Clevon (resized).jpg
0C707122-51D1-4488-8B69-8C91DA48018D.jpeg
72329539_10219705910182373_6362298985876553728_n (resized).jpg
pirateplayersclub (resized).jpg
case against keith.pdf (PDF preview)
_2_16-21030.pdf (PDF preview)
Kulek.pdf (PDF preview)
6-pennywise-has-some-nickelback-funny-meme (resized).jpg
will-ferrell-fillwerrel-i-just-fell-down-the-stairs-holding-31512906 (resized).png
pinsiders (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

87 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

287 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wolfmarsh. You are on page 2 of 2.
#16550 6 years ago

Listening to the recording, KeithinMI if you need any technical guidance, advice, or statements, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I will waive any fees for services.

#16649 6 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

others might not be so fortunate - so it might not seem like a lot to some of you - but that 4500 might have meant a lot to somebody on the list of who got ripped off. just something to consider.

Agreed.

I know for a fact it mattered a lot to some people. There were people who saved for years to be able to purchase predator because it was their dream.

#16683 6 years ago

It's worth reaching out to the station and explaining it to them. Refer them to this thread at least.

#16690 6 years ago

Here are their bullet points:

Man and family pretend to be a company that has supposedly has contracts with Fox for licensing Predator. They take in several hundred thousand dollars and don't deliver any products. Not only that, they didn't pay any income tax on the money.

Now they claim bankruptcy and have just had their home destroyed by a flood. Discharge of the debts/bankruptcy was denied, so Kevin Kulek is on the hook for the debt.

Right now, the fantastic lawyer Keith Nathanson is acting as special litigation counsel for the bankruptcy trustee, to try and claw back as much of the money as possible for the people lied to by Kevin Kulek and family.

They can tie that in to a larger piece about the dangers of internet fraud.

#16742 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

No it doesn't, but that's a nice comforting thought. The ones who get random justice just stand out.

People have tried to describe the phenomenon using things like karma, aura, etc... I truly think that even subconsciously, some people bring drama on themselves and are always feeling like they are the victim.

IMO, the nature of it all is that their piss poor attitude and inability to think ahead 6 months breeds drama in their lives. Anyone who has been over a large team of people has undoubtedly seen this archetype in an employee. They are the ones that can never show up on time, or fall behind in their work, for 100 varying reasons. (My car broke down, I couldn't find child care, etc..).

Each excuse alone would be perfectly acceptable, but when a different catastrophe happens 3 times a week for weeks on end, you know what you are in for with that person.

#16772 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So quiet in here.. when is the next court date? I need my audio fix wolfmarsh

c508 and I tag team it. I just checked pacer and nothing new of note really.

Keith has filed a motion to dismiss Virtuapin's defamation suit.

maletich_53.pdfmaletich_53.pdf

EDIT: c508 set me straight on what was in the doc, I misread it at first, above is now correct.

#16775 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM VIRTUAPIN. What a bunch of fools.

That's exactly how I feel too.

#16850 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

When one more recording is released it will be right back (and on fire).

Just waiting on more docs/audio to be posted.

Right now, the schedule as I see it in PACER is below, I wouldn't expect anything audio until 7/22 or late in the evening on 7/21 if we are lucky.

Amanda Kulek - Telephonic Status Conference to be held on 7/21/2017 at 03:30 PM
Kathy Kulek - Initial Scheduling Conference to be held on 8/3/2017 at 03:00 PM
Aaron Klumpp - Final Pretrial Conference scheduled for 11/16/2017 at 03:30 PM

#16864 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It takes some doing to blow $700k- he must have some left?

I don't think spending a few hundred thousand is as hard as people make it out to be, especially when you allegedly give over $100k to a cabinet guy who never produces anything.

I think Kevin truly is broke at this point.

#16877 6 years ago

Part of pacer has been down all day today so I can't check to see if there is audio from yesterday. I'll keep checking and see when it comes back up.

