Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 370.
#15301 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll bet this is what happens....

Not until September.

#15302 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't buy any of her BS for the simple fact she's still married to Kevin. She even admits how dumb it is.
It's even dumb from a welfare fraud perspective - two singles can squeeze more out of the system than a married couple.
Is he the live-in babysitter? Hung like a horse? Or is there still a "redneck treasure" buried out there she wants a part of once this all blows over?

Maybe the treasure is buried in the landfill behind their house. Pirates like to bury treasure in places others won't think to look.

#15303 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

The FBI and the Midland County Sheriff's office found not enough evidence to follow up with criminal charges a few years back.

Such incompetence.

After this latest round of information, it is all the more shocking.

#15304 6 years ago

I find it amusing how said debtors wife "Mrs. Witch Kulek" or is it with a B? Hmmmm....Can't recall? Lol. Anyway, how she claims to stick by her man but then blurts out to the court "Do anything you want to Kevin, it's not me" & "I love that house, I have no intentions of selling it." I'm sure you don't ma'am. I'm sure you don't. Comedic gold.

#15305 6 years ago

Does anyone have the address for this 28k house? When I heard the amount I assumed it was just earnest money or a % of cash taken to start building a home. Not the entire purchase price. Good God. Must be a really desirable area.

#15306 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Does anyone have the address for this 28k house? When I heard the amount I assumed it was just earnest money or a % of cash taken to start building a home. Not the entire purchase price. Good God. Must be a really desirable area.

It's mentioned several times on the latest recording.

#15307 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/236#post-3308273

#15308 6 years ago

"I know there was 21 people who sued us"........holy fak......

#15309 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

When I heard the amount I assumed it was just earnest money or a % of cash taken to start building a home. Not the entire purchase price.

When all the housing market crashed in 2009, you get buy as many houses as you wanted at those prices.

In Detroit, the houses were too cheap to sell individually, so banks were selling "Ten Packs" for $9,000

http://reachfinancialindependence.com/detroit-100-dollar-house/

#15310 6 years ago

Its on the "other side" of Town.

#15311 6 years ago

You have to look at all the money accounts. Not everyone paid by PP.
Personal checks went the Credit Union account.
Let's see all her money accounts prior to Predator start up.
And all of this should be made public record.

#15312 6 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

It's actually just location in general. In Michigan, from route M-46Northward, property values drop like a rock. Within five miles of Lake Huron, you can get a 2000 sq ft house on five acres for $180k with property taxes under $1500.00/Year. Shitty weather for eight months a year though. Not too many m9vie stars or entertainers moving here though.

Go across the Straits and prices drop further.....

#15313 6 years ago

The mental gymnastics are astounding, but here's how it happened.

Camera studio and equipment: eh, this is a loan. Let's borrow some money from my husband's account. There's plenty there. I'll pay it back once I start making money taking pictures.

House:. Well we need a place to build these machines. It only makes sense to buy a house rather than rent space....

#15314 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Those homes have the furnace (s) and water heaters on the main floor, not in the basement. When built, there was no central heat for small houses.

IIRC there was a receipt for 200 some gallons of fuel oil. Where do they keep the 200 plus gallon tank?

#15315 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Where do they keep the 200 plus gallon tank?

Maybe the same place they keep a CNC machine 'owned' by a guy who took payments for less than $10k per check adding up to over $100k...

Lock all these fucks up

#15316 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

IIRC there was a receipt for 200 some gallons of fuel oil. Where do they keep the 200 plus gallon tank?

You can prepay for fuel to lock in at a certain rate. So you own the oil in the companies tank and call them when you need some delivered.

When you sell a house one of the last things you do at closing is get a measurement of the oil left in the tank and the buyer has to pay for it.

So Keith - One more thing to go after is that oil. Don't let them use it up if it was paid for with Predator money.

I have not been in a house that uses oil in quite a while. But I think the tanks are actually 300-400 gallons. (edit: a quick search shows they usually start at 275 gallon)

#15317 6 years ago

I use that fuel oil instead of diesel in my truck.

Runs great and I don't have to wait for a pump at the gas station.

#15318 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

In the back yard of the house. I have seen them in detached garages though.

#15319 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I use that fuel oil instead of diesel in my truck.
Runs great and I don't have to wait for a pump at the gas station.

Thank goodness they don't peek inside your tank to see the dye indicating road tax wasn't paid on that fuel.

#15320 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Thank goodness they don't peek inside your tank to see the dye indicating road tax wasn't paid on that fuel.

Who knows what else Vid has hidden in that tank over the years ...

#15321 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I've never heard of a pickup getting caught with off-road in it. I don't think the cops would even check.

Dump trucks and the like...they look.

#15322 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So Keith - One more thing to go after is that oil. Don't let them use it up if it was paid for with Predator money.

