Topic Stats

• 18,269 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by Cobra99
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,540 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
194b3475e0440b8112afc0ac4ad5bf0ed0e8ec3db63fb4b6748a4f2e06a9865b (resized).jpg
31A053C2-4495-4E3E-980F-E5ADEA02F1DE (resized).jpeg
IMG_2933 (resized).JPG
beetlejuice-shrunken head (resized).jpg
2716720260_bc8966f6b1 (resized).jpg
D460F55E-AD42-43C6-91EB-B8162A84A094.gif
Screenshot_20190103-214734_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20181108-174321 (resized).png
Fife Appeal Sept 24 2018.pdf (PDF preview)
cat ooo 2.gif
7332539.attach (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

86 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 366.
#15201 2 years ago

screwed (resized).png

#15202 2 years ago

I feel so bad for the kids if they have these two clowns as their parents

#15203 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

I feel so bad for the kids if they have these two clowns as their parents

The road-apple never falls far from the horse.

#15204 2 years ago

Is it just me, or does she get really defensive when the topic of where the money for her cameras came from? I mean, it might just be that it's her only form of income and she wants to make sure that doesn't get cut off, but the way she was acting was a little bit off?

For example, when Keith calls them 'Very expensive cameras' her retort was "My very expensive camera equipment isn't very expensive". It's clear that some of the equipment she has is of a 'professional' level, so to try and make it sound like this is all $80 point-and-shoot equipment seems a bit fishy.

Oh and of note, she mentions several times about online harassment and tries turning on the waterworks a few times. I'd highly advise whoever may be thinking it's a good idea to give her a hard time, maybe don't. For one, it gives her less ammunition in court.

#15205 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Wonder what the State of Michigan and Medicaide would have to say about this.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,5885,7-339-71551_2945_42542_42543_42546_42551-220188--,00.html

#15206 2 years ago

"I bought it with my own money."
I'm sure you did honey, but when Kevin gives you $18K from the skitB account, it doesn't become YOUR money!

#15207 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Ask and you shall receive!
Audio from yesterday re: adversary proceeding against Defendant Amanda Kulek.
https://soundcloud.com/user-7602410/audio-file-1ap2016-02073-20170427-133738

HA (resized).jpg

#15208 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Ask and you shall receive!
Audio from yesterday re: adversary proceeding against Defendant Amanda Kulek.
https://soundcloud.com/user-7602410/audio-file-1ap2016-02073-20170427-133738

Not sure of the exact nature (might just be a phone conference with the Judge Opperman, keithinmi & Trustee Randall L. Frank) because I need captions for audio and video (unless person is looking straight at the camera) but am sure one of you will have comments on it soon.

fec3306f7c802359de309c17950dd3bc_rams-broncos-hc-jeff-fisher-opts-to-bench-austin-davis-start-popcorn-time-meme_600-436 (resized).jpg

#15209 2 years ago

For somebody that didn't know anything about her husband's business...she sure knew a lot about how hard he pursued vendors and whatnot...

#15210 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Is it just me, or does she get really defensive when the topic of where the money for her cameras came from? I mean, it might just be that it's her only form of income and she wants to make sure that doesn't get cut off, but the way she was acting was a little bit off?
For example, when Keith calls them 'Very expensive cameras' her retort was "My very expensive camera equipment isn't very expensive". It's clear that some of the equipment she has is of a 'professional' level, so to try and make it sound like this is all $80 point-and-shoot equipment seems a bit fishy.

This is all relative though. You can have a Nikon kit that costs $2000 and compared to a PnS.. yes it's expensive. Compared to other higher end photogs, that isn't even the cost of ONE lens. So if you have a few Gs in camera gear, and have a frame of reference that expects 'serious' photographers to spend way more.. it's not a stretch to argue your stuff isn't 'that expensive'

Imagine someone coming to your house, seeing your collection of four pins and saying "wow, you must spend a fortune on those things!" -- and in your head you think 'nah, compared to many, this is nothing..'

#15211 2 years ago

"we are not your typical husband and wife team"

Yup typical husband and wives don't shaft people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, hide it from everyone while collecting government funded program, while buying new houses with the stolen money.

#15212 2 years ago

"I can't emotionally take anymore of this..."

buahahahhaa

LEAVE ME ALONE! doesn't work in a legal setting when you're the one dealing with the consequences of your actions.

#15213 2 years ago

I'm 24 minutes into the recording and so far I've been able to come to the conclusion that she's "Over it."