#16879 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I'm sure I speak for all when I say we appreciate your work retrieving this info for us.
Mike in Kentucky

Thanks.

PACER finally came back up, so I was able to get the audio from yesterday.

https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2016-02073-20170721-153812

2 weeks later
#16995 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

"I need to leave Michigan before Halloween...I don't like Halloween, so I'm going to California."
Which begs the most obvious question...does California not celebrate Halloween?

Hahaha, i thought the exact same thing.

2 weeks later
#17133 6 years ago

I know this isn't exactly what you guys are referring to, but it would be comical for the anyone to come after me or c508 for posting the court records.

In my opinion, Virtuapin's business is dead partly because he is a slimy dude who tried to take advantage of Kevin by pretending to be a mentor when in reality he was only trying to further Virtuapin and his own selfish goals.

Remember when I posted that he took in over $100k from Kevin, and Virtuapin claimed I was wrong? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/237#post-3358057

#17148 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

100% NOT urban myth. Any payment in cash or check over the amount of $10,000.00 must be reported by the business receiving such a payment.
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8300.pdf

You are incorrect. Please read the details here: https://www.irs.gov/publications/p1544/ar02.html

#17153 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I guess noone is reading the link Wolfmarsh posted....That's ^ all fine and dandy, but consecutive checks do not constitute cash. It specifically gives examples why checks drawn on personal accounts are not considered cash. So your argument is moot. If Kevin paid Virtua, 5 checks of $9900, for goods, it was a wasted effort, because one check of $50K would still not have required form 8300. Nor does 5 checks of $9900. It's a definite distinction the IRS makes. Only coins, paper money, cashier checks, money orders and bank transfers are considered "cash". My opinion, this was a tactical error by Keith going down this avenue.

Thanks Robert.

I believe this to be the correct interpretation of publication 1544. Can you imagine the amount of paperwork if every time a business wrote a check > than $10k to another business, and they had to fill out an 8300?

The purpose of the rule is to establish a paper trail for large amounts of cash, not to track checks written from an account that can already be tracked by the virtue of the bank's records.

They actually damaged their case more by splitting the payments up, because on the surface it indicates planning to try and avoid what they thought was an IRS rule that applied to them. Since it doesn't apply to them though, I'm not sure it matters. They were trying to avoid something that technically doesn't exist as it applies to these transactions.

It does show you how shady their relationship was though. We can all take that away from it.

PS - I am by no means an expert in this, so it's still up for discussion, but I have been researching this aspect of the case since the last recording.

#17155 6 years ago

I don't know that applies here, given that they weren't subject to filing an 8300 anyway. It's obvious they tried to do structuring, just not 100% clear if it even matters.

If I have a chance today, I'll call the IRS help line and ask for confirmation either way.

#17156 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't know that applies here, given that they weren't subject to filing an 8300 anyway. It's obvious they tried to do structuring, just not 100% clear if it even matters.
If I have a chance today, I'll call the IRS help line and ask for confirmation either way.

I tried to call the IRS for help, and got lost and hung up on about 6 times trying to navigate their phone system. Hangups were all automated, ranging from "Agents can only answer that during the filing season, check online *click*" to "Those questions are no longer answered by a human, check online *click*".

I've sent a couple emails to our accountants here at work and they will know the correct answer I think.

I'll report back when I find out more.

#17167 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

... so confusing that some study found that a large percentage of the time the IRS help line will give a caller incorrect "help"!

It definitely was not helpful to me today. You go down this long path of picking options, and 95% of them end in the system telling you to check online and hanging up on you. Doesn't give you an option to go back up a level, so you get to call back in and start over.

Still waiting back to hear from the accountant.

1 week later
#17279 6 years ago

I just checked on Pacer to see if there was anything new. Didn't find anything new to share, so I went and looked up some of the next dates.

Amanda (Kevin's wife) got 63 extra days added to her deadline because of the flood, so by my math that makes it around 10/25/17 that she owes the court a source for the $30k she owes.