1489721061795-there-will-be-blood-opening (resized).jpeg1489721061795-there-will-be-blood-opening (resized).jpeg

#15323 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

ahahahaha .. was thinking the same when I read that

#15324 6 years ago

Listing to Mrs. Kulek represent herself was amazing. I am no lawyer, but have been through depositions, work related and I'm wife number 2, so I know how they go. I kept thinking how many times would good representation have stopped the line of talk. Her having free reign to talk really brought things to light. Hopefully, there will be time to hear what the judge really thinks of the Kuleks when he is free to give a speech at the end. It would nice to see him go Judge Judy on them.

#15325 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It would nice to see him go Judge Judy on them.

Certainly would be but it's not his style. Won't happen sadly.

*the bulk of the judges that do go judge Judy on people are usually intellectual midgets by the way. Sophisticated, tempered and educated judges never really do that...

#15326 6 years ago

I have a 500 gallon home heating oil tank in my basement. Lots of homes I New England are still heated by fuel oil.

#15327 6 years ago

One thing that bothers me is the continued talk of the PayPal account monies that were deposited. Like that was the only funds Kevin received.

Remember....... there were enough dummies like me, that sent Kevin a check or cashiers check.

Even if there were only 10 of us who paid in full, that's $47,500 in cash. So easy to give (hide) grandma some funds to make it *appear* that grandma later gave monies to Kathy to pay for the so called photography business or house for that matter.

Every Kulek that has spoken in court has been caught in a lie. There's no way that Kathy or her family had the funds to purchase a house or start a photography business without Predator funds!

I'm just waiting for the Judge to bring the hammer down. He's been far to easy on them thus far.

#15328 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I've never heard of a pickup getting caught with off-road in it. I don't think the cops would even check.
Dump trucks and the like...they look.

Yep, that's why I said that.

#15329 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I have a 500 gallon home heating oil tank in my basement. Lots of homes I New England are still heated by fuel oil.

You also have a furnace in your basement.

#15330 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'm just waiting for the Judge to bring the hammer down. He's been far to easy on them thus far.

Respectfully disagree about the judge being too lenient. I know everybody wants justice in this case yesterday. Me too. But there is a process that needs to play out.

I find this judge superb in his giving the Kulek's all of the rope they need to hang themselves.

#15331 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I've seen a lot of bankruptcy, civil and criminal dealings in the courtroom in my former news reporting job. YEARS of it. I have NEVER seen a judge so lenient or protract the hearings like this fellow. The judges I've seen would have quickly moved through this and left the 'lady' swinging in the wind. No lawyer, no compliance, no records . . . tough shit. "You were told what was expected and yet you come here sobbing and deflecting questions. Last chance. You come in here with a lawyer when we convene again or you are on your own and at the mercy of this court. No exceptions. No excuses. I've a good mind to charge you with contempt. Young lady . . . you are looking at some jail time if you don't fork over the needed records and a modicum of sensible responses to future questioning. Stop dancing around the issues and provide the answers! You understand?! This is your last warning. Court is adjourned."
I've seen that scenario so many times. Everyone on here has been praising this judge and I too like him tremendously. I'm vexed though how he lets this entire case drag on so. Talk about bending over backward for the defendant(s)! She doesn't realize how lucky she is to have this guy as a judge. The one good thing I get out of his demeanor is if me .. . you . . .were in that same chair as female Kuleck, we would be thanking our lucky stars to have this judge and recognize 'the gift'. For sure, he is covering his own ass for any courtroom 'mistakes' to limit possibility for appeal or judicial review.

You may be right that he's giving the debtors every possible benefit of process so that any ruling he makes is more likely to be upheld by the District Court if there is a review. He appears to be granting the Trustee's motions though and it's not like he can circumvent an Adversary Proceeding and just jump to the end. There's a time and a place for him to rule on the case. I'm not 100% up to speed on the case but it appears to me that Keith is doing a good job either (a) getting the documents he needs (b) pinning down that they don't exist (which helps his case) and (c) illustrating that the debtors are being evasive (which helps his case). Bankruptcy judges aren't doing a whole lot of "hammering" in their everyday duties so it's not exactly an easy ask for Keith at the end of the day. Hopefully the slow build will work to his advantage when it comes time to dispose of the case.

#15332 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/richer-people-want-fewer-children/?_r=0

#15334 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

I don't want to come across as having sympathy for the Kuleks, because I don't. But painting all poor people with a broad brush is kind of shitty; as is insuinating poor people are just too stupid to plan families.

Most of the people I've met who have large families due so for religious reasons. And maybe, just maybe, some poorer people have large families because that's the one thing they can invest time and love in that isn't going to be subject to whether they can afford it or not. We're rich enough to have big homes and pinball machines and vacations and poor people are too broke to do that. So how to they invest their time and emotional energy? In raising kids. Raising kids is rewarding and no one at carrier is gonna ship their job as mom or dad overseas.

#15335 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

"i've contacted many lawyers and no one will take my case."
Shocker.

Attorneys are able to deny services to a prospective client with a pre-existing condition

#15336 6 years ago

At least they'll be able to afford their court-appointed lawyers when the criminal phase begins...

#15337 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

At least they'll be able to afford their court-appointed lawyers when the criminal phase begins...

we all get to pay for the best defense our tax dollars can afford.

#15338 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't want to come across as having sympathy for the Kuleks, because I don't. But painting all poor people with a broad brush is kind of shitty; as is insuinating poor people are just too stupid to plan families.
Most of the people I've met who have large families due so for religious reasons. And maybe, just maybe, some poorer people have large families because that's the one thing they can invest time and love in that isn't going to be subject to whether they can afford it or not. We're rich enough to have big homes and pinball machines and vacations and poor people are too broke to do that. So how to they invest their time and emotional energy? In raising kids. Raising kids is rewarding and no one at carrier is gonna ship their job as mom or dad overseas.

Love and good intentions do no pay the bills to raise a large family.

#15339 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Zillow values the house at $130,366.00:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1301-E-Pine-River-Rd-Midland-MI-48640/2107385556_zpid/
If they bought the house as 'distressed property' for $28k, seems a good deal. From a UK perspective, I'm very jealous of these prices!

For another perspective from the antipodean, you would never find an existing residential property at that price in Australia anywhere and we are approximately the same land mass size as the US with 1/14th their population.

Quoted from Underspin:

Attorneys are able to deny services to a prospective client with a pre-existing condition

Benefits of having a legal system that doesn't have the cab rank rule for private practicing attorneys. In Commonwealth countries a barrister (attorney) cannot refuse to take a client case if they qualified in that area.

#15340 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Love and good intentions do no pay the bills to raise a large family.

Yep. The Kuleks had 5 kids for selfish reasons.
My wife and I waited until we had secure jobs and bought a house in a decent neighborhood before we chose to have kids.

Not to say poor people are stupid, but Stupid people tend to be poor and have more children because they don't think things through when it comes to the big picture.

#15341 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

For another perspective from the antipodean, you would never find an existing residential property at that price in Australia anywhere and we are approximately the same land mass size as the US with 1/14th their population

Not quite true... there are free-standing homes listed under $150K on realestate.com.au... just well off the beaten track.

#15342 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

Not quite true... there are free-standing homes listed under $150K on realestate.com.au... just well off the beaten track.

I was referring to the distressed property figure of 28k.

28k will get you a tin shed with windows on the outskirts of Bourke.

#15343 6 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

I was referring to the distressed property figure of 28k.
28k will get you a tin shed with windows on the outskirts of Bourke.

I could sell my modest house in Southern California and buy more than 20 Kulek houses. Then maybe rent them out to the various Kulek relatives who must rent because they haven't had the opportunity to steal other people's money to buy their own house.

#15344 6 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

And maybe, just maybe, some poorer people have large families because that's the one thing they can invest time and love in that isn't going to be subject to whether they can afford it or not.

People want to have large families so they can be extra unhappy with their lives:

https://qz.com/708438/the-parenting-happiness-gap-is-real-new-research-confirms/

#15345 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

People want to have large families so they can be extra unhappy with their lives:
https://qz.com/708438/the-parenting-happiness-gap-is-real-new-research-confirms/

I read the article and it distinctly ties unhappiness to lack of social programs that support raising kids and notes no difference in the sense of fulfillment that comes from being a parent across regions.

I support people's decision to not have kid, but bristle when people that don't have kids try to tell me I'm less happy than they are as a result. It's like somebody that never played pinball telling people on here they're happier than Pinsiders because they never bought a pinball machine.

In any case, I have extended family by marriage that have kids they can't afford. I can't explain it...they are in a bad financial situation already so the solution is more kids out of wedlock?

#15346 6 years ago

Can someone let me know when this thread gets back on track? I'm all for debate, but poverty & parenthood? Take this conversation to the basement.

#15347 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Can someone let me know when this thread gets back on track? I'm all for debate, but poverty & parenthood? Take this conversation to the basement.

I'll let you know. Do you want a pm or email?

#15348 6 years ago

I think that the judge should have the sentencing hearing pay-per-view and sell tickets for the courthouse. All monies made to go to a fund that pays back people that got screwed by these scumbags.

#15349 6 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

In any case, I have extended family by marriage that have kids they can't afford. I can't explain it...they are in a bad financial situation already so the solution is more kids out of wedlock?

Without kids there is no future of a culture. But yes, those that keep procreating when they can't afford it may do so for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is lack of impulse control. Organized religion is an influence, as some denominations/sects (no pun intended) forbid use of birth control, so there come the kids. Different races/cultures have different emphasis on the family unit and what it 'should' be or needs to be. Some people even migrate to a given country and have as many kids as they possibly can because they're trying to take over the host country through birth rate alone.

#15350 6 years ago
Quoted from rammstein99:

Some people even migrate to a given country and have as many kids as they possibly can because they're trying to take over the host country through birth rate alone.

Visit Lakewood, NJ.

There are 18,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 307 of 370.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/307?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.