you will get Predator first.
Loser donates that amount to Pinside. Hopefully this year...
Deal? (must be accepted before the "great reveal" announced in 2 weeks-time)
Disclaimers:
- I have no insider's information on Skit-B or Heighway pinball
- I am a blind optimistic who tends to lose bets.
-... but betting only with nephasth
- When were you #112? Is it you initial production number, or an updated one? You could be #12 now
Easy prey. Take the bait!

When I read the post by nephasth an hour ago I said to myself, I wouldn't bet on that.
I'm in on both too, remember heighway hasn't produced a pin yet also and alien is second on their list.
Betting in these threads hasent worked out well for anyone.

#1548 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

False!
Never lost anything.

Well if you know that conclusively, it sure is not fair to the other 249 purchasers to not know it as well. I have noticed there are a few people running around with privy information. It is bad enough that this forum was used to solicit these orders and then abandoned afterward. Matters worse are some people are on the, "Inner Circle" and know details that others do not.

Personally I wish the silly thing gets built. It bodes well for pinball in general and Michigan for having a boutique builder. It is a shame though that all this drama could have been prevented by just using this forum in the same manner as it was used when the funds were lobbied for here years ago

#1549 9 years ago

So what if he lost the Predator license but had Predator 2 instead? Name another movie where Danny Glover says "your move, pussyface!"

#1550 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

Here we go again
President-George-W_-Bush-Mission-Accomplished.jpg

images.jpgimages.jpg
There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.