#15214 2 years ago

I'M TIRED!!!

I don't have the time or capacity to deal with this...

Maybe if you actually followed the law... you wouldn't have to keep dealing with this Ms. Kulek.

If you want to run a business... you actually have rules to follow. Reap what you sow...

#15215 2 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

I'm 24 minutes into the recording and so far I've been able to come to the conclusion that she's "Over it."

I'm glad shes over it. Now, if she will just give me back my money I can be over it too...

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Oh and of note, she mentions several times about online harassment and tries turning on the waterworks a few times. I'd highly advise whoever may be thinking it's a good idea to give her a hard time, maybe don't. For one, it gives her less ammunition in court.

People love to play the victim when they've screwed other people. It makes them feel better about themselves. I don't believe for one second she feels any remorse or cries when she is not "on show" in the court setting trying to get sympathy.

#15216 2 years ago

Amanda is tired of the nonsense and can't go on like this Why is everyone picking on this poor defendant? Court cases have become a web she can't escape.

No records, no photos, no paperwork, no ip letter, yes fraud, yes tax evasion, yes house was a ruse that was paid for with SkitB funds, yes Keith has a realtor license and can appraise the house. Kevin's tax returns show no earnings from 2012 -2016, yet Amanda said he earned $125k.

TKO for Nathanson

#15217 2 years ago

"I'm always thinking ahead"

(unless it's actual business or financial records...)

#15218 2 years ago

"Mr. Kulek finally admitted, on the record, that he has never had an IP license to produce that game."

#15219 2 years ago

This lady acts like this is going to the principle's office and saying you are sorry...

I'm waiting for someone to blurt out 'THIS IS COURT, not a scolding'. She keeps responding like it's a matter of forgiveness, instead of actual legal actions.

#15220 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Typo on page 10 "There are in excess of 9,000
photos listed there which Defendant has retained, yet she claims she retains now "
Should be "retains none" at the end of the sentence.

No the paper is correct...she said she doesn't keep any of the photos (so can't prove what she did for Skit-B), but also claimed on Facebook about the 9000+ photos she saves for her customers. So she is lying in one of these statements.

#15221 2 years ago

Amanda has been diligently providing paperwork to her attorney, Ms Nickerbocker ... everything that was requested by court. Amanda can't help it if her lawyer won't cooperate. Sheesh why won't they leave this poor lady alone? She has all business records and receipts on her phone, she just can't seem to provide them to Keith. Exception for anything purchased at garage sales. Obviously it's time the courts move along. We're going to call a camera expert who knows about expensive "gray lenses". Bam!

#15222 2 years ago

Lying about pinball is hard.....

#15223 2 years ago

Wow...what a listen. I will say, Amanda confirmed what we all suspected...Kevin is a moron.

#15224 2 years ago

Welfare and Medicaid fraud in the state if Michigan is no joke. Up to 4 years just for the welfare fraud for anything over $500. You would think with 5 laptops you would figure that out.

#15225 2 years ago

Love how she dragged grandma into court as well, that conversation probably went like this "Hey grandma, I need you to come to court with me today and lie about giving me $28k... Oh yeah, and we also need to bring up the fact that we had to hide it from the govt to keep getting our 'bennies'."

#15226 2 years ago

Kevin was going to build pinball's in a flooded basement .... Like a true pirate!!!

#15227 2 years ago

Three feet of standing water in the basement when it rains? Is this house surrounded by a moat? On a lake?

#15228 2 years ago

My favorite line is "I have really bad credit because I had a really crappy mother".

Pretty much sums up their attitude on accountability.

#15229 2 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Three feet of standing water in the basement when it rains? Is this house surrounded by a moat? On a lake?

Flood plains are typically land that is meant to be preserved for nature, not to build homes on. I imagine back in 1905 there wasn't the flooding that there is there today. With global warming, 3 feet of water isn't surprising (especially if there are no sump pumps to eject water added since it was built). That house sounds like absolute hell, they may as well be living in a treehouse at this point.

#15230 2 years ago

My last house was in a historic district in a Boston suburb, and was over 100 years old with one of those old fieldstone foundations which are notorious for not being watertight. Though we were still halfway up a giant hill from a nearby pond, there was still enough hill behind us that when it spring came or when it rained for days, the hydrostatic pressure of the ground water would cause the water to shoot in from the walls. One spot on my basement wall was like a small garden hose in flow and it shot at least 1-2' horizontally off the wall to the basement floor.