Kathy (Kevin's mom) has the pretrial conference on 10/19/17 and the trial is scheduled for 10/25/17.

#17304 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

There is a 16 minute audio clip on the PIORNAK II docket too, but my SoundCloud trial account is full... I'll leave it for WolfMarsh to post (probably just Keithinmi and Piornak II's attorney discussing the time table with Judge Opperman).

I'll get this posted in just a bit, just wrapping up some work stuff.

#17316 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Saw the new posts and was hoping that audio file was posted! Oh well, hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry, work is killing me right now.

Here is the latest audio for the PIORNAK II case: https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02013-20170907-140119

1 week later
#17457 6 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Anyone who has items of ANY perceived value is now on notice, if they were not before, that this trustee is definitely coming. Best course of action would be to go to the trustee via a letter that lists out what items you think might be tainted and could be potentially clawed back. That way you might avoid some of the legal fees at least. This new set of settlements definitely widens the net.

100%.

In the end, the trustee is interested in recovering money, not pinball parts. I'd imagine that anyone that is holding parts might be able to work a financial deal with the trustee. A playfield and some ramps aren't worth losing a bunch of people's respect, in my opinion.

4 weeks later
#17499 6 years ago

Some new documents and small audio in the case.

In the case against Kevin's mom, the joint final pretrial statement was filed without any input from his mom.

mom_37.pdfmom_37.pdf

She didn't show up to the pretrial meeting either, which you can hear in the audio.

https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02000-20171019-145457

One of the associated case defendants has offered $2000 to settle his associated case:

kulek_78.pdfkulek_78.pdf

Another associated case defendant has offered $500 to settle his case:

kulek_86.pdfkulek_86.pdf

#17540 6 years ago

I’ll keep checking throughout the day to see if anything gets posted.

#17542 6 years ago

In an interesting twist, the trustee has decided it is no longer worth their time to continue the case against Kevin's mom, as it would provide no benefit to the trustee.

mom_40.pdfmom_40.pdf

#17548 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Am I understanding this correctly? Is momma k off the hook?

I think you are. The associated case has been marked closed in Pacer.

3 weeks later
#17599 6 years ago

Things are moving, it will come in spurts.

#17607 6 years ago

Here is the document.

fife_46.pdffife_46.pdf

2 weeks later
#17688 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17756 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I love all of the Micihgan people that are rooting for Kevin

Insults are all Kevin and his cronies have left.

So far this lawsuit seems to have cost him his marriage, will cause future wage garnishments if he ever works again, pushed Kevin out of the national pinball scene, and cost him his dream job of designing/building pinball machines. It's also not finished yet.

Yuck it up Kevin.

2 months later
#17856 6 years ago

He probably isn't worried until court is over. Hopefully nobody would be stupid enough to threaten him or do anything against him while the court case is going on.

#17876 6 years ago

This afternoon I might have a chance to check Pacer again, I've been so busy with life I haven't had a chance in a month or two.

2 months later
#17958 5 years ago

It's not over, still going.

Amanda was recently in court, audio here: https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2016-02073-20180426-153136

Her full court date is June 1st.

#17959 5 years ago

There is a bunch of new stuff in the Maletich case, I'll download and post that stuff later as time permits.

#17971 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wolfmarsh must be the busiest man in SC.

If only it weren't true. SFGE in a couple weeks will be my first time to stop and take a deep breath in the past 6 months.

I did have a chance to quickly download the latest audio in the Maletich case, but I haven't listened to it yet. This is from April 26th, 2018.

https://soundcloud.com/user-800669943/1ap2017-02002-20180426-151006

#17975 5 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Hey Wolfmarsh, I look forward to seeing you at SFGE again this year. We'll have to grab a beer.

Heck yeah man, let's do it!

2 months later
#18052 5 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I seriously doubt all this is affecting him much.

He got divorced over this. This absolutely affected the amount he gets to see his kids.

287 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wolfmarsh. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/2?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.