Everyone on the street had sump pumps, but if you didn't have a battery backup during an outage, or if your float got caught on the inner sidewall of the small sump hole, you could have 3' of standing water within a day. Happened a few times when our float got stuck. Not fun at all, yet still not uncommon on my old street in MA.

#15231 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

please please please let these clowns face criminal charges. You can't get blood from a stone... but you can throw that stone in a box and shut the lid. Based on these things, it looks like the wife should be facing her own fraud, perjury and more. The whole idea of "I play dumb, you can't get me" defense clearly wasn't researched well

There's a fine line between playing dumb and being dumb. They crossed that line long ago and don't appear to have looked back.

#15232 2 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

My favorite line is "I have really bad credit because I had a really crappy mother".

At least she didn't say 'grandmother', eh?

#15233 2 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

I have not listened yet, but is she referring to a stolen identity? Yes there are crappy parents that use their children's identities to rack up debt and it is hard to resolve it once you are an adult.

#15234 2 years ago

As my 12 year old daughter would say, "Oh, snippity SNAP."

Or as I a 39 yr old man would say...."Oh Snap son".

#15235 2 years ago

Maybe we should send money so they can buy a sump pump.

#15236 2 years ago

Always the victim. I wonder if she has ever been at fault for anything in her life. Must be nice to be so perfect.

#15237 2 years ago

I'm not sure why it was so hard to explain in the hearing that it's not just that YOU paid for the gear Amanda.. it's about ensuring the money YOU used didn't come from Skit-B. "I bought everything" "my business account" - its not just about where the money LEFT from.. but the source of the funds that were spent.

See, when you don't keep any records... you can't defend your actions against scrutiny. That's why people (and the law) keep records!

That's how you keep things from being dragged on from years... or to 'make things just stop'. You have proof!

#15238 2 years ago

"i've contacted many lawyers and no one will take my case."

Shocker.

#15239 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

"I bought everything"

I think the term was "baughten"

#15240 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Little late to the party, its been corrected!

Nope, the second one is still there. Only the first was corrected.

#15241 2 years ago

Just listening to the tonal differences, I believe Amanda's business is separate from this whole deal, but she needs to back it up with account history.

The house on the other hand I don't buy it. She was not as believable in her responses on the house vs the photography hardware. Not nearly as defensive and only showed emotion when she started talking about it being her family's home. Interesting listening to these. Definitely sounds like a lot of stress in their household. I hope they can keep the kids out of it, though kids in a high stress environment typically pick up on things.

#15242 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Definitely sounds like a lot of stress in their household. I hope they can keep the kids out of it, though kids in a high stress environment typically pick up on things.

Father whose last reported income was 2012...as unemployment...

That usually is enough in itself to cause stress

#15243 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I hope they can keep the kids out of it

Agreed.

The sooner they are removed from that household, the better.

#15244 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I believe Amanda's business is separate from this whole deal, but she needs to back it up with account history.

To be honest, I too think this is possible.

It's like her tone was "lie, lie, lie, yeah yeah..." about everything, but once they approached her business she was like "wait, no this one is REALLY mine - not the like other stuff that's mine - but this one is REALLY really mine".

It's just speculation of course, she might have just changed her tone / sense of urgency because the cameras she stole actually make her money. Who knows.

#15245 2 years ago

My favorite quote;

"Can we not talk about Kevin....."

#15246 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Father whose last reported income was 2012...as unemployment...
That usually is enough in itself to cause stress

I would be stressed too if the unemployment rate was 4.7% (lowest ever) the last few years, and I could not find a job.

#15247 2 years ago

Three feet is likely a significant exaggeration. Many older homes in Michigan were built with basements that were not intended to be used as finished space. Damp with significant water after rains and snowmelt is/was to be expected.
Grew up in a semi-rural area and was surprised to find that people expect basements to be dry. Very few in that area were.
Also makes that space unsuitable for building and storing electronic devices.

#15248 2 years ago

If it's true - I don't get people calling her business to harass her

I also don't understand why people of limited financial means have 5 kids...

#15249 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I also don't understand why people of limited financial means have 5 kids...

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

#15250 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Entirely different subject but it's the truth. A working household of 2 that hold down very nice income jobs typically are the ones that only end up with 1 - 2 children. I guess it's how you end up passing the extra time when not working? Similar to the baby booms that occurs 9 months after a major disaster? Or just a complete lack of skill to think more than 1 day ahead.

I'll go with lack of skill .....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 18269 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 366.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside